Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread 15:43 - Feb 18 with 73116 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:21 - Feb 19 with 1621 viewsDibaba

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 12:51 - Feb 19 by Uxbridge

Which players were these? Had Laudrup agreed terms with these players? Had Laudrup arranged the fees between the clubs? Had Laudrup ensured that no other clubs were bidding for these?

Because if you don't have these details, then I'm going to have to call bullshit on this. I love the idea that Laudrup could just go to a player, ask him if he wants to sign, and that would be that. It'd be very interesting to hear whether these players were approached through Tutu and how much of a cut he was hoping to earn from this.

And there we have the crux. Was Laudrup operating in the interests of SCFC or in the interests of his agent and his reputation?

Of course Laudrup didn't agree terms with the players, as it isn't his job. But if any player is willing to tell Laudrup that he's willing to play for little old Swansea especially because Laudrup is managing there, then they are probably not demanding 100,000 pounds per week.

And I'm sure that based on Laudrup's track record of being an "genuine and honest" person, attested to by Jenkins himself, that he's not just making up "bullshit" as you say.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:24 - Feb 19 with 1612 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:17 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

There is no evidence that Tutu acted any differently than in the previous season when he brought in Michu, De Guzman, Chico and Hernandez. And he didn't toot his own horn when those players were brought in, even while Jenkins was getting all the acclaim.

But one season later, when he's willing to listen to offers for one of Swansea's most valuable players, who is replaceable if the price is right, I might add, then all of a sudden he becomes the fall guy. (I'm not even convinced that I even believe those stories about Williams anyway.)

Evidence? Oh we're talking about evidence are we. What evidence is there that Laudrup was *snigger* Abramovic's first choice? What evidence is there that Laudrup was only told by email that he was going? Interesting standards being applied here.

The truth about Tutu will likely come out in the wash sooner rather than later. However from what I know to be true, he acted completely disgracefully and used his position to make as much money as he possibly could with absolutely no consideration for what was best for Swansea City. He had no authority to make even a quarter of the deals he did and certainly no authority to try and sell our club captain as part of one of those deals. If you or Laudrup can't see that then it's good that he's gone.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:29 - Feb 19 with 1602 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:21 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

Of course Laudrup didn't agree terms with the players, as it isn't his job. But if any player is willing to tell Laudrup that he's willing to play for little old Swansea especially because Laudrup is managing there, then they are probably not demanding 100,000 pounds per week.

And I'm sure that based on Laudrup's track record of being an "genuine and honest" person, attested to by Jenkins himself, that he's not just making up "bullshit" as you say.

For the first part, that's a ridiculous leap to make. Hell the sentence is ridiculous. All we have is Laudrup's word that he's tapped up a few players. No specifics, no names, no figures, no nothing. It's the equivalent of giving a phone book to a call centre and saying you've got them some customers.

As for the second, either Jenkins is a liar or he isn't. If he's lying about Laudrup's departure then you can't trust his words on Laudrup's character either. Can't have your cake and eat it.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:29 - Feb 19 with 1599 viewsgibs0n

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:24 - Feb 19 by Uxbridge

Evidence? Oh we're talking about evidence are we. What evidence is there that Laudrup was *snigger* Abramovic's first choice? What evidence is there that Laudrup was only told by email that he was going? Interesting standards being applied here.

The truth about Tutu will likely come out in the wash sooner rather than later. However from what I know to be true, he acted completely disgracefully and used his position to make as much money as he possibly could with absolutely no consideration for what was best for Swansea City. He had no authority to make even a quarter of the deals he did and certainly no authority to try and sell our club captain as part of one of those deals. If you or Laudrup can't see that then it's good that he's gone.

Its purely guessing....
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:31 - Feb 19 with 1595 viewsDewi1jack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 12:46 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

So, are you suggesting that the board itself is free of egos? If they are, then why did they apparently not sign any of those players Laudrup had persuaded to join Swansea during the summer? Maybe their egos got in the way. Just a thought.

"Persuaded to join?"

Let's see...
Aspas- do you want to come to Swansea and earn about 25K a year, or do you want to go to Liverpool, a club who've won numerous European titles and will pay you around 70 k a year?
Aubermeyang- do you want to play for Swansea in the EL or really put yourself in the shop window for a big money move playing in the CL.
I think both answers are the polar opposite of coming to us.
You seem to / think you know a lot about the inner workings of our club.
Who we signing in the summer? I can get a bet on and screw the bookies
What profit are we posting with our next set of accounts?
Ahh. The only things you know are what King Micheal has said.
Don't believe everything you see or hear: There are 2 or 3 sides to every story.
Doubt we will hear you apologise when you're made to look stupid, because ML was only saying things to make him look good, or when the other side of the story comes out.
You'll be long gone following your next false idol

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:33 - Feb 19 with 1589 viewsDibaba

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:20 - Feb 19 by Uxbridge

Bullshit. Laudrup was first choice and he didn't go? Heh. Heh heh heh heh. Do you really, truly, believe that?

And, yeah you are.

So, which is it? Is Jenkins a truthful person or a liar? You can't have it both ways.

"And yeah you are."

I'm what? Danish?

The only Danes I know personally that have slanted eyes are those adopted from Asian countries by Danes already living there.

Why is it so hard to believe that Laudrup was wanted by Chelsea in the summer after he led the team with the Premier League's smallest budget to a historic, unprecedented major trophy and 9 place in the Premier League? I mean, we're talking about a team with 20,000 seats beating Chelsea over two legs in two clean sheets, and beating Arsenal away 2-0!

Don't you think Abramovich would have been the least bit impressed by that in summer of 2013?

Don't you think he would have put his hat in the ring when an overwhelming majority (IIRC some 90 percent) of Madrid fans surveyed said that they wanted Laudrup as their next boss?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 16:09]
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:38 - Feb 19 with 1577 viewsDibaba

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:20 - Feb 19 by Uxbridge

Bullshit. Laudrup was first choice and he didn't go? Heh. Heh heh heh heh. Do you really, truly, believe that?

And, yeah you are.

So, which is it? Is Jenkins a truthful person or a liar? You can't have it both ways.

"Is Jenkins a truthful person or a liar?"

It depends.

When he doesn't need to pay compensation for a manager that is no longer favored by the board, then yes, he's probably a truthful person in most instances.

When he is embarrassed about the so-called "leaks" which were proven to be bullshit, e.g., Paris, then he's probably being truthful in defending a man who is generally known to be a genuine and honest person.

I trust the man who was voted as Manager of the Year by his peers and vowed never to leave a club in mid-season, despite potentially lucrative offers, even while never promising to stay after the season.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 15:21]
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:43 - Feb 19 with 1562 viewsDibaba

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:31 - Feb 19 by Dewi1jack

"Persuaded to join?"

Let's see...
Aspas- do you want to come to Swansea and earn about 25K a year, or do you want to go to Liverpool, a club who've won numerous European titles and will pay you around 70 k a year?
Aubermeyang- do you want to play for Swansea in the EL or really put yourself in the shop window for a big money move playing in the CL.
I think both answers are the polar opposite of coming to us.
You seem to / think you know a lot about the inner workings of our club.
Who we signing in the summer? I can get a bet on and screw the bookies
What profit are we posting with our next set of accounts?
Ahh. The only things you know are what King Micheal has said.
Don't believe everything you see or hear: There are 2 or 3 sides to every story.
Doubt we will hear you apologise when you're made to look stupid, because ML was only saying things to make him look good, or when the other side of the story comes out.
You'll be long gone following your next false idol

You're talking about those that were reported in the media.

Laudrup never mentioned players who he was interested in until something was actually being offered.

In the cases you cited, offers were apparently made, and that is why they were in the media. Some staff somewhere made leaks, not Laudrup.

Apparently there were others that Laudrup had talked to who showed great interest who were either not made offers or were otherwise not successfully recruited by Swansea's recruiting dept.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:43 - Feb 19 with 1562 viewsDull1Thomas

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:51 - Feb 18 by Phil_S

As I understand it isnt it 9 days to receive a letter?

And the farce with Ki? Ah yes the one where Laudrup decided he didnt want to recall him? That farce you mean?

Didn't the board sort out contracts, including loans?
As reported ki couldn't have come back if the request wasn't in at the start of January.
So it could have been Laudrup was saying he didn't want him back because he knew he couldn't get him and didn't want the players he had to feel unwanted!
I'm not saying that is what happened but it is a reasonable assumption especially as HJ didn't seem to know how the contract was set.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:44 - Feb 19 with 1557 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:38 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

"Is Jenkins a truthful person or a liar?"

It depends.

When he doesn't need to pay compensation for a manager that is no longer favored by the board, then yes, he's probably a truthful person in most instances.

When he is embarrassed about the so-called "leaks" which were proven to be bullshit, e.g., Paris, then he's probably being truthful in defending a man who is generally known to be a genuine and honest person.

I trust the man who was voted as Manager of the Year by his peers and vowed never to leave a club in mid-season, despite potentially lucrative offers, even while never promising to stay after the season.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 15:21]

So if Laudrup wasn't in Paris where was he?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:49 - Feb 19 with 1550 viewsDibaba

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:24 - Feb 19 by Uxbridge

"What evidence is there that Laudrup was *snigger* Abramovic's first choice?"

Laudrup said that he was approached by Chelsea, but they never made an offer because Laudrup made it clear that he wanted to stay at Swansea.

I never said that he was the first choice, but only that he was approached before Mourinho. And considering Mourinho's track record with Abramovich, one can definitely see how that is plausible.

Let's think back on Laudrup post Capitol One Cup, and not with the present lens of having been fired by Swansea. It is the only way we'll have an objective opinion about what transpired in the summer of 2013.

Laudrup was the media darling and had been voted Manager of the Year by his peers. He was one of the most popular managers in Europe, and even an incredible majority of Real Madrid fans wanted him as the next manager.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:49 - Feb 19 with 1550 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:33 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

"And yeah you are."

I'm what? Danish?

The only Danes I know personally that have slanted eyes are those adopted from Asian countries by Danes already living there.

Why is it so hard to believe that Laudrup was wanted by Chelsea in the summer after he led the team with the Premier League's smallest budget to a historic, unprecedented major trophy and 9 place in the Premier League? I mean, we're talking about a team with 20,000 seats beating Chelsea over two legs in two clean sheets, and beating Arsenal away 2-0!

Don't you think Abramovich would have been the least bit impressed by that in summer of 2013?

Don't you think he would have put his hat in the ring when an overwhelming majority (IIRC some 90 percent) of Madrid fans surveyed said that they wanted Laudrup as their next boss?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 16:09]

It's hard to believe because it's hard to believe that Abramovic would want a manager with only a league cup on his resume when he already had Mourinho in his back pocket.

You love Laudrup. I get it. But he could do wrong.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:54 - Feb 19 with 1529 viewsDibaba

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:49 - Feb 19 by Uxbridge

It's hard to believe because it's hard to believe that Abramovic would want a manager with only a league cup on his resume when he already had Mourinho in his back pocket.

You love Laudrup. I get it. But he could do wrong.

Is it really that hard to believe when you consider that he hired Avram Grant, who had almost nothing on his CV?

The same Avram Grant who succeeded Mourinho?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 14:13]
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:59 - Feb 19 with 1509 viewsswan65split

"I’m very, very confused so I call and ask what’s going on. It was a little difficult to hear what was said on the phone"

lets see, cant hear! Sorry I cant hear you can you repeat or WHAT YOU SAY MUSH!

Mooooooooooooo.

I very confused what you saying ML
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 14:03 - Feb 19 with 1495 viewsYr_Arglwydd_Rhys

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:49 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

"What evidence is there that Laudrup was *snigger* Abramovic's first choice?"

Laudrup said that he was approached by Chelsea, but they never made an offer because Laudrup made it clear that he wanted to stay at Swansea.

I never said that he was the first choice, but only that he was approached before Mourinho. And considering Mourinho's track record with Abramovich, one can definitely see how that is plausible.

Let's think back on Laudrup post Capitol One Cup, and not with the present lens of having been fired by Swansea. It is the only way we'll have an objective opinion about what transpired in the summer of 2013.

Laudrup was the media darling and had been voted Manager of the Year by his peers. He was one of the most popular managers in Europe, and even an incredible majority of Real Madrid fans wanted him as the next manager.

"Let's think back on Laudrup post Capitol One Cup, and not with the present lens of having been fired by Swansea. It is the only way we'll have an objective opinion about what transpired in the summer of 2013. "

Hmm...shall we? The game which featured a squabble between our players over penalty taking because, as Laudrup admitted later, he hadn't thought of assigning a dedicated penalty taker? The game - sorry, final - where Laudrup did not appear in the changing rooms for a team talk? The game in which Laudrup played a midfielder in the back four because Laudrup had fallen out with our other defender? Just before he then fell out with the midfielder and refused to talk to him ever again, like a five year old child?

No doubt Laudrup played a role in the cup win, but the match itself tells us so much about the man and his managing style: it works spectacularly at times, but boy does he make problems for himself.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 14:04 - Feb 19 with 1495 viewsDibaba

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:05 - Feb 19 by Uxbridge

Everton? You mean our reserve team. And hell that was still a million times better than West Ham away.
Stoke? You mean the only time we've got a point up there, and pretty much dominated the game.

Again, another thing that Laudrup couldn't possibly be to blame for eh. It's either the players fault or the board's fault, never St. Michael.

I'm talking about Everton at home and Stoke away last season. They had the same manager, but looked a completely different team. Sometimes the players themselves have to take the blame, and I think in these instances, they must.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 14:10 - Feb 19 with 1474 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 14:04 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

I'm talking about Everton at home and Stoke away last season. They had the same manager, but looked a completely different team. Sometimes the players themselves have to take the blame, and I think in these instances, they must.

Yeah, so anything good was down to Laudrup, and anything bad was down to the players.

You sure you aren't Laudrup?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 14:10 - Feb 19 with 1474 viewsItchySphincter

Fvkin incredible. Do these imbeciles who question the inegrity of the club and board over the whinings of another foreign mercenary actually consider themselves supporters?

Incredible.

I'm starting to go right off Laudrup and these 'fans' are not helping matters. There is not one piece of factual info on this thread re the actions of the club yet the bullsh!t is being spouted as evidence.

We can do without these kind of fans, hopefully they'll follow Laudrup to wherever he lands next. Shallow cvnts.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 14:11 - Feb 19 with 1474 viewsDull1Thomas

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 14:03 - Feb 19 by Yr_Arglwydd_Rhys

"Let's think back on Laudrup post Capitol One Cup, and not with the present lens of having been fired by Swansea. It is the only way we'll have an objective opinion about what transpired in the summer of 2013. "

Hmm...shall we? The game which featured a squabble between our players over penalty taking because, as Laudrup admitted later, he hadn't thought of assigning a dedicated penalty taker? The game - sorry, final - where Laudrup did not appear in the changing rooms for a team talk? The game in which Laudrup played a midfielder in the back four because Laudrup had fallen out with our other defender? Just before he then fell out with the midfielder and refused to talk to him ever again, like a five year old child?

No doubt Laudrup played a role in the cup win, but the match itself tells us so much about the man and his managing style: it works spectacularly at times, but boy does he make problems for himself.

Apart from the penalty situation all of that is speculation.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 14:11 - Feb 19 with 1474 viewsDibaba

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:44 - Feb 19 by Darran

So if Laudrup wasn't in Paris where was he?

Guilty until proven innocent?

He needs an alibi now?

Do you really think he would have flown off to Paris without having told Jenkins?

According to Laudrup, he had an important personal matter on Monday that Jenkins was aware of.

Do you really need to know what that personal matter was?
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 14:19 - Feb 19 with 1448 viewsDibaba

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 14:03 - Feb 19 by Yr_Arglwydd_Rhys

"he hadn't thought of assigning a dedicated penalty taker?"

Often assistants are responsible for those duties, and Curtis would probably have known better than Wieghorst or Laudrup who the best penalty taker is anyway. And that would probably be why Laudrup didn't look pleased and was asking questions of Curtis. To be fair, some of the blame of course falls to Laudrup, but I'm sure others need to look at themselves too, especially Dyer, who was never designated as a set piece taker and had a greedy moment there in insisting to take the penalty.

"The game in which Laudrup played a midfielder in the back four because Laudrup had fallen out with our other defender?'

So, now it is Laudrup's fault that Bartley played horrendously against Liverpool and was clearly not in form to play an important cup final? Is it his fault that Chico suffered an injury?

Anyway, your criticisms about Laudrup during one game have no bearing on whether he was wanted by top clubs in Europe. Absolutely none.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 14:21]
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 14:25 - Feb 19 with 1430 viewsPozuelosSideys

Dibaba, are you employed as part of Laudrup's PR team to manage his commerical persona?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 14:27 - Feb 19 with 1425 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 14:11 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

He needs an alibi now?

Do you really think he would have flown off to Paris without having told Jenkins?

According to Laudrup, he had an important personal matter on Monday that Jenkins was aware of.

Nah I couldn't give a f^ck where he was if I'm honest but anyone can give answers like that.
You're taking one mans word as gospel at the moment without knowing if there's more to the story,I find that a bit disturbing.

The Paris rumours probably had something to do with him previously popping off to Paris to see his daughter.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 14:28 - Feb 19 with 1418 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 14:11 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

He needs an alibi now?

No, because it's a sideshow from the issue anyway.

It's clear that the real issue was Laudrup's support staff not being up to scratch. Complaints about training being poor and not being prepared properly. Complaints that the board too seriously enough to demand change. This isn't in dispute as Laudrup himself said so, and his word is gospel as we know.

Interesting that those same support staff were the reason for his departure at Mallorca. I guess that was Jenkins' fault too. Maybe, just maybe, if Laudrup refused to discuss their futures it meant his own could only go one way.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 14:28 - Feb 19 with 1418 viewsDibaba

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 14:10 - Feb 19 by Uxbridge

Yeah, so anything good was down to Laudrup, and anything bad was down to the players.

You sure you aren't Laudrup?

That isn't what I said at all.

After the international break before the Everton match the players seemed to have lost form and fitness. Whether Laudrup or his staff is to blame is questionable. During an international break, all players are given instructions on how they should train. I'm not convinced that the players followed those instructions.

I would imagine that the players weren't disciplined enough in their training during the break.

As happened in the reports about the Dubai camp, the manager seems to be the only one being blamed when players lack discipline.

This is also evident when people are blaming Laudrup for an incident when Dyer was obviously acting like a selfish prick when arguing with the set piece taker De Guzman. Obviously that is an issue of discipline, and the manager is not to blame necessarily when a player insists on getting a hat-trick at the expense of the team. Laudrup did the right thing as a manager in pulling Dyer, who shifted the team's focus away from team play to getting him his hat-trick. Yet, Laudrup gets the blame for the argument.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 14:32]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024