Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just what is wrong with some people? 11:27 - Feb 20 with 6079 viewsD_Alien

Do we really want a sychophantic forum where no views can be expressed other than happy clappy ones, come win, lose or draw? How incredibly boring that would be. In fact, it'd be dead within weeks if that's all that was posted.

Isn't the whole f**king point that people can post what they like (within the law), have those views dissected and rubbished or agreed with? Why is the former boring but not the latter?

The fact we're pushing for at least a play off place is wonderful under a great manager, but brings its own tensions. If some of you can't stomach a critique of certain aspects of a performance, you really shouldn't be visiting this forum, because that's the very lifeblood of the place.

[Post edited 20 Feb 2014 14:39]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Just what is wrong with some people? on 11:32 - Feb 20 with 2843 viewsThe_DJ

Just what is wrong with some people? on 11:45 - Feb 20 with 2814 viewslurker

Completely agree with your thoughts DA.

I have sat back and read most of the posts on here since Tuesday's result and have been thoroughly entertained. Some of the posts have been downright laughable and some of the responses equally chuckleworthy. Think some of the criticism has been beyond but much of this is just raw emotion, which is why we are fans and not players or managers ourselves.

What I would like to say, though, having read most people's opinions on the match and our progress over the season so far is that HIlly has it completely correct that expectations have spiralled out of control.

At the start of the season, which of us hand on heart actually thought we were nailed on for a playoff place never mind automatic promotion, yet some will now settle for nothing less than a top 3 place.

Most supporters are crazy. That’s what makes us fanatics! Some of us are gobshites, and I am not going to take the high ground and say I have never shouted out of turn at a Dale game. It’s what we do in the heat of the moment. I laughed my fooking head off sat in the TDS on Tuesday when most of the supporters around me were slagging George off about 2 seconds before he equalised and then singing his name soon after. It’s hilarious how human we are!

Oh, and now Robshaker is back among us any gobshites will have to step their game up.

Loving it and this season!

Up The Dale!
Just what is wrong with some people? on 11:53 - Feb 20 with 2790 viewsParkinsGimp

Football is all about opinions, I dont give a monkeys about anyone having a go at me for my thoughts. Some will agree some wont. Thats life. Its all about debate.
I am happy to be proved wrong on any opinion I have about any player. But my wise old head has proved me right more times than wrong.
But I do not begrudge anyone else having a differing opinion to myself.
We are all after the same goal so lets just see how it turns out. It would be a very boring game if we had nothing to "chat" about after a game :-)
Just what is wrong with some people? on 12:19 - Feb 20 with 2749 viewsColDale

Don't get your original post DA.

There's been all sorts of views since Tuesday, ranging from the sensible to the bizarre. That happen and always will happen, and there's been no widespread holier than thou response to any of them, unless I've missed it.

Normally, the "I'm entitled to my opinion" approach usually falls foul when someone has the temerity to have a differing opinion to that which has a certain irony about it.
Just what is wrong with some people? on 12:50 - Feb 20 with 2684 viewsD_Alien

Just what is wrong with some people? on 12:19 - Feb 20 by ColDale

Don't get your original post DA.

There's been all sorts of views since Tuesday, ranging from the sensible to the bizarre. That happen and always will happen, and there's been no widespread holier than thou response to any of them, unless I've missed it.

Normally, the "I'm entitled to my opinion" approach usually falls foul when someone has the temerity to have a differing opinion to that which has a certain irony about it.

My OP follows the post (copied and pasted in fact) on the "This places current themes" thread, in reaction to the suggestion that post-match criticism of some aspects of the performance is boring, and that we all think we're world class managers with uniquely gifted hindsight.

As lurker eloquently pointed out, we're just human and enjoy a damned good dissection of a Dale game, whether that's in the pub or on here.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Just what is wrong with some people? on 13:04 - Feb 20 with 2629 viewsYouTubeDale

At the start of the season there WAS much optimism and that optimism hasn't faded as far as I can gauge. In my opinion, many fans thought that we could make the play-offs. I for one had great expectations at the start of the season. I placed a £50 bet at 11/2 for us to get promoted. I have never placed a football bet before, and rarely bet at all. I was thinking of putting £100 on. My expectations are still high and I wouldn't remove the bet if I could.

Yes, a happy bunny but I am a person who can still be constructive in my criticism however well we are playing, because we are not yet perfect and I don't think we will ever be perfect.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Just what is wrong with some people? on 13:15 - Feb 20 with 2589 viewslurker

Just what is wrong with some people? on 13:04 - Feb 20 by YouTubeDale

At the start of the season there WAS much optimism and that optimism hasn't faded as far as I can gauge. In my opinion, many fans thought that we could make the play-offs. I for one had great expectations at the start of the season. I placed a £50 bet at 11/2 for us to get promoted. I have never placed a football bet before, and rarely bet at all. I was thinking of putting £100 on. My expectations are still high and I wouldn't remove the bet if I could.

Yes, a happy bunny but I am a person who can still be constructive in my criticism however well we are playing, because we are not yet perfect and I don't think we will ever be perfect.

Maybe that's where some of the added aggression is coming from. Everyone has got a bet on!
Just what is wrong with some people? on 13:28 - Feb 20 with 2563 viewsMass_Debater

Just what is wrong with some people? on 13:04 - Feb 20 by YouTubeDale

Is asking what the team does in training constructive?
Login to get fewer ads

Just what is wrong with some people? on 13:46 - Feb 20 with 2528 viewszxcvbnm

Just what is wrong with some people? on 13:28 - Feb 20 by Mass_Debater

Judging by today's tweets, playing poker, doing DIY, eating Yorkies and having their hair done is today's activity of choice

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Just what is wrong with some people? on 14:37 - Feb 20 with 2454 viewsaleanddale

Just what is wrong with some people? on 13:46 - Feb 20 by zxcvbnm

Judging by today's tweets, playing poker, doing DIY, eating Yorkies and having their hair done is today's activity of choice

Think thats just footballers in general not just Dale footballers.

Its mad actually when you think about it why we are so passionate aboout a general group who actually you probably wouldnt get on with all that well in real life.

Add in the fact that most are self absorbed and are really quite distasteful only adds to the mystery!!!

any how >> there needs to be a little bit more realism but you do get a broad brush of opinion on here.

I hope for the 15 wins and 15 draws as a starting point, ( 60 points* ) for a season. As we are well on track what can i complain about.

* and then have a look from there.
Just what is wrong with some people? on 14:52 - Feb 20 with 2431 viewsDaley_Lama

Just what is wrong with some people? on 14:37 - Feb 20 by aleanddale

Think thats just footballers in general not just Dale footballers.

Its mad actually when you think about it why we are so passionate aboout a general group who actually you probably wouldnt get on with all that well in real life.

Add in the fact that most are self absorbed and are really quite distasteful only adds to the mystery!!!

any how >> there needs to be a little bit more realism but you do get a broad brush of opinion on here.

I hope for the 15 wins and 15 draws as a starting point, ( 60 points* ) for a season. As we are well on track what can i complain about.

* and then have a look from there.

George Donnelly is not good enough. Fact.

Poll: DF in or out

Just what is wrong with some people? on 17:41 - Feb 20 with 2291 viewsYouTubeDale

C
[Post edited 20 Feb 2014 17:44]

Just what is wrong with some people? on 17:44 - Feb 20 with 2277 viewsYouTubeDale

Just what is wrong with some people? on 13:28 - Feb 20 by Mass_Debater

Constructive if acted upon. If Dale staff did take notice of this forum then I would be over the moon if at Exeter the ball is hit to the back post, Vincenti heads it into the goal mouth area and one of our players anticipates and smashes the ball home. If it happens more than once I will be doing cartwheels. Although I guess this forum is read by management and players I wouldn't think it would be influential in terms of changing the training routine. We like to hope though.

Just what is wrong with some people? on 18:12 - Feb 20 with 2235 viewsBrierls

Just what is wrong with some people? on 17:44 - Feb 20 by YouTubeDale

Constructive if acted upon. If Dale staff did take notice of this forum then I would be over the moon if at Exeter the ball is hit to the back post, Vincenti heads it into the goal mouth area and one of our players anticipates and smashes the ball home. If it happens more than once I will be doing cartwheels. Although I guess this forum is read by management and players I wouldn't think it would be influential in terms of changing the training routine. We like to hope though.

Keith Hill is the best manager this club has ever had, and probably ever will have. I love the man to bits. But the day he takes 'messageboard manager' tactical advice from this forum is the day he goes from being the best and becomes one of the worst*

*which won't happen, because he knows his onions and won't seek tactical advice from here!!!
Just what is wrong with some people? on 19:03 - Feb 20 with 2161 viewsMass_Debater

Just what is wrong with some people? on 17:44 - Feb 20 by YouTubeDale

All of which is still extremely disrespectful to the meticulous way Hill prepares his teams for every game and the success he has enjoyed at RAFC to date.

We can all have our opinions, but the day Hill starts to listen to them will be the day his management career declines.
Just what is wrong with some people? on 19:06 - Feb 20 with 2156 viewsSuddenLad

Just what is wrong with some people? on 19:03 - Feb 20 by Mass_Debater

All of which is still extremely disrespectful to the meticulous way Hill prepares his teams for every game and the success he has enjoyed at RAFC to date.

We can all have our opinions, but the day Hill starts to listen to them will be the day his management career declines.

Spot on.

In fact, anyone who believes that their opinion, however constructive, will have any bearing on a future decision that KH makes, is utterly deluded.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Just what is wrong with some people? on 19:33 - Feb 20 with 2114 viewsdalefan

Just what is wrong with some people? on 18:12 - Feb 20 by Brierls

Keith Hill is the best manager this club has ever had, and probably ever will have. I love the man to bits. But the day he takes 'messageboard manager' tactical advice from this forum is the day he goes from being the best and becomes one of the worst*

*which won't happen, because he knows his onions and won't seek tactical advice from here!!!

This
Just what is wrong with some people? on 20:09 - Feb 20 with 2073 viewsTalkingSutty

Just what is wrong with some people? on 18:12 - Feb 20 by Brierls

Keith Hill is the best manager this club has ever had and probably ever will have. I don't love him to bits though. I think he is like a lot of people in football these days, out of touch with the real supporters and up his own arse at times.

They think the game belongs to them because they make a living out of it and their attitude is fuelled by fans constantly blowing smoke up their arse. I watch as he tries to belittle the guy asking the questions in the post match interviews and listen as he speaks in rhymes like some great messiah.

To a lot of these football people the fans are a hindrance and Hilly is never shy when it comes to having a go at the fans. I cant fault him when it comes to producing a team that plays good football but the sideshow that comes with him lets him down in my opinion.
Just what is wrong with some people? on 21:10 - Feb 20 with 2001 viewsnordenblue

Just what is wrong with some people? on 20:09 - Feb 20 by TalkingSutty

Keith Hill is the best manager this club has ever had and probably ever will have. I don't love him to bits though. I think he is like a lot of people in football these days, out of touch with the real supporters and up his own arse at times.

They think the game belongs to them because they make a living out of it and their attitude is fuelled by fans constantly blowing smoke up their arse. I watch as he tries to belittle the guy asking the questions in the post match interviews and listen as he speaks in rhymes like some great messiah.

To a lot of these football people the fans are a hindrance and Hilly is never shy when it comes to having a go at the fans. I cant fault him when it comes to producing a team that plays good football but the sideshow that comes with him lets him down in my opinion.

I find most interviews with managers rather sickly and staged, if you listen to Flicker he might as well have the football cliché phrase book in front of him to read out of,its pretty obvious where hes learnt the ropes too,I wish a had a fiver for every time him and Hilly say "with respect to"
Just what is wrong with some people? on 21:19 - Feb 20 with 1984 viewsTalkingSutty

Just what is wrong with some people? on 21:10 - Feb 20 by nordenblue

I find most interviews with managers rather sickly and staged, if you listen to Flicker he might as well have the football cliché phrase book in front of him to read out of,its pretty obvious where hes learnt the ropes too,I wish a had a fiver for every time him and Hilly say "with respect to"

Very true. I pay my money to watch the footballers, thats where i get my enjoyment. The managers sometimes seem to think they are the stars of the show but in reality they just mainly spout the same old recycled drivel.
Just what is wrong with some people? on 21:23 - Feb 20 with 1974 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Just what is wrong with some people? on 20:09 - Feb 20 by TalkingSutty

What do you expect from him TS? For me, he ticks the only box that is required of him, that is, he is an excellent manager of this club. I really am not bothered if he doesn't want to be my best mate or that he doesn't pander to me. Nor am I, for that matter, particularly arsed if he interviews well. I'm also not bothered if he is a particularly nice person or not.

I really couldn't give two fooks TS. I'm also getting a bit fookin tired of people referring to the collective 'fans'. I am a fan and I actually quite like the way Hill faces down sections of fans. By god some of them need it. Please don't speak on my behalf. I have never, for one minute, ever felt as though he's having a go at me. I must also admit, if I'm being honest, that I quite like the arrogance of him. He aims high and 'the talk' is all part of it. You may not like it but a lot of us, in fact, do.

I pay my entrance fee and under Hill, for the vast majority of time, get good value for that. I'm really not that precious and I'm certainly not a 'suffering' fan. Of course, on occasions, I wonder why he does or doesn't play someone here or there. However, it really is just nit-picking because he has proved that he knows his onions when it comes to managing this club. I also think a little humility/reality is required here as well. I know fook all about managing a football club - a bit like Youtubedale and DAlien. The response to this is going to be that we can't be critical, have an opinion or it's just like the Soviet Union ya-de-yah. Yes, of course you can be critical and have opinion, but please don't be so utterly deluded to think for one minute that you can out-perform Keith Hill in any element of managing this club.

Also, this is an opinion just like DAlien has given his. So, I repeat, those who criticise must also accept criticism of their criticism.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2014 21:27]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 21:33 - Feb 20 with 1944 viewsTalkingSutty

Just what is wrong with some people? on 21:23 - Feb 20 by BigDaveMyCock

What do you expect from him TS? For me, he ticks the only box that is required of him, that is, he is an excellent manager of this club. I really am not bothered if he doesn't want to be my best mate or that he doesn't pander to me. Nor am I, for that matter, particularly arsed if he interviews well. I'm also not bothered if he is a particularly nice person or not.

I really couldn't give two fooks TS. I'm also getting a bit fookin tired of people referring to the collective 'fans'. I am a fan and I actually quite like the way Hill faces down sections of fans. By god some of them need it. Please don't speak on my behalf. I have never, for one minute, ever felt as though he's having a go at me. I must also admit, if I'm being honest, that I quite like the arrogance of him. He aims high and 'the talk' is all part of it. You may not like it but a lot of us, in fact, do.

I pay my entrance fee and under Hill, for the vast majority of time, get good value for that. I'm really not that precious and I'm certainly not a 'suffering' fan. Of course, on occasions, I wonder why he does or doesn't play someone here or there. However, it really is just nit-picking because he has proved that he knows his onions when it comes to managing this club. I also think a little humility/reality is required here as well. I know fook all about managing a football club - a bit like Youtubedale and DAlien. The response to this is going to be that we can't be critical, have an opinion or it's just like the Soviet Union ya-de-yah. Yes, of course you can be critical and have opinion, but please don't be so utterly deluded to think for one minute that you can out-perform Keith Hill in any element of managing this club.

Also, this is an opinion just like DAlien has given his. So, I repeat, those who criticise must also accept criticism of their criticism.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2014 21:27]

Just what is wrong with some people? on 21:50 - Feb 20 with 1914 viewsYouTubeDale

Just what is wrong with some people? on 19:03 - Feb 20 by Mass_Debater

I too have followed Keith's every move, every word, since he came to the club and fully appreciate the way he prepares for each match. I talked to a lot of the players at the after season bash when Keith was here. They told me how they knew everything about their opposing player(s), every detail drummed into them under Keith's methods. Keith leaves no stone unturned it seems. He adopted the sports science approach and even monitors the game as it is taking place via statistical analysis with the aid of his backroom staff,etc etc. Yes, he is Dale's best ever manager. I always have his avatar when he is manager. I am a big (happy,happy,happy) fan and you can get behind me in the queue for his admiration.

BUT you still fail to grasp my main point that even Keith Hill will get it wrong sometimes and his meticulous approach will still leave something out. I have been doing my job for many years now but I don't pretend to know it all and I am still learning. I don't pretend to be anywhere near Keith as a football manager. BUT there are times when we see things as fans where we can add improvement to the team's performance, then we can voice that opinion and it is right to do so. Just because we mention one or two tiny aspects of the game, but important ones at that, doesn't mean that we are rubbishing the rest of the performance. Taking all the above into consideration , my Lord, I suggest that I am in no way disrespecting Keith Hill or his training.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2014 22:19]

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 21:57 - Feb 20 with 1897 viewsTalkingSutty

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 21:33 - Feb 20 by TalkingSutty

Well I assume you were one of the paltry 2000 fans who made the effort to go to Spotland on Tuesday ?

So, you make the effort, pay your brass and support the team the best you can. There are a few in the main stand who give the wrong type of support but they are miniscule in number (Hilly must have heard the same thing at Old Trafford and look how successful they have been over the years ) .

Anyway, moments after the final whistle the manager is interviewed and states the fans assisted Burton in their performance (The fans , not the few in the main stand) and we need educating, he has tried to do it but he might as well go on holiday !!

In reality its just one of numerous instances when he has started press conferences/ interviews by having a go at the supporters, a dwindling band that keeps handing over their money to support the club. If you are happy with that then crack on with it.

This thread is about peoples different opinions and mine obviously don't fall in line with yours, like I said I rate Hilly as a manager but I am under no illusions that we would ever enjoy sharing a beer together.

We are trying to attract people to the club and perhaps embrace some sort of "Team Rochdale" the managers comments just knock that on the head. I assume you think criticising Hilly in anyway is taboo in case he decides to do one ?
Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 22:30 - Feb 20 with 1841 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 21:57 - Feb 20 by TalkingSutty

Well I assume you were one of the paltry 2000 fans who made the effort to go to Spotland on Tuesday ?

So, you make the effort, pay your brass and support the team the best you can. There are a few in the main stand who give the wrong type of support but they are miniscule in number (Hilly must have heard the same thing at Old Trafford and look how successful they have been over the years ) .

Anyway, moments after the final whistle the manager is interviewed and states the fans assisted Burton in their performance (The fans , not the few in the main stand) and we need educating, he has tried to do it but he might as well go on holiday !!

In reality its just one of numerous instances when he has started press conferences/ interviews by having a go at the supporters, a dwindling band that keeps handing over their money to support the club. If you are happy with that then crack on with it.

This thread is about peoples different opinions and mine obviously don't fall in line with yours, like I said I rate Hilly as a manager but I am under no illusions that we would ever enjoy sharing a beer together.

We are trying to attract people to the club and perhaps embrace some sort of "Team Rochdale" the managers comments just knock that on the head. I assume you think criticising Hilly in anyway is taboo in case he decides to do one ?

No, I don't think criticising Hill is taboo. I also don't think anything Keith Hill says re supporters is really going to make them come or stop coming. The best thing Hill can do to try and ensure people come to Spotland is to deliver a good team - he has done this season after season.
Only just over twelve months ago we were told that Coleman was stopping people from coming (probably right). Now you're saying it's Hill!!
Seriously TS, are you honestly suggesting that Keith Hill is having a detrimental affect on attendances?
[Post edited 20 Feb 2014 22:35]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024