Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC Manchester 15:21 - May 3 with 6043 views1mark1

Just sent this email to Radio Manchester.

"
As a listener of your Saturday afternoon football coverage, when not attending live games I usually enjoy listening to your programme. However, today on Sat 3rd May, I don’t understand your choice of live game. You have decided to cover a a match that is really a “dead rubber”. Neither Morecombe or Bury can get into the play offs, gain promotion or get relegated. However Newport v Rochdale has a Rochdale team who could if they win be crowned as champions, for the first time in their history. They are the ONLY local team that can win a title today. Please can someone explain why the choice of live game has been made.

Best wishes "

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

BBC Manchester on 15:23 - May 3 with 4354 viewsSwissdale

It's ridiculous.

The only reason I can think of is so the old codgers don't have to make the long trip down to South Wales, and instead have a jolly in morecambe.
BBC Manchester on 15:26 - May 3 with 4314 views1mark1

BBC Manchester on 15:23 - May 3 by Swissdale

It's ridiculous.

The only reason I can think of is so the old codgers don't have to make the long trip down to South Wales, and instead have a jolly in morecambe.

They have the commentary team down there, so no excuses. They do usually have good coverage of us.

BBC Manchester on 16:09 - May 3 with 4176 viewsnordenblue

BBC Manchester on 15:23 - May 3 by Swissdale

It's ridiculous.

If Steve Errrr was still here admittedly we wouldnt have a chance of winning any league,but they'd have been all over us,matey and co!Tossers
BBC Manchester on 17:57 - May 3 with 4047 views1mark1

Have had a phone call from the Sports Editor. She wanted to have a commentary team down there but she was unable to get one down there. IF Dale were going to end up as champions then they would have stayed on air at Newport with the reporter down there for the last 4/5 mins and let the listeners here the celebrations. IF it had been a promotion decider today she would have made sure the game had had a commentator down there.
They will be covering the parade on Tuesday.

BBC Manchester on 19:44 - May 3 with 3888 viewsGambo

We are farrrrrr more important than yourselves , it's obvious . Only joking ;) Morecambe V Bury had that look of a testimonial about it and it lived upto the billing by all accounts .
GMR or whatever it's called nowadays isn't the best tool anyhow . i'd suggest player but even that is unreliable.
BBC Manchester on 01:08 - May 4 with 3572 viewsTVOS1907

BBC Manchester on 17:57 - May 3 by 1mark1

Have had a phone call from the Sports Editor. She wanted to have a commentary team down there but she was unable to get one down there. IF Dale were going to end up as champions then they would have stayed on air at Newport with the reporter down there for the last 4/5 mins and let the listeners here the celebrations. IF it had been a promotion decider today she would have made sure the game had had a commentator down there.

What a feeble excuse.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

BBC Manchester on 11:45 - May 4 with 3324 viewsDySporting

BBC Manchester on 17:57 - May 3 by 1mark1

She wanted to get a commentary team down there but she was unable to get one down there.

You had a reporter down there, so send someone with him and job done.

Couldn't be arsed to pay the expenses more like
BBC Manchester on 11:51 - May 4 with 3306 views442Dale

How could they have been unable to because we were second yet would have made sure if we'd been needing a win for promotion?

What would have been different in the logistics of the situation, more mateys available?
[Post edited 4 May 2014 13:21]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

BBC Manchester on 13:13 - May 4 with 3168 viewsTVOS1907

BBC Manchester on 11:51 - May 4 by 442Dale

How could they have been unable to because we were second yet would have made sure if we'd been needing a win for promotion?

What would have been different in the logistics of the situation, more mateys available?
[Post edited 4 May 2014 13:21]

Nothing could have been different; they simply cba.

No doubt Wagg and co will be getting all matey again if we're doing well next season.

BBC Manchester on 13:57 - May 4 with 3092 viewsPDIDDY

Forever in Burys shadow

Gissa job

BBC Manchester on 13:59 - May 4 with 3086 viewsPDIDDY

1117 away fans for a dead rubber, quality.

Gissa job

BBC Manchester on 14:17 - May 4 with 3051 viewsD_Alien

BBC Manchester on 13:59 - May 4 by PDIDDY

1117 away fans for a dead rubber, quality.

tbf over 1000 of them would've been staying there for a fortnights holiday

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

BBC Manchester on 15:09 - May 4 with 2964 viewsnordenblue

BBC Manchester on 13:57 - May 4 by PDIDDY

Forever in Burys shadow

Shadows generally cast behind something ie Rochdale in a higher division to bury in the basement division?Now even you can work out whos actually in the shadow,hows Grimes doing anyway?
BBC Manchester on 16:46 - May 4 with 2834 viewsChaffRAFC

To be honest, BBC Radio Manchester sport is poor in general, especially it's football coverage. The bias towards Manchester City and Bolton Wanderers is horrendous. Dale could be playing in the Champions League and they'd still have more coverage of Bolton v Bournemouth for example. Manchester United, one of the biggest clubs in the world, don't get a mention because God forbid they upset the never changing studio guests that consist of Shaun Goater, Steve Eyre and Simon Charlton and the intolerable amount of Citteh fans that ring in moaning.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

BBC Manchester on 17:16 - May 4 with 2788 viewsTomRAFC

BBC Manchester on 16:46 - May 4 by ChaffRAFC

To be honest, BBC Radio Manchester sport is poor in general, especially it's football coverage. The bias towards Manchester City and Bolton Wanderers is horrendous. Dale could be playing in the Champions League and they'd still have more coverage of Bolton v Bournemouth for example. Manchester United, one of the biggest clubs in the world, don't get a mention because God forbid they upset the never changing studio guests that consist of Shaun Goater, Steve Eyre and Simon Charlton and the intolerable amount of Citteh fans that ring in moaning.

Aye! Those poor united fans will just have to settle for the masses of national and international press attention eh chaffy?

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

BBC Manchester on 17:20 - May 4 with 2780 viewsChaffRAFC

BBC Manchester on 17:16 - May 4 by TomRAFC

Aye! Those poor united fans will just have to settle for the masses of national and international press attention eh chaffy?

True, but don't Citteh now get that too?

Completely biased sports coverage.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

BBC Manchester on 17:25 - May 4 with 2762 views442Dale

BBC Manchester on 17:16 - May 4 by TomRAFC

Much as United are justifiably up for criticism for their blanket coverage at a national level, Chaff's bang on when it comes to local radio. Personalities are more important than supporters it seems.

BBC Manchester on 17:46 - May 4 with 2725 viewsTalkingSutty

BBC Manchester on 17:25 - May 4 by 442Dale

Much as United are justifiably up for criticism for their blanket coverage at a national level, Chaff's bang on when it comes to local radio. Personalities are more important than supporters it seems.

Gonna stick up for Radio Manchester they are always very pro- Rochdale and Jimmy Wagg always gives the club a plug.

They are always going to give two of the biggest clubs in the world preferential treatment, we should expect that. If anything they show a bit of bias towards Bolton.

Regarding Steve Eyre and City etc, its time to move on . Eyre applied for a job and whether he embellished his credentials or not its up to Rochdale football club to do their homework when it comes to making an appointment

I always found Steve Eyre to be a very polite approachable man and it would be wrong to start putting him in the same bracket as Coleman.
BBC Manchester on 18:21 - May 4 with 2673 viewsKenBoon

BBC Manchester on 17:46 - May 4 by TalkingSutty

Gonna stick up for Radio Manchester they are always very pro- Rochdale and Jimmy Wagg always gives the club a plug.

They are always going to give two of the biggest clubs in the world preferential treatment, we should expect that. If anything they show a bit of bias towards Bolton.

Regarding Steve Eyre and City etc, its time to move on . Eyre applied for a job and whether he embellished his credentials or not its up to Rochdale football club to do their homework when it comes to making an appointment

I always found Steve Eyre to be a very polite approachable man and it would be wrong to start putting him in the same bracket as Coleman.

Well said, Matey.
BBC Manchester on 18:38 - May 4 with 2628 views442Dale

The coverage they give Dale at present is plentiful. That doesn't mean it can't be improved, as could te structure of their coverage which is stuck in the 90s.

Personal opinion should not come above interesting and informative reporting when it comes to working in the media.

BBC Manchester on 18:48 - May 4 with 2601 viewsTVOS1907

Thing is, Eyre allegedly didn't apply for the job.

BBC Manchester on 18:52 - May 4 with 2589 viewsRotherhamDale

BBC Manchester on 18:48 - May 4 by TVOS1907

Thing is, Eyre allegedly didn't apply for the job.

Then surely it's the boards fault for picking him?

Possession with progression.

BBC Manchester on 18:58 - May 4 with 2577 viewsfitzochris

BBC Manchester on 18:52 - May 4 by RotherhamDale

Then surely it's the boards fault for picking him?

Dunphy claims he was swayed by a very convincing journalist.

Doesn't happen often.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

BBC Manchester on 18:58 - May 4 with 2572 viewsTalkingSutty

BBC Manchester on 18:38 - May 4 by 442Dale

The coverage they give Dale at present is plentiful. That doesn't mean it can't be improved, as could te structure of their coverage which is stuck in the 90s.

Personal opinion should not come above interesting and informative reporting when it comes to working in the media.

Your last paragraph is a bit too deep for me, but its obvious they will concentrate on the bigger clubs because when it comes to fans phone- ins etc they need some interaction. Relying on ourselves and the other lower league clubs to respond just wouldn't work.

They have so many clubs to cover on a match day and if they didn"t give the Manchester clubs and Bolton the star billing they would potentially lose a lot of listeners. I think Rochdales coverage is ok and understand the bigger club bias, thats how the media and football work, theres a pecking order.
BBC Manchester on 19:08 - May 4 with 2555 viewsSalwaDale

They don't cover United so much because United chose to move elsewhere. You can't blame GMR for that.

TBBT

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024