Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC Manchester 15:21 - May 3 with 6044 views1mark1

Just sent this email to Radio Manchester.

"
As a listener of your Saturday afternoon football coverage, when not attending live games I usually enjoy listening to your programme. However, today on Sat 3rd May, I don’t understand your choice of live game. You have decided to cover a a match that is really a “dead rubber”. Neither Morecombe or Bury can get into the play offs, gain promotion or get relegated. However Newport v Rochdale has a Rochdale team who could if they win be crowned as champions, for the first time in their history. They are the ONLY local team that can win a title today. Please can someone explain why the choice of live game has been made.

Best wishes "

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

BBC Manchester on 19:15 - May 4 with 1742 views442Dale

BBC Manchester on 19:08 - May 4 by SalwaDale

They don't cover United so much because United chose to move elsewhere. You can't blame GMR for that.

What's the story there then? Honestly not heard about that.

They still have United live commentary and they get their own midweek magazine show.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

BBC Manchester on 19:28 - May 4 with 1715 viewsSalwaDale

BBC Manchester on 19:15 - May 4 by 442Dale

They still have United live commentary and they get their own midweek magazine show.

Don't really know. Going back a while some other station (maybe on am) became the only ones that could have live full match commentary of United. Don't know if that is still the case. At that point United fans switched away from the BBC and City/Bolton became the priority. I was pleased as I no longer had to listen to Paddy Crerand.

TBBT

BBC Manchester on 19:32 - May 4 with 1701 viewsTalkingSutty

BBC Manchester on 19:15 - May 4 by 442Dale

I don't think they do live Premiership commentary when it comes to Utd, if they are live on Sky then they cant do them but in general its unusual for the radio station to do live commentary from Old Trafford.

I think with the Premiership they are limited in their coverage and in general Bolton is normally the commentary game with the boring Allan Gowling not helping with the feel good factor.
BBC Manchester on 19:41 - May 4 with 1687 viewsTVOS1907

BBC Manchester on 18:52 - May 4 by RotherhamDale

Then surely it's the boards fault for picking him?

Quite possibly, but that's a different argument to what I was replying to.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

BBC Manchester on 19:41 - May 4 with 1686 viewsmr_fri_night

Utd charge an absolute fortune for Radio Manchester to carry full match commentary. They upped their prices a few years ago hence why the Utd live coverage stopped.

Im not defending BBC Manchester as I don't know but Newport as the home club may have wanted to charge for them to carry full match commentary from the game yesterday.
BBC Manchester on 19:44 - May 4 with 1678 viewsTVOS1907

BBC Manchester on 18:58 - May 4 by fitzochris

Dunphy claims he was swayed by a very convincing journalist.

Doesn't happen often.

Aye - one of the mateys.

BBC Manchester on 19:49 - May 4 with 1674 viewsTVOS1907

BBC Manchester on 18:58 - May 4 by TalkingSutty

Your last paragraph is a bit too deep for me, but its obvious they will concentrate on the bigger clubs because when it comes to fans phone- ins etc they need some interaction. Relying on ourselves and the other lower league clubs to respond just wouldn't work.

They have so many clubs to cover on a match day and if they didn"t give the Manchester clubs and Bolton the star billing they would potentially lose a lot of listeners. I think Rochdales coverage is ok and understand the bigger club bias, thats how the media and football work, theres a pecking order.

How often do the Manchester clubs play at the same time as each other, never mind the rest of us?

Of course there's a pecking order and I agree that Dale's coverage is generally OK, but the format of what they do really is from another era. Matey.

BBC Manchester on 19:54 - May 4 with 1663 viewsTalkingSutty

BBC Manchester on 19:41 - May 4 by mr_fri_night

Utd charge an absolute fortune for Radio Manchester to carry full match commentary. They upped their prices a few years ago hence why the Utd live coverage stopped.

Im not defending BBC Manchester as I don't know but Newport as the home club may have wanted to charge for them to carry full match commentary from the game yesterday.

BBC Wales carried the game though, it was live commentary. With Sky having the rights regarding the Premiership they dictate to the BBC what Premiership games they can cover on live radio. BBC5 live had to bid for a live Premiership radio package and it cost them a lot of money.

Radio coverage of football league games is nothing to do with Sky hence Radio Manchester pick mainly Bolton or Wigan for their commentary games.
Login to get fewer ads

BBC Manchester on 19:56 - May 4 with 1658 viewsTalkingSutty

BBC Manchester on 19:49 - May 4 by TVOS1907

How often do the Manchester clubs play at the same time as each other, never mind the rest of us?

Of course there's a pecking order and I agree that Dale's coverage is generally OK, but the format of what they do really is from another era. Matey.

Hey, its Mr Matey.
BBC Manchester on 19:59 - May 4 with 1648 viewsTVOS1907

BBC Manchester on 19:56 - May 4 by TalkingSutty

Hey, its Mr Matey.

Of course. My bad.

BBC Manchester on 20:02 - May 4 with 1640 views442Dale

BBC Manchester should make their quiz questions harder too.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

BBC Manchester on 22:54 - May 4 with 1541 viewsPDIDDY

BBC Manchester on 15:09 - May 4 by nordenblue

Shadows generally cast behind something ie Rochdale in a higher division to bury in the basement division?Now even you can work out whos actually in the shadow,hows Grimes doing anyway?

Hook line and sinker, filleted and plated

Gissa job

BBC Manchester on 23:04 - May 4 with 1535 viewsnordenblue

BBC Manchester on 22:54 - May 4 by PDIDDY

Hook line and sinker, filleted and plated

I thought you'd use the "its banter" when anybody tries a reasoned reply to you,anyway did you enjoy your trip to south Wales this weekend?
BBC Manchester on 23:42 - May 4 with 1489 viewsPDIDDY

BBC Manchester on 23:04 - May 4 by nordenblue

I thought you'd use the "its banter" when anybody tries a reasoned reply to you,anyway did you enjoy your trip to south Wales this weekend?

Hest bank actually, great time, canal boat and a 0-0 bore draw, paddy Kenny, nicky Adams, Ryan Lowe on the radar so alls good nobden blue

Gissa job

BBC Manchester on 09:48 - May 5 with 1367 viewsnordenblue

BBC Manchester on 23:42 - May 4 by PDIDDY

Hest bank actually, great time, canal boat and a 0-0 bore draw, paddy Kenny, nicky Adams, Ryan Lowe on the radar so alls good nobden blue

The same Nicky Adams that was constantly abused you mean,im sure hed love to play there again!Why not resign TK too for the revolution that propelled you to the lofty heights of league 1,oh hang on a minute I might be getting mixed up!!
You may even have a mouth watering trip to Gateshead to look forward to.
BBC Manchester on 09:57 - May 5 with 1281 viewsColDale

BBC Manchester on 09:48 - May 5 by nordenblue

The same Nicky Adams that was constantly abused you mean,im sure hed love to play there again!Why not resign TK too for the revolution that propelled you to the lofty heights of league 1,oh hang on a minute I might be getting mixed up!!

I'm sure they even blamed Nicky Adams for the threats that was made against him
BBC Manchester on 11:49 - May 5 with 1189 viewsPDIDDY

BBC Manchester on 09:48 - May 5 by nordenblue

Gateshead? I'm a Daley

Gissa job

BBC Manchester on 12:26 - May 5 with 1149 viewsnordenblue

BBC Manchester on 11:49 - May 5 by PDIDDY

Gateshead? I'm a Daley

So why are you waffling on about Paddy Kenny and Ryan Lowe are they coming to Dale next year?
BBC Manchester on 12:43 - May 5 with 1124 viewsdingdangblue

Exiting times ahead with those 3 new up and coming talents.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

BBC Manchester on 12:50 - May 5 with 1119 viewsPDIDDY

BBC Manchester on 12:26 - May 5 by nordenblue

So why are you waffling on about Paddy Kenny and Ryan Lowe are they coming to Dale next year?

Waffling?

Gissa job

BBC Manchester on 12:51 - May 5 with 1118 viewsD_Alien

See, I was right about you lot going up there on holiday

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

BBC Manchester on 17:45 - May 5 with 1018 viewsParkinsGimp

I never listen to the toads anyway, absolute crap. Wagg and co plus the w2nkfest over eyre and his useless dad is a joke.
Same for the observer , complete rag of a paper.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024