Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
…and they call US The Bitters 23:06 - May 12 with 7707 viewsMrSheen

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=s61l5m0qgu3u7cqdim337g0
…and they call US The Bitters on 11:28 - May 13 with 1705 viewsJuzzie

…and they call US The Bitters on 10:51 - May 13 by hoof_hearted

It was a few hundred idiots, not "QPR". Stop lowering yourself to their level of keyboard macho posturing. "It's not fair, one of his friends took my lunch money"

This is exactly the thing. It was just a few hundred yet according to Fulham fans, EVERY single one of us is a 'bitter'. It's so juvenile and stupid it beggers disbelief.
…and they call US The Bitters on 11:49 - May 13 with 1656 viewsJonDoeman

Bet the Brentford thread is much more entertaining!!

It Is What It Is !!

…and they call US The Bitters on 11:53 - May 13 with 1647 viewsPommyhoop

…and they call US The Bitters on 10:36 - May 13 by Pommyhoop

Fair play to the poster'TonyGilroy'
>>>I was in a Box with QPR supporters - had a great time and am pleased for them.<<<<

I recon thats Konks Fulham Forum name
[Post edited 13 May 2014 10:38]

And a little charmer called 'Fulham 76' followed up 'Tony Gilroy's post with
>>> A box? Is that another name for that crappy little place they call home? <<<<

Love it ,just LOVE it...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

…and they call US The Bitters on 11:56 - May 13 with 1647 viewsRangersw12

…and they call US The Bitters on 11:49 - May 13 by JonDoeman

Bet the Brentford thread is much more entertaining!!

Extract from the Brentford thread .

"I think beating Q.P.R would be awesome."

"That's never been a problem over the years. Hope they stay down so we're guaranteed 6 points off those little losers. Although they didn't sell their allocation at the cottage the last 2 seasons, (pretty embarrassing), and didn't the atmosphere. Can't see Brentford not selling out."

Some absolute whoppers on that board , I think its the Fulham equivalent of WATRB
[Post edited 13 May 2014 12:05]
…and they call US The Bitters on 12:06 - May 13 with 1634 viewsMrSheen

…and they call US The Bitters on 10:44 - May 13 by Konk

I'm off in a mo, but before I leave work for the day...I would imagine that half the angry people on the internet/twitter etc weren’t even born or were about two in 1983. In contrast, QPR acting up and trying to bully Fulham around Hammersmith and Fulham and in the ground in 1999 was a lot more recent and I’d guess that more of our social-media using fans were there that day.

Sadly, I can remember things that happened in 1983 much better than what I did yesterday.
…and they call US The Bitters on 12:42 - May 13 with 1583 viewsJohnMcCo

I fully expect Fulham fans to dislike us, similar sized clubs within 2 miles of each other, it is almost inevitable. What is most telling though is how idiotic a lot of their support has become. I recall when we were both in Division 2 and I'd regularly read their forums and be a bit embarrassed at the quality and fair mindedness of their average supporter compared to ours. That tone of that thread would not have nearly existed 15 years ago.
…and they call US The Bitters on 12:50 - May 13 with 1571 viewstoboboly

…and they call US The Bitters on 11:56 - May 13 by Rangersw12

"That's never been a problem over the years. Hope they stay down so we're guaranteed 6 points off those little losers. Although they didn't sell their allocation at the cottage the last 2 seasons, (pretty embarrassing), and didn't the atmosphere. Can't see Brentford not selling out."

Some absolute whoppers on that board , I think its the Fulham equivalent of WATRB

God bless 'em. I was at both those games and the 6-0 loss we not only outsung them for 90minutes but I had to get a neutral ticket as our allocation was sold out.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

…and they call US The Bitters on 14:02 - May 13 with 1513 viewsFFC1

…and they call US The Bitters on 10:33 - May 13 by Rangersw12

Its more an inferiority complex than bitterness from Fulham fans to be fair

Firstly, congratulations on getting to Wembley. I was pleased for Fernandes and the QPR fans I know, none of whom I'd call 'bitter.'

But an inferiority complex when it comes to QPR? I don't think you'd find a single Fulham fan who has one of those, and I'm sure that's true the other way round.

The difference is that we can see the fact despite our relative success over the last few years, Fulham and QPR are similar sized clubs. We had a massive slump in the late 80's and 90's, but were much bigger than you right up to the late 60's. The fact is, it's about even and that's a case of respect and seeing the truth rather than an 'inferiority complex' or an ego trip.
Login to get fewer ads

…and they call US The Bitters on 14:09 - May 13 with 1502 viewsTheBlob

…and they call US The Bitters on 14:02 - May 13 by FFC1

Firstly, congratulations on getting to Wembley. I was pleased for Fernandes and the QPR fans I know, none of whom I'd call 'bitter.'

But an inferiority complex when it comes to QPR? I don't think you'd find a single Fulham fan who has one of those, and I'm sure that's true the other way round.

The difference is that we can see the fact despite our relative success over the last few years, Fulham and QPR are similar sized clubs. We had a massive slump in the late 80's and 90's, but were much bigger than you right up to the late 60's. The fact is, it's about even and that's a case of respect and seeing the truth rather than an 'inferiority complex' or an ego trip.

People with a severe inferiority complex often argue they are superior.It bolsters a very shivering little ego.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

…and they call US The Bitters on 14:22 - May 13 with 1473 viewsNov77

"We had a massive slump in the late 80's and 90's".

So massive it included the 70s too!

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

…and they call US The Bitters on 14:23 - May 13 with 1452 viewsDiscodroid

…and they call US The Bitters on 11:56 - May 13 by Rangersw12

only cnts use the word 'awesome'.
[Post edited 13 May 2014 14:24]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

…and they call US The Bitters on 14:25 - May 13 with 1458 viewsTheBlob

January 1996 they were second from bottom in the fourth tier.Top class act.Don't remember R's ever being down there.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

…and they call US The Bitters on 14:31 - May 13 with 1445 viewsGetMeRangers

…and they call US The Bitters on 14:25 - May 13 by TheBlob

January 1996 they were second from bottom in the fourth tier.Top class act.Don't remember R's ever being down there.

"People with a severe inferiority complex often argue they are superior.It bolsters a very shivering little ego. "

Do you not see what you have just done there?
…and they call US The Bitters on 14:34 - May 13 with 1441 viewsFFC1

…and they call US The Bitters on 14:25 - May 13 by TheBlob

Remember it well- and that's the irony when we're branded 'tourists'/ a joke/ not authentic fans or whatever else. My point was that taking entire histories into account, including the present day, the clubs are a similar size despite any arrogant claims from either side
…and they call US The Bitters on 14:40 - May 13 with 1418 viewsPommyhoop

Derby Forum.
http://dcfcfans.co.uk/topic/14701-watching-tonight/page-8

>>>Everyone is on our side.

QPR sum up exactly what is wrong with English football. They are a virus, and if there was any justice, we'll hammer them and they'll go on to do a Pompey.<<<

A good few posts praising Ned and saying they are worried about Charles. Wer'nt as Northern Monkeyish as I thought theyed be like say Stoke but I Didnt read all of it..
Was a funny one about us being posh and stuck up ..lol

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

…and they call US The Bitters on 14:52 - May 13 with 1300 viewsRangersw12

…and they call US The Bitters on 14:40 - May 13 by Pommyhoop

Derby Forum.

QPR sum up exactly what is wrong with English football. They are a virus, and if there was any justice, we'll hammer them and they'll go on to do a Pompey.<<<

A good few posts praising Ned and saying they are worried about Charles. Wer'nt as Northern Monkeyish as I thought theyed be like say Stoke but I Didnt read all of it..

Arrogant northern divs

Not really worth us bothering to turn up might as well hand the trophy to them now...
[Post edited 13 May 2014 15:27]
…and they call US The Bitters on 14:53 - May 13 with 1291 viewsSpiritofGregory

I do think that it's the Fulham fans who are bitter now in particular the Tarquin types who are likely to abandon the club once they find themselves in mid table championship mediocrity. I guess the purpose of supporting the club was because a benefactor had walked in with the promise of the Premiership and turning the club into 'the Manchester Utd of the South'. It must be a bitter pill to swallow being relegated and then witnessing the so called Pikey's from the poorer part of the Borough going to a Wembley final with the prize of Premier League football within their grasp. Must also be galling to see us planning state of the art training facilities and a move from the ‘Meccano stadium’ next to the White City Estate to a state of the art stadium within the Borough. Our board are ambitious, love QPR and are mega rich!!

I was there on that day in 99 and your fans continuously sang 'we'll never play you again'. Your fans may turn out to be right but not in the way they had envisaged.
…and they call US The Bitters on 15:23 - May 13 with 1253 viewsHunterhoop

I'm sure there was a stat somewere saying "post WW2" QPR and Fulham were something like 10th and 11th in the 2nd tier of English football if you created one league for the whole of English football from then to now.

That sounds about right, Watford were around us too. We're all very similar clubs and we all know there's a lot of decent, long standing Fulham fans.

The issue is that your attendances did drop away when you were in the doldrums in the early-mid 90s....and then post 2000 suddenly trebled. It's these post-2000 "Fulham are a top 10 Prem side" bunch, who annoy us. They think football started in 2000, have no idea about English league football, the Championship, etc and believe Fulham have a god given right to be in the Prem. They probably don't know Micky Adams ever managed you or you were in the fourth tier in the mid 90s.

I know this; I've unfortunately had to flat share with two! They're utterly deluded. I casually mentioned to one after Fulham's poor start to the season that they could go down, footbally being cyclical and Fulham really being a 2nd tier club if you look at their history and size. The response was less than friendly - said I had no idea what i was talking about and Fulham were a top 10 Prem side...

Clearly Konk and other long standing Fulham fans aren't like this. But unfortunately these post 2000 bunch are now the majority... I'm looking forward to seeing how they enjoy the Championship!
…and they call US The Bitters on 15:31 - May 13 with 1228 viewsJuzzie

Thanks for the congrats.

How do you explain blatant lies though?

I was at both games and DID sell out (like toboly I had to get in the neutral section for the first game, along with hundreds/maybe a thousand or so other QPR) and we make a LOT of noise in both games. Even at 6-0 down in the first. A german guy and his son sat next to me and he's a big football fan (supports Berlin Union) and they go to see a lot of games in the UK and he said he'd NEVER seen support like that for a team getting spanked, in a local derby too.

The people who make up stuff like this is because they have to lie because they can't handle the truth.
…and they call US The Bitters on 15:33 - May 13 with 1218 viewsJuzzie

…and they call US The Bitters on 14:40 - May 13 by Pommyhoop

Derby Forum.

"QPR sum up exactly what is wrong with English football".

Add in the entire PL and a lot of FL clubs too. Why just QPR?

Crawley Town rose through the divisions from a rich benefactor and I think there are other League 1 & League 2 clubs too that have had success lately because someone is pumping in money.
…and they call US The Bitters on 15:49 - May 13 with 1195 viewstoboboly

…and they call US The Bitters on 15:33 - May 13 by Juzzie

Crawley Town rose through the divisions from a rich benefactor and I think there are other League 1 & League 2 clubs too that have had success lately because someone is pumping in money.

Fulham for example!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

…and they call US The Bitters on 18:05 - May 13 with 1132 viewsFFC1

…and they call US The Bitters on 15:31 - May 13 by Juzzie

Thanks for the congrats.

How do you explain blatant lies though?

I was at both games and DID sell out (like toboly I had to get in the neutral section for the first game, along with hundreds/maybe a thousand or so other QPR) and we make a LOT of noise in both games. Even at 6-0 down in the first. A german guy and his son sat next to me and he's a big football fan (supports Berlin Union) and they go to see a lot of games in the UK and he said he'd NEVER seen support like that for a team getting spanked, in a local derby too.

The people who make up stuff like this is because they have to lie because they can't handle the truth.

Like you, I've been at every QPR v Fulham game for as long as I can remember. As for the 6-0, the acoustics in the ground are terrible and believe it or not we were making a lot of noise too. Your support was quality, clearly lots of singing and jumping about despite the scoreline. The best support I've seen at Fulham (apart from Celtic who took half the ground) was in the late 90's when you completely packed out our newly expanded terrace. I think a Peschisolido goal was the difference. Our away support can be brilliant- I'm thinking of Stoke and Villa this season and it wasn't so bad at yours a couple of years ago- and it can be shite.
…and they call US The Bitters on 20:46 - May 13 with 1075 viewsconnell10

…and they call US The Bitters on 15:33 - May 13 by Juzzie

i think your find the 4 year plan film done for us! it aired all our problems to a much wider auidence!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

…and they call US The Bitters on 21:00 - May 13 with 1069 viewsToast_R

I think this is all a load of bollocks to be honest.

QPR and Fulham over the years, both sets of fans have suffered and both sets of fans have had to fight to keep their respective clubs alive. The success either one has achieved (very little trophy wise) I wouldn't begrudge either. No f*cking way, why would you?

The similarities are so parallel it's kind of uncanny. Fulham spent 13 years in the Premier League before the curtain fell, the same amount of time QPR had in the top flight until 1996.

Both clubs have reached Cup finals and had their hearts broken.

Both clubs have had some truly magnificent players down the years and both have endured some complete waste of spacers.

You'll get the odd numpty in both support bases giving in the billy big bollocks when the going good but the true fans are the ones who'll be there when the glamour and glitz have turned to despair and good times have made way for the hard times.
…and they call US The Bitters on 21:43 - May 13 with 1035 viewsN12Hoop

I'll never be overly bitter to the club who gave us Paul Parker, one of my all time faves. Those were the days when we could take players who were on their way up rather than on their way down (ie AJ, Hughes, etc).
Personally I'm indifferent to Fulham. Will be interesting to see how the fanbase holds up if they don't get instant promotion, because it is the 2nd season when you start accepting your fate as just another Championship club that the interest can start waning amongst those who aren't used to supporting you in the lower divisions. Whilst many will remember those days, there'll be many who won't. (A bit like the Scum up the road)

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024