Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence 23:57 - May 24 with 3722 viewsSimonStainrod

Aware that some don't like him but surely he is massive in galvanising team spirit, competitive, combatative and plays with pride - reckon it has rubbed off on fair few in our squad and really showed in keeping us going right to the end of the season.

Fair play (haha) to Neill today also, maybe not in the purest spirit of the game but set off and got him before the box!

F#####g fab day and still buzzing from the moment that ball dropped in front of Bobby
[Post edited 24 May 2014 23:58]
Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence on 10:55 - May 25 with 3556 viewsLoft1979

Joey deserves his own thread here. Nobody would have him 3 years ago, but Warnock made him captain. He was volatile yes but his spirit was in the midst of that effort in staying up. His absence was just as loud when QPR exiled him and replaced him with 3 players ..Granero, Mbia and Park.
Redemption? He was the nucleus to the midfield and his play yesterday was typically combative, motivating and galvanizing.

He might not be the nucleus next year, but he is a leader on this team.
Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence on 11:09 - May 25 with 3504 viewsQPunkR

Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence on 10:55 - May 25 by Loft1979

Joey deserves his own thread here. Nobody would have him 3 years ago, but Warnock made him captain. He was volatile yes but his spirit was in the midst of that effort in staying up. His absence was just as loud when QPR exiled him and replaced him with 3 players ..Granero, Mbia and Park.
Redemption? He was the nucleus to the midfield and his play yesterday was typically combative, motivating and galvanizing.

He might not be the nucleus next year, but he is a leader on this team.

Two words for you my friend; bull. shit.
"his spirit was in the midst of that effort in staying up". Are you joking?? Care to remember the Liverpool game? The Man Citeh game?? You and he can't rewrite history.

Don't care today, mind - the Rs are going up!!

QPR - "shit but local"

Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence on 11:16 - May 25 with 3480 viewsstansleftfoot

Real players make their mark at crucial times, Joey wins the tackle in central mid to get the ball back after twenty five minutes of Derby clattering us. Right place, right time, he doesn't overdo it, he doesn't give the foul!
The ball gets moved on to Zamora who retains possession and loses it to win the throw, Hoillet forces three errors from DCFC and they get Zamoraaaa'd.
We've done this all year, forcing the issue, only playing well for a minute or two but Joey's belief, his tackle set off a sequence of events, none of it particularly great stylish play, but all of it as a result of sheer will, belief and team effort.
This all starts on the training pitch, in the bar, in the changing room, on the team coach, the whole squad and management have played a part, 'cos Joey's the gobby one he'll have been the noisiest....but what a tackle, and a world class finish...We deserve this, don't let anybody persuade you we don't! Pride of London!
Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence on 11:39 - May 25 with 3435 viewsstansleftfoot

Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence on 11:09 - May 25 by QPunkR

Two words for you my friend; bull. shit.
"his spirit was in the midst of that effort in staying up". Are you joking?? Care to remember the Liverpool game? The Man Citeh game?? You and he can't rewrite history.

Don't care today, mind - the Rs are going up!!

You can't re-write history, but you can learn from your mistakes and take those lessons into the future....it's what we expect of children, even Joey Barton should get that chance! Move on and enjoy his rehabilitation because he's with us next year....I think!
Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence on 13:42 - May 25 with 3308 viewsRunner14

As far as I am concerned the anti-Barton brigade can f. right off . For many ( most ?) match going fans he has been a massive positive influence this season.
Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence on 20:49 - May 25 with 3192 viewsbarbicanranger

Was going to start a thread on Barton but scrolled down and found this. So going to contribute here.

Guess, I wanted to say, - he's had a pretty squeaky clean season don't you think? - he's kept his mouth shut, been disciplined and has in some way repaid us for the horror show in the premiership. Funny how by signing a long lucrative contract he has ended up being stuck with us, and after initially not being remotely interested in Qpr he seems to have become somewhat softer and more fond of the club. Thought it was interesting to see how he celebrated yesterday - big hugs with Tony, had Tony on his shoulders at one point. This has me thinking that he has come of age, I hope so.
Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence on 21:22 - May 25 with 3130 viewsessextaxiboy

Especially as most teams tactics have been
1. Boot Barton till he snaps and gets a red.
2 . Play against the other 10.
Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence on 22:21 - May 25 with 3041 viewsCiderwithRsie

Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence on 20:49 - May 25 by barbicanranger

Was going to start a thread on Barton but scrolled down and found this. So going to contribute here.

Guess, I wanted to say, - he's had a pretty squeaky clean season don't you think? - he's kept his mouth shut, been disciplined and has in some way repaid us for the horror show in the premiership. Funny how by signing a long lucrative contract he has ended up being stuck with us, and after initially not being remotely interested in Qpr he seems to have become somewhat softer and more fond of the club. Thought it was interesting to see how he celebrated yesterday - big hugs with Tony, had Tony on his shoulders at one point. This has me thinking that he has come of age, I hope so.

+1 I have to say. Been reserving judgement but seen over the whole season I don't think we could have asked for much more. Was also dignified and respectful to Derby after the final whistle.

Other players such as Austin and Hill have arguably been more impressive, but Barton's off the naughty step as far as I'm concerned.
Login to get fewer ads

Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence on 22:27 - May 25 with 3015 viewsBluce_Ree

Odd time for this thread given that he was absolutely rubbish yesterday. I'll say this though, his attitude has been much improved recently. I like him a lot more than I used to. But yeah maybe the worst player on the pitch yesterday.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence on 00:05 - May 26 with 2932 viewsHollowayRanger

After we had scored

derby had one last go and someone tried an overhead kick about ten yards out

guess who put his head in where it hurts to stop the derby player!

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/493576333-joey-barton-of-queens-park-rangers-an
[Post edited 26 May 2014 0:07]

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence on 06:55 - May 26 with 2828 viewsBedford_R

Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence on 00:05 - May 26 by HollowayRanger

After we had scored

derby had one last go and someone tried an overhead kick about ten yards out

guess who put his head in where it hurts to stop the derby player!

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/493576333-joey-barton-of-queens-park-rangers-an
[Post edited 26 May 2014 0:07]

Agree. That intervention was add important as the Green saves and Dunne headers.

RMH_R Reborn

Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence on 08:26 - May 26 with 2732 viewsDANRANGER

I don't believe he deserves any more credit than anyone else this season but due to his controversial nature he will always be spoken about. He does appear to have committed to our cause which is the least you should expect from a player but having done so he does have the characteristics to lead men and we have benefitted from this. It's taken time but I feel he's part of the club/team now and he can be forgiven for previous comments/behaviour.

He can set the tone for next season and in particular when new signings arrive and what is expected from them as he is clearly an influential member of the squad.
Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence on 08:42 - May 26 with 2696 viewsPunteR

I think he's been managed well by the club. Going to France has done him a world of good it seems, and getting him back playing for us was a good decision. I personally didn't have a problem with him coming back. After watching a jelly fish of a team where we got beat every week and relegated,it was good to see a bit of backbone this season.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence on 09:46 - May 26 with 2633 viewsBluce_Ree

Wait... Do people actually think he played well? He was truly awful. I reckon he's still worth a place in the squad next year and his attitude has improved but anyone who thinks he wasn't awful on Saturday is delusional. I'm not slagging him off as a QPR player at all but objectively commenting on that game.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence on 10:18 - May 26 with 2612 viewsWatford_Ranger

I'd love to know the team stats with him and without him in the side. When the midfield is Henry & Carroll, for example, we lose a lot of ability and heaps of character and leadership.

I totally understand people disliking him and he's probably a bit of a cnt still, but he's been a fantastic player for us this season. Given Faurlin's injury, I don't think rotating O'Neil, Hnery and Carroll would have been anywhere near good enough for even the top six.
Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence on 18:30 - May 26 with 2530 viewsLoft1979

Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence on 10:18 - May 26 by Watford_Ranger

I'd love to know the team stats with him and without him in the side. When the midfield is Henry & Carroll, for example, we lose a lot of ability and heaps of character and leadership.

I totally understand people disliking him and he's probably a bit of a cnt still, but he's been a fantastic player for us this season. Given Faurlin's injury, I don't think rotating O'Neil, Hnery and Carroll would have been anywhere near good enough for even the top six.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2639137/Joey-Barton-inspiring-
Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence on 18:35 - May 26 with 2521 viewsGetMeRangers

Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence on 18:30 - May 26 by Loft1979

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2639137/Joey-Barton-inspiring-

I never thought I’d say that, but he is absolutely management material. He’s doing his coaching badges but he comes in and we’re sitting there at 5.30pm looking at ProZone and he’s analysing everything.

Is this a subtle hint that the club/HR might be lining JB up to succeed him?
Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence on 19:32 - May 26 with 2464 viewsQPunkR

Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence on 13:42 - May 25 by Runner14

As far as I am concerned the anti-Barton brigade can f. right off . For many ( most ?) match going fans he has been a massive positive influence this season.

Yep, and those pro-Jesus Barton fans are also entitled to their opinion. Apart from you, you can 'fúck right off' if that's your attitude.

QPR - "shit but local"

Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence on 20:12 - May 26 with 2417 viewsingeminate

Joey Barton - Dressing Room Influence on 19:32 - May 26 by QPunkR

Yep, and those pro-Jesus Barton fans are also entitled to their opinion. Apart from you, you can 'fúck right off' if that's your attitude.

Clean slate next season, he owed us this year and he's delivered.

Next year ill get behind him in a way I've been reluctant to do this season if I'm honest.

Were going to need team spirit next year and maybe he's the man to drive it.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024