Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thanks to Tony, Beard and Everyone At QPR 03:48 - Jul 7 with 3178 viewsDylanP

With the benefit of a few weeks to reflect, it is really clear that so many small things were done the right way in the lead-up to the Play-Off Final at Wembley. Who made all the right decisions, I have no idea, so I just offer my thanks to everyone at QPR, because it was all the little things that were done right, that added up to the one big thing that went the right way in the end.

Thanks to whoever decided that QPR would dip into its pocket to buy 30,000 QPR flags and lay them out on the seats the day before the game. Was it the breathtaking sight of all those flags, that rallied the players' spirits as their legs started to grow tired? Could be.

Thanks to whoever it was that encouraged QPR fans to walk to Wembley. Was it the sense of togetherness that the walk brought out what led to the fans being so amazing for all 90 minutes? Maybe.

Thanks to whoever decided to pack extra blue and white kits so that, if we won, they would walk up the stairs wearing the sacred blue and white hoops that define the team. Did that detail really matter?

Thanks to whoever it was that pushed Ale Faurlin not he pitch to take a picture with the cup. Thanks to whoever it was that handed him a QPR top to wear over his suit.

What gave Hoillet the energy to battle for the ball one more time in the 89th minute even after he had fallen to the ground? What gave Zamora the legs to turn up in the box just as the ball bounced off the Derby captain? Did all those little things really make amy difference? Well, they did to me, so thanks!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Thanks to Tony, Beard and Everyone At QPR on 04:07 - Jul 7 with 3166 viewsHongKongR

I came all the way from Hong Kong for the weekend.

Many said it was a crazy thing to do - cost a load, spent two nights on a plane and one night in a bed - but it was a memory that I will never forget. I had a feeling that this was going to be worth it. After all, it was my first time to see Rangers win at Wembley (after all the disappointments of the 80's). This was a once in a lifetime day and I'm so glad my wife said "yes, go for it!".

Being there, seeing my cousin again after quite a few years, enjoying the mood all day long and going mental when Bobby scored, partying away with Rangers fans and waving the flag was worth the 26 hours spent on a plane.

Well done to Harry and the players for staying strong despite us being played off the park with only ten men, and thanks Bobby for that goal! An amazing experience. I agree: thanks Tony, Beard and everyone at QPR!
Thanks to Tony, Beard and Everyone At QPR on 04:14 - Jul 7 with 3160 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sorry to pour water all over this post.

While you're probably right that everything was planned to the tiniest detail by Beard etc, I would cynically suggest everything was done to further the commercial image of the club. Don't forget the most promenant part of the blue and white shirt is the Air Asia logo.

Also, if each flag cost 20p it only adds up to £6,000 which i'm sure the directors have in their car ashtray.

The fans did their bit don't get me wrong, but QPR didn't play well on the day and in another lifetime we could have been out of it at halftime or lost on penalties. No flag waving or Wembley walks caused Keogh to miskick his clearance.

The Faurlin thing was a nice touch, but for every Faurlin there is a Green / Holloway / Sheila Marsden type victim which has been treated terribly by various people in the club, past and present.

Saying that, OHHHHHHHH BOBBY ZAMORA!!!!!!!!
Thanks to Tony, Beard and Everyone At QPR on 04:28 - Jul 7 with 3149 viewsFredManRave

Thanks to Tony, Beard and Everyone At QPR on 04:14 - Jul 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

While you're probably right that everything was planned to the tiniest detail by Beard etc, I would cynically suggest everything was done to further the commercial image of the club. Don't forget the most promenant part of the blue and white shirt is the Air Asia logo.

Also, if each flag cost 20p it only adds up to £6,000 which i'm sure the directors have in their car ashtray.

The fans did their bit don't get me wrong, but QPR didn't play well on the day and in another lifetime we could have been out of it at halftime or lost on penalties. No flag waving or Wembley walks caused Keogh to miskick his clearance.

The Faurlin thing was a nice touch, but for every Faurlin there is a Green / Holloway / Sheila Marsden type victim which has been treated terribly by various people in the club, past and present.

That's one MF of a Monday morning come down Bazza.

All things said and done and the only thing that really needs to be focused on;

http://deadspin.com/bbc-announcer-goes-bonkers-as-qpr-scores-90th-minute-wi-1581

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Thanks to Tony, Beard and Everyone At QPR on 04:31 - Jul 7 with 3144 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Thanks to Tony, Beard and Everyone At QPR on 04:28 - Jul 7 by FredManRave

That's one MF of a Monday morning come down Bazza.

All things said and done and the only thing that really needs to be focused on;

http://deadspin.com/bbc-announcer-goes-bonkers-as-qpr-scores-90th-minute-wi-1581

Give me a shout if you need someone to tell the kids the tooth fairy isn't real.
Thanks to Tony, Beard and Everyone At QPR on 04:35 - Jul 7 with 3140 viewsKiwi76

Bah Humbug Bazza!
Jealous of that trip HKR - we're over as a family later in the year and just couldn't justify (afford?) it - next best thing was watching with mates down here at 4AM!
Crowd was magnificent in noise and visually with those flags - TV coverage with 10 to go had Derby fans on edge of nervous breakdown and QPR fans bouncing up and down.
No one could doubt the emotion TF was showing at the end - it was more than just $$$ but I'm sure the relief kicked in later in the evening!
No denying we've been a shambles plenty of times in 40yrs I've been following but you keep hoping the future holds something a little better - not top6 in 3yrs - just better than last bloody time!
Thanks to Tony, Beard and Everyone At QPR on 04:44 - Jul 7 with 3135 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Thanks to Tony, Beard and Everyone At QPR on 04:35 - Jul 7 by Kiwi76

Bah Humbug Bazza!
Jealous of that trip HKR - we're over as a family later in the year and just couldn't justify (afford?) it - next best thing was watching with mates down here at 4AM!
Crowd was magnificent in noise and visually with those flags - TV coverage with 10 to go had Derby fans on edge of nervous breakdown and QPR fans bouncing up and down.
No one could doubt the emotion TF was showing at the end - it was more than just $$$ but I'm sure the relief kicked in later in the evening!
No denying we've been a shambles plenty of times in 40yrs I've been following but you keep hoping the future holds something a little better - not top6 in 3yrs - just better than last bloody time!

I'd settle for less than that.

A squad of players that grafts for the club and to be treated like a fan not a client in any division / standard of football.

But as you say, keep hoping!
Thanks to Tony, Beard and Everyone At QPR on 04:52 - Jul 7 with 3126 viewsDylanP

Of course it was done to make the club look good or whatever. And it worked. Please note that last time we went to Wembley nobody spent the money on flags and we lost, so in this highly scientific survey 100% of the times that the club springs for the flags, we win at Wembley. It doesn't matter WHY the club did it, it only matters THAT the club did it Do I think that without the flags we would have lost? I don't know. All I know, were that the flags were a brilliant idea and that we won. Hence, the thank you.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Thanks to Tony, Beard and Everyone At QPR on 04:57 - Jul 7 with 3122 viewsFredManRave

Thanks to Tony, Beard and Everyone At QPR on 04:31 - Jul 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Give me a shout if you need someone to tell the kids the tooth fairy isn't real.

Yeah, right, so that money just magically appears under the pillow then.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

Thanks to Tony, Beard and Everyone At QPR on 09:29 - Jul 7 with 2865 viewsBlackCrowe

That's rubbish. Even if it was only 6 grand on flags, do you think Wembley let them do it for free - they would've charged thousands (I would guess well over 20k) to allow a seat drop onto half the stadium. And then the army of volunteers or paid for people to actually attach 30,000 flags to 30,000 seats would've cost a pretty penny in travel, sustinence etc.

And so what if it's good brand promotion as well - they've poured millions into the club and you still expect it to be a loss-making charity to indulge whatever anti-capitalist views you may hold.

I thought it was a great touch and played a significant part in making the day that much more special.

sweet jesus.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Thanks to Tony, Beard and Everyone At QPR on 09:35 - Jul 7 with 2845 viewsWokingR

Please don't come to my firework display this year unless you have fully emptied your bladder first
Thanks to Tony, Beard and Everyone At QPR on 10:19 - Jul 7 with 2748 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Thanks to Tony, Beard and Everyone At QPR on 04:07 - Jul 7 by HongKongR

I came all the way from Hong Kong for the weekend.

Many said it was a crazy thing to do - cost a load, spent two nights on a plane and one night in a bed - but it was a memory that I will never forget. I had a feeling that this was going to be worth it. After all, it was my first time to see Rangers win at Wembley (after all the disappointments of the 80's). This was a once in a lifetime day and I'm so glad my wife said "yes, go for it!".

Being there, seeing my cousin again after quite a few years, enjoying the mood all day long and going mental when Bobby scored, partying away with Rangers fans and waving the flag was worth the 26 hours spent on a plane.

Well done to Harry and the players for staying strong despite us being played off the park with only ten men, and thanks Bobby for that goal! An amazing experience. I agree: thanks Tony, Beard and everyone at QPR!

What do you do out in HK mate?
Lived there myself in the early nineties.
Thanks to Tony, Beard and Everyone At QPR on 10:22 - Jul 7 with 2741 viewsfrancisbowles

So what!

It worked for the team and the club (which includes us).
Thanks to Tony, Beard and Everyone At QPR on 11:44 - Jul 7 with 2647 views1MoreBrightonR

Not sure i have any issue with the club trying to maximise commercial exposure in the biggest game we've had in recent history, especially when we benefit from it. As well as being our club, it's a commercial enterprise.
Thanks to Tony, Beard and Everyone At QPR on 11:57 - Jul 7 with 2611 viewsqprmick

Dylan, I think you forgot to thank God, it was a fin miracle we won that. I was watching with the wife at some ungodly hour and all I could say with an enormous grin '" we have stolen it ".

Qprmick

Thanks to Tony, Beard and Everyone At QPR on 14:07 - Jul 7 with 2462 viewswelwynranger

Are you a scummer in disguise.
Come on URRRRS
Thanks to Tony, Beard and Everyone At QPR on 14:58 - Jul 7 with 2384 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ok, i've changed my mind. It was the magic flag fairies who won it for us.
Thanks to Tony, Beard and Everyone At QPR on 15:06 - Jul 7 with 2359 viewsMytch_QPR

I think a certain Steve Black may have been the magic fairy (although I doubt he'd appreciate being referred to as a fairy).

That said, if Bobby had missed then I don't think we would have had the legs for extra time, so credit to him for placing it just right!

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024