Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? 10:00 - Jul 10 with 5141 viewsEltham_Ranger

Green; Simpson, Onuoha, Dunne, Yun; Phillips, Barton, Henry, Faurlin, Hoilett; Austin. Personally that's exactly what I want to see. The biggest shame for me last time in the premier league was that Kenny; Orr, Connelly, Gorkks, Hill; Derry, Faurlin; Routledge, Taarabt, Smith; Helguson never got the chance. Discuss.
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 09:46 - Jul 11 with 970 viewsDANRANGER

For the first 11 we have 7 who I feel fitness permitting will start. Green/Simpson/Barton/hoilett/Phillips/Austin and yun is also a possibility. Therefore for the starting 11 we need 2 defenders and 2 midfielders, 1 being a no 10 type. Getting the signings right is imperative but sorting out remy/granero/Taarabt etc should be a priority as they are definitely good enough but have to want to be part of it.
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 11:57 - Jul 11 with 943 viewsBluce_Ree

People say that the previous promotion squad never got a chance but most of them did and were sort of rubbish. Those first few months under Warnock in the Prem were pretty dismal.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 14:34 - Jul 11 with 923 viewsterryb

How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 11:57 - Jul 11 by Bluce_Ree

People say that the previous promotion squad never got a chance but most of them did and were sort of rubbish. Those first few months under Warnock in the Prem were pretty dismal.

Actually, the early months of Warnock in the Premier (apart from home to Bolton) were pretty good.

Come November, we were in the top half of the league & had won four away games.

Winter brought about our down turn in fortunes!
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 14:39 - Jul 11 with 920 viewsNorthernr

We actually only stayed up last time because of the results in September and October - think we went eighth after a 3-2 win at Stoke - and that run was sparked by Warnock recalling Helguson primarily.

For me the big thing we lack at the moment, even at Championship level, is legs and pace. We're a really slow, chugging outfit and you'll get found out pretty quickly at this level if that's the case.

But add Caulker at centre back, Lewis Holtby to the base of the midfield with Barton and a seriously quick player for the three behind the lone striker and we'd probably have enough IMO - as well as some back up striking options for Austin.
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 14:47 - Jul 11 with 914 viewsClive_Anderson

I'd be pleased as we'd be slightly less likely to go bust in the next decade.
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 16:09 - Jul 11 with 898 viewsHunterhoop

How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 14:39 - Jul 11 by Northernr

We actually only stayed up last time because of the results in September and October - think we went eighth after a 3-2 win at Stoke - and that run was sparked by Warnock recalling Helguson primarily.

For me the big thing we lack at the moment, even at Championship level, is legs and pace. We're a really slow, chugging outfit and you'll get found out pretty quickly at this level if that's the case.

But add Caulker at centre back, Lewis Holtby to the base of the midfield with Barton and a seriously quick player for the three behind the lone striker and we'd probably have enough IMO - as well as some back up striking options for Austin.

Play Holtby in front of Barton and Faurlin not with Barton. Holtby won't sit. He's box to box. You need to have two sitting midfielders and Barton and Faurlin are perfect together. The legs/energy with the passing/class.

Play Adel/Hoilett and Phillips either side of Austin. More 4-3-3 than 4-5-1.
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 16:12 - Jul 11 with 897 viewssimmo

How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 16:09 - Jul 11 by Hunterhoop

Play Holtby in front of Barton and Faurlin not with Barton. Holtby won't sit. He's box to box. You need to have two sitting midfielders and Barton and Faurlin are perfect together. The legs/energy with the passing/class.

I would also play Holtby as a 10, but then this us all hypothetical shite that won't come to pass, I would play him left back if it meant we were actually going to get him.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 17:30 - Jul 11 with 890 viewsterryb

How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 16:12 - Jul 11 by simmo

I would also play Holtby as a 10, but then this us all hypothetical shite that won't come to pass, I would play him left back if it meant we were actually going to get him.

I'd go along with you on this simmo!
Login to get fewer ads

How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 18:21 - Jul 11 with 882 viewshoops_legend

How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 11:57 - Jul 11 by Bluce_Ree

Kenny, hill, derry, helguson, faurlin, taarabt were all either very impressive or inspirational in keeping us up... We just happened to sign a lot of dross... Only cisse, taiwo and diakite really helped us....

Funny how different peoples memories can be!
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 18:22 - Jul 11 with 881 viewshoops_legend

Hell, mackie wasn't bad either (in his first season)!!
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 19:57 - Jul 11 with 870 viewsWatford_Ranger

Personally I'd be a bit pissed off having spent over £700 on a season ticket if O'Neil, Henry etc. get much game time. Then again I don't want 'names' either so to conclude I'm not easily pleased.
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 00:43 - Jul 12 with 849 viewsNorthernr

How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 16:09 - Jul 11 by Hunterhoop

My expectation of Faurlin next season is 0 starts and 0 sub apps. ACL on both sides inside 18 months is serious sht. I'll be amazed if he gets back playing Prem regularly.
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 05:07 - Jul 12 with 823 viewswood_hoop

How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 06:58 - Jul 11 by hoops_legend

Please remember guys that we have old 'arry as our manager so expect a. And qpr as a club love to add layer upon layer of players so considering that - miniumum of 8 new signings will be made! Sorry but its true. Qpr haven't ever looked at what they have and gone - we'll work with that, just constant knee jerk reactions.

Also if you think harriman et al will even be close to playing think again. - 'arry didn't trust them last season - there is not a hope in hell he will this year

While HR is at the helm I don't expect much at all, TF may have tightened the purse strings a bit and restricted HR on just what he can offer in wages and fees, he hasn't a clue other than bringing in 'dependable' has beens or loanees from his mates.

Last seasons team is nowhere good enough to cause any kind of impact,we may win a few games amongst the other relegation fodder in the division but have no chance against any of the established clubs, not just down to our players but HR is tacticly defunct, his coaches second rate and his luck may just have run out.

Why will he suddenly change from his 'successful' season, should have got rid once the final whistle blew at Wembley, no room for sentimental hogwash that he deserves a shot as he got us back in the Prem, very very lucky to do so and even with a batch of new players and a good portion of last seasons cannot see things changing that much, the test facing him in the Prem is a step too far and sorry to have to say it but come Xmas when we are bouncing along the bottom and his head is being called for it may be too late to really do much about it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024