Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Redknapp - New Contract? 13:53 - Aug 26 with 13229 viewsMaggsinho

Sky Sports seem to think so:

Presumably leaked today to head off the speculation about Sherwood.
Redknapp - New Contract? on 16:32 - Aug 26 with 2385 viewsTopCat34

No way Redknapp will take a contract extension- he already said he doesn't fancy another year in the Championship. May well be binding himself to one if he signs a new deal.
Redknapp - New Contract? on 16:36 - Aug 26 with 2374 viewsjohnhoop

One can only imagine that Tone is doing this to try to put a stop to rumours about an imminent sacking but it could be a very costly way of going about it if Harry decides to take him up on it . If we then endure a first couple of months of the season like the one we had two years ago he's going to be forced to stick with Harry well beyond the point of no return or pay out double the amount in compensation.
Redknapp - New Contract? on 16:39 - Aug 26 with 2365 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Redknapp - New Contract? on 16:32 - Aug 26 by TopCat34

No way Redknapp will take a contract extension- he already said he doesn't fancy another year in the Championship. May well be binding himself to one if he signs a new deal.

The day after a terrible article is published undermining Redknapp another one magically appears suggesting that far from being under pressure from his bosses he is actually so highly thought of that they want him to stay on even longer. Convenient enough.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Redknapp - New Contract? on 16:40 - Aug 26 with 2362 viewspomanjou

NOT IN A MILLION YEARS, SURELY.........................................

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Redknapp - New Contract? on 17:07 - Aug 26 with 2333 viewsPinnerPaul

Redknapp - New Contract? on 15:06 - Aug 26 by Antti_Heinola

How and why is this more credible?
I'd say both stories are nonsense.

because anything is more credible than sacking a manager after one decent ish performance and one poor one against a good side.
Redknapp - New Contract? on 17:24 - Aug 26 with 2308 viewsqprewan

Just read the latest comments from TF where he says that he is feeling positive and that we are lucky to have such a good manager and coaching staff; he also emphasises the point that they have given Harry all the players that he asked for. All fair enough but does sound like an early vote of confidence; in effect he is saying over to you now Harry..
Redknapp - New Contract? on 18:09 - Aug 26 with 2243 viewsdavman

Redknapp - New Contract? on 17:24 - Aug 26 by qprewan

Just read the latest comments from TF where he says that he is feeling positive and that we are lucky to have such a good manager and coaching staff; he also emphasises the point that they have given Harry all the players that he asked for. All fair enough but does sound like an early vote of confidence; in effect he is saying over to you now Harry..

...which is exactly what he should do.

Notwithstanding all of that, why would you offer someone beyond retirement age who has met the short term goal of getting us back to the big league a new contract? He's already shown how good he is at planning for the future, hasn't he?

Sooner he's off, the better...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Redknapp - New Contract? on 18:35 - Aug 26 with 2216 viewsBerkoRanger

Maybe we ought to see what happens tomorrow night and Saturday first...
Login to get fewer ads

Redknapp - New Contract? on 18:47 - Aug 26 with 2200 viewsessextaxiboy

Redknapp - New Contract? on 15:00 - Aug 26 by Jamie

Unless the mythical new contract sneakily includes a clause saying we can sack Arry with no compensation. After all, he can't read or write...

Not sure if this is true or just a counter from the Evans piece yesterday, but if it is, with all respect Jamie why would he be offered a new contract when he is on Nul points and is in danger of the sack by the International break ?

Get your programme out for 23/11 last year and read the TF piece . Naive I may be but I reckon an ego like TF wont open himself up to three managerial cock ups . That coupled with Wembley and a touch of man love makes Harry safe ... IMO

For me its simple , like Allardyce he will keep us in the Prem . You may not like him (at least he can play decent football if he chooses ) but as I have said before I just cant see us going down with him ...anyone else you take your chances . .
Redknapp - New Contract? on 19:02 - Aug 26 with 2186 viewsSpiritofGregory

Redknapp - New Contract? on 18:47 - Aug 26 by essextaxiboy

Not sure if this is true or just a counter from the Evans piece yesterday, but if it is, with all respect Jamie why would he be offered a new contract when he is on Nul points and is in danger of the sack by the International break ?

Get your programme out for 23/11 last year and read the TF piece . Naive I may be but I reckon an ego like TF wont open himself up to three managerial cock ups . That coupled with Wembley and a touch of man love makes Harry safe ... IMO

For me its simple , like Allardyce he will keep us in the Prem . You may not like him (at least he can play decent football if he chooses ) but as I have said before I just cant see us going down with him ...anyone else you take your chances . .

I can see us going down with Harry in charge. Get ready for more hidings.

Can't believe that we allow such a highly paid manager to have other jobs. Any manager we have should be committed to QPR.
Redknapp - New Contract? on 19:18 - Aug 26 with 2164 viewsessextaxiboy

Redknapp - New Contract? on 19:02 - Aug 26 by SpiritofGregory

I can see us going down with Harry in charge. Get ready for more hidings.

Can't believe that we allow such a highly paid manager to have other jobs. Any manager we have should be committed to QPR.

Sure we will take some more hidings , we wont be the only ones .

We only have to finish 4th worst and its job done for HR
Redknapp - New Contract? on 19:27 - Aug 26 with 2149 viewsJamie

Think you may have missed the sarcasm in some of these replies ..
Redknapp - New Contract? on 20:28 - Aug 26 with 2099 viewsdavman

Maybe five years ago (although I'm not too sure...), but Harry now looks knackered, dis-interested and, quite frankly, like a man who should think about retiring whilst he's got time to enjoy himself.

Remind me how often him and his 'coaching team' actually got off their arses to bark instruction out to a team that clearly weren't doing what they were instructed on Sunday? If that is what they were instructed to do, then we should all be a bit concerned...

I can't argue with the signings and the strength of this squad, but something isn't right. How can the same thing happen with a completely different set of players? Typical QPR.

Or is it that Harry just can't face dropping (or not selecting) 'his' players? Should Dunne, Barton, Ferdinand, Mutch, Fer, Traore and Isla be guaranteed starting spots? No-one should and there were viable alternatives to all of those positions on Sunday, but none of them played...

If we don't start well on Saturday, I am dreading the atmosphere for Aaron's first Premier League game - he's P2 W2 F7 A3 at the moment...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Redknapp - New Contract? on 21:00 - Aug 26 with 2063 viewsGloucs_R

Younger manger ~ not enough experience
Older manager ~ past it and tactically inept
Foreign manager ~ doesn't know the premiership

Changing your manager ever year doesn't work.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Redknapp - New Contract? on 21:37 - Aug 26 with 2039 viewsSpiritofGregory

Redknapp - New Contract? on 21:00 - Aug 26 by Gloucs_R

Younger manger ~ not enough experience
Older manager ~ past it and tactically inept
Foreign manager ~ doesn't know the premiership

Changing your manager ever year doesn't work.

Finding the right one does.
Redknapp - New Contract? on 21:38 - Aug 26 with 1792 viewsstansleftfoot

Harry came to QPR as our saviour, his experience, knowledge, background, cockney gift of the gab, would get a squad of Championship League winners, Premiership players etc etc, together they would respond to his people winning management skills...we won four games in 38.
It has been seen as a skill to let contracts expire and then to release players or to loan them out and pay their wages. It was a job for the personnel dept, not a football manager.
Relegated and needing promotion, we surprise ourselves and become runaway favourites for the automatic place we desire, reality, injuries, form, and management of the squad leave us 30 seconds from failing and being a Club very much in the decline.
We are now battling two forces, credibility for our chairman, and a clear undestanding of how we got back into the Premiership.
Is it that saviour? Harry Redknapp and his coaching team, is it one of outstanding professional footballers, is it our fans?
Most likely it's mostly the players, some Harry Redknapp and the general free for all The Championship has become.
Harry Redknapp has the Chairman and his CEO's ear, nobody knows how this Promotion has happened, only the maestro Harry Redknapp, who can sit slumped for 46 games and get the points, only Harry can leave strategic substitutions to players on the pitch, during the game, only Harry can get the results. We no longer have many players, Harry knows that business to. Excellent!
Tony Fernandes has been raped by respected and apparently knowledgeable professionals, this honest straight talking diamond from the East End needs to stay.
Its good for continuity, it establishes that I, Tony Fernandes, are not like the other Chairman, its a new thing, continuity. It will give the Club creditibility, and it will show the new way.
Harry's tired, he can rest, the new Premiership season will re-invigorate, and the Dream will begin again.
However, Pre-season financial budgets are set, availability of players is un-clear as market forces prevail, no agents will talk, the players are on the Beach, we can't get players in. The squad is reduced to 14 players (?) No serious club will play us pre-season, we ain't going east again 'cos nobody has seen Yun play.
QPR's season cannot start until game 6-8 at least, the Hull game gives a glimmer of the problems, Steve Bruce, takes a look, accepts the offer of 352, plays at QPR's pace and then puts his foot on the gas when a substitution is forced on him. There's glimpses of hope that Harry grasps and smiling holds them up on MOTD...we all believe again.
Harry takes the accolades, it's happening again, the magic is still there.
Redknapps only thread to the Promotion side that get selected or are his First Team players are Green, Dunne, Barton, Traore...they are his only framework that seals the team together, the rest are strangers, and not very fit ones at that.
Green remains ambitious but needs support, Barton is a one trick pony, Dunne is out of his depth at this point at his career and playing the worst possible set-up for his undoubted skills, Traore is the private project of the Chairman and should be doing his gardening not playing a hugely responsible role in a unique 352 set-up (other than ManU, who also can't use it)
Thats how I see it, regardless of fitness, there no earth reason why a side should be able to sling 48 passes together without a single challenge to possession. QPR lost possession 40% of the time they passed the ball, they actually ran 20% less than the opposition, thats not a case of being strangers, thats a case of not caring.
I don't think Harry matters much, I don't see his role in our future being important in the same way I haven't see his role as being important in our promotion. Key decisions that had successful outcomes came from Clint Hill and Garry O'Neil. His coaching team have ma
[Post edited 26 Aug 2014 21:39]
Redknapp - New Contract? on 21:53 - Aug 26 with 1763 viewsLoftusRdW12

We've played 2 games.

"I still don't know who scored our first and third goals. I'll have a look tonight." Neil Warnock

Redknapp - New Contract? (n/t) on 22:04 - Aug 26 with 1744 viewsr66

Redknapp - New Contract? on 22:05 - Aug 26 with 1735 viewsr66

Great answer!
Redknapp - New Contract? on 22:14 - Aug 26 with 1724 viewsbosh67

Surely you wait to see if the side makes it to safety with something to spare and if so, you sit down with Harry and see if he wants to do another year or not. Seems mad to tie down anyone at this point. What if we do struggle and we have to change it, TF saddles himself with another huge pay off.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Redknapp - New Contract? on 22:26 - Aug 26 with 1707 viewsqprewan

Redknapp - New Contract? on 21:53 - Aug 26 by LoftusRdW12

We've played 2 games.

SLF is clearly not basing his argument on just our 1st 2 games- he is looking at HR's entire record here. You may not agree but personally he writes very little that I can disagree with.
Redknapp - New Contract? on 22:40 - Aug 26 with 1686 viewsstansleftfoot

Redknapp - New Contract? on 22:26 - Aug 26 by qprewan

SLF is clearly not basing his argument on just our 1st 2 games- he is looking at HR's entire record here. You may not agree but personally he writes very little that I can disagree with.

I had domestic crisis, but my final point I cannot see ANY improvements by Harrys coaching team to our playing performance...and Spurs finally topped it off, off the pace, 48 passes and never a challenge, even in Harry's world the great equaliser for qualities is effort.
New Contract....yeh, on performance Harry, finally win a game, with the flourish that drove me to support QPR under Stock and Sexton, combined with the ruthless point taking of the great sweeper based Venables side with Roeder stepping over when wingers couldn't do it.
352 Maddix, McDonald, Parker.....Harry Redknapp is neither professional or a manager.....only fools and horses. Grateful for whatever is his fault..be great when he goes....
Redknapp - New Contract? on 22:41 - Aug 26 with 1681 viewsLoftusRdW12

Redknapp - New Contract? on 22:26 - Aug 26 by qprewan

I wasn't really responding to SLF and I don't know who "Sky Sports Amy Twitter" is either.

I totally get that a lot of people don't like Redknapp. I'm hardly his No. 1 fan either but I refuse to compare this squad with the one that took us down before. Its far to early.

"I still don't know who scored our first and third goals. I'll have a look tonight." Neil Warnock

Redknapp - New Contract? on 22:49 - Aug 26 with 1665 viewsqprewan

Redknapp - New Contract? on 22:41 - Aug 26 by LoftusRdW12

I wasn't really responding to SLF and I don't know who "Sky Sports Amy Twitter" is either.

I totally get that a lot of people don't like Redknapp. I'm hardly his No. 1 fan either but I refuse to compare this squad with the one that took us down before. Its far to early.

Oh fair enough, actually I agree it's not actually the players that I have an issue with this time round, so in that way things are a bit different now and I guess HR deserves some credit for that at least; just don't believe he has the tactical nous or the ability to make us successful at this level anymore- the game and management has moved on and he is desperately trying to play catch up..
Redknapp - New Contract? on 22:49 - Aug 26 with 1665 viewskysersosaqpr

ManUre lost 0-4. Should their manager get sacked? H has got a good squas together. He's brought in a decent coach. The new players need time to click, find form, and get fit.
Yes H made a couple of errors in team, but how many here agree to the same team before each game? Never unanimous. H should also have prepared pre season better.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024