Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Awful atmosphere 01:25 - Nov 2 with 4669 viewsWindsorHoopMan

What the hell is that all about?? No man mowing a meadow, no blue flag flying anywhere? Is this what has happened to our lovely game? I really do hope we never end up like that, it was utterly embarrassing to any old Chelsea fan. And while I'm at it, what the hell was that Liverpool away bunch like? Never hear such a silent, clueless bunch in all my life , they used to be great!
Awful atmosphere on 09:36 - Nov 2 with 4357 viewsRaymond

Got a few scum pals for my sins who've been going since the early 80's and all bar one only attend away games now. All in agreement their fans at home are awful, Ruski fur hat wearing toffs.
Awful atmosphere on 10:42 - Nov 2 with 4230 viewsTacticalR

Boss Jose Mourinho has criticised Chelsea's support and said Stamford Bridge felt like an "empty stadium" during Saturday's 2-1 win over QPR.

"At this moment it's difficult to play at home because playing here is like playing in an empty stadium," he said.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29867892

Air hostess clique

Awful atmosphere on 10:58 - Nov 2 with 4175 viewsCHUBBS

Thats what happens when you price out the working class.
The Premier is interested in its own power driven by greed without a care for supporters or the lower league clubs.
Its all about TV now as that brings in the colossal revenue that drives the brand forward.
As long as the grounds look full,they can sell the sport however they like promoting it as the best league in the world.
Its not an English football league any more it is now an international brand.
Awful atmosphere on 11:45 - Nov 2 with 4070 viewsted_hendrix

Football has changed or at least it has in the Prem which I hate anyway.
The kick off times are obscene and ridiculous never mind the bloody cost which is also ridiculous.
In times gone by the holt end at Aston Villa was deafening as was the spion kop at Anfield, even at Loftus Road when you were stood behind the goal in the loft the atmosphere would be superb doing the pogo etcetera when the Rangers scored a winner with 5 minutes left on the clock.
On a Saturday in those days you worked on a building site Saturday morning raced like mad to get to Loftus Road, downed a few pints watched the game with you're mates had the craic then went home and looked forward to the next week.

As mentioned the Liverpool fans last week were the vocally worst I've ever seen or heard at LR and then seeing those half and half shirts at old bastard trafford, Jesus bloody wept.

Anyway whatever, the public gets what the public wants I suppose.

Sit down.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Awful atmosphere on 12:33 - Nov 2 with 3951 viewsBrightonhoop

Them were the days, Ted.
Awful atmosphere on 12:50 - Nov 2 with 3905 viewsloftboy

Absolute classic at half time when Ian Britton (sp) was being walked around every Ranger to a man singing " they don't know who he is"
I was sat on the end of a row and was only separated from the scum by a steward, the abuse I gave some numpty who was sat in the front row of the upper tier was off the scale en by my standards, he didn't respond once, in the old days I would have probably got a kick in outside, bar a few middle aged wannabes who tried kicking off near the tube the place was as intimidating as church on a weekday morning.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Awful atmosphere on 01:59 - Nov 3 with 3465 viewsSonofNorfolt

Take it as a nearly veiled compliment from the Special Needs One; the away end made as a big a racket as he's seen and heard, after all it's his first realisation of an actual local derby for a while.
Awful atmosphere on 05:57 - Nov 3 with 3436 viewsthemodfather

be fair. we have too many buying the half/half scarves
forcing tout prices higher
demanding most seat away
football is changing and its worse from the playing side, most couldn't even name a shakespeare play or know a clubs previous manager
just cash cash cash = modern football.
chelsea, man utd and liverpool are just eh tip of the ice berg, as long as cash rolls in who cares?
Login to get fewer ads

Awful atmosphere on 11:50 - Nov 4 with 3144 viewswhittocksRs

Think fans should be stopped at the gates if they have a half and half shirt on. I don't want football turning into fecking rugby.
Awful atmosphere on 12:32 - Nov 4 with 3081 viewspaulparker

talking of half & half scarves did anyone clock the Chinese/Korean lad
at the start of the Manchester derby build up on sunday ?
he is standing there with a city top on with a half & half scarve in the air !! its a derby game FFS I would be embarrassed if anyone did that with a QPR top on
the whole Premier League is one rich mans vvankfest , its not football anymore its a commercial, egotistical , Harlem Globetrotters hyperbole of sh*t
I see today that andy carroll is flying around rome on a private jet with his new fiancé
spouting 50k rings , yes an average lump who plays 5 times a year is poncing around in a private jet, how the fcuk can the average bloke get behind or relate to that ??
you need a 2nd mortgage to go to football now , and for what , to hope we cling on so we can earn another £80 million in tv money (and still be in debt BTW) and that Barton & co keep earning their 80k a week ,
fcuk knows what the answer is But if you gave me a choice of entering Loftus Road 1986 or Loftus road 2014 I know which one I would go for

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Awful atmosphere on 12:35 - Nov 4 with 3084 viewsStanisgod

Gary Neville and Carragher after the game last night were saying about the atmosphere last night compared to Chelsea and Man City and UTD the weekend, and Neville more or less said it's ticket prices that have priced out the working man who stood behind the goal every Saturday and lived to give their local rivals stick and abuse.
He said that when UTD players came out 40 mins before kick off to warm up there was silence , whereas 10 years ago even they would have been getting stick, and even Carragher said the same, that he thrived on the stick at Goodison and O.T.
I bet his Sky paymasters weren't too keen on those comments as it's all down to them !
[Post edited 4 Nov 2014 16:23]

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Awful atmosphere on 15:17 - Nov 4 with 3013 viewsClive_Anderson

Football seems to have the worst of both worlds. Supporters can't sit together or drink whilst watching the game as they'll start kicking the crap out of each other. But despite that the atmosphere is still completely w@nk.

It's almost like the whole of football needs scrapping and starting again so they can do it properly this time. Without Chelsea.
Awful atmosphere on 17:41 - Nov 4 with 2936 viewsHayesender

Bar one or two games, the atmosphere hasn't been much better at Loftus road the last couple of seasons

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Awful atmosphere on 17:44 - Nov 4 with 2928 viewsR_from_afar

Compare and contrast with Wycombe (I go occasionally because my best mate is a season ticket holder, plus I like to see how Gaz is getting on): Many of the players are on the same salary (circa £50k, I am told) as Average Joes and come and mix with the fans in the bar afterwards. The players I have met seem dead normal, happy to chat, and genuinely grateful to be playing football for a living.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Awful atmosphere on 19:31 - Nov 4 with 2861 viewsAgedR

Awful atmosphere on 01:59 - Nov 3 by SonofNorfolt

Take it as a nearly veiled compliment from the Special Needs One; the away end made as a big a racket as he's seen and heard, after all it's his first realisation of an actual local derby for a while.

I really can't wait to get him down the Bush.

He'll know what an atmosphere is then all right

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Awful atmosphere on 19:41 - Nov 4 with 2842 viewsJamie

Awful atmosphere on 12:35 - Nov 4 by Stanisgod

Gary Neville and Carragher after the game last night were saying about the atmosphere last night compared to Chelsea and Man City and UTD the weekend, and Neville more or less said it's ticket prices that have priced out the working man who stood behind the goal every Saturday and lived to give their local rivals stick and abuse.
He said that when UTD players came out 40 mins before kick off to warm up there was silence , whereas 10 years ago even they would have been getting stick, and even Carragher said the same, that he thrived on the stick at Goodison and O.T.
I bet his Sky paymasters weren't too keen on those comments as it's all down to them !

They're reading from a script so I doubt Sky are too bothered.
Awful atmosphere on 19:52 - Nov 4 with 2837 viewssmegma

Awful atmosphere on 12:35 - Nov 4 by Stanisgod

And another cause is the greed of players since 1992. Sky started pumping millions into football, then the agents demanded a bigger wage, this then meant clubs put ticket prices up to pay for those wage increases. Makes me sick when the players spout this nonsense forgetting they are the biggest factor in all this. You only have to play about 3 seasons in the premier and you're a millionaire.
Awful atmosphere on 20:09 - Nov 4 with 2817 viewsqprxtc

Talking of half and half scarves and shirts reminds me of a rather unpleasant episode in the Rangers club shop in 2011 just before we started the season back in the Premier League.

My wife was getting a top sorted and I was mooching around when out of the corner of my I caught a most horrible sight. It took me a while to comprehend but it was true. There over by the mugs was one with a sodding chelsea badge on it. To say I was a dumbstruck was an understatement. A bloody chelsea mug for sale in our club shop!!

Looking at it, it turned out to be a half and half mug but the way it was placed all you could see was the bloody chelsea badge!! Looking around there were Man Utd ones, Liverpool ones and Arsenal ones, fu(k me! Who in their right mind would buy one of these? And what idiot thought it was a good idea? I complained to one of the staff who said that a lot of people said the same thing! Jaysus wept.

I remember going into the Bury club shop in 2001 to find Man Utd tops for sale. We'd never doing anything as stupid as that I thought to myself. Oh dear.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2014 20:15]
Awful atmosphere on 20:13 - Nov 4 with 2809 viewssmegma

Awful atmosphere on 20:09 - Nov 4 by qprxtc

Talking of half and half scarves and shirts reminds me of a rather unpleasant episode in the Rangers club shop in 2011 just before we started the season back in the Premier League.

My wife was getting a top sorted and I was mooching around when out of the corner of my I caught a most horrible sight. It took me a while to comprehend but it was true. There over by the mugs was one with a sodding chelsea badge on it. To say I was a dumbstruck was an understatement. A bloody chelsea mug for sale in our club shop!!

Looking at it, it turned out to be a half and half mug but the way it was placed all you could see was the bloody chelsea badge!! Looking around there were Man Utd ones, Liverpool ones and Arsenal ones, fu(k me! Who in their right mind would buy one of these? And what idiot thought it was a good idea? I complained to one of the staff who said that a lot of people said the same thing! Jaysus wept.

I remember going into the Bury club shop in 2001 to find Man Utd tops for sale. We'd never doing anything as stupid as that I thought to myself. Oh dear.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2014 20:15]

Blame the clueless idiot who manages the shop. This season it's been turned into a sweet shop with loads of confectionary items on the shelves with just a QPR label on the packaging. That's really going to sort our debts out.
Awful atmosphere on 20:29 - Nov 4 with 2776 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Awful atmosphere on 20:13 - Nov 4 by smegma

Blame the clueless idiot who manages the shop. This season it's been turned into a sweet shop with loads of confectionary items on the shelves with just a QPR label on the packaging. That's really going to sort our debts out.

They should just sell decent coffee and be open all the time! Petrol stations make more on the coffee than the petrol, to the extent some places schedule their fuel deliveries so that it doesn't impact their high coffee sales (ie delivery truck on forecourt means some folks can't park there at that time thus they lose money - so much so they reschedule the petrol/diesel delivery!).

And as someone above said, if Jose enjoyed that show of support wait till we he enjoys the return leg at LR! I'm already feels hoarse in anticipation!
Awful atmosphere on 15:08 - Nov 5 with 2577 viewsBluce_Ree

There's a lot of backpatting about QPR fans being louder than Chelsea and that's great but we lost and I'd rather we all shut up about it and looked forward to narrowly losing to City.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Awful atmosphere on 15:40 - Nov 5 with 2548 viewsClive_Anderson

Awful atmosphere on 15:08 - Nov 5 by Bluce_Ree

There's a lot of backpatting about QPR fans being louder than Chelsea and that's great but we lost and I'd rather we all shut up about it and looked forward to narrowly losing to City.

Got to take the small victories when they come. They might have bought all the trophies, but thousands of people loudly giving them abuse at their place brings a smile to the face.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024