Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
fer, outstanding 05:43 - Dec 7 with 4684 viewsthemodfather

i admit thinking he wasn't up to it but finally over the last few games he has become the player we wanted..winning balls in the air and getting involved and scoring. looks a big fella, and now seems settled.
we have our new king, i give you "leroy, leroy" the third!
fer, outstanding on 06:09 - Dec 7 with 3422 viewsBklynRanger

Do you think he could play CM, beside Henry for example at home, or is it just not in him?
fer, outstanding on 07:24 - Dec 7 with 3346 viewsLblock

I'm pleased to be proved wrong but outstanding is pushing it too far

Still does not track back enough to help Yun, lacks pace, runs into traffic and doesn't cross.
In short he's not a left mid!!
I'd like to see him in the middle with Sandrose but that's probably a pipe dream

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

fer, outstanding on 08:46 - Dec 7 with 3237 viewstraininvain

I thought Fer was outstanding. Seems to relish the games against relegation rivals which is good news.

His sudden burst of acceleration in the second half before playing in Yun for a one on one that he should've scored reminded me of Yaya Toure.
fer, outstanding on 09:52 - Dec 7 with 3118 viewsqueensparker

I really, really like Fer as a player. I said after the first game he's probably going to divide the fans and it's turned out true - yes, he looks a bit lazy, gives it away, and doesn't track back 100% of the time, but much like Adel and his faults, if he did all that he'd be Yaya Toure and not playing for us.

He's getting better all the time and if he could be more consistent and play away like he does at home he's going to be some buy. Got goals in him too. Like a much better Legs.

(The bloke who sits behind me f--king hates him mind you)
fer, outstanding on 11:11 - Dec 7 with 3034 viewsfrancisbowles

fer, outstanding on 09:52 - Dec 7 by queensparker

I really, really like Fer as a player. I said after the first game he's probably going to divide the fans and it's turned out true - yes, he looks a bit lazy, gives it away, and doesn't track back 100% of the time, but much like Adel and his faults, if he did all that he'd be Yaya Toure and not playing for us.

He's getting better all the time and if he could be more consistent and play away like he does at home he's going to be some buy. Got goals in him too. Like a much better Legs.

(The bloke who sits behind me f--king hates him mind you)

Some people get their blinkers on and then can't see a good performance from a player that they don't like.

I think Fer has been much better last two home games and the goals will help his confidence and improved form. We still need to get more from him away though.

I am trying to convert the couple next to me to understand why we are so much better when BZ plays and also that Henry does a valid job when playing. They are not fans of either player and can't see beyond their previous failings.
fer, outstanding on 11:40 - Dec 7 with 2988 viewsbluetooth

I think Leroy is the dogs bolloxs
fer, outstanding on 11:44 - Dec 7 with 2977 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

fer, outstanding on 11:11 - Dec 7 by francisbowles

Some people get their blinkers on and then can't see a good performance from a player that they don't like.

I think Fer has been much better last two home games and the goals will help his confidence and improved form. We still need to get more from him away though.

I am trying to convert the couple next to me to understand why we are so much better when BZ plays and also that Henry does a valid job when playing. They are not fans of either player and can't see beyond their previous failings.

He has been much better for sure but still has some way to go to be well rounded. If the rest of his game improves as much as his attacking side then he will really be good for us.

Perhaps his defensive game really is poor and he should be given the freedom to roam forwards and not have to look back, take the shackles off as it were.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2014 11:45]
fer, outstanding on 11:53 - Dec 7 with 2953 viewsQPRDave

His battling and ball retention is really good....
Login to get fewer ads

fer, outstanding on 12:52 - Dec 7 with 2885 viewsonlyrinmoray

I still don't know what his position is but with Henry and Barton as the central midfield battlers I suppose he will start on the left side If he keeps on scoring why should I worry ?
fer, outstanding on 20:18 - Dec 7 with 2710 viewsthemodfather

fer had a good game yesterday, stood out far more than barton, who seems disinterested and NOT leading but i suppose my real point is, r's fans can really give it to someone and that someone can come good and be very popular...tony sealy, david bardsley, simon barker to name 3
well done fer and let's see some more.
fer, outstanding on 23:33 - Dec 7 with 2592 viewsTacticalR

fer, outstanding on 20:18 - Dec 7 by themodfather

fer had a good game yesterday, stood out far more than barton, who seems disinterested and NOT leading but i suppose my real point is, r's fans can really give it to someone and that someone can come good and be very popular...tony sealy, david bardsley, simon barker to name 3
well done fer and let's see some more.

I don't think Fer has had any grief from fans. Most people could see that whatever his lapses he looked like he knew what do with the ball.

Air hostess clique

fer, outstanding on 10:03 - Dec 8 with 2514 viewsQPunkR

fer, outstanding on 11:53 - Dec 7 by QPRDave

His battling and ball retention is really good....

I'm assuming this is tongue in cheek.
Bloody hope so anyway!

I'd honestly still rather have comedy Traore left wing with Fer as backup. The man is so lazy it's unreal and never helps out his fullback. If we were to play him at CM Henry would be utterly swamped.
He has indeed played better in the last 2 home games, but he did set the bar fúcking low to begin with!

QPR - "shit but local"

fer, outstanding on 10:17 - Dec 8 with 2483 viewsrobith

He was pretty shakey in the first half, but much improved in the second
fer, outstanding on 10:33 - Dec 8 with 2456 viewssimmo

fer, outstanding on 10:03 - Dec 8 by QPunkR

I'm assuming this is tongue in cheek.
Bloody hope so anyway!

I'd honestly still rather have comedy Traore left wing with Fer as backup. The man is so lazy it's unreal and never helps out his fullback. If we were to play him at CM Henry would be utterly swamped.
He has indeed played better in the last 2 home games, but he did set the bar fúcking low to begin with!

HE'S NOT A LEFT WINGER! He's not even left footed.... To critisize him for not doing the job of a defensive left sided midfielder is harsh and not really concentrating on the fact that he's doing a job for the team, outside his comfort zone. For me he's doing it pretty well and whenever I see him he always gets stuck in, drifts across to support his team mates when out of posession and is usually always in the area supporting strikers when the ball is out wide on the right, something we never used to do enough of. How many times in the last few seasons was the ball in a cross-able position only to have up to 1 player in the area? Watch in our next few games at home, he's usually always there or there abouts.

He's given stick reguarly on this board following defeats and then praised when we win, personally I think he's a good signing for us and at some point I hope he gets a run in his favoured position.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

fer, outstanding on 10:42 - Dec 8 with 2441 viewsQPunkR

fer, outstanding on 10:33 - Dec 8 by simmo

HE'S NOT A LEFT WINGER! He's not even left footed.... To critisize him for not doing the job of a defensive left sided midfielder is harsh and not really concentrating on the fact that he's doing a job for the team, outside his comfort zone. For me he's doing it pretty well and whenever I see him he always gets stuck in, drifts across to support his team mates when out of posession and is usually always in the area supporting strikers when the ball is out wide on the right, something we never used to do enough of. How many times in the last few seasons was the ball in a cross-able position only to have up to 1 player in the area? Watch in our next few games at home, he's usually always there or there abouts.

He's given stick reguarly on this board following defeats and then praised when we win, personally I think he's a good signing for us and at some point I hope he gets a run in his favoured position.

I'm not criticising him for not being the same player as Traore (btw, that's the first time he's ever been described as 'defensive'!), I'm criticising him for not doing the basics. Keeping possession, tracking runners when we waste another attacking set piece etc etc.

QPR - "shit but local"

fer, outstanding on 10:48 - Dec 8 with 2421 viewsade_qpr

Slowly coming to the party. Wouldn't mind seeing especially this week he and Vargas rotating thro the middle to help probably BZ in a lone strikers role.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

fer, outstanding on 10:49 - Dec 8 with 2420 viewsTheBlob

Don't give an E Rattus Norvegicus Testicle if he's laid back to the point of being horizontal as long as he's weighing in with the odd goal.
He's like a house painter,stands back constantly to admire his handywork.
But what the hell.......

Poll: So how was the season for you?

fer, outstanding on 23:39 - Dec 8 with 2296 viewsTacticalR

*cough*

http://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2014/dec/02/aston-villa-paul

Air hostess clique

fer, outstanding on 23:55 - Dec 8 with 2275 viewsWeaverQPR

Square peg round hole, same as Vargas

@WeavQPR

fer, outstanding on 00:38 - Dec 9 with 2258 viewskensalriser

Smashing them in left right and centre, is our second highest scorer.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

fer, outstanding on 08:55 - Dec 9 with 2188 viewssimmo

fer, outstanding on 23:39 - Dec 8 by TacticalR

*cough*

http://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2014/dec/02/aston-villa-paul

That was last weeks, he's also in this weeks though, along with Richard Dunne.

As I have said about Fer, he does more than people give him credit for, they just highlight the one time he doesn't bust his arse to track an attacking full back as it's not his natural game, and decide he does fck all. Going towards goal though, he's very effective.

fer, outstanding on 09:16 - Dec 9 with 2159 viewsQPunkR

fer, outstanding on 08:55 - Dec 9 by simmo

That was last weeks, he's also in this weeks though, along with Richard Dunne.

As I have said about Fer, he does more than people give him credit for, they just highlight the one time he doesn't bust his arse to track an attacking full back as it's not his natural game, and decide he does fck all. Going towards goal though, he's very effective.

The *one* time?

QPR - "shit but local"

fer, outstanding on 09:20 - Dec 9 with 2154 viewssimmo

fer, outstanding on 09:16 - Dec 9 by QPunkR

The *one* time?

The point is people like to focus on what he doesn't do well rather than the positives he brings, and the things he doesn't do well are exacerbated by the fact that he is played out of position. The job of a winger in relation to a central midfielder is very different, especially for a team that is supposed to defend as part of a collective.

fer, outstanding on 09:24 - Dec 9 with 2148 viewstraininvain

The system we are using at the moment doesn't require Fer to be an out and out winger as the full backs are being asked to push forward. It's quite clear that Fer is being asked to attack more than defend which is working very well at home.
fer, outstanding on 14:13 - Dec 9 with 2082 viewsfrancisbowles

I think the system is to play it narrow in midfield and leave space for the fullbacks to overlap. Don't really need to be left footed, just cut inside and dribble and pass or even shoot if you get space. Helps to make up for one less midfielder against those teams that play five.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024