Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off 16:18 - Jan 16 with 16372 viewsMaggsinho

Interesting article by Dave McIntyre about tensions in the club, sounds like Redknapp will be leaving the club soon by this.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/stand-off-between-harry-and-les-
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 18:41 - Jan 19 with 1811 viewsstansleftfoot

Given the lunatic nature of this message board when the going gets tough I'll add a long held thought of mine.
That we've gained Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey because TF is here long term because he has done is money. His losses cannot be crystallised into a loan or debt, he has to trade his way out of the sh
As a businessman, he has recognised that the crucial decisions, Sacking Warnock, employing Hughes, Employing Redknapp and trusting him to sign Sandro and Rio are clear evidence he cannot do the job.
So his exit route, is to attempt to avoid FFP fines, keep Redknapp to the bitter end and hope for the best.
Subsequently, ie, next season, whichever Division we are in, Sir Les Ferdinand will be Chief Operating Officer and Head of Football Development, Chris Ramsey will run the Academy and Hoodle will be Head Coach (possibly) or Ferdinand will employ a Head Coach.
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 09:59 - Jan 20 with 1650 viewsQPunkR

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 13:09 - Jan 19 by danehoop

Depends what the actual conversation has been. If it has been that we cant afford to pay off bagpuss and bring in someone else, so we'll let it run to end of the season when contract expires, then not an issue. Also quite clear from the TF statement is that committment is until the end of the season only. All talk about long term and contract extensions (real or imaginary) have dropped.

One suspects that there is already a plan on longer term being worked up with candidates in mind depending on where we end up next season. Assuming we go down (which is currently looking most likely) it seems improbable that tactics Tim will be interested anyway given his clear dislike of doing any role beneath his perceived ability. So that probably brings a different cast for the recruitment, especially if we face some kind of sanction from the League (which will be no where near £50M) as funds will be much tighter. If we stay up, then there is likely to be a more interesting cast list we might consider. Either way though, it looks as if Redknapps days are now limited to the end of the season at best.

Wait, how can we not afford to pay Redkrapp off?? All we'd have to do is pay his wages til season's end (no small change, I know ), exactly the same as if we stick with him to the bitter, bitter end.
Should've got rid while we had the chance

QPR - "shit but local"

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 10:04 - Jan 20 with 1638 viewsShotKneesHoop

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 09:59 - Jan 20 by QPunkR

Wait, how can we not afford to pay Redkrapp off?? All we'd have to do is pay his wages til season's end (no small change, I know ), exactly the same as if we stick with him to the bitter, bitter end.

Disagree. Suffer baby suffer.

Keep Rednobb till the end of the season. Then wave goodbye to him and his mates.

For the first time, we can find the right manager for which ever division we are in, and actually plan proper signings, based on ability and age - and not an old pals act.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 11:50 - Jan 20 with 1586 viewsjohncharles

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 09:59 - Jan 20 by QPunkR

All Red death cares about is being paid the full whack to the end the season. He'll stay as long as it takes so why not pay him now ? Hoddle, Les and Ramsey are already on the payroll. It's madness to have this decrepit old fart haunting the place.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2015 11:59]

Strong and stable my arse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024