Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off 16:18 - Jan 16 with 16374 viewsMaggsinho

Interesting article by Dave McIntyre about tensions in the club, sounds like Redknapp will be leaving the club soon by this.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/stand-off-between-harry-and-les-
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 17:36 - Jan 16 with 2863 viewsstuabd

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 17:26 - Jan 16 by simmo

Really interesting article that, confirms a lot of what we've been speculating.

I think the performance as much as the result will indicate how the players feel about things, another Man City/Liverpool performance and it could give food for thought to the board, but my money is on a comfortable United win and a new manager by the time Stoke comes around.

Tony fell for Harry's 'I might take the Ukraine job' line and accelerated that appointment, so it's possible that Sherwood (with some support from Les) could try something similar. Sherwood will want some of the transfer window to get a player or two in. If he thinks that it's dragging on too long, a few agent stories about other jobs might appear. That puts Tony under real pressure.

Let's face it when stories from respected journalists start appearing, the writing is on the wall.
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 17:53 - Jan 16 with 2818 viewshoof_hearted

If Man Ure are winning easily tomorrow (as usual) then a loud and clear "Les-ley Ferdinand, I said Lesley Ferdinand" should help Tony decide who we back.

I'd rather have had stability but with less than 6 months left on a contract that won't be renewed Redknapp is now a lame duck manager so has to be the one to go if they can't work together.
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 18:08 - Jan 16 with 2780 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fascinating article. That is chock full of statements, albeit with not a single quotation.

Like others on here, I enjoyed reading about Ferdinand's work behind the scenes. Highly encouraging.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 18:08 - Jan 16 with 2780 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:57 - Jan 16 by PinnerPaul

As said by Dave himself, Harry DOES take training!

I'm happy to accept this piece may or may not be true, but lets not big it up more than necessary!

No he doesn't, Pinner. He says he 'attends' training.
That's very, very different.

All this was inevitable, but the happiest thing about this is that Les seems to be no one's poodle and genuinely cares about the club and is passionate about his job.

For years I've been saying that Arry's reputation as a manager that players love is utter BS and now it finally seems as if the truth is coming out. Just because Crouchie, Defoe and Niko willingly sign for him every few years, doesn't mean all players love him. Every single manager there has ever been has their followers, even Gary Megson - certain players like certain managers because they are relaxed, other players love certain managers because they appreciate a more regimented style. From what I've heard the game is full of people who dislike HR - and he has a reputation among some as a backstabber (Mel Johnson was guaranteed his job at Spurs by Redknapp, and was then fired. Mel won hefty compensation for that treatment - just one example).

I just wish it wasn't Sherwood being lined up, but perhaps Les knows better than I do.

I saw essextaxi on here the other day asking if anyone had the guts to say they hope we lose tomorrow so Redknapp gets fired. The inference being that you can't be a real fan if you hope we lose. But what if we draw, Redknapp keeps his job, the same problems drag on, and we get relegated? Can a fan not hope for one bad result on the gamble that it might inspire a series of much better ones and a brighter future?

Sounds like HR is on the way out. If it is just down to the result, I think he'll be gone. United are not much good but Southampton apart they seem to be grinding out wins even if they don't deserve it.

Bare bones.

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 18:15 - Jan 16 with 2749 viewsstuabd

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 18:08 - Jan 16 by Antti_Heinola

All this was inevitable, but the happiest thing about this is that Les seems to be no one's poodle and genuinely cares about the club and is passionate about his job.

For years I've been saying that Arry's reputation as a manager that players love is utter BS and now it finally seems as if the truth is coming out. Just because Crouchie, Defoe and Niko willingly sign for him every few years, doesn't mean all players love him. Every single manager there has ever been has their followers, even Gary Megson - certain players like certain managers because they are relaxed, other players love certain managers because they appreciate a more regimented style. From what I've heard the game is full of people who dislike HR - and he has a reputation among some as a backstabber (Mel Johnson was guaranteed his job at Spurs by Redknapp, and was then fired. Mel won hefty compensation for that treatment - just one example).

I just wish it wasn't Sherwood being lined up, but perhaps Les knows better than I do.

I saw essextaxi on here the other day asking if anyone had the guts to say they hope we lose tomorrow so Redknapp gets fired. The inference being that you can't be a real fan if you hope we lose. But what if we draw, Redknapp keeps his job, the same problems drag on, and we get relegated? Can a fan not hope for one bad result on the gamble that it might inspire a series of much better ones and a brighter future?

Sounds like HR is on the way out. If it is just down to the result, I think he'll be gone. United are not much good but Southampton apart they seem to be grinding out wins even if they don't deserve it.

Maybe Sherwood is trying to protect his win % stats. Probably fancies being in charge for the next game rather than the manure one.
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 18:20 - Jan 16 with 2724 viewsNorthernr

I have to say, if it's true that his future hangs on tomorrow, does it not show how bloody short term we look and plan? "Oh we thought we had enough to sack the manager on Friday, but we played alright on Saturday so we're going to keep him after all."
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 18:26 - Jan 16 with 2688 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 18:20 - Jan 16 by Northernr

I have to say, if it's true that his future hangs on tomorrow, does it not show how bloody short term we look and plan? "Oh we thought we had enough to sack the manager on Friday, but we played alright on Saturday so we're going to keep him after all."

True, but I don't think a board is thinking about football when they give a manager one more game, or two more games. It's the same as the last days of a relationship -if both parties were to be honest they'd admit that the relationship is doomed and that all they care is about the optics and to that they can say afterwards - "I gave it every chance".

Edit - Just to clarify - that's just as stupid!
[Post edited 16 Jan 2015 18:32]

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 18:28 - Jan 16 with 2669 viewsHunterhoop

Yep.

Yet more evidence of us acting purely on the output rather than the input.

Both short term thinking and stupid thinking.
Login to get fewer ads

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 18:36 - Jan 16 with 2647 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:39 - Jan 16 by Northernr

"How does Dave know they're unhappy"

Off the record chats? Sources that dave trusts.

Ordinarily I'd agree with you Pinner, but Dave Mc doesn't usually do speculation and guesswork. Finger right on the pulse.

Given that Les Ferdinand's views are central to the article, it wouldn't be wildly implausible that DaveMc has been having an off the record chat with Sir Les.

I've absolutely no evidence to support this, it's just a wild stab in the dark, but my point is there's no automatic presumption that it's balls.
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 18:46 - Jan 16 with 2613 viewsCiderwithRsie

Have to say, the article is the most encouraging thing I've read about the club recently. At least it suggests someone gives a feck and can see what's going wrong.

Still puzzled that Sherwood is supposed to be the solution. On the basis of the article I'd rather go for Hoddle, who comes out of it OK. But if it is Sherwood, I hope Les is watching him like a hawk, because Les does seem to have a bit of a grip on what needs doing.
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 18:49 - Jan 16 with 2592 viewsPinnerPaul

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:59 - Jan 16 by JonDoeman

Your bet is looking good! ;)

Indeed Jon, but I'm not sure what's best for the club at all anymore!

You know what football's like though, IF we win and a couple of the other teams down there suffer heavy losses this weekend, the whole sack race market will change again.
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 18:50 - Jan 16 with 2592 views08olesen

If Les is doing that much, it could be a good sign that the players who are leaving like Harriman and the Brentford lad arnt good enough in his opinion. So instead of the qpr youth policy failing, it could be changing for the better, getting rid of average players. Let's hope so.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 18:53 - Jan 16 with 2577 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 18:46 - Jan 16 by CiderwithRsie

Have to say, the article is the most encouraging thing I've read about the club recently. At least it suggests someone gives a feck and can see what's going wrong.

Still puzzled that Sherwood is supposed to be the solution. On the basis of the article I'd rather go for Hoddle, who comes out of it OK. But if it is Sherwood, I hope Les is watching him like a hawk, because Les does seem to have a bit of a grip on what needs doing.

"Have to say, the article is the most encouraging thing I've read about the club recently. At least it suggests someone gives a feck and can see what's going wrong."

I agree completely.

We can't get carried away yet because this article could be anything, but Dave Mc's reputation is well-earned so I place some store in this. Christ, if, IF, Les can pull this club around behind the scenes it will match anything he has done here as a player. It may not be as sexy as banging one into the Loft end (or into Dani B... no, stop it!) but if he can finally provide the footballing know-how that the club has been lacking, he'll be an absolute God to me.

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 18:56 - Jan 16 with 2561 viewsPinnerPaul

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 18:36 - Jan 16 by CiderwithRsie

Given that Les Ferdinand's views are central to the article, it wouldn't be wildly implausible that DaveMc has been having an off the record chat with Sir Les.

I've absolutely no evidence to support this, it's just a wild stab in the dark, but my point is there's no automatic presumption that it's balls.

or "automatic presumption" that its gospel either then.

Its where we are, I doubt a Dave Mc piece supporting Harry would have been gobbled up with quite so much relish is my view.

How much is truth and how much is guesswork is erm.......................... guesswork I guess!

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 18:57 - Jan 16 with 2551 viewsPinnerPaul

Small point Anti, Jamie said Dave was at the training ground more than Harry - even Dave says he is there (if we want to be pedantic)
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 19:08 - Jan 16 with 2378 viewsGloucs_R

Sherwood won the Premiership as Captain with Blackburn
Was capped by England 3 times and was 30 when he won his first cap
Has a good win ratio when with Spurs
Wont take any nonsense from players
Gives youth players a chance
Has a QPR legend as his number two
Is young, hungry and wants to succeed
Has a smilar background to Dyche
Probably wont leave us in the lurch if we go down

Not all bad I suppose, I will give him my support if required. (Not my choice though)
[Post edited 16 Jan 2015 19:36]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 19:23 - Jan 16 with 2335 viewsJamie

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 18:57 - Jan 16 by PinnerPaul

Small point Anti, Jamie said Dave was at the training ground more than Harry - even Dave says he is there (if we want to be pedantic)

Never said Arry is not at the training ground, merely that Dave was there as often as him so understandably people will trust him with an off the record chat.
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 19:31 - Jan 16 with 2306 viewsjohncharles

If Harry has been at the training ground all this time ....he must be a really crap trainer.

Strong and stable my arse.

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 19:40 - Jan 16 with 2276 viewsdaveB

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 17:36 - Jan 16 by stuabd

Tony fell for Harry's 'I might take the Ukraine job' line and accelerated that appointment, so it's possible that Sherwood (with some support from Les) could try something similar. Sherwood will want some of the transfer window to get a player or two in. If he thinks that it's dragging on too long, a few agent stories about other jobs might appear. That puts Tony under real pressure.

Let's face it when stories from respected journalists start appearing, the writing is on the wall.

Forest v Derby tomorrow, if Forest lose Pearce will get the boot and Sherwood a very likely replacement so you may have a point about it being pushed through
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 19:41 - Jan 16 with 2273 viewsdaveB

exactly and I'll honestly be stunned if we don't play well tomorrow. it's Man Utd most of the players will be well up for this
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 20:10 - Jan 16 with 2202 viewsnadera78

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 18:50 - Jan 16 by 08olesen

If Les is doing that much, it could be a good sign that the players who are leaving like Harriman and the Brentford lad arnt good enough in his opinion. So instead of the qpr youth policy failing, it could be changing for the better, getting rid of average players. Let's hope so.

They wanted Laurent to stay but he wanted out.
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 20:12 - Jan 16 with 2197 viewsbarbicanranger

I thought the ferdinand appointment was Harry adding another one of his lackeys to the wage bill, I must have missed something, but it looks like (for me anyway) out of the blue we may have got the guy we have all wanted and felt the club has needed for a while - a rangers man, a football man, a guy who reports direct to the board but does not manage the team more manages the club as a whole. That was the most pleasing thing for me reading that, I hope that is the case and ferdinand can be successful, enjoys the roll and sticks around (cause boy do we need some stability).
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 20:23 - Jan 16 with 2166 viewsswitchingcode

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 20:10 - Jan 16 by nadera78

They wanted Laurent to stay but he wanted out.

To quote the player,he wanted to join a club on the way up,played against them and was impressed the way they play.How times have changed lol
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 20:31 - Jan 16 with 2140 viewsRanger78

Agreed, it makes no sense. If he does pull a win out of the bag, they would look pretty silly sacking him immediately. They'd probably be embarrassed into not making the decision and then leave it until it was too late.

If they genuinely believe it's time for change, this game should be irrelevant, the change should have already been made in the week before this game.
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 20:48 - Jan 16 with 2079 viewswombat

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:39 - Jan 16 by Northernr

"How does Dave know they're unhappy"

Off the record chats? Sources that dave trusts.

Ordinarily I'd agree with you Pinner, but Dave Mc doesn't usually do speculation and guesswork. Finger right on the pulse.

To those who went to burnley last week and was down stairs at half time a lot of rumours were flying around about how unhappy some players were pre burnley , as Clive says Dave dosnt do speculation or rumours he's fairly spot on with what he prints

Poll: which is your favouite foot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024