Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off 16:18 - Jan 16 with 16373 viewsMaggsinho

Interesting article by Dave McIntyre about tensions in the club, sounds like Redknapp will be leaving the club soon by this.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/stand-off-between-harry-and-les-
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 21:00 - Jan 16 with 3840 viewsderbyhoop

It all sounds very plausible. What is really encouraging is the wide brief that Les has and how much he is involved.

I'm not sure if Harry should go in the next few weeks but there's no way he should be kept on beyond this season. If Les is lining up a replacement I'd like to think he can look at options beyond Sherwood, although I don't have an issue with Sherwood being one of the candidates.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 21:08 - Jan 16 with 3805 viewsWeaverQPR

So has Les got QPR at heart or is he hell bent on getting his best bud the managers job?

@WeavQPR

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 21:54 - Jan 16 with 3714 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 18:56 - Jan 16 by PinnerPaul

or "automatic presumption" that its gospel either then.

Its where we are, I doubt a Dave Mc piece supporting Harry would have been gobbled up with quite so much relish is my view.

How much is truth and how much is guesswork is erm.......................... guesswork I guess!

"or "automatic presumption" that its gospel either then. "

- Indeed. Even if basically correct, which it might not be, it is unlikely to be gospel as it is unlikely that even the best sources will have the full picture and be willing to disclose it.

Actually I would have relished a story that said Harry knew exactly what he was doing, had a plan to turn things around, had the full support of the players etc. 99.99% of us just want Rangers to do well and the best way of that happening is if the guy currently in charge is up to the job.
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 22:17 - Jan 16 with 3669 viewsBucksRanger

Harry Redknapp: why the days of such hoary-handed managers are numbered .

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jan/16/harry-redknapp-qpr-barney-r
[Post edited 16 Jan 2015 22:18]
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 22:30 - Jan 16 with 3619 viewsBklynRanger

Some good posts on here.

And again, I just don't see why they are setting this next game up as a big moment of decision. TF and HR had that dinner 2 or 3 months ago. If HR has been half-arsed since then and Ferdinand and players are all seeing this then why after the Burnley result give him this game? It's fcuking daft as far as I can see.

I won't go on any more, but if it's a choice between a late Manure equaliser tomorrow followed by HR for the rest of the season, or a loss that gets rid of him I'm embarrassed to say I'll take the fcuking loss. It's all getting too absurd.
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 00:38 - Jan 17 with 3462 viewsNathanNI

Obviously anything can happen / change in the game, but Dave isn't one to publish guesswork or a stab in the dark. The one thing we all know is that Ferdinand cares about the club. We also should see a more modern approach to the squad/training/game.

And an end to excuses hopefully.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2015 0:38]
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 07:45 - Jan 17 with 3376 viewsJonDoeman

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 21:08 - Jan 16 by WeaverQPR

So has Les got QPR at heart or is he hell bent on getting his best bud the managers job?

Good question.

It Is What It Is !!

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 11:32 - Jan 17 with 3265 viewsTHEBUSH

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 21:08 - Jan 16 by WeaverQPR

This question wouldn't arise if Redknapp was doing a decent job as manager.

For me, Les has every right to look into alternatives, if that's what he's doing ?
Login to get fewer ads

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 12:20 - Jan 17 with 3209 viewsrsonist

This has the air of Mike Rigg and Hughes again - the vertically integrated coaching system. If Sherwood and Ramsey balls up will Les be there to sack them? To appoint their successors? To carry on working with the youth system and build the infrastructure of the club?

It can only be another hapless move on the board's part to have put all their eggs in one basket all over again by giving someone a job without really knowing what that job is - which metrics do you judge them on?

I don't doubt Les' passion and commitment to the club for one second. I don't think it's jobs for the boys, I think he does honestly believe that, having worked with them first hand for so long , Sherwood and Ramsey are the best qualified people to help the club. In which case, was Les hired for his coaching acumen? Why? And if so - why is he in charge of the youth system as well? The idea behind appointing a Director of Football is supposed to be that there is continuity behind all coaching appointments and that behind the scenes of the first team there is work being done on the foundations and infrastructure of the club as a whole.

Spin that roulette wheel one more time.
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 12:51 - Jan 17 with 3149 viewsBushman

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 20:12 - Jan 16 by barbicanranger

I thought the ferdinand appointment was Harry adding another one of his lackeys to the wage bill, I must have missed something, but it looks like (for me anyway) out of the blue we may have got the guy we have all wanted and felt the club has needed for a while - a rangers man, a football man, a guy who reports direct to the board but does not manage the team more manages the club as a whole. That was the most pleasing thing for me reading that, I hope that is the case and ferdinand can be successful, enjoys the roll and sticks around (cause boy do we need some stability).

And also someone with no proven track record as a premier league manager(Sherwood)
[Post edited 17 Jan 2015 12:54]

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 12:59 - Jan 19 with 3000 viewspaulparker

I wonder how this will play out now Harry is here for the foreseeable, cant see Sir Les being to chuffed with todays news

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 13:09 - Jan 19 with 2965 viewsdanehoop

Depends what the actual conversation has been. If it has been that we cant afford to pay off bagpuss and bring in someone else, so we'll let it run to end of the season when contract expires, then not an issue. Also quite clear from the TF statement is that committment is until the end of the season only. All talk about long term and contract extensions (real or imaginary) have dropped.

One suspects that there is already a plan on longer term being worked up with candidates in mind depending on where we end up next season. Assuming we go down (which is currently looking most likely) it seems improbable that tactics Tim will be interested anyway given his clear dislike of doing any role beneath his perceived ability. So that probably brings a different cast for the recruitment, especially if we face some kind of sanction from the League (which will be no where near £50M) as funds will be much tighter. If we stay up, then there is likely to be a more interesting cast list we might consider. Either way though, it looks as if Redknapps days are now limited to the end of the season at best.

Never knowingly understood

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 13:14 - Jan 19 with 2940 viewsShotKneesHoop

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 13:09 - Jan 19 by danehoop

Depends what the actual conversation has been. If it has been that we cant afford to pay off bagpuss and bring in someone else, so we'll let it run to end of the season when contract expires, then not an issue. Also quite clear from the TF statement is that committment is until the end of the season only. All talk about long term and contract extensions (real or imaginary) have dropped.

One suspects that there is already a plan on longer term being worked up with candidates in mind depending on where we end up next season. Assuming we go down (which is currently looking most likely) it seems improbable that tactics Tim will be interested anyway given his clear dislike of doing any role beneath his perceived ability. So that probably brings a different cast for the recruitment, especially if we face some kind of sanction from the League (which will be no where near £50M) as funds will be much tighter. If we stay up, then there is likely to be a more interesting cast list we might consider. Either way though, it looks as if Redknapps days are now limited to the end of the season at best.

I just hope you're right.

Maybe our Tone is starting to make good decisions at last

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 13:26 - Jan 19 with 2900 viewsbaz_qpr

I suspect there is probably some truth in the Crouch story this morning and that in order to complete a couple of transfers they need stability. Truth is, it is 2-3 weeks to late now, so they have to ride it out, I dont think he will be here beyond the summer. And (its a big and) if he is remotely sensible, now might be the time to retire off Jordan and bring in a fresh coach just to modernise and freshen things up a bit with a bit of youth and vitality in the coaching set up
[Post edited 19 Jan 2015 13:28]
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 14:00 - Jan 19 with 2822 viewsdodge_stoke_r

I have no idea who Dave McIntyer is. But following this morning anouncment by Tony Fernandes. It would appear that his finger isn't quite on the pulse after all.
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 14:24 - Jan 19 with 2752 viewsWilloW4

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 14:00 - Jan 19 by dodge_stoke_r

I have no idea who Dave McIntyer is. But following this morning anouncment by Tony Fernandes. It would appear that his finger isn't quite on the pulse after all.

Absolutely mate... Those in the know, don't know much!!!
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 14:29 - Jan 19 with 2735 viewsTheBlob

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 14:00 - Jan 19 by dodge_stoke_r

Maybe it's because we haven't got a pulse.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 14:30 - Jan 19 with 2733 viewssimmo

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 14:29 - Jan 19 by TheBlob

Maybe it's because we haven't got a pulse.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 14:57 - Jan 19 with 2662 viewsingeminate

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 14:30 - Jan 19 by simmo

Been told first hand by someone involved in the set up that Les doesn't rate Harry - seemed to think he was being proactive in getting that view across to Beard as well.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 15:10 - Jan 19 with 2622 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 14:24 - Jan 19 by WilloW4

Absolutely mate... Those in the know, don't know much!!!

I think this is the only line that matters from that article:

"That said, Redknapp still has a good relationship with chairman Tony Fernandes, who does not want to sack him."
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 15:29 - Jan 19 with 2574 viewsbosh67

I imagine Sir Les will possibly bide his time until the end of the season now and then throw his hat in the ring.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:01 - Jan 19 with 2533 viewsrobith

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 15:29 - Jan 19 by bosh67

I imagine Sir Les will possibly bide his time until the end of the season now and then throw his hat in the ring.

Really? He's seemed pretty keen on this particular role rather than a top job
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:30 - Jan 19 with 2484 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 14:57 - Jan 19 by ingeminate

Been told first hand by someone involved in the set up that Les doesn't rate Harry - seemed to think he was being proactive in getting that view across to Beard as well.

If Ferdinand and Redknapp are such polar opposites and Ferdinand either doesn't rate/ get on with Redknapp. Then why did he take the job?
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 17:17 - Jan 19 with 2431 viewsdeanslanehoop

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 16:32 - Jan 16 by stuabd

I did hear some things a year back or so when Les was working out here regularly for Abu Dhabi TV. A couple of the people that I know who played golf with him were Spurs fans and Les's opinion of Harry's time there and his managerial skills was far from complimentary.

a mate of mine bumped into Les at a petrol station a couple of months back. He's a Spurs fan so got chatting with him and he was slagging off Rednapp big time
Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 17:25 - Jan 19 with 2416 viewsAndyB

Ferdinand/Redknapp Stand-Off on 17:17 - Jan 19 by deanslanehoop

a mate of mine bumped into Les at a petrol station a couple of months back. He's a Spurs fan so got chatting with him and he was slagging off Rednapp big time

If this post doesn't win a Pulitzer Prize then the world truly has gone mad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024