Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Green one of our best ever keepers? 00:28 - Feb 14 with 12356 viewsWindsorHoopMan

Phil Parkes
Dave seaman
Rob green
[Post edited 14 Feb 2015 0:29]
Green one of our best ever keepers? on 00:33 - Feb 14 with 7915 viewsHanwellHoop

You've forgotten to invite Paddy Kenny to this party

I also liked Tony Roberts but not so sure he was that great.
Green one of our best ever keepers? on 00:35 - Feb 14 with 7907 viewsWindsorHoopMan

paddy is definitely in there as he was in a promotion team
Green one of our best ever keepers? on 00:37 - Feb 14 with 7905 viewsqueensparker

In my time since early 80s I'd only add Jan Stejskal to that list.

Greeno kept the captain of Brazil out of the team, no mean feat

(on Jan, this is from his Wikipedia entry, which sounds very much like he wrote it himself: "Stejskal was a very tall commanding goalkeeper with a sound trade, but his language problem let him down from time to time. His QPR days were marred by this but he will still go down in history as one of the best keepers QPR ever had.")
[Post edited 14 Feb 2015 0:45]
Green one of our best ever keepers? on 00:39 - Feb 14 with 7900 viewsPunteR

Hucker?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Green one of our best ever keepers? on 00:43 - Feb 14 with 7889 viewsWindsorHoopMan

I liked Jan, but didn't he always boot it out for a throw or barely make the half way line with his kicks or was that Roberts?
Green one of our best ever keepers? on 00:45 - Feb 14 with 7886 viewsHanwellHoop

Green one of our best ever keepers? on 00:37 - Feb 14 by queensparker

In my time since early 80s I'd only add Jan Stejskal to that list.

Greeno kept the captain of Brazil out of the team, no mean feat

(on Jan, this is from his Wikipedia entry, which sounds very much like he wrote it himself: "Stejskal was a very tall commanding goalkeeper with a sound trade, but his language problem let him down from time to time. His QPR days were marred by this but he will still go down in history as one of the best keepers QPR ever had.")
[Post edited 14 Feb 2015 0:45]

Yeah agree, was gonna add Jan as well but couldn't be arsed to try and spell his name.
Green one of our best ever keepers? on 00:51 - Feb 14 with 7872 viewsWindsorHoopMan

I've just had a check up on the history and to be honest the only other one I cound come up with was Chis Day. We haven't really been blessed with too many greats
Green one of our best ever keepers? on 00:51 - Feb 14 with 7871 viewsToast_R

Lets have it right, Tony Roberts was possible one of the w@nkiest goalkeepers to have graced the Premiership...and he kept Jan Stejskal out the team for a while...

Ludo Miklosko...Average liked a clanger once in a while
Lee Harper... Average terrible defence infront of him
Chris Day...Decent in League 1 but iffy above
Fraser Digby...Christ those were dark days
Simon Royce...Above Average actually I liked him
Cerny... Class on his day but wildly inconsistent
Paddy Kenny... Class in the Championship, reasonable in the Prem
Rob Green... If he were a boxer you'd say he was world class but has a glass jaw
Cesar...Over rated, over paid and over the top. Played well at home to Chelsea though
Login to get fewer ads

Green one of our best ever keepers? on 00:54 - Feb 14 with 7863 viewsPommyhoop

Green one of our best ever keepers? on 00:51 - Feb 14 by WindsorHoopMan

I've just had a check up on the history and to be honest the only other one I cound come up with was Chis Day. We haven't really been blessed with too many greats

Another Chris..Woods..
Had a decent career after we sold him.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Green one of our best ever keepers? on 01:05 - Feb 14 with 7849 viewsWindsorHoopMan

Chris Woods? When was that?
Green one of our best ever keepers? on 01:06 - Feb 14 with 7847 viewsVancouverHoop

Ron Springett would have to be on the list. Though there's probably few left who remember his QPR days.

(I don't, but I remember him as England's first choice, and Wednesday's of course.)
Green one of our best ever keepers? on 01:08 - Feb 14 with 7844 viewsGetMeRangers

Wasnt the best but loved Chris 'Budgie' Burridge. Mad as a hatter. One save at Charlton away is one of the best I have ever seen. Seemed to change direction of dive mid flow and kept out a certain goal

Hucker and Woods need to be on that list
Green one of our best ever keepers? on 01:09 - Feb 14 with 7839 viewsBluce_Ree

For sure everyone needs to give King Green respect actively due.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Green one of our best ever keepers? on 01:11 - Feb 14 with 7836 viewsWindsorHoopMan

Bucket on the plastic pitch grabbing the back of the net and sticking his tongue out to the loft
Green one of our best ever keepers? on 01:13 - Feb 14 with 7836 viewsJuzzie

So apart from Phil Parkes, Peter Hucker, David Seaman, Ludo Miklosko, Lee Harper, Chris Day, Fraser Digby, Simon Royce, Radek Cerny, Paddy Kenny, Julio Cesar and
Rob Green.... what have these goalies ever done for us?!
Green one of our best ever keepers? on 01:15 - Feb 14 with 7832 viewsconnell10

green couldnt lace big phils boots!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Green one of our best ever keepers? on 01:32 - Feb 14 with 7818 viewsWindsorHoopMan

In my 30 years I have to say Seaman then Green
Green one of our best ever keepers? on 02:03 - Feb 14 with 7804 viewsSonofNorfolt

Rangers have held the World record three times for transfer fees received for goalies.
Parkes, Seaman and Reg Allen, ex Commando and POW, and by all accounts brilliant, brave and mad.
Ron Springett, another one of ours, was England's first choice keeper in Chile '62, and Gordon Banks only got his chance in '66 because Ron got injured and the rest is history.
Looking back I'm not really sure what happened to Peter Hucker, he seemed to lose his way and was gone.
Stejskal was decent without being spectacular, then forward to Chris Day who loved it here, and Lee Camp a bit. Royce was decent but a bit unlucky with injuries.
Paddy Kenny surprised us all, better than we had ever imagined, and to Rob Green who will be remembered nationwide for one error in Rustenburg but for us has been more than adequate.
Ademola Bankole anyone?
Green one of our best ever keepers? on 02:14 - Feb 14 with 7793 viewsloftinoz

Wasn't Budgie's name John?
[Post edited 14 Feb 2015 2:15]
Green one of our best ever keepers? on 02:15 - Feb 14 with 7787 viewsSonofNorfolt

Green one of our best ever keepers? on 02:14 - Feb 14 by loftinoz

Yes.
Green one of our best ever keepers? on 04:48 - Feb 14 with 7720 views18StoneOfHoop

Greeno has made some utterly brilliant saves this season but by billio, his distribution gives me the collywobbles.

The entertainer:

Budgie had a refreshingly different attitude to Winston Bogarde,Joseph Bosingwa or SWP too.

One of the best fooball novels ever written is about a goalie.
'Goalkeepers are different' written 40 years ago by W11 dwelling Sunday Times chief football writer for many years Brian Glanville:
http://books.google.co.uk/books/about/Goalkeepers_Are_Different.html?id=K-1eAQAA

Nutty German keepers in 1971 arthouse films directed by Wim Wenders are definitely different:

I won't mention Sylvester Stallone ..
[Post edited 14 Feb 2015 5:01]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Green one of our best ever keepers? on 08:08 - Feb 14 with 7602 viewspaulparker

Green is ok but always has a clanger in him waiting to happen, would have him in the top 10 but not above these
Parkes
Seamen
Stejskal
Springett
Hucker
Day
Kenny
Green
Camp
Burridge
As for stejskal someone said he couldn't throw the ball ??
his throws could get to the half way line , his throwing was better than some goalkeepers kicking

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Green one of our best ever keepers? on 08:28 - Feb 14 with 7573 viewsisawqpratwcity

Spare a thought for Pete Springett. Ron's younger brother.

He played four seasons for us including the superb 66-67 team.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Green one of our best ever keepers? on 09:17 - Feb 14 with 7512 viewsGetMeRangers

Green one of our best ever keepers? on 02:14 - Feb 14 by loftinoz

no idea why I wrote Chris
Was always Budgie to me and singing the song on the terraces. Paddy Kenny was of the same mad hatter mould.
Why did so many great keepers play for us? Superb scouting, or through plenty of shot stopping practise... fear it is the later!
Green one of our best ever keepers? on 10:02 - Feb 14 with 7454 viewsTheBlob

I liked Jurgen Sommer a lot.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024