Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tony gale ssn - Austin 11:40 - Aug 6 with 6989 viewsAJB0105

Tony says Charlie worth £8-10M as he is not the finished article as he cannot play the lone man upfront. He thinks we will be lucky to get the £15M we are holding out for, rumours that Spurs are prepared to pay the £15M so it makes me wonder what planet Tony is ok?
tony gale ssn - Austin on 13:38 - Aug 6 with 1884 viewswombat

tony gale ssn - Austin on 13:12 - Aug 6 by THEBUSH

Think Spurs paid around 30 million for Roberto Soldado, he can't score in the Premiership for love nor money.
Paying 15 million for Charlie Austin who has proved he can score in the Premiership, don't seem such a bad deal

anyone reckon if phil beard was still in charge charlie would have gone by now , prob for a bad of cough sweets and a old sock ?
we ned to set a dead line and say thats it deal by this date or feck off until jan !

Poll: which is your favouite foot

tony gale ssn - Austin on 13:40 - Aug 6 with 1880 viewswelwynranger

tony gale ssn - Austin on 13:29 - Aug 6 by Northernr

Or put another way why pay £15m today when you can pay £12m in a fortnight? Why give him £80k a week now when he'd probably bit your hand off for £45k in a fortnight? We're only talking about two or three matches at the start of the season, they'll just wait.

Lets hope he plays 5 games ,scores. 5 goals then get injured
tony gale ssn - Austin on 13:42 - Aug 6 with 1876 viewsQPRski

Or put another way why pay £15m today when you can pay £12m in a fortnight? Why give him £80k a week now when he'd probably bit your hand off for £45k in a fortnight? We're only talking about two or three matches at the start of the season, they'll just wait.

You are correct that this is the proces that is obviously currently ongoing.

It is a form of brinksmanship with financial rewards, but the possibility of some potential football "guzumping" between the big cash rich clubs (Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, etc) come transfer dead-line day.

That is why I am suprised that a more modest Premiership club (eg Newcastle or West Ham) have not made an ealier move to catch their prey.

As you say, let's wait and watch the show (or is it as "saga"?)
tony gale ssn - Austin on 13:47 - Aug 6 with 1853 viewsThGrimRanger

I would agree if he's being picky on what clubs he'll agree to join and that's common knowledge to possible big club suitors.

...otherwise i don't get why a west brom, palace, west ham wouldnt meet QPRs and his demands rather than risk losing him to someone bigger (a spurs, chelsea or newcastle).

£15 million and £75K in the post-new- premiership-deal world seems very fair to me

...i hasten to add not in the real world of course !

TheGrimRanger

tony gale ssn - Austin on 13:50 - Aug 6 with 1843 viewsJonDoeman

tony gale ssn - Austin on 13:40 - Aug 6 by welwynranger

Lets hope he plays 5 games ,scores. 5 goals then get injured

Nah, I hope he gets a good move to a decent prem club & we get a fair whack for him, be a disaster for him & us if an injury fcked his move.

It Is What It Is !!

tony gale ssn - Austin on 13:51 - Aug 6 with 1841 viewsbosh67

I think Clive is right. We will lose Charlie 3 weeks into the season. There is an issue though that seems to be being overlooked and that is... would Charlie pass a medical anywhere else?

He failed a medical at Hull and he has an ongoing shoulder issue that we all know about. So we could agree a £15m price and then he fails the medical!

I totally see what everyone is saying about Charlie's value against other seemingly lesser or equal players. My own feeling is that there is a deal to be done if he does go and that would be £12m plus a 15% share of any sell on fee. That would get us around £15m in total.

Charlie is a natural goal scorer and a fantastic professional but I have a bad feeling that he may well fail a medical elsewhere given the premiership tests these players undergo. I think this may happen and the fall out is two fold. One, he sees out his contract and takes pot luck next season if we don't go up or secondly, he signs a new contract here and we go for the Prem again with him and he then is a Prem player again.

We could well see Charlie being put off his stride for a few weeks here but there is no guarantee he will pass a medical anywhere else in the Prem.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

tony gale ssn - Austin on 14:22 - Aug 6 with 1770 viewsfakekerby

IF we do lose him at the end of the month I hope he focuses on us for 4-5 games where his goals will be important.

Rather than fake injuries to secure his move I hope he works his b0llocks off and bags 4-5 goals to prove to others he is worth 15 mil.
tony gale ssn - Austin on 15:37 - Aug 6 with 1683 viewsdubaistu

Clyne 12.5m (Valencia had better stats that him last year)
Cech - 10m how old 34?
James Chester - 8m (I mean really?)

He's 15m at least and tell anyone who doesn't meet that price to do one.
Login to get fewer ads

tony gale ssn - Austin on 18:05 - Aug 6 with 1609 viewsLazyFan

I find it odd that someone would say he is worth less than £12m when it has been officially stated we rejected Leicester bid for him for that amount.

What the guy is really saying is as he is a West Ham fan and he does not like Austin as a player, he is hoping Wet Spam do not buy him as maybe the case.

I also think the real reason Austin has not gone is not the sale price but the wages he would ask. Rumour has it he is on £40k per week and that the deal last season QPR offered, that he did not sign was on £60K per week.

Combine that with the rumour that teams like Newcastle have a wage limit of £45k per week and you can see when we offered Remy £70k per week we can get these players ahead of bigger teams like Newcastle.

So, basically the price is okay but the buyers know the wages will be a problem. If Austin turned around and said pay me £60k a week and I will stay, we would probably risk it. However in the meantime he can hold out for a club that will and get a move back to the Prem. That is if a club comes in for him.

His wages ask may drop to £45k per week in Jan. But why sign that contract now at that wage, when you can possibly get it from QPR or others on a 3 year deal at £60k in the next few weeks?

Also please note that I do see that Austin is greedy it is just the market as it is.

zzzzzzzzzz

tony gale ssn - Austin on 18:31 - Aug 6 with 1570 viewsSpiritofGregory

tony gale ssn - Austin on 18:05 - Aug 6 by LazyFan

I find it odd that someone would say he is worth less than £12m when it has been officially stated we rejected Leicester bid for him for that amount.

What the guy is really saying is as he is a West Ham fan and he does not like Austin as a player, he is hoping Wet Spam do not buy him as maybe the case.

I also think the real reason Austin has not gone is not the sale price but the wages he would ask. Rumour has it he is on £40k per week and that the deal last season QPR offered, that he did not sign was on £60K per week.

Combine that with the rumour that teams like Newcastle have a wage limit of £45k per week and you can see when we offered Remy £70k per week we can get these players ahead of bigger teams like Newcastle.

So, basically the price is okay but the buyers know the wages will be a problem. If Austin turned around and said pay me £60k a week and I will stay, we would probably risk it. However in the meantime he can hold out for a club that will and get a move back to the Prem. That is if a club comes in for him.

His wages ask may drop to £45k per week in Jan. But why sign that contract now at that wage, when you can possibly get it from QPR or others on a 3 year deal at £60k in the next few weeks?

Also please note that I do see that Austin is greedy it is just the market as it is.

Of course he is greedy, we'd all want a mega salary if we could get it, some players in the Premier League are on 200k a week. Footballers want to have an easy life after their careers are over they don't want to be like the rest of us.
tony gale ssn - Austin on 18:41 - Aug 6 with 1548 viewsjamois

I'll wager he's being used by Levy in negotiations elsewhere. He won't go to Spurs, not the sort of player they need. They need someone pacier.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

tony gale ssn - Austin on 19:29 - Aug 6 with 1484 viewsPBLOCK

tony gale ssn - Austin on 18:05 - Aug 6 by LazyFan

I would be gob smacked if Charlie is on 40 large a week. I know we have paid out money on contracts but lets not forget 4 years before we got hold of him he was a Brickie. After the goals and increases he got between Swindon , Burnley and us I reckon he's probably on about 25 ish give or take I think Rangers offered him maybe a double your money and perhaps a bit more

I think so far the clubs that have been linked he sees as swapping like for like I.e Bournemouth Leicester could struggle and in 12 months he could be in the same position.

I think he fancies a move to a 'bigger' club. If one of those isn't forthcoming I could see him sticking with us for another season. Potentially this could damage international chances but if he stayed banged in another 25 goals then he could walk for nothing. I'm sure a lot of clubs would be interested in a striker like him see Danny Ings going to Liverpool

Is he worth £15 mill well in the current market it's probably about right I mean Christ Connor Wickham has just gone for 9 mill which makes me worth 10 of anyone's money!!.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024