Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale fifth in the league. 09:47 - Aug 15 with 5940 viewsmingthemerciless

According to Government statistics Rochdale is fifth in the league when it comes to housing asylum seekers. This is more than the whole of the South East of England. Only Glasgow, Liverpool, Birmingham and Cardiff have housed more.

The Home Secretary, Mrs May's constituency of Maidenhead has housed four . Our Prime Minster, Mr Cameron's constituency of West Oxfordshire has housed none since 2008.

Any Tory apologists like to comment of the fairness of this policy ?
Rochdale fifth in the league. on 09:56 - Aug 15 with 4118 viewsnordenblue

I mentioned this months ago on here and was labelled a racist and informed how much they add to the diversity of the town and the economy.
The strain on the nhs and the housing is enormous while most of them are unemployable,but lets just keep turning a blind eye to it and keep them coming
Rochdale fifth in the league. on 10:03 - Aug 15 with 4090 viewsColDale

Whisper it quietly, but what this town needs is to become a Tory / Labour marginal seat. Until that day happens. it will never be a priority for any sitting government. Had the Tory government been elected as a result of a Tory winning Rochdale, you could be damn sure that there'd be sufficient investment in the town over the next five years to ensure it remained a Tory seat. (and vica versa)
Rochdale fifth in the league. (n/t) on 10:04 - Aug 15 with 4027 viewsSandyman

[Post edited 15 Aug 2015 10:05]
Rochdale fifth in the league. on 10:05 - Aug 15 with 3976 viewsSandyman

Rochdale fifth in the league. on 09:56 - Aug 15 by nordenblue

I mentioned this months ago on here and was labelled a racist and informed how much they add to the diversity of the town and the economy.
The strain on the nhs and the housing is enormous while most of them are unemployable,but lets just keep turning a blind eye to it and keep them coming

...but not into the constituencies of Tory ministers which was the original point.
Rochdale fifth in the league. on 10:08 - Aug 15 with 3967 viewsmingthemerciless

I'm getting on a bit but I couldn't tell you the last time Rochdale had a Tory MP, or even a credible candidate for that matter.. It's never going to happen Col.

I'm definitely not a racist but I'm just pointing out the un fairness of this Tory Government. Cameron was sounding off this morning about this very subject. I thought "what's he worrying about, it doesn't effect him or his electorate in the slightest ".
Rochdale fifth in the league. on 10:21 - Aug 15 with 3934 viewsPassmondsBlue

Looks to me like vote winning by the Labour council, let as many people in as you can and get the feedback "what good people they are who run Rochdale town, they give you EVERYTHING free. I'll vote for them"
You don't get this in the South East of England or West Oxfordshire because the running councils support and value their pepole

Poll: Do yoy think sweetcorn is an idiot

Rochdale fifth in the league. on 10:29 - Aug 15 with 3898 viewsD_Alien

Rochdale fifth in the league. on 10:08 - Aug 15 by mingthemerciless

I'm getting on a bit but I couldn't tell you the last time Rochdale had a Tory MP, or even a credible candidate for that matter.. It's never going to happen Col.

I'm definitely not a racist but I'm just pointing out the un fairness of this Tory Government. Cameron was sounding off this morning about this very subject. I thought "what's he worrying about, it doesn't effect him or his electorate in the slightest ".

So on the one hand you're condemning Cameron for trying to make our borders more secure - after they were flung wide open by the Labour administrations from 1997-2010 - and then getting annoyed because migrants don't want to settle into smallish village-type communities where they'd stand out like a sore thumb?

This has got nothing to do with Tory unfairness, and everything to do with the stupidity of Labour who thought migrants would be natural Labour voters.

Next question?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rochdale fifth in the league. on 10:54 - Aug 15 with 3804 viewsmingthemerciless

How many asylum seekers will be living in the Prime Ministers constituency in 2018 ?
Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale fifth in the league. on 11:00 - Aug 15 with 3779 viewsPassmondsBlue

Rochdale fifth in the league. on 10:54 - Aug 15 by mingthemerciless

How many asylum seekers will be living in the Prime Ministers constituency in 2018 ?

What score will it be at Blackpool today?
Who will score our next goal? (could be any of our stars)
What position will we be at the end of the season?
What are tonight's lottery numbers?

Stupid question, lets get back to this being a football site

Poll: Do yoy think sweetcorn is an idiot

Rochdale fifth in the league. on 11:15 - Aug 15 with 3730 viewsisitme

The simple, non political answer is that housing is cheaper in Rochdale and the council is prepared to take the money allocated for having them. Possibly there is also a greater availability of council housing for them in Rochdale compared to other areas.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2015 11:15]
Rochdale fifth in the league. on 11:23 - Aug 15 with 3700 viewsisitme

Rochdale fifth in the league. on 10:03 - Aug 15 by ColDale

Whisper it quietly, but what this town needs is to become a Tory / Labour marginal seat. Until that day happens. it will never be a priority for any sitting government. Had the Tory government been elected as a result of a Tory winning Rochdale, you could be damn sure that there'd be sufficient investment in the town over the next five years to ensure it remained a Tory seat. (and vica versa)

It is not about just pouring money into a town, it is also about vision and how it is used. Under the last Labour government the town had lots of funding.

I agree about marginal seats but think the focus should be the council variety. Virtually all council seats are safe which doesn't always return hungry councillors who can make a difference. Also there is too much nepotism regarding spending being diverted to specific areas and elements of our town, often in return for block votes.
Rochdale fifth in the league. on 11:24 - Aug 15 with 3695 views49thseason

I think its more to do with the amount of council housing in the Borough. After WW2, Rochdale had one of the highest rates of council house building in the country which enabled the demolition of lots of back to back houses. The plan was to provide better housing for factory workers, the unintended consequence was that we now have available housing for which the Government pays the council to house asylum seekers. Unfortunately the payments do no include additional money for teachers, doctors, social workers, etc etc.
We also have nearly 50 childrens homes with kids arriving here from all over the country. Childrens services are overwhelmed, schools dont know who will turn up next. Meanwhile Ofsted is threatening local schools for not producing the required standardsrds. As council tenants buy their houses, the council will need to build more social housing and the problems will exacerbate.
Rochdale fifth in the league. on 11:28 - Aug 15 with 3679 views49thseason

Rochdale fifth in the league. on 11:23 - Aug 15 by isitme

It is not about just pouring money into a town, it is also about vision and how it is used. Under the last Labour government the town had lots of funding.

I agree about marginal seats but think the focus should be the council variety. Virtually all council seats are safe which doesn't always return hungry councillors who can make a difference. Also there is too much nepotism regarding spending being diverted to specific areas and elements of our town, often in return for block votes.

Under the last Labour Government everybody had more money spent on them, the problem being that it was all borrowed
Rochdale fifth in the league. on 11:36 - Aug 15 with 3652 viewsnordenblue

Rochdale fifth in the league. on 10:05 - Aug 15 by Sandyman

...but not into the constituencies of Tory ministers which was the original point.

My answer is what currently relates to the borough of Rochdale regardless of political opinion tbf,its always been the case what happens down south has no correlation to up here anyway whatever party you choose.
Rochdale fifth in the league. on 11:44 - Aug 15 with 3636 viewsmingthemerciless

Yeah it's not all bad news. According to todays paper " Tories' election victory put's the heat under " Aga " sales ". I wonder how many were sold in Rochdale ?
Rochdale fifth in the league. on 12:11 - Aug 15 with 3574 viewsYorkshire_Dale

The Labour Party positively encouraged the mass immigration seen in the last decades.....but multi-culturalism is a dream! We don't mix and never will. The Council love the loot for re-housing them all.

When I walk down Drake Street from the Station on match days I might as well be in down town Bierut! But it great to see the Christian Science Reading room is still there between the cut-price bed shop and the Polski Sklep!
Rochdale fifth in the league. on 12:23 - Aug 15 with 3543 viewsmingthemerciless

This lot have been in power for over five years now. When do they get to be responsible for this situation ?
Rochdale fifth in the league. on 12:39 - Aug 15 with 3511 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Rochdale fifth in the league. on 12:23 - Aug 15 by mingthemerciless

This lot have been in power for over five years now. When do they get to be responsible for this situation ?

Agree........Cameron is a big drip. Needs to grow a pair and tell the World,not just the EU that UK has done it's bit and is full up for now. He also needs to re-visit our Benefits culture which entices the immigrants into UK (and YOU would want to come over too, it is Dreamland)
Rochdale fifth in the league. on 12:42 - Aug 15 with 3506 viewsBobbyjoe

Perhaps a quick look round the stand at your fellow Dale fans during the next game. Are they all of Anglo-Saxon stock going back to the Domesday Book? Admittedly, they probably look like it.
Rochdale fifth in the league. on 13:31 - Aug 15 with 3415 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Rochdale fifth in the league. on 12:42 - Aug 15 by Bobbyjoe

Perhaps a quick look round the stand at your fellow Dale fans during the next game. Are they all of Anglo-Saxon stock going back to the Domesday Book? Admittedly, they probably look like it.

Yep.......pretty sure they all are near me. Lanky folk the lot.
Rochdale fifth in the league. on 13:34 - Aug 15 with 3400 viewsNigeriamark

Not sure if it is the tories fault as the local council must have something to do with it, but is it fair? no not at all. For any immigration policy to work it has to be a win-win situation: Something in it for those arriving and something in it for the local community. Integration is difficult enough but putting large numbers of immigrants in a town with limited job opportunities seems to be lose-lose ( let's face it Rochdale probably wasn't first prize for many of those arriving here - esp those who would actually prefer work to benefits)

Overall I am pro immigration if it is legal and controlled. Controls on the total number, and priority to those who have resource, skills or qualifications we need ( and therefore live where there is a shortage

For a country that has welcomed immigrants for generations under both Labour and Tories, how come immigration and it implementation is still such a shambles?
Rochdale fifth in the league. on 14:40 - Aug 15 with 3275 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Rochdale fifth in the league. on 13:34 - Aug 15 by Nigeriamark

Not sure if it is the tories fault as the local council must have something to do with it, but is it fair? no not at all. For any immigration policy to work it has to be a win-win situation: Something in it for those arriving and something in it for the local community. Integration is difficult enough but putting large numbers of immigrants in a town with limited job opportunities seems to be lose-lose ( let's face it Rochdale probably wasn't first prize for many of those arriving here - esp those who would actually prefer work to benefits)

Overall I am pro immigration if it is legal and controlled. Controls on the total number, and priority to those who have resource, skills or qualifications we need ( and therefore live where there is a shortage

For a country that has welcomed immigrants for generations under both Labour and Tories, how come immigration and it implementation is still such a shambles?

Your 2nd paragraph is most pertinant NM........Australia have this off to a tee.Filter out the riff raff and anyone with any sort of criminal record and let the few that are left apply to enter the UK with strict limitations.

Agree that the present situation is like pouring petrol on a fire..........there may be trouble ahead.
Rochdale fifth in the league. on 15:53 - Aug 15 with 3205 viewsdownunder

Rochdale fifth in the league. on 14:40 - Aug 15 by Yorkshire_Dale

Your 2nd paragraph is most pertinant NM........Australia have this off to a tee.Filter out the riff raff and anyone with any sort of criminal record and let the few that are left apply to enter the UK with strict limitations.

Agree that the present situation is like pouring petrol on a fire..........there may be trouble ahead.

From what I have been informed, and I work with Immigration here, the hardest countries to obtain a work visa are North Korea, NZ, Australia and Canada, in that order.(NK is a special case, but the other 3 insist on points gained by skills, qualifications, having a job lined up, clean police record, medical, which includes a drug check, and being able to speak the language.)
Noticed today on social media, that 2 million EU migrants now work in the UK, which is one sixth of the workforce. I do not have exact figures but that means 12 million taxpayers are "supporting" approximately 50 million others.
Which probably explains the mounting debt.
There will be trouble ahead. Especially if, going of the statements of the candidates for Labour leadership, they win the next election.
Rochdale fifth in the league. on 16:01 - Aug 15 with 3174 views1mark1

Rochdale fifth in the league. on 10:21 - Aug 15 by PassmondsBlue

Looks to me like vote winning by the Labour council, let as many people in as you can and get the feedback "what good people they are who run Rochdale town, they give you EVERYTHING free. I'll vote for them"
You don't get this in the South East of England or West Oxfordshire because the running councils support and value their pepole

Asylum seekers don't get to vote though. It's the government that decide where asylum seekers are located to.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Rochdale fifth in the league. on 16:17 - Aug 15 with 3149 views1mark1

Rochdale fifth in the league. on 10:29 - Aug 15 by D_Alien

So on the one hand you're condemning Cameron for trying to make our borders more secure - after they were flung wide open by the Labour administrations from 1997-2010 - and then getting annoyed because migrants don't want to settle into smallish village-type communities where they'd stand out like a sore thumb?

This has got nothing to do with Tory unfairness, and everything to do with the stupidity of Labour who thought migrants would be natural Labour voters.

Next question?

There was plenty of immigration happening prior to 1997, and indeed it was THATCHER who signed up to the agreements that led to migration freedom of movement within EU countries. The mistake the last Lab government made, was to underestimate, the numbers that would be coming in, so therefore failing to ensure enough, housing, hospitals, schools and other infrastructure to be built. This failing been carried on by the Tory governments. Also the Lab and Tory governments could and should have levied an higher minimum enforceable minimum wage, to stop the problems of undercutting of wages that lead to the problems faced by workers.

However this is about asylum seekers, which is a totally different issue, and it is the government that decides where they go to, not the local authority. Again the problems arise because the central government don't give the extra resources and help needed by the local authorities, when they are required to take in asylum seekers. So yes it is the governments fault, they are not building the infrastructure required.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024