Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
next manager... 22:15 - Nov 3 with 36401 viewsGloucs_R

Who do we want that is realistic?

Poll: Are we staying up?

next manager... on 23:09 - Nov 3 with 2812 viewsBklynRanger

Somebody really foreign and a bit violent, possibly Egyptian. Hummus and headbutts, that's what we need at this moment.
next manager... on 23:11 - Nov 3 with 2805 viewsqprewan

Ian Holloway
next manager... on 23:11 - Nov 3 with 2803 viewsbaz_qpr

If you want to look at someone who took a club of similar size in the doldrums promoted them through two leagues whilst bringing the right sort you would be looking at a Paul Lambert.

Adkins, Warnock, Mcdermott would all make a difference and have promoted clubs out of this division.I'd take any of those ahead of Sherwood
next manager... on 23:12 - Nov 3 with 2781 viewsWilloW4

next manager... on 23:09 - Nov 3 by BklynRanger

Somebody really foreign and a bit violent, possibly Egyptian. Hummus and headbutts, that's what we need at this moment.

'Hummus and headbutts'...sounds like a play by Alan bleadsdale.
next manager... on 23:14 - Nov 3 with 2774 viewssevenhoop

next manager... on 22:28 - Nov 3 by danehoop

Chris Ramsay.

you seriously cannot have seen any of the games this season?
next manager... on 23:16 - Nov 3 with 2758 viewsbaz_qpr

next manager... on 23:08 - Nov 3 by Pommyhoop

Agree with this..
Same old QPR roundabout.
So, do you all think that a new manager is seriously going to get us into the Prem straight away?
We ain't going down ,no way.Give Chris a season,stick to the original remit and then get rid at the end of the season if we need to. At the very least it will give a minute message to any possible future manager that we are willing to give them half a season at least.

I remember the same thing being said about the rangers merry go around before Warnock was appointed
next manager... on 23:18 - Nov 3 with 2731 viewsTheBlob

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

Poll: So how was the season for you?

next manager... on 23:24 - Nov 3 with 2682 viewsScubaHoop

Paul Lambert all day long, and then that night; Olly when Lambert says no.
Login to get fewer ads

next manager... on 23:24 - Nov 3 with 2678 viewsTW_R

next manager... on 23:09 - Nov 3 by BklynRanger

Not a good idea. Once he gets boo'd after a couple of games it would make him falafel.
next manager... on 23:26 - Nov 3 with 2668 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

You can almost taste the delight in defeat because it gives an opportunity to play Manager top trumps again.
next manager... on 23:28 - Nov 3 with 2645 viewsCHUBBS

Yes i'm ecstatic,its so good to see the team i support lose after yet another inept performance.
next manager... on 23:28 - Nov 3 with 2643 viewsTheBlob

next manager... on 23:26 - Nov 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

You can almost taste the delight in defeat because it gives an opportunity to play Manager top trumps again.

Preferable to wallowing in lachrymose mediocrity.

next manager... on 23:33 - Nov 3 with 2617 viewsScubaHoop

I'm gutted Ramsey hasn't worked out but he hasn't, I don't mind losing (I support QPR after all), but it's the love affair with Henry, the shocking substitutions, the complete lack of a plan b and the fact we need to score more than two goals a game to win one. Looking at it as dispassionately as I can Chris Ramsey is still fcuking useless. Time to move on.
next manager... on 23:35 - Nov 3 with 2610 viewsPunteR

next manager... on 23:28 - Nov 3 by TheBlob

Preferable to wallowing in lachrymose mediocrity.

my dinner was like swallowing lachrymose mediocrity.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

next manager... on 23:36 - Nov 3 with 2601 viewsTheBlob

next manager... on 23:35 - Nov 3 by PunteR

my dinner was like swallowing lachrymose mediocrity.

You were warned about the mashed potato........

next manager... on 23:56 - Nov 3 with 2533 viewsAgedR

next manager... on 23:03 - Nov 3 by DejR_vu

You can't just sit on your hands and not address a problem just because it is one of several problems.

And although the act of changing the manager may be the same the circumstances and personalities are different each time, so the Insanity reference isn't relevant.

Hate to be pedantic, but, it is the act of constantly changing managers which is the same, whether it's Redknapp, Hughes, Ramsey or Ant n Bloody Dec. The structure, philosophy and strategy of the club hasn't changed in this period. The personalities and conditions surrounding manager changes are irrelevant.

Elsewhere it's been said that Warnock came in when it was a circus. It's also been mentioned that this coincided with the only period that we had a full time and engaged chairman with a plan; Bhatia.

TF has created several successful businesses. He is not going to change his approach, because he feels he is correct.

Ramsey and Les have clearly had the rug pulled from under them. They're toast.

The next appointment will, like all the appointments under TF, be designed to appeal to the fans, but, make not one iota of difference. He's long abandoned the 'new' strategy (if it ever existed) for another mad dash for cash.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 0:01]

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

next manager... on 00:19 - Nov 4 with 2501 viewsHooped_Pullie

I did say in my post of 20 May that CR would be sacked on 1 November, don't reckon I'll be very far out !

Warnock with Hill at the sharp end would (probably) steady the ship.

Holloway, Tiny Tim or Paul Lambert would be a risk, IMHO.

But…

This Club will only improve when we find the next Sean Dyche/Gary Rowett/Alex Neil or similar, young, highly intelligent coaches whose performance is so high that club strategies simply write themselves.

We can only wait.
next manager... on 00:39 - Nov 4 with 2486 viewsPommyhoop

next manager... on 23:16 - Nov 3 by baz_qpr

I remember the same thing being said about the rangers merry go around before Warnock was appointed

And before Hughes and before Redknapp.
Oh your point was that the appointment of Warnock was a success?
Well we should stick to what we have for now as according to many Warnock is pulling the strings anyway..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

next manager... on 01:01 - Nov 4 with 2469 viewsWesty75

I think it's more to do with the fact that most were pretty surprised that he got the job after the less than impressive showing last season, that nothing that has come since has suggested that it was the right decision and that there is absolutely no point in continuing down the wrong path simply because not to do so would mean sacking "another manager". Better to call it quits now and make the appointment that should have been made in the close season. Dream manager my arse.

And the sooner TF has nothing to do with decision making at the club the better. Fvcking shambles.

In some way I'm glad others are feeling the same level of apathy, i was thinking it was just me losing the feeling for it all.
next manager... on 01:03 - Nov 4 with 2468 viewsWesty75

next manager... on 23:56 - Nov 3 by AgedR

Hate to be pedantic, but, it is the act of constantly changing managers which is the same, whether it's Redknapp, Hughes, Ramsey or Ant n Bloody Dec. The structure, philosophy and strategy of the club hasn't changed in this period. The personalities and conditions surrounding manager changes are irrelevant.

Elsewhere it's been said that Warnock came in when it was a circus. It's also been mentioned that this coincided with the only period that we had a full time and engaged chairman with a plan; Bhatia.

TF has created several successful businesses. He is not going to change his approach, because he feels he is correct.

Ramsey and Les have clearly had the rug pulled from under them. They're toast.

The next appointment will, like all the appointments under TF, be designed to appeal to the fans, but, make not one iota of difference. He's long abandoned the 'new' strategy (if it ever existed) for another mad dash for cash.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 0:01]

Can't argue with that - both need to go.
next manager... on 01:25 - Nov 4 with 2432 viewsBrightonhoop

Problem runs deeper than a manager.
next manager... on 01:37 - Nov 4 with 2416 viewsTacticalR

Digital Cellinoism.

Air hostess clique

next manager... on 06:25 - Nov 4 with 2338 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

next manager... on 07:03 - Nov 4 with 2288 viewsRed_Ranger

next manager... on 22:33 - Nov 3 by Bakes

Someone who can fill the following criteria:

A) know his best team after 8 games and stick to it

B) start each game with his strongest team and not pick his subs using Harry's tombola machine, will someone please throw that f***ing thing away

C) play the players in the correct position

D) not look petrified on the sideline

E) have the players respect and not be a push over

F) not have any connection to Spurs

E) have experience managing a championship team

Anyone know a candidate who can tick all those boxes?

Sir, this is a far too sensible and rational comment. Not suitable for Loftus Road Lunatic Asylum.
next manager... on 07:23 - Nov 4 with 2263 viewsexiled_dictator

well, it's clear that the only conclusion i can make of this is that if you put 2 apr supporters in a room to decide who the next manager should be, not only would there be no actual agreement, but that three names would be discussed.

it's clear what the priorities for the club are;
- not get relegated or fight a relegation battle
- short term stability (see above)
- long term stability where we have a mixed team of senior professionals, and younger players with potential to replace those senior pros in the next few seasons
- make a serious challenge to getting either promoted or into the play-offs in the next two years. trying to push for that this year will mean two things; board will stick with cr, and we will come straight back down again
- develop a youth policy that will produce players capable of playing in the first team on a regular basis
- have a clear plan for the january window, with a plan a, b & c should charlie and/or any other senior players leave

there is no perfect answer as to who the new manager should be, but he should fill specific and certain criteria. question is does the criteria massage both the owners and the fans egos and ambitions?
would you be happy remaining mid table championship team for 3 - 5 seasons with the occasional cup run, a sniff of the play-offs, but no immediate threat of relegation?

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024