Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading match thread 04:05 - Dec 3 with 39410 viewsMatch82

By happy coincidence I'm working from home tomorrow so should be able to catch the 2pm (here) game for once. Unless my 9 month pregnant wife goes into labour...

So what better time to lose my match thread cherry. New day, new dawn, 2-0 to the real hoops, Charlie to score first.

Reading match thread on 23:11 - Dec 3 with 2760 viewsMatch82

Reading match thread on 23:03 - Dec 3 by ScubaHoop

Ned Match82 has such a lovely ring to it!

I like it. Might go for "Chief" though
Reading match thread on 23:12 - Dec 3 with 2754 viewsdaib0

All home in on the goalkeeping ....well, I got it spot on, unfortunately from my side that is!!

INTERVIEW QUESTION - Stand out performers and weak links in the current team?

David: It’s never nice to focus on the weaker points of your team but in all honesty I believe it goes in order of positions; goalkeeping perhaps is the most worrying (a few points have gone there from a blunder or two), then defence, then midfield, whilst the attacking force is the best.

LOCAL RAGS REPORT AS MUCH -

Reading Chronicle

A 90th MINUTE howler from Reading FC keeper Ali Al Habsi gifted QPR all three points in tonight's televised clash at Madejski Stadium, writes Anthony Smith.

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport/readingfc/14123167.Reading_FC_sunk_by_la

Maidenhead Advertiser

Reading 0-1 QPR: Al-Habsi howler sees Royals slip to consecutive defeats

http://www.maidenhead-advertiser.co.uk/Sport/Football/Reading-FC/Reading-0-1-QPR

Get Reading

Ali Al-Habsi howler piles more pressure on under-fire boss Steve Clarke

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/reading-fc-0-qpr-1-1054

Might be a blessing in disguise. I can't see the Thais hanging round half a season to see if it works or not!

Still, it's been a real pleasure on here this week, hope you can put up with me too!!!

Royals Rendezvous - a friendly Reading forum

Reading match thread on 23:31 - Dec 3 with 2656 viewseghamranger

Reading match thread on 23:12 - Dec 3 by daib0

All home in on the goalkeeping ....well, I got it spot on, unfortunately from my side that is!!

INTERVIEW QUESTION - Stand out performers and weak links in the current team?

David: It’s never nice to focus on the weaker points of your team but in all honesty I believe it goes in order of positions; goalkeeping perhaps is the most worrying (a few points have gone there from a blunder or two), then defence, then midfield, whilst the attacking force is the best.

LOCAL RAGS REPORT AS MUCH -

Reading Chronicle

A 90th MINUTE howler from Reading FC keeper Ali Al Habsi gifted QPR all three points in tonight's televised clash at Madejski Stadium, writes Anthony Smith.

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport/readingfc/14123167.Reading_FC_sunk_by_la

Maidenhead Advertiser

Reading 0-1 QPR: Al-Habsi howler sees Royals slip to consecutive defeats

http://www.maidenhead-advertiser.co.uk/Sport/Football/Reading-FC/Reading-0-1-QPR

Get Reading

Ali Al-Habsi howler piles more pressure on under-fire boss Steve Clarke

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/reading-fc-0-qpr-1-1054

Might be a blessing in disguise. I can't see the Thais hanging round half a season to see if it works or not!

Still, it's been a real pleasure on here this week, hope you can put up with me too!!!

Under fire boss Clarke!!! Just who to foolham then.

Have to admit, was a draw all day long, terrible keeper error, couldn't believe it went in..,, karma cos chief should have scored 5 mins before
Reading match thread on 00:23 - Dec 4 with 2560 viewsJuzzie

Last two away games;

Middlesbrough: should have been 0-0, lost to a 93rd min penalty

Reading: should have been 0-0, won 1-0 in the 90th min due mainly in part to a goalkeeping error.

Should have got 2 points, ended up with 3.

Funny old game.
Reading match thread on 01:36 - Dec 4 with 2487 viewsthemodfather

great result
clean sheet, back to back wins, both 1-0, both headers, both from faurlin corners, both in the second half with austin on the pitch
not a good game by any standard and the dire crowd on a miserable thursday evening didn't make up any difference..still sod it, we won.
Reading match thread on 07:27 - Dec 4 with 2363 viewsdavman

Reading match thread on 00:23 - Dec 4 by Juzzie

Last two away games;

Middlesbrough: should have been 0-0, lost to a 93rd min penalty

Reading: should have been 0-0, won 1-0 in the 90th min due mainly in part to a goalkeeping error.

Should have got 2 points, ended up with 3.

Funny old game.

...and that's the Championship for you. Fine margins all though the season and that will continue...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Reading match thread on 08:10 - Dec 4 with 2345 viewsNorthernr

Reading match thread on 22:06 - Dec 3 by CHUBBS

Jesus wept North we won,you sound like you'd rather we hadn't.
You were telling people off for negativity toward CR after the Bolton win yet you sound almost pissed off.
Today we never looked like conceding and done to them what Boro done to us,ok it wasn't a great performance but we showed plenty of guts and discipline.
We finally look like we're not making it up as we go along,i wish NW was staying as its beginning to feel like "that season" when we were full of heart and fight.

"you sound like you'd rather we hadn't"

Absolute total, offensive, bolox. Sadly I'm still yet to find anything that means quite as much or makes me feel quite as good as QPR winning so you can fck right off with any notion that I've ever sat through any of our games, particularly with Reading, doing anything other than desperately hoping we find a way to win it.

The game was poor, we were poor, they were even worse. They hit the bar while Green was apparently standing there thinking about something else and Hector missed two sitters so I don't buy this "they never looked like scoring" although Warnock clearly has done wonders for the defence. Onuoha missed a sitter for us then scored a goal an under 10s keeper would have saved. Am I happy? Of course. Was the game anything other than dire? Of course not.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Reading match thread on 09:31 - Dec 4 with 2254 viewsCHUBBS

Reading match thread on 08:10 - Dec 4 by Northernr

"you sound like you'd rather we hadn't"

Absolute total, offensive, bolox. Sadly I'm still yet to find anything that means quite as much or makes me feel quite as good as QPR winning so you can fck right off with any notion that I've ever sat through any of our games, particularly with Reading, doing anything other than desperately hoping we find a way to win it.

The game was poor, we were poor, they were even worse. They hit the bar while Green was apparently standing there thinking about something else and Hector missed two sitters so I don't buy this "they never looked like scoring" although Warnock clearly has done wonders for the defence. Onuoha missed a sitter for us then scored a goal an under 10s keeper would have saved. Am I happy? Of course. Was the game anything other than dire? Of course not.

Offensive???
Weren't you telling people with gripes about the performance to enjoy the win when CR was manager?
You've been inscesantly highlighting how boring the footballs been under NW yet he's had to rebuild the confidence and direction the teams going in.
It's not NW fault CR was not good enough at this level.
Yes things had previously gone pear shaped but that in no way reflects on NW who has come in and created a solid platform for JFH to work from.
I got to admit I was on a bit of a wind up with you and thought you'd play the game a bit before going for the jugular.😉
Login to get fewer ads

Reading match thread on 10:06 - Dec 4 with 2240 viewsNorthernr

Reading match thread on 09:31 - Dec 4 by CHUBBS

Offensive???
Weren't you telling people with gripes about the performance to enjoy the win when CR was manager?
You've been inscesantly highlighting how boring the footballs been under NW yet he's had to rebuild the confidence and direction the teams going in.
It's not NW fault CR was not good enough at this level.
Yes things had previously gone pear shaped but that in no way reflects on NW who has come in and created a solid platform for JFH to work from.
I got to admit I was on a bit of a wind up with you and thought you'd play the game a bit before going for the jugular.😉

I take offence at being told I'd rather QPR don't win. Why the fck am I wasting my life on this fcking club if that's the case? Oh yeh I'll sack off work for two days in the middle of January and spend 100 notes on trains and an overnight stay to watch us play Blackburn away on a Tuesday night but I hope they don't win when I get there because I thought somebody two managers ago was harshly treated? I'll be playing no sort of poxy message board game if anybody levels that sort of bile at me.

I can tell you the poster on here who wanted us to lose at Luton bstrd Town so that Ian Holloway would get the sack. I can probably dig out the thread where somebody said they quite hoped we'd lose to fcking Brentford so Ramsey would get the sack. I won't be stopping to those levels any time soon. If we sacked a managerial dream team of Dave Sexton and Terry venables to appoint John Terry and Ashley Young I'm still not sure I could ever bring myself to hope we don't win the next game. We're QPR fans, we should all hope we win the next game and enjoy it when we do.

Yes I told people they should enjoy the Bolton result, last minute 4-3 win why not? I'm enjoying last night's result, last minute win away at Reading what's not to like? Best feeling ever. But you can still say we defended appallingly against the worst team in the league in the case of Bolton, and that last night's game was utterly dreadful. Even the Sky monkey, whose job it is to hype it all up and keep you tuned in, said at half time it was dull. After the Bolton game I thought people went massively over the top about how awful we'd been - scoring four and winning the match.

Totally agree that Neil Warnock has solidified the team, sorted the defence out, improved the performances and confidence of several players - Hall, Onuoha, Hoilett, Sandro, Faurlin. I've written that repeatedly over the last fortnight. But the four games he's been in charge with, bar the last 30 against Leeds, have been dull. They're not mutually exclusive.

Reading match thread on 10:16 - Dec 4 with 2207 viewsTheBlob

That was very confusing last night,at times I was doing the "close him down you kunt" to the wrong coloured shirt.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Reading match thread on 10:25 - Dec 4 with 2187 viewsqprxtc

It’s weird that as we’ve got progressively more boring this season, supporters have got happier.
Reading match thread on 10:34 - Dec 4 with 2161 viewsJuzzie

Reading match thread on 10:16 - Dec 4 by TheBlob

That was very confusing last night,at times I was doing the "close him down you kunt" to the wrong coloured shirt.

Same here! Playing at Reading is a nightmare as I often find myself looking at the wrong team!!
Reading match thread on 10:37 - Dec 4 with 2152 viewsJonDoeman

Reading match thread on 10:25 - Dec 4 by qprxtc

It’s weird that as we’ve got progressively more boring this season, supporters have got happier.

I din't find letting 2 goals + in a game particularly exciting .

It Is What It Is !!

Reading match thread on 12:14 - Dec 4 with 2072 viewsqprxtc

Reading match thread on 10:37 - Dec 4 by JonDoeman

I din't find letting 2 goals + in a game particularly exciting .

Nope but scoring more than that is quite fun.
Reading match thread on 12:34 - Dec 4 with 2054 viewsCHUBBS

Reading match thread on 10:06 - Dec 4 by Northernr

I take offence at being told I'd rather QPR don't win. Why the fck am I wasting my life on this fcking club if that's the case? Oh yeh I'll sack off work for two days in the middle of January and spend 100 notes on trains and an overnight stay to watch us play Blackburn away on a Tuesday night but I hope they don't win when I get there because I thought somebody two managers ago was harshly treated? I'll be playing no sort of poxy message board game if anybody levels that sort of bile at me.

I can tell you the poster on here who wanted us to lose at Luton bstrd Town so that Ian Holloway would get the sack. I can probably dig out the thread where somebody said they quite hoped we'd lose to fcking Brentford so Ramsey would get the sack. I won't be stopping to those levels any time soon. If we sacked a managerial dream team of Dave Sexton and Terry venables to appoint John Terry and Ashley Young I'm still not sure I could ever bring myself to hope we don't win the next game. We're QPR fans, we should all hope we win the next game and enjoy it when we do.

Yes I told people they should enjoy the Bolton result, last minute 4-3 win why not? I'm enjoying last night's result, last minute win away at Reading what's not to like? Best feeling ever. But you can still say we defended appallingly against the worst team in the league in the case of Bolton, and that last night's game was utterly dreadful. Even the Sky monkey, whose job it is to hype it all up and keep you tuned in, said at half time it was dull. After the Bolton game I thought people went massively over the top about how awful we'd been - scoring four and winning the match.

Totally agree that Neil Warnock has solidified the team, sorted the defence out, improved the performances and confidence of several players - Hall, Onuoha, Hoilett, Sandro, Faurlin. I've written that repeatedly over the last fortnight. But the four games he's been in charge with, bar the last 30 against Leeds, have been dull. They're not mutually exclusive.

I think your interpretation of my comment was taken too seriously,it was meant as a sarcastic riposte to your constant criticism of our style of play since NW took over.
You've dished out your fair share of sly comments over the years when you've disagreed with certain posters opinions.
I don't see them telling you to Fcuk off very often.
Yes I know you go to most of the games and spend/waste an absolute fortune in time and money but that's your choice.
I wanted CR to work but it was crystal clear quite early that unless there were big improvements he wasn't the man for the job.
I just don't get how CR gets more kudos than NW with some of our fans when you look at the records of the two.
Reading match thread on 12:42 - Dec 4 with 2035 viewsRs_Holy

11 minutes of extended highlights now on QPR Player!!!....
... How the hell did they manage 11 minutes???
2 shots on target and free kick that hit the bar!
Reading match thread on 13:09 - Dec 4 with 2006 viewsNorthernr

Reading match thread on 12:34 - Dec 4 by CHUBBS

I think your interpretation of my comment was taken too seriously,it was meant as a sarcastic riposte to your constant criticism of our style of play since NW took over.
You've dished out your fair share of sly comments over the years when you've disagreed with certain posters opinions.
I don't see them telling you to Fcuk off very often.
Yes I know you go to most of the games and spend/waste an absolute fortune in time and money but that's your choice.
I wanted CR to work but it was crystal clear quite early that unless there were big improvements he wasn't the man for the job.
I just don't get how CR gets more kudos than NW with some of our fans when you look at the records of the two.

Apologies, you touched a nerve with the 'rather QPR lost' bit. Meant in jest or not it's absolute rubbish.

I thought people went overboard about how bad Ramsey was (while I clearly accept he wasn't up to the job) and I think people are going overboard about how well Warnock has done (while I clearly accept he's sorted the defence out).

I'm actually excited about JFH and hope it goes well. What I fear, and what is aready happening, is that anything less than a full throttle assault on the top six starting immediately is going to have the "we should have kept Warnock" brigade taking up arms.
Reading match thread on 13:19 - Dec 4 with 1989 viewsadhoc_qpr

Reading match thread on 13:09 - Dec 4 by Northernr

Apologies, you touched a nerve with the 'rather QPR lost' bit. Meant in jest or not it's absolute rubbish.

I thought people went overboard about how bad Ramsey was (while I clearly accept he wasn't up to the job) and I think people are going overboard about how well Warnock has done (while I clearly accept he's sorted the defence out).

I'm actually excited about JFH and hope it goes well. What I fear, and what is aready happening, is that anything less than a full throttle assault on the top six starting immediately is going to have the "we should have kept Warnock" brigade taking up arms.

I think what Olly said last night had a lot of merit.

Even if JFH improves us and has us playing better and getting results (i think he will too) - there are already 5 or 6 teams who are settled, on form and well ahead of us in the league.

Getting into the playoffs will be a tough ask but i think (hope) we'll be closer to them because of this appointment.

NW has done a great caretaker job and probably would have done a good job over the rest of the season, but next summer we'd be looking for the longer term solution still.

If Hoos and LF think JFH is that man, why wait?
Reading match thread on 14:06 - Dec 4 with 1953 viewsqprxtc

What we *should* have done was:

Kept Warnock as Director of Football
Kept Ramsey as a Coach Driver
Shot Paul Hart
Sacked Les Ferdinand bur put him up from with Charlie going 442
Slapped Fernandes about a bit
Built a new ground in 6 months on Shepherd Bush Green
But stayed at Loftus Road
Appointed someone had hasn’t even heard of Chelsea as manager
Won every game we ever play by at least 5 goals
Never concede another goal again. Ever.
Sacked Ramsey as Coach Driver
Get a new badge that looks a bit like every badge we’ve ever had. But different
Invite every player that has ever played for us onto the pitch at halftime in the next home game
Except Paddy Kenny

Now if they’d only listen to me we’d never be in this mess.
Reading match thread on 14:10 - Dec 4 with 1944 viewsCHUBBS

Reading match thread on 13:09 - Dec 4 by Northernr

It takes a big man to admit how wrong he is,just kidding.
Didn't mean to piss you off,not to that extent anyhow😉
No need for an apology mate,just blame QPR for all our indiscretions.
Reading match thread on 14:21 - Dec 4 with 1903 viewsqprphil

Its nice to win, even better to win with style. Even better when you play crap, and win. At the end of the season, if, we make the play offs, games like this will be forgotten. Lets hope that JFH gets us playing with flair, and winning at the same time, perfect, but not always possible. I am happy with any win, it makes waking up the next day far more pleasant.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reading match thread on 14:49 - Dec 4 with 1869 viewsRs_Holy

Reading match thread on 14:21 - Dec 4 by qprphil

Its nice to win, even better to win with style. Even better when you play crap, and win. At the end of the season, if, we make the play offs, games like this will be forgotten. Lets hope that JFH gets us playing with flair, and winning at the same time, perfect, but not always possible. I am happy with any win, it makes waking up the next day far more pleasant.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Classic Warnock... He's a master at creating teams which do this!... Throw in a taraabt type player and that's your flair provided.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024