Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Clarke Sacked! 09:54 - Dec 4 with 4510 viewsVish

will save Fulham a few bob
Steve Clarke Sacked! on 10:01 - Dec 4 with 4499 viewsKonk

However badly run we are at the moment, I think it's beyond even Rigg and Khan to go back to Clarke after his public comments about rejecting Fulham. Strong suggestions at FFC that something has gone wrong on the FFP front and that we may be in line for an embargo - which will be remarkable given we biffed off 20-odd players after relegation and managed to sell or loan out the vast majority of players on silly money. Still, with the way things are going it probably shouldn't surprise me. We are officially run by clowns.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 10:02 - Dec 4 with 4495 viewssimmo

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 10:01 - Dec 4 by Konk

However badly run we are at the moment, I think it's beyond even Rigg and Khan to go back to Clarke after his public comments about rejecting Fulham. Strong suggestions at FFC that something has gone wrong on the FFP front and that we may be in line for an embargo - which will be remarkable given we biffed off 20-odd players after relegation and managed to sell or loan out the vast majority of players on silly money. Still, with the way things are going it probably shouldn't surprise me. We are officially run by clowns.

Probably why you feel so at home here

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 10:02 - Dec 4 with 4493 viewsconnell10

so are we mate, so are we!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 10:14 - Dec 4 with 4456 viewsDWQPR

I saw that the current favourite for the Fulham job is now Stuart Gray! Looks like our cottaging friends can look forward to some amazing attacking football.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 10:19 - Dec 4 with 4425 viewsKonk

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 10:14 - Dec 4 by DWQPR

I saw that the current favourite for the Fulham job is now Stuart Gray! Looks like our cottaging friends can look forward to some amazing attacking football.

We've had about six hundred different favourites in the past month without a manager, so not sure how much you can read into that, but if we seriously come up with Stuart Gray, then I am going to handcuff myself to a goalpost at Forest tomorrow, and stay there until Roy Hodgson promises to come back and make everything okay again.

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 10:31 - Dec 4 with 4367 viewsJuzzie

I know it's about an accumulation of results (or non-results) but I think it's a bit unfair to sack Clarke on last night's result. 0 shots on target despite at least 10 attempts on goal and a howler from a normally good goalie. It must be frustrating for a manager to stand there and watch that.
Steve Clarke Sacked! on 10:34 - Dec 4 with 4345 viewsJonDoeman

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 10:19 - Dec 4 by Konk

We've had about six hundred different favourites in the past month without a manager, so not sure how much you can read into that, but if we seriously come up with Stuart Gray, then I am going to handcuff myself to a goalpost at Forest tomorrow, and stay there until Roy Hodgson promises to come back and make everything okay again.

Major fck up by Clarke if he priced himself out of your job & thought he could go back . Possibly not the brightest ?

It Is What It Is !!

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 10:39 - Dec 4 with 4306 viewsKonk

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 10:34 - Dec 4 by JonDoeman

Major fck up by Clarke if he priced himself out of your job & thought he could go back . Possibly not the brightest ?

I could never imagine myself warming to Clarke and his record’s not amazing, so I was relieved when he passed on the job. After waging the world’s most unconvincing PR offensive, during his retreat to Reading, it was only a matter of time before they fu cked him off. And quite right too. I really can’t see us going back to him, so now I’m just waiting for Gary Megson or Tony Adams to roll up.

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 10:43 - Dec 4 with 4293 viewsJAPRANGERS

So who do you think is in the frame for Fulham then Konk??

I think you are very respected on here for not coming on here and crowing about your 4-0 stuffing of Rangers back at the end of September. A lesser man would have.
Steve Clarke Sacked! on 10:48 - Dec 4 with 4253 viewsGloucs_R

Brian McDermott back to Reading?

Chris Powell to Fulham?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 10:58 - Dec 4 with 4213 viewsKonk

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 10:43 - Dec 4 by JAPRANGERS

So who do you think is in the frame for Fulham then Konk??

I think you are very respected on here for not coming on here and crowing about your 4-0 stuffing of Rangers back at the end of September. A lesser man would have.

I genuinely have no idea, but I’d be very surprised if it wasn’t someone completely underwhelming or just plain sh it at managing/coaching. The longer the wait goes on, the more chance there is of someone like Stuart Pearce. I've completely given up on the people running our club and the chances of them making a sensible/inspired appointment. Or decision even.

No idea what the problem is, but my (perhaps unfair) suspicion is that Mike Rigg’s perhaps not many people’s idea of the ideal boss. He doesn't come across as someone you'd warm to and in my experience, people who never stop in a job for more than ten minutes tend to be ar seholes. On paper it’s a decent enough squad for the division, good youth set-up, extremely wealthy owner (we’ll ignore the fact he seems like an absolute co ck), wealthy corner of one of the World’s greatest cities, excellent training facilities, serial major European cup finalists; presumably we pay okay too. So, all I can come up with is either no-one wants to work with Mike “Action Man” Rigg or the rumours about a forthcoming transfer embargo have some substance. Interestingly, our Supporters Trust met with the CEO the other day, and when asking about an embargo, were told that the league and FFC would be issuing a joint statement in due course…which doesn’t sound promising.

As for the game at the Cottage — can’t see the point in gloating — I obviously enjoyed the game and result — that’ll do for me.

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 11:09 - Dec 4 with 4165 viewsSimonJames

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 10:58 - Dec 4 by Konk

I genuinely have no idea, but I’d be very surprised if it wasn’t someone completely underwhelming or just plain sh it at managing/coaching. The longer the wait goes on, the more chance there is of someone like Stuart Pearce. I've completely given up on the people running our club and the chances of them making a sensible/inspired appointment. Or decision even.

No idea what the problem is, but my (perhaps unfair) suspicion is that Mike Rigg’s perhaps not many people’s idea of the ideal boss. He doesn't come across as someone you'd warm to and in my experience, people who never stop in a job for more than ten minutes tend to be ar seholes. On paper it’s a decent enough squad for the division, good youth set-up, extremely wealthy owner (we’ll ignore the fact he seems like an absolute co ck), wealthy corner of one of the World’s greatest cities, excellent training facilities, serial major European cup finalists; presumably we pay okay too. So, all I can come up with is either no-one wants to work with Mike “Action Man” Rigg or the rumours about a forthcoming transfer embargo have some substance. Interestingly, our Supporters Trust met with the CEO the other day, and when asking about an embargo, were told that the league and FFC would be issuing a joint statement in due course…which doesn’t sound promising.

As for the game at the Cottage — can’t see the point in gloating — I obviously enjoyed the game and result — that’ll do for me.

"...underwhelming..." May I be so bold as to suggest:

100% of people who drink water will die.

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 11:12 - Dec 4 with 4153 viewsJigsore

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 10:48 - Dec 4 by Gloucs_R

Brian McDermott back to Reading?

Chris Powell to Fulham?

Brian McDermott has a nice cushy job as chief scout at Arsenal, don't see why he'd give it up

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 11:27 - Dec 4 with 4085 viewsMick_S

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 11:12 - Dec 4 by Jigsore

Brian McDermott has a nice cushy job as chief scout at Arsenal, don't see why he'd give it up

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 11:45 - Dec 4 with 4006 viewsfrancisbowles

You've escaped a divisive character. I know one of the coaches at the fakes and prior to Clarke arriving they had a one club, all together, ethos. For example young players and first teamer's mixing with other staff in the club restaurant/canteen. When Clarke came in he changed all that. first team squad, the elite, must sit on their own. Very little interest in anything other than the first team.

Not ideal for the fakes or yourselves with your impressive youth set ups.
Steve Clarke Sacked! on 11:49 - Dec 4 with 3991 viewsexiled_dictator

i think part of the problem is these new overseas owners who have never owned or run an english football club. they maybe the most brilliant businessmen with international businesses raking in shed loads of money, but as has been proved time and time again, this is not enough to guarantee success.
money is not always the answer, whether you either add or take it away from the situation. and there are terrible pressures put onto managers by these owners regarding results and expectations. look at blackburn or leeds as two examples. admittedly, not every foreign owned club has these difficulties; sometimes an owner installs a very decent manager and the club is elevated to a previously unheard of position, and they have great success; chelsea being the example here, as well as manchester city. but the idea that you can simply throw good money at a situation is a fallacy. there can only be one champion each season, and three clubs will get relegated and there are no guarantees that your millions that you ploughed into the club will not disappear into another division.
but foreign money from foreign owners has changed the face of football in this country forever.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 11:58 - Dec 4 with 3966 viewsTacticalR

@Konk 'No idea what the problem is, but my (perhaps unfair) suspicion is that Mike Rigg’s perhaps not many people’s idea of the ideal boss.'

See Tony McCool's description of the beginning of Mike Rigg's reign of terror at QPR:

'We were introduced to a new structure. A guy called Shaun Hallett was introduced as the Academy Manager and Mike Rigg was Technical Director. I had never heard of either of them. The tone of this presentation was in complete stark contrast to the one delivered by the chairman and put everyone on the back foot. This guy in jeans and tweed jacket seemed to have little to smile about wanted to immediately intimidate everyone. The other, Shaun Hallett looked suarve in his open top shirt. He said about his senior background and described his success in making things happen, but he wasn’t from a football background. Mike Rigg got a flipchart out and began his speech which we would later hear repeated several times. These guys were not interested in anyone’s experience, advice or feedback.'
http://tonymccool.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/academy-football-coach-my-time-in-my.ht

(Rigg's little dictators soon fell out with each other. Hallett has since set himself up as a 'personal trainer' in Harrogate.)

Air hostess clique

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 12:23 - Dec 4 with 3886 viewsKonk

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 11:58 - Dec 4 by TacticalR

@Konk 'No idea what the problem is, but my (perhaps unfair) suspicion is that Mike Rigg’s perhaps not many people’s idea of the ideal boss.'

See Tony McCool's description of the beginning of Mike Rigg's reign of terror at QPR:

'We were introduced to a new structure. A guy called Shaun Hallett was introduced as the Academy Manager and Mike Rigg was Technical Director. I had never heard of either of them. The tone of this presentation was in complete stark contrast to the one delivered by the chairman and put everyone on the back foot. This guy in jeans and tweed jacket seemed to have little to smile about wanted to immediately intimidate everyone. The other, Shaun Hallett looked suarve in his open top shirt. He said about his senior background and described his success in making things happen, but he wasn’t from a football background. Mike Rigg got a flipchart out and began his speech which we would later hear repeated several times. These guys were not interested in anyone’s experience, advice or feedback.'
http://tonymccool.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/academy-football-coach-my-time-in-my.ht

(Rigg's little dictators soon fell out with each other. Hallett has since set himself up as a 'personal trainer' in Harrogate.)

I could be doing him a massive disservice, but he sounds/seems like a number of sh ithouses I’ve worked with over the years. Come in, shake everything up for the sake of it and then leave shortly afterwards for a better paid job having fu cked everything up, and demoralised those who’ve hung about. The sort of “fiercely driven, ambitious” humourless divs who wind-up on the Apprentice or these days, running Fulham. He probably says, “Failure is not an option” and “Bring it on” about eight times an hour.

That said, I could be wrong and he could be the third Chuckle brother. Difficult to imagine though. And we should never forget that he successfully recruited Yaya Toure, having spotted him playing park football for Barcelona in the Champions League, before selling the City project to him with nothing to offer other than £250k per week. The sort of track record that was always going to come in handy at “sustainable” Fulham. Oh, yeah, and now we learn that we might not even have been “sustainable”, so we’ve basically massively slashed our wage bill, been shi t for two seasons in the second division and we still haven’t even managed our dream of complying with FFP. Fu cking idiots.

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 12:29 - Dec 4 with 3866 viewsKonk

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 11:45 - Dec 4 by francisbowles

You've escaped a divisive character. I know one of the coaches at the fakes and prior to Clarke arriving they had a one club, all together, ethos. For example young players and first teamer's mixing with other staff in the club restaurant/canteen. When Clarke came in he changed all that. first team squad, the elite, must sit on their own. Very little interest in anything other than the first team.

Not ideal for the fakes or yourselves with your impressive youth set ups.

Interesting to hear. I didn't like him as a player and now he just looks like the sort of miserable, moany bloke that you avoid in your local. Joyless.

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 12:42 - Dec 4 with 3817 viewsGloucs_R

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 11:12 - Dec 4 by Jigsore

Didnt know that..

Poll: Are we staying up?

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 13:23 - Dec 4 with 3730 viewsJAPRANGERS

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 11:09 - Dec 4 by SimonJames

"...underwhelming..." May I be so bold as to suggest:

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 13:33 - Dec 4 with 3694 viewsenfieldargh

Air Asia getting one over Thai Airways once again.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Steve Clarke Sacked! on 16:38 - Dec 4 with 3597 viewsTGRRRSSS

Was never sure why Fulham wanted him, bad news for everyone else he got the sack.
Not sure he is a Manager maybe a Number 2 but clearly not a number 1.
Interesting to note the comments about how Fakes changed under him behind the scenes
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024