Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big German Fukka 09:55 - Jan 17 with 5529 viewsHollowayHoop

I was really impressed with Seb Polter yesterday.

The lone striker role is a thankless and unforgiving position but he's growing in stature on a game by game basis and I didn't think he put a foot wrong yesterday. Held up well, hassled well, made a prick of himself generally to no avail, and eventually got the goal his hard work deserved. Like with Taraabt, I think I'm gonna have a problem with fans that dislike him. And the guy gave his shirt to a young girl (looked like a girl; I'm so sorry if that was your son) sat a few rows in front of me at the end of the game. What a gent!

Much as I thought at the start of the season, the guy needs game time and support before he'll produce the goods, and he's now starting to produce. I like him. I like him a lot.

And because it's impossible to ever be 100% positive about this ridiculous club, why was the guy right in front of me singing (and thereafter continuing to sing) "we're fuqing shiiit" 3 minutes into yesterday's game at 0-0, and how the hell did we manage to not make any (or much) profit on Charlie Austin? For all of the few positives that I'm able to draw, the shambolic running of our club and the utterly preposterous sense of entitlement of some of our supporters remains our downfall.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 10:01]
Big German Fukka on 10:20 - Jan 17 with 5422 viewsDorse

For what it's worth, I like him too. I think he came to the club being told he was going to lead the line because Chaz would be leaving, only to find he wasn't because he didn't. A game here or there is fine but you really get a feel for how he plays now. I think he'll do alright.

Probably end with up with as many goals as Furlong when we came back up all those years ago.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Big German Fukka on 10:50 - Jan 17 with 5329 viewsHollowayHoop

It would be nice to see him having a go at striking the ball from a little bit of distance, though I read several times that he attempted a long shot at Blackburn on Tuesday which went into the crowd. Im pretty sure Ronaldo doesn't get every shot on target, but how dare seb miss one!
Big German Fukka on 11:17 - Jan 17 with 5208 viewskropotkin41

Bit of a surprise package this one. I've seen him play a couple of times, thought he was very ropey at Bristol. I was reading out the comments about him in yesterday's game to a mate of mine who came to the Bristol game with me, and he could hardly believe it.

It'd be fantastic and so unlike us in recent years actually to have a great find on our hands. Personally I should have cut the guy more slack when I saw him at Ashton Gate, and I hope that now he goes from strength to strength.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Big German Fukka on 11:19 - Jan 17 with 5200 viewsQPRDave

Our very own Focke (lone) Wulf
Big German Fukka on 11:48 - Jan 17 with 5082 viewsLblock

He'll have games where I'm sure he'll stink the place out in front of goal; but I love his attitude and I reckon fully match fit he's going to be a confounded nuisance at this level.

I'm seeing him and Mackie against teams such as Derby, who want to build from the back, and them really unsettling those defences

I'd still like a clinical pace machine up front but I think there's 91 other clubs who'd all welcome that.

Keep on keeping on Seb mine liege

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Big German Fukka on 12:41 - Jan 17 with 4954 viewsDWQPR

He is actually starting to build a very good understanding with Hoilett and it has probably gone quite unnoticed that since Bristol City between them they have scored six goals between them during those games with the odd assist to each other. For me yesterday Hoilett was MOTM his running, chasing down, tackling and ball control and passing has come on a bundle, as well as his finishing. Never thought I would say that. Let's just hope that he isn't doing what a few others have done and become better when a new contract is in the offing. As for Polter he is a much better addition than Zamora was a loss, so therefore has improved the front line. If we do get rid of Phillips though would love us to sign the Rotherham number 17, Grant Ward, who literally tore Konchesky a new one in the first half and looks a very accomplished player.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 12:42]

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Big German Fukka on 12:51 - Jan 17 with 4909 viewsNeil_SI

Big German Fukka on 12:41 - Jan 17 by DWQPR

He is actually starting to build a very good understanding with Hoilett and it has probably gone quite unnoticed that since Bristol City between them they have scored six goals between them during those games with the odd assist to each other. For me yesterday Hoilett was MOTM his running, chasing down, tackling and ball control and passing has come on a bundle, as well as his finishing. Never thought I would say that. Let's just hope that he isn't doing what a few others have done and become better when a new contract is in the offing. As for Polter he is a much better addition than Zamora was a loss, so therefore has improved the front line. If we do get rid of Phillips though would love us to sign the Rotherham number 17, Grant Ward, who literally tore Konchesky a new one in the first half and looks a very accomplished player.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 12:42]

Grant Ward is on loan there from Tottenham.
Big German Fukka on 13:08 - Jan 17 with 4847 viewsdixiedean

Couldn't agree more Holloway. I'm pleased that some of us are finally giving big Seb a chance at last . He'll never be glamorous but my god he always puts in a shift. And the morons who sing that nonsense revolt me -even at Fulham when we WERE shit , but there is no need for that. They're probably the ones who are so pissed up or high on Coke that they don't even know what's going on. Do us all a favour and go away.
Login to get fewer ads

Big German Fukka on 13:28 - Jan 17 with 4781 viewsHollowayHoop

Big German Fukka on 13:08 - Jan 17 by dixiedean

Couldn't agree more Holloway. I'm pleased that some of us are finally giving big Seb a chance at last . He'll never be glamorous but my god he always puts in a shift. And the morons who sing that nonsense revolt me -even at Fulham when we WERE shit , but there is no need for that. They're probably the ones who are so pissed up or high on Coke that they don't even know what's going on. Do us all a favour and go away.

True dat Dixie. No joke, in the bridge inn opposite Rotherham train station yesterday a 'fan' was doing coke next to me at the urinal, with his cock hanging out. I mean come on, at least pretend your taking a dump and do it in the cubical. What if I'd had a kid with me?

Luckily though, I thought our support was pretty good yesterday over all.
Big German Fukka on 15:01 - Jan 17 with 4573 viewsDylanP

Big German Fukka on 11:17 - Jan 17 by kropotkin41

Bit of a surprise package this one. I've seen him play a couple of times, thought he was very ropey at Bristol. I was reading out the comments about him in yesterday's game to a mate of mine who came to the Bristol game with me, and he could hardly believe it.

It'd be fantastic and so unlike us in recent years actually to have a great find on our hands. Personally I should have cut the guy more slack when I saw him at Ashton Gate, and I hope that now he goes from strength to strength.

"It'd be fantastic and so unlike us in recent years actually to have a great find on our hands."

Two words "Charlie Austin"

He has only been gone and people are already forgotten that he only came to us because he was rejected by Hull and people moaned about bringing him in and how he wasn't a real striker and couldn't cut it at this level and another example of bringing in crocked crap and blah blah blah, know-it-frickin-all. And we turned Charlie into one of the top goalscorers in the Premiership and a contender for England honors.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Big German Fukka on 15:09 - Jan 17 with 4544 viewsJamie

Big German Fukka on 15:01 - Jan 17 by DylanP

"It'd be fantastic and so unlike us in recent years actually to have a great find on our hands."

He has only been gone and people are already forgotten that he only came to us because he was rejected by Hull and people moaned about bringing him in and how he wasn't a real striker and couldn't cut it at this level and another example of bringing in crocked crap and blah blah blah, know-it-frickin-all. And we turned Charlie into one of the top goalscorers in the Premiership and a contender for England honors.

Austin was hardly a 'find' which was the point.
Big German Fukka on 15:11 - Jan 17 with 4528 viewsCamberleyR

Austin was hardly a great find. 62 goals in 117 games the previous three seasons for Burnley and Swindon.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 15:11]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Big German Fukka on 15:11 - Jan 17 with 4524 viewsHollowayHoop

I think Swindon can claim Austin was a find, not sure we can.
Big German Fukka on 15:13 - Jan 17 with 4518 viewsCamberleyR

Big German Fukka on 15:11 - Jan 17 by HollowayHoop

I think Swindon can claim Austin was a find, not sure we can.

Exactly. Swindon took the punt on him from non-league.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Big German Fukka on 15:14 - Jan 17 with 4513 viewsWallyRanger

Except nobody called him a crock when he signed for us but you keep pretending that happened, whatever makes you happy.

As for Polter I'm delighted he's seizing his chance and scoring some goals, I've always felt he's the kind of player that fits at QPR, well done to him! Keep up the good work
Big German Fukka on 17:49 - Jan 17 with 4262 viewsdixiedean

Big German Fukka on 13:28 - Jan 17 by HollowayHoop

True dat Dixie. No joke, in the bridge inn opposite Rotherham train station yesterday a 'fan' was doing coke next to me at the urinal, with his cock hanging out. I mean come on, at least pretend your taking a dump and do it in the cubical. What if I'd had a kid with me?

Luckily though, I thought our support was pretty good yesterday over all.

I'd so love to be wrong on that point . The coke heads need to get a life. As you said. If you have to do that shit cos you're so f@cked up , at least do it in private . Glad to hear support otherwise good . Hopefully we can turn Wolves over next
Big German Fukka on 18:57 - Jan 17 with 4165 viewsMonkey_Roots

Insane Polt
Big German Fukka on 19:44 - Jan 17 with 4080 viewsWareRanger

It was actually my nephew who Seb gave his shirt to at the end of the game. Although he's got a season ticket, this was his first away game.
So we won three nil and he walked off with our centre forward's shirt. I have had to tell him that it's not like this every week!
He's been absolutely buzzing ever since so well done Seb, you are now the hero of one very excitable fan...
Big German Fukka on 19:48 - Jan 17 with 4065 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Big German Fukka on 12:51 - Jan 17 by Neil_SI

Grant Ward is on loan there from Tottenham.

Your shortest post ever, Neil?

Hungover?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Big German Fukka on 19:51 - Jan 17 with 4045 viewsNeil_SI

Big German Fukka on 19:48 - Jan 17 by BrianMcCarthy

Your shortest post ever, Neil?

Hungover?

Didn't want to cause trouble by adding that Chris Ramsey helped develop Ward at Spurs...
Big German Fukka on 19:54 - Jan 17 with 4031 viewsBasingstokeR

Big German Fukka on 19:51 - Jan 17 by Neil_SI

Didn't want to cause trouble by adding that Chris Ramsey helped develop Ward at Spurs...

This thread is missing something...

Not another Spurs player
Big German Fukka on 19:56 - Jan 17 with 4019 viewsGetMeRangers

Big German Fukka on 19:44 - Jan 17 by WareRanger

It was actually my nephew who Seb gave his shirt to at the end of the game. Although he's got a season ticket, this was his first away game.
So we won three nil and he walked off with our centre forward's shirt. I have had to tell him that it's not like this every week!
He's been absolutely buzzing ever since so well done Seb, you are now the hero of one very excitable fan...

Take him to Forest. I sorted out my youngest that way, when he thought he would never see us lose away. Four straight wins brought to a shuddering halt two weekends ago
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024