Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rhys Bennett 19:05 - Jun 9 with 6078 viewsleedsdale

Has joined Mansfield
Rhys Bennett on 20:08 - Jun 9 with 5946 viewsD_Alien

Good luck to him, but Mansfield have always been a physical, no-nonsense outfit and he'll do well to find any consistency there. Will be interesting to see which position they play him in.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rhys Bennett on 20:32 - Jun 9 with 5866 viewsyorkstag

Rhys Bennett on 20:08 - Jun 9 by D_Alien

Good luck to him, but Mansfield have always been a physical, no-nonsense outfit and he'll do well to find any consistency there. Will be interesting to see which position they play him in.

Will definitely be right back. Is he any good?
Rhys Bennett on 20:41 - Jun 9 with 5849 viewsDaleaholic

Rhys Bennett on 20:32 - Jun 9 by yorkstag

If he stays free from injury, you've got yourself a decent player. He's attack minded and can score a goal or two. Never really got a consistent run of games with us where he impressed.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Rhys Bennett on 22:17 - Jun 9 with 5634 viewsKnowlesy

Rhys Bennett on 20:41 - Jun 9 by Daleaholic

If he stays free from injury, you've got yourself a decent player. He's attack minded and can score a goal or two. Never really got a consistent run of games with us where he impressed.

They've made a couple of good signings on paper already. Will be interesting to see how they get on next season
Rhys Bennett on 22:52 - Jun 9 with 5553 viewsdingdangblue

Yes he's a good un our Rhys. Lost his place and lost his way this last season - a new club will do him a world of good. Hope he does well for you.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Rhys Bennett on 23:32 - Jun 9 with 5491 viewsJimmyRustler

Rhys is a good player, especially at League 2 level. Cracking signing for you lot IMO.
Rhys Bennett on 03:18 - Jun 10 with 5382 viewsjokerthief

Top player in league 2..cannot believe Rochdale didn't rate him.
Rhys Bennett on 06:36 - Jun 10 with 5321 viewsaleanddale

Stays fit - top player.

Looks like the stags are investing this time around could be a value bet this coming season.

Thanks for all your efforts Rhys. Top man.
Login to get fewer ads

Rhys Bennett on 07:20 - Jun 10 with 5269 viewsTVOS1907

Rhys Bennett on 03:18 - Jun 10 by jokerthief

Top player in league 2..cannot believe Rochdale didn't rate him.

Who says we didn't rate him?

Circumstances meant he hardly figured this season (who would you have played him instead of?) and the manager has to decide if he wants to keep fringe players or use their part of his budget to strengthen the squad.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rhys Bennett on 07:23 - Jun 10 with 5265 viewsTalkingSutty

Rhys Bennett on 06:36 - Jun 10 by aleanddale

Stays fit - top player.

Looks like the stags are investing this time around could be a value bet this coming season.

Thanks for all your efforts Rhys. Top man.

If he can keep fit then I think he can do a job at Mansfield ,but I think that's his level. Lacking in urgency and awareness of what's happening around him was my gripe with Rhys, his injuries also caused concern. After all this time I still can't decide what was his best position, he did a job in various roles,but he never excelled in one.

His whole demeanour seemed more suited to lounging around on a Caribbean Beach rather than the muck and nettles of lower league football, he isn't made for cold winter nights in Grimsby or Hartlepool.

I hope he proves me wrong and smashes it at Mansfield, it will be interesting to see if he can cement a place in the starting eleven. He always seemed like a happy character and I wish him all the best.
Rhys Bennett on 09:01 - Jun 10 with 5124 viewsfitzochris

Rhys Bennett on 07:23 - Jun 10 by TalkingSutty

If he can keep fit then I think he can do a job at Mansfield ,but I think that's his level. Lacking in urgency and awareness of what's happening around him was my gripe with Rhys, his injuries also caused concern. After all this time I still can't decide what was his best position, he did a job in various roles,but he never excelled in one.

His whole demeanour seemed more suited to lounging around on a Caribbean Beach rather than the muck and nettles of lower league football, he isn't made for cold winter nights in Grimsby or Hartlepool.

I hope he proves me wrong and smashes it at Mansfield, it will be interesting to see if he can cement a place in the starting eleven. He always seemed like a happy character and I wish him all the best.

The guy played for Falkirk FFS. That gets pretty cold in the winter

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Rhys Bennett on 09:21 - Jun 10 with 5087 viewsTalkingSutty

Rhys Bennett on 09:01 - Jun 10 by fitzochris

The guy played for Falkirk FFS. That gets pretty cold in the winter

Good point
Rhys Bennett on 09:35 - Jun 10 with 5050 viewsParkinsGimp

Good luck Rhys,
Shame he never got a good run, he is a versatile player and I am sure he will do well at the Stags if he stays fit.
Rhys Bennett on 10:26 - Jun 10 with 4974 viewslurker

He had one of the best chants ever created for a Dale player IMO
Rhys Bennett on 10:38 - Jun 10 with 4941 viewstony_roch975

The decision to release Rhys, whilst expected, is my only disappointment in our release list. Great lad, good in the air (at both ends) with great pace which works in an attacking full back role or defensively and he had some of his best games as a holding midfielder. Lack of clarity about his best position coupled with injury led to him getting few chances last season and I suspect, like others, he didn't suit the 'men should be men' attitude of our manager.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Rhys Bennett on 13:27 - Jun 10 with 4711 viewstruenorth

Scorer of the best individual goal I've seen at Scotland, dribble from half way.
Shame I can't remember who it was against!

Poll: BBM or relegation?

Rhys Bennett on 13:31 - Jun 10 with 4697 viewsisitme

Rhys Bennett on 13:27 - Jun 10 by truenorth

Scorer of the best individual goal I've seen at Scotland, dribble from half way.

York in a defeat.

Bennett has a lot of the attributes to make it at a decent level but he is often injured and has not nailed down a real position. At times I feel he lacks the desire to maximise his potential. As a league two right back he should do okay, if he can stay fit.
Rhys Bennett on 13:37 - Jun 10 with 4674 viewsTalkingSutty

Ha,confirmed my suspicions that post
[Post edited 10 Jun 2016 13:39]
Rhys Bennett on 14:10 - Jun 10 with 4591 viewsTVOS1907

Was he playing for Falkirk at the time?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rhys Bennett on 14:49 - Jun 10 with 4526 viewsJamest1994

Decent league 2 player. No technical ability on the ball but will do a job if told to stay at right back and defend.
Rhys Bennett on 17:21 - Jun 10 with 4346 viewsShun

Good luck Rhys.

He should be a very good signing for Mansfield. I've not seen any of their other signings but Rose was a fantastic acquisition. Good luck to them.
Rhys Bennett on 18:56 - Jun 14 with 3786 views442Dale

Bennett interview:

http://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/article/experienced-bennett-aims-for-success-a

Interesting but about playing right back. Didn't he say he saw himself as a centre half in the past?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rhys Bennett on 18:58 - Jun 14 with 3776 views1mark1

Good luck Rhys.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Rhys Bennett on 19:30 - Jun 14 with 3697 viewsD_Alien

Rhys Bennett on 18:56 - Jun 14 by 442Dale

Bennett interview:

http://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/article/experienced-bennett-aims-for-success-a

Interesting but about playing right back. Didn't he say he saw himself as a centre half in the past?

He did, at the start of the 2013/14 season. Hilly publicly replied to the effect of "You'll play where I pick you Rhys, unless you prefer the bench"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rhys Bennett on 13:40 - Jun 15 with 3378 viewsShun

I was just looking at the Stags' forum and I came across this.

"My thoughts too Gruff, the Dale are a biggish club nowadays compared to the old Spotland days and were a meagre div 4 side for yonks so seems like a good capture."

Dreamland praise.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024