Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non-League Day 2016 this Saturday (3 September) 16:24 - Aug 31 with 9245 viewsJames_W12

Hello all. As some of you may know, I organise this event which tries to encourage football fans to watch a non-league game during an international break.

The boost in attendance leads to a significant injection of funds into the semi-pro and amateur game each year, making a big difference to the largely volunteer-run community clubs who take part.

This Saturday there are some cracking games taking place in and around London with many offering discounts to Rangers fans and others. Here's a quick run down of what's on:

St Albans City v Hampton & Richmond Borough - Les Ferdinand is the guest of honour at this big game at the top of the National League South. QPR season-ticket holders get in for half price (£6) while all U16s get in for free.

Wealdstone v Poole Town - £5 adults, U16s free, prices apply to all who turn up.

You'll also get in for a fiver with your season ticket at Tooting & Mitcham United v Horsham.

Hanwell Town, Harrow Borough, Hendon, Slough Town, Staines Town and Uxbridge all have important FA Cup ties which cost between £8-12 to get in to. Hayes & Yeading are also playing in the cup but are away to Sun Sports who are based in Watford.

I've built a match finder so you can locate your nearest game wherever you're based in the country - just put in your postcode and see what comes up: http://nonleagueday.co.uk/map.html

I hope you can make it to a game, every pound you spend will make a real difference and you might even enjoy yourself!

PS - we're also raising funds for Prostate Cancer UK and have a special fanfunding website up and running. Rather than just give us money, there are rewards and prizes which you get in return - for example, a signed Les Ferdinand t-shirt could be yours for £35. Take a look, there's even accommodation and tickets to see Barcelona at the Nou Camp: https://www.tifosy.com/NLD16
Non-League Day 2016 this Saturday (3 September) on 15:23 - Sep 2 with 2480 viewsVancouverHoop

Slightly further North, Hitchin Town v Biggleswade Utd in a 'pay-what-you-can' F.A. Cup tie at rustic Top Field.
Non-League Day 2016 this Saturday (3 September) on 19:43 - Sep 2 with 2448 viewsonlyrinmoray

Non-League Day 2016 this Saturday (3 September) on 18:19 - Sep 1 by Boston

Lower Mead, in there a few times, mainly evening fixtures. Went to Wembley FC, fairly regularly, indeed an old classmate of mine (Marky), still does the reports for the local papers.

I used to go to Wealdstone in the Lower Mead days before I " discovered " Rangers. Got the 140 from Northolt up to Harrow They were excellent in those days I think it was in the Athenian League Charlie Townsend Hugh Lindsay Arthur Peel .. where are they now ? I saw them in the Amateur Cup Final at Wembley cant remember who it was against back in the midsts of time
Non-League Day 2016 this Saturday (3 September) on 20:01 - Sep 2 with 2443 viewsonlyrinmoray

How could I forget Eddie Dillsworth, God I'm old, you can just see me behind the guy in the grey coat

Non-League Day 2016 this Saturday (3 September) on 20:34 - Sep 2 with 2436 viewsSterlingArcher

Tooting & Mitcham Utd do indeed play at a different ground although it's technically in Morden
and now around 13 years old.
Their record attendance at the old ground, Sandy Lane, was around 17000 v. QPR.
Funniest non-league fans around with the tannoy announcer having about half a dozen songs
sung about him. Far funnier than Dulwit Hamsters....
Non-League Day 2016 this Saturday (3 September) on 20:43 - Sep 2 with 2428 viewsRoller

Twickenham for me.

Saracens v Worcester followed by Bristol v Harlequins. Who knows, perhaps a beer or two.....
Non-League Day 2016 this Saturday (3 September) on 22:47 - Sep 2 with 2407 viewsCheshireR

Workington Town v Warrington Town in the FA cup for me.
Non-League Day 2016 this Saturday (3 September) on 13:22 - Sep 3 with 2365 viewsdoogi55

Hounslow v met police in bedfont to watch Richard paquet who plays for met police
Non-League Day 2016 this Saturday (3 September) on 13:23 - Sep 3 with 2363 viewswrinklyhoop

Non-League Day 2016 this Saturday (3 September) on 08:56 - Sep 2 by PinnerPaul

Surely those non league types can handle a bit of rain!

We're not talking PL prima donnas are we?!

I was thinking more about the effect on the attendance.
Login to get fewer ads

Non-League Day 2016 this Saturday (3 September) on 16:56 - Sep 3 with 2319 viewsderbyhoop

Off to see
Bussiere Poitevine vs Bessines-Morter

in Division 5 of the Haute Vienne.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Non-League Day 2016 this Saturday (3 September) on 17:33 - Sep 3 with 2308 viewsVancouverHoop

Over 700 at Top Field to watch Hitchin beat Biggleswade's other team 4—2. Sounded like a proper old-fashioned local tie with five yellow cards and two or three players wearing bandages at the final whistle.
Non-League Day 2016 this Saturday (3 September) on 10:21 - Sep 4 with 2239 viewsstowmarketrange

Non-League Day 2016 this Saturday (3 September) on 20:34 - Sep 2 by SterlingArcher

Tooting & Mitcham Utd do indeed play at a different ground although it's technically in Morden
and now around 13 years old.
Their record attendance at the old ground, Sandy Lane, was around 17000 v. QPR.
Funniest non-league fans around with the tannoy announcer having about half a dozen songs
sung about him. Far funnier than Dulwit Hamsters....

I used to live just the other side of the railway line to their old ground and went there a few times during the 80's.Palace used to play their reserve games there and I went there for a Palace v QPR on one occasion.I remember shouting out "pyscho "to Gavin Maguire and I thought he was going to jump the fence and lump me.
Another ground flattened for new housing.I did visit their new ground before I left for north London,but it just didn't feel the same anymore.
Non-League Day 2016 this Saturday (3 September) on 10:46 - Sep 4 with 2230 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Non-League Day 2016 this Saturday (3 September) on 08:46 - Sep 2 by wrinklyhoop

For any in the St Albans area, Saints v Hampton and Richmond promises to be a cracking game. Hope the rain holds off!

It was indeed a great game. That bloody rain though!

6 goals a sending off and some dodgy goalkeeping marvelous stuff.

IPA and Guinness in the bar (Rangers take note.)
[Post edited 4 Sep 2016 10:47]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Non-League Day 2016 this Saturday (3 September) on 11:57 - Sep 4 with 2207 viewsterryb

Non-League Day 2016 this Saturday (3 September) on 19:43 - Sep 2 by onlyrinmoray

I used to go to Wealdstone in the Lower Mead days before I " discovered " Rangers. Got the 140 from Northolt up to Harrow They were excellent in those days I think it was in the Athenian League Charlie Townsend Hugh Lindsay Arthur Peel .. where are they now ? I saw them in the Amateur Cup Final at Wembley cant remember who it was against back in the midsts of time

Others on this site know far more about Wealdstone than me, but I played alongside Charlie Townsend a few times in the Chesham Sunday League. We were run by his brother-in-law & Charlie "made up the numbers" a few times. His pre season training was the hardest I ever had to endure!

At the time, I believe he was the most capped Englamd amateur international. Jim Cooley (and I think Dave Richards) were in the Wealdstone cup winning team & their next appearance in that cup was for Chesham at somewhere like Sandy in the Extra Preliminary Round!

Wealdstone were thwarted from a return to Wembley in 1968 when Chesham beat them at Craven Cottage in the semi final, which was the tenth round Chesham had been in!

When Townsend left to join Hayes (I think) he wanted me to go for a trial there. However, I moved to Ipswich instead! I think I recall Charlie telling me that Hugh Lindsay was the best player he played alongside.

Most important result yesterday, of course, was Chesham beating Saffron Walden 5-0 in the FA Cup. Just five more wins required to reach the third round & go one better than last season!
Non-League Day 2016 this Saturday (3 September) on 20:47 - Sep 4 with 2133 viewsBoston

Non-League Day 2016 this Saturday (3 September) on 20:01 - Sep 2 by onlyrinmoray

How could I forget Eddie Dillsworth, God I'm old, you can just see me behind the guy in the grey coat

How things have changed....Lower Mead a Tesco's, Claremont Rd, dunno, some sort of housing if I recall?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Non-League Day 2016 this Saturday (3 September) on 09:15 - Sep 5 with 2087 viewsrobith

When down to see Waltham Forest as they're a 20 minute walk from my house. They're a tidy team - played 4-4-1-1 with a proper big man up top, 2 cracking wingers and a little wizard in the hole. Finished 2-1 Forest, including 2 of the daftest penalties you'll ever see, and the ref waving play on after a winger burst through on goal about 20 yards offside forcing the keeper to handle outside the box.

As is traditional at all non league games I attend, my squad chinned an alcopop at half time, leading to their official account calling us the "WKD Ultras"
Non-League Day 2016 this Saturday (3 September) on 10:09 - Sep 5 with 1957 viewsaston_hoop

Had to make do with Real Mallorca v Real Oviedo (terrible 0-0 draw). But the standard here in the Spanish 2nd Division feels non-league sometimes.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Non-League Day 2016 this Saturday (3 September) on 11:09 - Sep 5 with 1933 viewsPinnerPaul

Non-League Day 2016 this Saturday (3 September) on 13:23 - Sep 3 by wrinklyhoop

I was thinking more about the effect on the attendance.

Applies to fans as well!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024