Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Springbok/ Queens Tavern 09:10 - Sep 10 with 11599 viewsSW17_RRR

I've heard some bad reports on the newly opened Queens Tavern; terrible beer, only two choices Guniness & fosters. Anyone on here been in there as yet?
Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 18:56 - Sep 12 with 1876 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hands up, I've drunk Guinness from some right shiteholes (including The Springbok) and from the tap at St. James Gate and I can't really tell the difference. It always comes out like hot Tarmac wherever you drink it from.

When I was a student, I worked at this plastic Irish pub in Newcastle where they ridiculously insisted you draw a Shamrock every time you pour one out. I did one for this old Irish fella and he throws his toys out his pram and gives it the same boring lecture about how Guinness is shite in Britain and you'd get a clump if you did a shamrock over there. I give it the old nod and smile and resist the urge to dip my bollocks in the next one.

Anyway, 10 pints later he's so pissed I'm drawing cocks on the top them and he doesn't fvcking notice.

While I'm at it, I put the milk in my tea before the hot water. The missus does her nut when she sees me do it, but never tells the difference when she doesn't .
Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 19:56 - Sep 12 with 1834 viewskensalriser

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 18:56 - Sep 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Hands up, I've drunk Guinness from some right shiteholes (including The Springbok) and from the tap at St. James Gate and I can't really tell the difference. It always comes out like hot Tarmac wherever you drink it from.

When I was a student, I worked at this plastic Irish pub in Newcastle where they ridiculously insisted you draw a Shamrock every time you pour one out. I did one for this old Irish fella and he throws his toys out his pram and gives it the same boring lecture about how Guinness is shite in Britain and you'd get a clump if you did a shamrock over there. I give it the old nod and smile and resist the urge to dip my bollocks in the next one.

Anyway, 10 pints later he's so pissed I'm drawing cocks on the top them and he doesn't fvcking notice.

While I'm at it, I put the milk in my tea before the hot water. The missus does her nut when she sees me do it, but never tells the difference when she doesn't .

The tea stuff is because you're not using finest quality estate darjeeling. If you're using PG tips or any of that floor sweepings stuff it's all going to taste shite anyway. I would tell her that. Don't to forget to duck immediately afterwards.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 20:04 - Sep 12 with 1821 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 19:56 - Sep 12 by kensalriser

The tea stuff is because you're not using finest quality estate darjeeling. If you're using PG tips or any of that floor sweepings stuff it's all going to taste shite anyway. I would tell her that. Don't to forget to duck immediately afterwards.

True.

I hear hot tea and careless criticisms is how Steve McClaren archieves his trademark blotchy red face look.
Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 20:07 - Sep 12 with 1814 viewskensalriser

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 20:04 - Sep 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

True.

I hear hot tea and careless criticisms is how Steve McClaren archieves his trademark blotchy red face look.

Undoubtedly true, as he also has a permanently bemused 'what did I say this time?' expression.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 20:12 - Sep 12 with 1802 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 20:07 - Sep 12 by kensalriser

Undoubtedly true, as he also has a permanently bemused 'what did I say this time?' expression.

Maybe that hilarious Dutch accent only came about because he had a tooth missing .
Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 20:24 - Sep 12 with 1784 viewsFredManRave

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 17:41 - Sep 12 by A40Bosh

I spent most of the last year drinking various ales after switching from lager because I can't stand the watery taste of most of the weaker stuff and the nice stuff like Peroni and 1664 kills my sinuses.

However, since drinking ale I have put on 14st in 6 months and my feet are starting to rot and stink which I have been told could be down to yeast infections from drinking ale as it happens to the unfortunate few.

Now have to change again to Hendricks with Slimline Tonic with a garnish of thinly sliced cucumber until I can fit in to my clothes again!!!!!

Fckn Hell, Bosh, you've put on 14st in 6 months since drinking Ale. Just how much of the bloody stuff have you been drinking?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 11:22 - Sep 13 with 1590 viewsrobith

Springbok/ Queens Tavern on 18:56 - Sep 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

I think there are three things at play as a Guinness conniseur

1. Stout in general doesn't travel very well. Had some English ones at an Irish beer festival I knew were good and they tasted fetid there

2. The main difference for me is texture - in England people don't keep Guinness properly and they tend to not put enough gas in the pipe. When you're in Ireland you always get that tell tale hiss that you don't tend to get as much here, Means it's a lot less creamy

3. People in the UK never push the tap forward after it's settled to ensure no more gas comes out and it often makes the head super large.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024