Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season defining week? 22:06 - Sep 11 with 2609 viewswelwynranger

We play the teams on first and second place this week. Could tell us a lot about the character of this team and its manager
Season defining week? on 22:13 - Sep 11 with 2139 viewsconnell10

Nah not after just 8 games mate.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Season defining week? on 07:00 - Sep 12 with 2015 viewsdaveB

It'll probably tell us that we're not going to challenge for automatic promotion which we should probably know already
Season defining week? on 07:55 - Sep 12 with 1968 viewsbosh67

Not season defining but possibly tactically defining.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Season defining week? on 09:03 - Sep 12 with 1902 viewskropotkin41

The scale of the meltdown on here should we accumulate zero points will allow us to judge quite a lot about the state of morale and madness on this forum.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Season defining week? on 09:18 - Sep 12 with 1881 viewsNorthernr

Absolutely crucial. Only 38 games left after this.
Season defining week? on 09:34 - Sep 12 with 1849 viewsDorse

Season defining week? on 09:18 - Sep 12 by Northernr

'Only 38 games to go... Must play two up front... Where to play Chery in a 442... Karl Henry... Ned isn't captain material... Must gain automatic promotion... Only 38 games to go....'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Season defining week? on 09:41 - Sep 12 with 1829 viewsBlue_Castello

Can't help thinking that the thread title is a tad over dramatic considering we have a new team on a vastly reduced budget and have been shopping in the bargain basement, certainly compared to some of the title contenders.

However it's true the next few games will give us a much better idea of the level we are currently performing and if we play we like we did against Blackburn and Preston then it could well show us as relegation candidates.

In all fairness on paper Newcastle should beat us easily with the players they have available fortunately the games being played on grass and as we know results are very tricky to predict. I would personally like to see Caulker come back and play alongside Hall, it would obviously move Ned to right back as he's undropable, that first game of the season Caulker looked the business playing next to Hall and we need our strongest back four against the Toon.
JFHs team selection will be crucial against the better teams in the division, as we all know the Championship is very physical and we need to compete all over the pitch something that was seriously lacking on Saturday.

We just need to take one game at a time at the moment IMO we are still a work in progress and there are new players to integrate and some need to adjust to the English Championship, let's face it Polter has improved from the player we first saw last year and I would hope a few others will follow his example.
Season defining week? on 09:42 - Sep 12 with 1825 viewsdaveB

Season defining week? on 07:55 - Sep 12 by bosh67

Not season defining but possibly tactically defining.

Playing the top 2 is hardly likely to see us go all out attack so will give plenty a reason to get angry regardless of the results
Login to get fewer ads

Season defining week? on 09:47 - Sep 12 with 1810 viewswelwynranger

Season defining week? on 09:41 - Sep 12 by Blue_Castello

Can't help thinking that the thread title is a tad over dramatic considering we have a new team on a vastly reduced budget and have been shopping in the bargain basement, certainly compared to some of the title contenders.

However it's true the next few games will give us a much better idea of the level we are currently performing and if we play we like we did against Blackburn and Preston then it could well show us as relegation candidates.

In all fairness on paper Newcastle should beat us easily with the players they have available fortunately the games being played on grass and as we know results are very tricky to predict. I would personally like to see Caulker come back and play alongside Hall, it would obviously move Ned to right back as he's undropable, that first game of the season Caulker looked the business playing next to Hall and we need our strongest back four against the Toon.
JFHs team selection will be crucial against the better teams in the division, as we all know the Championship is very physical and we need to compete all over the pitch something that was seriously lacking on Saturday.

We just need to take one game at a time at the moment IMO we are still a work in progress and there are new players to integrate and some need to adjust to the English Championship, let's face it Polter has improved from the player we first saw last year and I would hope a few others will follow his example.

Yea your right. I was going to head it. Tough week ahead. Went a bit over top. Stand corrected
Season defining week? on 09:54 - Sep 12 with 1799 viewsLadbrokeR

Season defining week? on 09:18 - Sep 12 by Northernr

Aint that the truth. Add to that a Janury transfer window and the fact that hardly any of these new players have established themselves yet.
Season defining week? on 10:20 - Sep 12 with 1771 viewsstevec

Not sure if character is the issue, quality more like.

Maybe not the team, or the manager, but at the very top it feels like we're being mapped out to finish a 'creditable' 11th, treading water until decisions have been set in stone on the new stadium.

JFH will be performing a minor miracle if he can get this team into the play offs.
Season defining week? on 11:09 - Sep 12 with 1712 viewsessextaxiboy

I think we stand a decent chance of 4 or even 6 points .Cant see Newcastle not try and take the game to us and away from home the same .We are struggling to break teams down . It may be a bit easier for us ...
Season defining week? on 11:41 - Sep 12 with 1658 viewsdaveB

Season defining week? on 10:20 - Sep 12 by stevec

Not sure if character is the issue, quality more like.

Maybe not the team, or the manager, but at the very top it feels like we're being mapped out to finish a 'creditable' 11th, treading water until decisions have been set in stone on the new stadium.

JFH will be performing a minor miracle if he can get this team into the play offs.

Due to FFP I don't think the club have any other choice but to put together a younger squad to finish mid table and develop into one that can challenge in the coming years.
Season defining week? on 12:14 - Sep 12 with 1583 viewsLongsufferingR

Season defining week? on 11:41 - Sep 12 by daveB

Due to FFP I don't think the club have any other choice but to put together a younger squad to finish mid table and develop into one that can challenge in the coming years.

Absolutely, and I think we have exactly the right personnel in charge to take us forward. The club needed to be stripped down and taken back to where it used to be before TF's madness in chasing dreams set in, and I like the way we're going about things.

Remember it took SAF 4 years to transform Man.U. and expecting instant results/fancy football immediately would lead us back to the methods that put us £250m in the hole.

I for one am fully behind Hoos, Ferdinand, JFH and of course Conor in what they are doing.
Season defining week? on 12:25 - Sep 12 with 1561 viewsloftus77

It's a funny thing perception in football.

1-1 draw at home to Blackburn, a team from the North, 1 point gained - meltdown.
1-1 draw at home to Newcastle, a team from the North, 1 point gained - euphoria, no doubt.
Season defining week? on 12:56 - Sep 12 with 1499 viewslondonscottish

Season defining week? on 11:09 - Sep 12 by essextaxiboy

I think we stand a decent chance of 4 or even 6 points .Cant see Newcastle not try and take the game to us and away from home the same .We are struggling to break teams down . It may be a bit easier for us ...

Agree and hope so,

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Season defining week? on 12:56 - Sep 12 with 1499 viewsadhoc_qpr

I think we already know what this season is going to bring don't we?

Conservative tactics, solid in defence and pretty limited in attack with the odd bit of flair from Chery/Shodipo/Ngaboto.

Mid-table beckons and for every good win (Leeds/Cardiff) there will be a woeful loss (Preston).
Season defining week? on 13:35 - Sep 12 with 1413 viewsLadbrokeR

Season defining week? on 22:13 - Sep 11 by connell10

Nah not after just 8 games mate.

How about giving Sam 8 games.
Season defining week? on 13:59 - Sep 12 with 1362 viewsTacticalR

Season defining week? on 12:14 - Sep 12 by LongsufferingR

Absolutely, and I think we have exactly the right personnel in charge to take us forward. The club needed to be stripped down and taken back to where it used to be before TF's madness in chasing dreams set in, and I like the way we're going about things.

Remember it took SAF 4 years to transform Man.U. and expecting instant results/fancy football immediately would lead us back to the methods that put us £250m in the hole.

I for one am fully behind Hoos, Ferdinand, JFH and of course Conor in what they are doing.

The days of Fergie are long gone.

'The average lifespan of a Football League manager is 17 months, a sentence reduced to eight months in the charnel house of the Championship.'

Michael Calvin, Living on the Volcano - The Secrets of Surviving as a Football Manager (2015)

Air hostess clique

Season defining week? on 14:03 - Sep 12 with 1354 viewsTacticalR

Season defining week? on 12:25 - Sep 12 by loftus77

It's a funny thing perception in football.

1-1 draw at home to Blackburn, a team from the North, 1 point gained - meltdown.
1-1 draw at home to Newcastle, a team from the North, 1 point gained - euphoria, no doubt.

Northern teams have a lot to answer for.

Air hostess clique

Season defining week? on 14:12 - Sep 12 with 1336 viewsLongsufferingR

Season defining week? on 14:03 - Sep 12 by TacticalR

Northern teams have a lot to answer for.

Yes, I still haven't forgiven Spurs for the Cup Final in 82.
Season defining week? on 15:49 - Sep 12 with 1226 viewskensalriser

Season defining week? on 13:59 - Sep 12 by TacticalR

The days of Fergie are long gone.

'The average lifespan of a Football League manager is 17 months, a sentence reduced to eight months in the charnel house of the Championship.'

Michael Calvin, Living on the Volcano - The Secrets of Surviving as a Football Manager (2015)

We've had eleven 'permanent' managers since Holloway. Only three of them lasted more than a calendar year. So for all those urging Jimmy to be given time, the reality is that he's not going to get much more if things don't go well - and he's already been with us for over nine months.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Season defining week? on 15:51 - Sep 12 with 1224 viewsLongsufferingR

Season defining week? on 15:49 - Sep 12 by kensalriser

We've had eleven 'permanent' managers since Holloway. Only three of them lasted more than a calendar year. So for all those urging Jimmy to be given time, the reality is that he's not going to get much more if things don't go well - and he's already been with us for over nine months.

....but we're 7th.
Season defining week? on 16:53 - Sep 12 with 1154 viewsDylanP

Season defining week? on 15:51 - Sep 12 by LongsufferingR

....but we're 7th.

Chances are that at least one of the two teams at the top of the table will not be there after Christmas and another team will have taken their place, perhaps from below us. It is fun to speculate, but we shouldn't pretend that too much has been established yet in this division. Remember that Newcastle lost their first two games of the season and are now above us.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Season defining week? on 17:03 - Sep 12 with 1140 viewsPlanetHonneywood

So if we lose, we take 7th and don't need to be bothered until August 2017?

Howay the bonny lads like then....
[Post edited 12 Sep 2016 17:04]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024