Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gerrard 17:57 - Nov 17 with 4087 viewsmacro

In talks to become a League 1 boss... MK Dons
Gerrard on 18:01 - Nov 17 with 3338 viewsD_Alien

Probably sees an opportunity for himself as a future England manager

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Gerrard on 19:40 - Nov 17 with 3168 viewsChaffRAFC

An absolute grade A c*** managing one of the most c***ish football clubs in the country, run by one of the most odious c***s in football. Just when you think you can't dislike MK Franchise any more than you already do...

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Gerrard on 20:03 - Nov 17 with 3096 viewsDaley_Lama

What has Stevie G done to offend you so Chaff?

Poll: DF in or out

Gerrard on 20:12 - Nov 17 with 3068 viewsFondles

Chaff supports scum
Gerrard on 20:28 - Nov 17 with 3031 viewsDaley_Lama

We all have our flaws, I suppose.

Poll: DF in or out

Gerrard on 23:36 - Nov 17 with 2858 viewsdingdangblue

Gerrard on 20:03 - Nov 17 by Daley_Lama

What has Stevie G done to offend you so Chaff?

Kicked a ball for the wrong reds.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Gerrard on 06:56 - Nov 18 with 2792 viewsClivert

Whilst Ryan Giggs was shagging his own family members Gerrard was carrying Liverpool for around 15 years.

I'm glad such a high profile English footballer who has won almost everything in game wants to go into coaching rather than just sitting in a TV studio and stating the obvious like the likes of Paul Scholes and Rio Ferdinand do.
Gerrard on 07:01 - Nov 18 with 2784 viewsjav14

Surprised The Buckets haven't made an offer. Aren't they the richest and most ambitious club on the planet? That would be a Giggle.
Login to get fewer ads

Gerrard on 07:44 - Nov 18 with 2747 viewsjoecooke

Gerrard on 06:56 - Nov 18 by Clivert

Whilst Ryan Giggs was shagging his own family members Gerrard was carrying Liverpool for around 15 years.

I'm glad such a high profile English footballer who has won almost everything in game wants to go into coaching rather than just sitting in a TV studio and stating the obvious like the likes of Paul Scholes and Rio Ferdinand do.

No doubting Giggs and his sordid love life,but you might find that Gerrard is no paragon of virtue in that department!

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Gerrard on 08:57 - Nov 18 with 2667 viewsKenBoon

I suppose the so-called mk dons would see this as a PR success and legitimise them as a club as the scousers would clearly support them. Sadly they're not and never will be a football club. They're a boil on football, who never started from the bottom of the Football pyramid.
Gerrard on 19:52 - Nov 18 with 2468 viewsChaffRAFC

Almost everything in football, please remember, me, you, and everybody on here has as many Premiership winners medals as Steven Gerrard.

However, if Ryan Giggs divorces his wife, she will be entitled to 6 and a half Premier League Winners Medals as part of the settlement!

Stick to tw@tting DJ's in bars Stevie!

This does not slip now!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Gerrard on 20:08 - Nov 18 with 2440 viewsnordenblue

Regardless of what they both currently do now they have both won more than slippy G could ever dream of winning so I'd take their opinion over him any day of the week.......

Gerrard won't be commenting on games anytime soon he's got the charisma of a house plant
Gerrard on 20:54 - Nov 18 with 2361 viewsClivert

Gerrard on 20:08 - Nov 18 by nordenblue

Regardless of what they both currently do now they have both won more than slippy G could ever dream of winning so I'd take their opinion over him any day of the week.......

Gerrard won't be commenting on games anytime soon he's got the charisma of a house plant

As I said Gerrard carried Liverpool for more than a decade, a decade where they were pretty successful too obviously not as successful as a strong Man Utd team during that time.

I'm no Liverpool fan but anyone who belittles what Steven Gerrard has achieved in the game as a player is either a blinkered Man Utd/Chelsea/Everton fan or just knows bugger all about football.
Gerrard on 22:27 - Nov 18 with 2304 viewsnordenblue

Gerrard on 20:54 - Nov 18 by Clivert

As I said Gerrard carried Liverpool for more than a decade, a decade where they were pretty successful too obviously not as successful as a strong Man Utd team during that time.

I'm no Liverpool fan but anyone who belittles what Steven Gerrard has achieved in the game as a player is either a blinkered Man Utd/Chelsea/Everton fan or just knows bugger all about football.

I personally don't think he's achieved that much,he'd have done better moving clubs when he had the chance to maybe fulfill his potential as he was very much held back by some shocking sides hes played in.

I never really got the whole Stevie G a legend as a player thing,but then again I thought Roy Keane was nothing special either so what the hell do I know.....
Gerrard on 23:27 - Nov 18 with 2245 viewsClivert

Gerrard on 22:27 - Nov 18 by nordenblue

I personally don't think he's achieved that much,he'd have done better moving clubs when he had the chance to maybe fulfill his potential as he was very much held back by some shocking sides hes played in.

I never really got the whole Stevie G a legend as a player thing,but then again I thought Roy Keane was nothing special either so what the hell do I know.....

He won the Champions League, UEFA Cup, a couple of F.A. Cups and a few League Cups with those as you put it 'shocking' Liverpool sides.

Not really much more could have achieved apart from the obvious one.
Gerrard on 23:31 - Nov 18 with 2240 viewsjoecooke

Gerrard on 23:27 - Nov 18 by Clivert

He won the Champions League, UEFA Cup, a couple of F.A. Cups and a few League Cups with those as you put it 'shocking' Liverpool sides.

Top class player Gerrard was, him and Scholes in the middle of the park for England should have been a sight to behold.

Gerrard on 23:45 - Nov 18 with 2228 viewsD_Alien

Gerrard on 23:27 - Nov 18 by Clivert

His performance in the Champions League victory, certainly from half time onwards, was truly outstanding and the clearest demonstration of the influence he exerted over more than a decade at the top of the game

I'm not sure why anyone should seek to belittle him as a footballer, apart from the obvious shallowness of support for a different team

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Gerrard on 07:52 - Nov 19 with 2119 viewsdeeplishblue

He was a top player, but not a top, top player.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Gerrard on 08:26 - Nov 19 with 2104 viewsnordenblue

Gerrard on 23:45 - Nov 18 by D_Alien

His performance in the Champions League victory, certainly from half time onwards, was truly outstanding and the clearest demonstration of the influence he exerted over more than a decade at the top of the game

I'm not sure why anyone should seek to belittle him as a footballer, apart from the obvious shallowness of support for a different team

From a personal point of view I don't support any other team to not be keen on him,I just don't think he ever did enough at national level and went missing many times during games,hitting a 60 yard ball once a game didn't make him a worldy for me.

Watched him live a few times and he still didn't do much for me,Suarez on the odd occasion I watched him on person was on a totally different level however,so it's not a Liverpool hate thing.
Gerrard on 10:13 - Nov 19 with 1995 viewsBigDaveMyCock

I was talking to a colleague who is a season ticket holder at Anfield at a do on Thursday and we got on to the issue of Gerrard. I was surprised at the response I got tbf. Whilst he was a huge fan of Gerrard, he admitted that he would struggle to place Gerrard into the current Klopp side. When I said surely Gerrard was better than Henderson he agreed but added that he wouldn't want to remove Henderson's discipline in midfield. He was telling me Henderson is the player that Klopp mostly barks instructions to and he carries them out to the letter. The gegenpressen tactic requires strict, very German of course, team discipline and whilst Gerrard is undoubtedly a better player he would rather have Henderson in a Klopp side. He also said that whilst Gerrard could be brilliant, fookin amazing in fact, his game management wasn't that good and that he found it hard to sometimes just do the simple things. Often games were thrown away from winning positions because Gerrard was giving the ball away by trying to do too much - too many superman balls as he put it. He also said that Klopp has benefited from Gerrard not being around whereas he felt Rogers often felt under pressure to play him.

Only one person's view but far more balanced than I was used to hearing from scousers.

Incidentally, I asked him would Louis Suarez would walk into this Klopp side. He said without any hesitation yes. Deeplisblue may have called it about right.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Gerrard on 10:35 - Nov 19 with 1961 viewsfitzochris

Gerrard on 10:13 - Nov 19 by BigDaveMyCock

I was talking to a colleague who is a season ticket holder at Anfield at a do on Thursday and we got on to the issue of Gerrard. I was surprised at the response I got tbf. Whilst he was a huge fan of Gerrard, he admitted that he would struggle to place Gerrard into the current Klopp side. When I said surely Gerrard was better than Henderson he agreed but added that he wouldn't want to remove Henderson's discipline in midfield. He was telling me Henderson is the player that Klopp mostly barks instructions to and he carries them out to the letter. The gegenpressen tactic requires strict, very German of course, team discipline and whilst Gerrard is undoubtedly a better player he would rather have Henderson in a Klopp side. He also said that whilst Gerrard could be brilliant, fookin amazing in fact, his game management wasn't that good and that he found it hard to sometimes just do the simple things. Often games were thrown away from winning positions because Gerrard was giving the ball away by trying to do too much - too many superman balls as he put it. He also said that Klopp has benefited from Gerrard not being around whereas he felt Rogers often felt under pressure to play him.

Only one person's view but far more balanced than I was used to hearing from scousers.

Incidentally, I asked him would Louis Suarez would walk into this Klopp side. He said without any hesitation yes. Deeplisblue may have called it about right.

It's no coincidence that Klopp's development of Lallana and Henderson has transferred to their England performances, too.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Gerrard on 10:47 - Nov 19 with 1949 viewsjoecooke

Gerrard on 10:35 - Nov 19 by fitzochris

It's no coincidence that Klopp's development of Lallana and Henderson has transferred to their England performances, too.

Only my opinion but Henderson is an awful footballer,a workhorse at best and if we had produced any half decent midfielders for England over the past five years he wouldnt get near the England setup.

Gerrard on 10:49 - Nov 19 with 1941 views442Dale

The whole 'Gerrard and Lampard can't play together' thing came from both player's inability to learn/accept the tactical requirements involved. It's amazing that neither, great players that they were, couldn't manage to grasp more tactically, and that if they could add that to their games they'd benefit from it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Gerrard on 11:05 - Nov 19 with 1906 viewsfitzochris

Gerrard on 10:47 - Nov 19 by joecooke

Only my opinion but Henderson is an awful footballer,a workhorse at best and if we had produced any half decent midfielders for England over the past five years he wouldnt get near the England setup.

He's one of those footballers that, individually, doesn't set the pulse racing, true. However, from what I've seen of him for Liverpool and England so far this season, he has been integral in the games he's played.

He may not have the glamour, but he performs an important role.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Gerrard on 11:11 - Nov 19 with 1893 viewsDaleiLama

Paul Scholes lite for me.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024