Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article 18:23 - Nov 17 with 21661 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Good stuff from Phil.

http://www.espnfc.us/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/2998035/swansea-face-un

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:25 - Nov 19 with 1470 viewsDarran

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:22 - Nov 19 by waynekerr55

I concur.

He's put himself in line for POTY, not that he'd give a f*ck mind

Nah no f*cking chance.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 02:48 - Nov 20 with 1357 viewsHumpty

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:25 - Nov 19 by morningstar

So, one of 'nonce.com's' top boys has got you in his pocket! Who'd have thought the day eh?
[Post edited 19 Nov 2016 22:32]

I have never been a member of The Jack Army forum.

I've nothing against it as such but it's not for me. I find the squabbling that goes on between both forums incredibly childish.
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 04:13 - Nov 20 with 1346 viewsDJack

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 14:41 - Nov 19 by Murph75

I'll let you figure that one out yourself.

I missed this post earlier... So what you're saying is that you can't, right.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 07:22 - Nov 20 with 1316 viewswaynekerr55

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 02:48 - Nov 20 by Humpty

I have never been a member of The Jack Army forum.

I've nothing against it as such but it's not for me. I find the squabbling that goes on between both forums incredibly childish.

My point still stands though. You sir produced one of the finest posts this forum has seen!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 11:34 - Nov 20 with 1231 viewsMurph75

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 04:13 - Nov 20 by DJack

I missed this post earlier... So what you're saying is that you can't, right.

You're doing it for me.

Can you honestly not see you're doing the exact thing you started complaining that others do?

Compromise by not responding.
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 15:58 - Nov 20 with 1147 viewsDJack

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 11:34 - Nov 20 by Murph75

You're doing it for me.

Can you honestly not see you're doing the exact thing you started complaining that others do?

Compromise by not responding.

Let's go through this slowly and let's see if you can give a proper response - I'd honestly be happy for you to set the record straight.

SNORK commented on you and others squabbling and below is part of your reply. I in turn pointed out that where we disagree shouldn't be the focus but where we agree should. This should be done irrespective of the posters "identity"

MURPH "People have different opinions. Some times they agree, sometimes they don't."

DJACK "I think you, once again, spectacularly missed the point. He and the rest of us are aware that we disagree on many things but it would be better to concentrate our efforts on finding some consensus on the direction that we, the fanbase, need to take. Many of the good points made get lost in the internecine warfare that erupts when posters see the identity of the authors of many a good (and bad) post."

Ok so far? Then you claimed that my post was contradictory without noting "my contradiction" and you changed your stance from sometimes agree/disagree to never agree and respond the same. See below

Murph "This post completely contradicts the point you're trying to make. People are never going to agree and will often respond in like. It's life.

...My riposte below. Mostly self evident as our daily home and work lives are built around compromises. I also pointed out that those that never agree with others get left behind - Which is a theme also mentioned by Uxbridge and Costalotta when speaking to the Ressurrection.

DJack "If you believe that people don't(have to) compromise then you are as dull as Warwick postulates. Yes, there are people that never agree and won't move from that position but they are left behind to do their own thing...Meanwhile the rest of us make do with a compromise."

At first I missed the thrust of your next position which meant my reply was unfocused. After thinking further I suspect that your next post claims that my stating that the rest of us have to make compromises and that you don't accept that is somehow me not compromising...Bizzare! - Please correct any fallacy on my part.

Murph "Is this you compromising? If not maybe you need to take you're own advice."

DJACK "Please show me where I'm in need of compromise. "

Your next statement would make sense if my latter assumption on your previous post is correct (A tortuous sentence, I know, but I think you'll understand). It would also make my reply, noted below, redundant. As I said above bizzare.

Murph "I'll let you figure that one out yourself."

DJack "I missed this post earlier... So what you're saying is that you can't, right."

Your latest reply would seem just as mad if my assumption is correct. So please explain to me in simple unequivocal words exactly what you are trying to say.

Ta

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 16:03 - Nov 20 with 1139 viewsMurph75

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 15:58 - Nov 20 by DJack

Let's go through this slowly and let's see if you can give a proper response - I'd honestly be happy for you to set the record straight.

SNORK commented on you and others squabbling and below is part of your reply. I in turn pointed out that where we disagree shouldn't be the focus but where we agree should. This should be done irrespective of the posters "identity"

MURPH "People have different opinions. Some times they agree, sometimes they don't."

DJACK "I think you, once again, spectacularly missed the point. He and the rest of us are aware that we disagree on many things but it would be better to concentrate our efforts on finding some consensus on the direction that we, the fanbase, need to take. Many of the good points made get lost in the internecine warfare that erupts when posters see the identity of the authors of many a good (and bad) post."

Ok so far? Then you claimed that my post was contradictory without noting "my contradiction" and you changed your stance from sometimes agree/disagree to never agree and respond the same. See below

Murph "This post completely contradicts the point you're trying to make. People are never going to agree and will often respond in like. It's life.

...My riposte below. Mostly self evident as our daily home and work lives are built around compromises. I also pointed out that those that never agree with others get left behind - Which is a theme also mentioned by Uxbridge and Costalotta when speaking to the Ressurrection.

DJack "If you believe that people don't(have to) compromise then you are as dull as Warwick postulates. Yes, there are people that never agree and won't move from that position but they are left behind to do their own thing...Meanwhile the rest of us make do with a compromise."

At first I missed the thrust of your next position which meant my reply was unfocused. After thinking further I suspect that your next post claims that my stating that the rest of us have to make compromises and that you don't accept that is somehow me not compromising...Bizzare! - Please correct any fallacy on my part.

Murph "Is this you compromising? If not maybe you need to take you're own advice."

DJACK "Please show me where I'm in need of compromise. "

Your next statement would make sense if my latter assumption on your previous post is correct (A tortuous sentence, I know, but I think you'll understand). It would also make my reply, noted below, redundant. As I said above bizzare.

Murph "I'll let you figure that one out yourself."

DJack "I missed this post earlier... So what you're saying is that you can't, right."

Your latest reply would seem just as mad if my assumption is correct. So please explain to me in simple unequivocal words exactly what you are trying to say.

Ta

I knew you couldn't resist. Thanks for proving me right.
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 16:10 - Nov 20 with 1128 viewsDJack

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 16:03 - Nov 20 by Murph75

I knew you couldn't resist. Thanks for proving me right.

So still nothing of sense from you and any "proof" you have is only in your head. Enjoy your day.

Login to get fewer ads

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 16:11 - Nov 20 with 1121 viewsMurph75

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 16:10 - Nov 20 by DJack

So still nothing of sense from you and any "proof" you have is only in your head. Enjoy your day.

Many thanks. Hope you're having a splendid Sunday yourself.
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 16:17 - Nov 20 with 1100 viewsDJack

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 16:11 - Nov 20 by Murph75

Many thanks. Hope you're having a splendid Sunday yourself.

That's better at least. Thank you.

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 16:40 - Nov 20 with 1055 viewsMurph75

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 16:17 - Nov 20 by DJack

That's better at least. Thank you.

Well I thought we needed a compromise as you were clearly losing your sh!t.
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 17:09 - Nov 20 with 1007 viewsDJack

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 16:40 - Nov 20 by Murph75

Well I thought we needed a compromise as you were clearly losing your sh!t.

That statement surprises me as I was not in any way "losing my sh!t" I'm also non-plussed as to what gave you that impression - could you please clarify?

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 17:11 - Nov 20 with 1004 viewsMurph75

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 17:09 - Nov 20 by DJack

That statement surprises me as I was not in any way "losing my sh!t" I'm also non-plussed as to what gave you that impression - could you please clarify?

I'm not surprised it surprises you. Sometimes we often miss the obvious when we're enraged.

Please stop harassing me. You're spoiling the enjoyment of the thread for other users.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2016 17:15]
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 17:16 - Nov 20 with 978 viewsDJack

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 17:11 - Nov 20 by Murph75

I'm not surprised it surprises you. Sometimes we often miss the obvious when we're enraged.

Please stop harassing me. You're spoiling the enjoyment of the thread for other users.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2016 17:15]

Erm, whose enraged, who missed the obviou? Ccertainly not me for either and I'll ask again, could you please clarify?

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 17:19 - Nov 20 with 974 viewsMurph75

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 17:16 - Nov 20 by DJack

Erm, whose enraged, who missed the obviou? Ccertainly not me for either and I'll ask again, could you please clarify?

Clearly you're enraged. Your spelling is over the place.

Can you just not accept a compromise and agree to disagree? Maybe the thread can get back on track then?!
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 17:30 - Nov 20 with 949 viewsDJack

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 17:19 - Nov 20 by Murph75

Clearly you're enraged. Your spelling is over the place.

Can you just not accept a compromise and agree to disagree? Maybe the thread can get back on track then?!

Really, so when in the past you've made a spelling mistake or a keyboard error you were enraged. You must be a very angry person.

You've not once offered a compromise for me to "accept". You posted gubbins and were called up for it and then you tried to get me to bite by saying that I missed the obvious and that I was enraged.

I am happy to let the thread get back on track and I'm happy to agree to disagree but I must ask what's the weather like on your extra-solar planet Mr Bizzare?

Enjoy your day.

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 17:44 - Nov 20 with 927 viewsMurph75

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 17:30 - Nov 20 by DJack

Really, so when in the past you've made a spelling mistake or a keyboard error you were enraged. You must be a very angry person.

You've not once offered a compromise for me to "accept". You posted gubbins and were called up for it and then you tried to get me to bite by saying that I missed the obvious and that I was enraged.

I am happy to let the thread get back on track and I'm happy to agree to disagree but I must ask what's the weather like on your extra-solar planet Mr Bizzare?

Enjoy your day.

Somebody has certainly put 50p in you haven't they.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2016 17:46]
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 19:42 - Nov 20 with 822 viewsbarry_island

Squabble over?

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 19:43 - Nov 20 with 819 viewsMurph75

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 19:42 - Nov 20 by barry_island

Squabble over?

He's followed me on to another thread.
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 19:48 - Nov 20 with 806 viewsbarry_island

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 19:43 - Nov 20 by Murph75

He's followed me on to another thread.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 20:06 - Nov 20 with 766 viewsStarsky

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 17:30 - Nov 20 by DJack

Enjoy your day.

D Jack... I always thought you were too intelligent to keep biting at Murphys posts.

It's just the internet, init.

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 20:43 - Nov 20 with 708 viewsmorningstar

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 20:06 - Nov 20 by Starsky

D Jack... I always thought you were too intelligent to keep biting at Murphys posts.

Pointless disagreeing with Murph, it's like falling out with the wife, she will always win in the end with the illogical stupidity of her point which somehow makes it impossible to argue against without putting yourself in the wrong. I don't know how they do it! Anyway, back to Murph, i always find it better to just call him a c0ck or a tvvat every now and then and leave it at that. Makes me feel better anyway!
[Post edited 20 Nov 2016 20:43]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 20:45 - Nov 20 with 699 viewsmonmouth

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 20:43 - Nov 20 by morningstar

Pointless disagreeing with Murph, it's like falling out with the wife, she will always win in the end with the illogical stupidity of her point which somehow makes it impossible to argue against without putting yourself in the wrong. I don't know how they do it! Anyway, back to Murph, i always find it better to just call him a c0ck or a tvvat every now and then and leave it at that. Makes me feel better anyway!

Wives don't win though, they just have more stamina and theaten loss of privileges.

Oh yeah, so they do win. As you were.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 20:50 - Nov 20 with 674 viewsMurph75

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 20:43 - Nov 20 by morningstar

Evening you t0sser.
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 20:51 - Nov 20 with 672 viewsmorningstar

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 20:45 - Nov 20 by monmouth

Wives don't win though, they just have more stamina and theaten loss of privileges.

Oh yeah, so they do win. As you were.

Yes but god forbid if you match them for stamina! That makes you the most evil bastad that ever walked the face of the earth!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024