Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article 18:23 - Nov 17 with 21608 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Good stuff from Phil.

http://www.espnfc.us/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/2998035/swansea-face-un

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 07:36 - Nov 18 with 1544 viewsAngelRangelQS

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 07:28 - Nov 18 by Phil_S

Yes I believe that there would be

Thanks Phil - that's good news.
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 08:07 - Nov 18 with 1506 viewsbarry_island

It's also expected news from our "apparent" asset strippers.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 09:07 - Nov 18 with 1433 viewsPegojack

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:55 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

I completely agree - forget the Premier League club part the fact that any business with our level of turnover is having just 4 board meetings a year seems madness

I'm not sure the Trust has lost the monetary value of the shares though to be honest although I know where you are coming from when you have said it

None of the deal has been anyone playing fair or caring for the part the Trust (fans) have played in getting the club to where it is.....its all really depressing sadly

I'm sure this has been written about ad nauseam in other posts in the past, but can the expert posters who work in the City, etc., please enlighten us once again as to the law regarding shareholdings in companies? I was under the impression that if an individual or group bought a controlling stake in a company by purchasing the majority of the shares, then they were legally obliged to offer to buy the remaining shares from the other shareholders under the same terms and conditions.
If this was the case with Swansea City, I have little doubt now that it would be in the interests of the Trust to sell their stake to create a 'rainy day' fund, because as sure as eggs is eggs, that rainy day is approaching like an express train.
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 09:20 - Nov 18 with 1413 viewsSmellyplumz

Do you think we will stay up this season Phil??

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 09:24 - Nov 18 with 1402 viewsUxbridge

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 09:07 - Nov 18 by Pegojack

I'm sure this has been written about ad nauseam in other posts in the past, but can the expert posters who work in the City, etc., please enlighten us once again as to the law regarding shareholdings in companies? I was under the impression that if an individual or group bought a controlling stake in a company by purchasing the majority of the shares, then they were legally obliged to offer to buy the remaining shares from the other shareholders under the same terms and conditions.
If this was the case with Swansea City, I have little doubt now that it would be in the interests of the Trust to sell their stake to create a 'rainy day' fund, because as sure as eggs is eggs, that rainy day is approaching like an express train.

That's for PLC's only, not limited companies. Hence why Kroenke had to offer for Arsenal.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 09:25 - Nov 18 with 1420 viewsSmellyplumz

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 23:00 - Nov 17 by Smellyplumz

A total stitch up from beginning to the end with nothing we can do, our club gone in the blink of an eye. Sad sad days.

Bump

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 09:28 - Nov 18 with 1413 viewsPegojack

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 09:24 - Nov 18 by Uxbridge

That's for PLC's only, not limited companies. Hence why Kroenke had to offer for Arsenal.

Thanks, Ux, are there any rights for the minority shareholders of limited companies in this respect?
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 09:29 - Nov 18 with 1408 viewsUxbridge

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 09:28 - Nov 18 by Pegojack

Thanks, Ux, are there any rights for the minority shareholders of limited companies in this respect?

Not unless included in any shareholders agreement, articles etc. Which isn't the case here.

Login to get fewer ads

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 09:34 - Nov 18 with 1395 viewsUxbridge

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 23:00 - Nov 17 by Smellyplumz

A total stitch up from beginning to the end with nothing we can do, our club gone in the blink of an eye. Sad sad days.

This is the bit that needn't be the case, for me anyway.

The aims of the Trust and the Americans should be relatively similar. Ensure the club is successful, run properly and increases in value over the next few years which can only happen if the club remains in the PL. It's not in anyone's interest for the club to rack up mountains of debt, be run inefficiently, to go into freefall or become disengaged from its fans.

And yet, here we are. It's all so very needless.

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 09:56 - Nov 18 with 1344 viewsAngelRangelQS

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 09:29 - Nov 18 by Uxbridge

Not unless included in any shareholders agreement, articles etc. Which isn't the case here.

And the current shareholders agreement is the one that was filed this summer that the Trust was unaware of?
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 10:00 - Nov 18 with 1335 viewsRebMegJack

So there's not an option to take the "nuclear" route.

#livingthedream

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 10:04 - Nov 18 with 1330 viewsZut_Alors

"But behind the scenes, directors watched as other clubs were snapped up by wealthy foreign investors and believed that, without extra money, it was only a matter of time until Swansea were sucked back out of the Premier League. Sources tell ESPN FC that the directors were frustrated that fans didn't agree with this prognosis."

Every time I read these "without extra money, we'd be going down" type statements, it makes me so frustrated. For the good of the club, what a load of rubbish. I'd prefer it if they had come straight out and said I love the football club, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to make a few quid. At least then, supporters would be able to ask themselves whether they'd do the same.
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 10:07 - Nov 18 with 1317 viewsUxbridge

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 09:56 - Nov 18 by AngelRangelQS

And the current shareholders agreement is the one that was filed this summer that the Trust was unaware of?

And the one the Trust are not party to.

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 10:14 - Nov 18 with 1299 viewsSmellyplumz

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 09:34 - Nov 18 by Uxbridge

This is the bit that needn't be the case, for me anyway.

The aims of the Trust and the Americans should be relatively similar. Ensure the club is successful, run properly and increases in value over the next few years which can only happen if the club remains in the PL. It's not in anyone's interest for the club to rack up mountains of debt, be run inefficiently, to go into freefall or become disengaged from its fans.

And yet, here we are. It's all so very needless.

Oh come on Ux .. with all due respect do you really think that the Americans aims are similar?

Not really is it, the yanks are a money machine pure and simple that is their one aim , they couldn't give a toss for the club the fans or the football as long as its making profit, is that the aim of the trust?

Basically they have us lock stock and barrel and nothing anyone can do, its not ours anymore , we can just participate if we so with.

Very sad end to an era.

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 10:16 - Nov 18 with 1296 viewsSmellyplumz

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 10:00 - Nov 18 by RebMegJack

So there's not an option to take the "nuclear" route.

Does not look like it to me, RIP SCFC

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 10:27 - Nov 18 with 1259 viewsTheResurrection

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 23:09 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

Not at all the reality is it is a schedule that just shows total payments in each year

Basically it will show the figures as quoted in the statement. Stuart has it so I will email him now

However, I would like to know what facts you have got as per the previous post which I suspect you may have read before I edited it

Edited: Have asked Stuart about it

This post has been edited by an administrator

Phil,

I see Darran was straight behind this post trying' to ridicule Gary who asked the question.

Have you asked him to help you out on this forum when sticky questions get asked?

Because if you haven't then him doing what he does best will taint your reputation and you'll lose more trust.

On the Cooze remuneration it seems you are not 100% sure and like I told you Saturday his whole time as Supporters Director should count for nothing as we genuinely don't know what he did or didn't know and what exactly he did for us fans.

You lose that trust like he has and we'll be thinking the same about you.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 10:33 - Nov 18 with 1246 viewsblueytheblue

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 10:04 - Nov 18 by Zut_Alors

"But behind the scenes, directors watched as other clubs were snapped up by wealthy foreign investors and believed that, without extra money, it was only a matter of time until Swansea were sucked back out of the Premier League. Sources tell ESPN FC that the directors were frustrated that fans didn't agree with this prognosis."

Every time I read these "without extra money, we'd be going down" type statements, it makes me so frustrated. For the good of the club, what a load of rubbish. I'd prefer it if they had come straight out and said I love the football club, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to make a few quid. At least then, supporters would be able to ask themselves whether they'd do the same.

More importantly, where is this "extra money" coming from?

Investors that haven't invested...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 10:40 - Nov 18 with 1231 viewsperchrockjack

We re clearly treading water at the moment .

We don't have to drown but the time is going to come soon when the owners decide how we change the current situation.

Will a new manager change matters ?

If so how, given the lack of quality in the squad.

Somehow, to me, the only way is to employ a vicious hand on motivating manager who knows what it takes to keep us up or at least build for the future.

It could be the case the Yanks are shell shocked but it's up to them to save their investment and our club.

It has to happen soon

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 10:54 - Nov 18 with 1201 viewsDarran

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 10:27 - Nov 18 by TheResurrection

Phil,

I see Darran was straight behind this post trying' to ridicule Gary who asked the question.

Have you asked him to help you out on this forum when sticky questions get asked?

Because if you haven't then him doing what he does best will taint your reputation and you'll lose more trust.

On the Cooze remuneration it seems you are not 100% sure and like I told you Saturday his whole time as Supporters Director should count for nothing as we genuinely don't know what he did or didn't know and what exactly he did for us fans.

You lose that trust like he has and we'll be thinking the same about you.

lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 10:55 - Nov 18 with 1200 viewswaynekerr55

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 09:24 - Nov 18 by Uxbridge

Unfortunately true. My buddy who worked for the shareholders who revolted against Sports Direct told me that they would never have got away with this as a PLC.

"Creeping takeover" was the term he used.

Quite how Jenkins, Dineen, JVZ, Morgan and others can continue to be in the trough is beyond me. Hopefully they'll get their just desserts at the Palace game

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 11:13 - Nov 18 with 1166 viewsUxbridge

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 10:14 - Nov 18 by Smellyplumz

Oh come on Ux .. with all due respect do you really think that the Americans aims are similar?

Not really is it, the yanks are a money machine pure and simple that is their one aim , they couldn't give a toss for the club the fans or the football as long as its making profit, is that the aim of the trust?

Basically they have us lock stock and barrel and nothing anyone can do, its not ours anymore , we can just participate if we so with.

Very sad end to an era.

Think this through. How do you think the Americans can hope to make money out of the football club? The only way they make a profit on this deal, IMO, is for the club to be successful. Which is why I think they've made a bit of a pig's ear of several things to date.

I don't necessarily disagree with the thrust of your post. There's clearly less say in the decision making of the club at the moment. I understand the views of those feeling less attachment to the club now that in recent times, because to be blunt I feel the same way.

The Americans have a chance to resolve all that.

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 11:25 - Nov 18 with 1126 viewsUxbridge

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 10:55 - Nov 18 by waynekerr55

Unfortunately true. My buddy who worked for the shareholders who revolted against Sports Direct told me that they would never have got away with this as a PLC.

"Creeping takeover" was the term he used.

Quite how Jenkins, Dineen, JVZ, Morgan and others can continue to be in the trough is beyond me. Hopefully they'll get their just desserts at the Palace game

Well two of them are still directors of the football club due to their shareholding, if not their voting rights. Two aren't, and frankly shouldn't be anywhere near the director's box on matchdays. Ironically I think this is one of those things the Americans could easily resolve which would soothe a fair chunk of the tempers.

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 11:29 - Nov 18 with 1118 viewsmax936

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 11:13 - Nov 18 by Uxbridge

Think this through. How do you think the Americans can hope to make money out of the football club? The only way they make a profit on this deal, IMO, is for the club to be successful. Which is why I think they've made a bit of a pig's ear of several things to date.

I don't necessarily disagree with the thrust of your post. There's clearly less say in the decision making of the club at the moment. I understand the views of those feeling less attachment to the club now that in recent times, because to be blunt I feel the same way.

Basically it amounts to us fans looking in from the outside, that we seem totally toothless and without any say in what goes on at the club, we're at the Americans mercy ffs.

Huw Jenkins the failed business man saw the opportunity to clear any debts he may have add and also set himself up for the rest of his miserable life and said I'm ok jack and fuk Swansea City AFC and mostly its fans.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 11:34 - Nov 18 with 1110 viewsWingstandwood

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 11:13 - Nov 18 by Uxbridge

Well for the club to move forward and be successful it will have to purge/cleanse/exorcise the filth i.e. Jenkins, Dineen, Morgan, Van Zweden away otherwise a large section of support will become extremely nasty, rebellious and angry. Not the right conditions for the club to move forward. It will go backwards with them in-situ! The most unbelievable PR disaster and own-goal imaginable!

Also remove that utterly ridiculous Jenkins impostor far away from any team running matters. Consultancy role?.....Advisory role?...... DOF role?......A p#ss off permanently to Spain role is required to be more to the point!

Argus!

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 11:43 - Nov 18 with 1084 viewsperchrockjack

Nasty rebellious and angry is good in these circumstances .
Apathy isn't .

Really, we should be more focal than we ve ever been as a group

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024