Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JET 20:39 - Nov 28 with 2673 viewsDraytonR

Do think Ollie will recall Jay Emmanuel Thomas from the Gills ? He's banging the goals in again albeit at a lower level. It's a shame he's such a lazy sod because I reckon he could have achieved more.......your thoughts .
JET on 21:02 - Nov 28 with 2638 viewsJigsore

think he's the Cameron Jerome of League 1 personally

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

JET on 21:18 - Nov 28 with 2591 viewsPey

Strange he faded away from the Squad so quickly, must have not been into Jimmy's plans for this season from the start.
However i watched him in training over in the Netherlands i was impressed and considered him with ease the most natural on the ball and scoring at will, he does seem to have a Fer(risch) lazy appearance to go with him.
Maybe that last thing doesn't seem to be favor him in the eyes of several managers.
JET on 21:48 - Nov 28 with 2531 viewsCamberleyR

He's never done it consistently at Championship level whether it be on loan or permanently with Ipswich and us. He's been bombed out everywhere he's played. He's at his level.

Having said that he has worked with Olly before at Blackpool so you never know, stranger things have happened and may yet be given another chance.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

JET on 21:56 - Nov 28 with 2505 viewsfrancisbowles

I watched a few of the pre season games and he was the one who caught the eye, good in the air, strong on the ball, good shot. What he doesn't have is the ability to defend from the front. It could be laziness, lack of awareness, lack of mobility or, what I think it is, lack of stamina/engine. He a big unit and he seems to have to conserve energy.

I'm not sure if you have a break clause in a season long loan, but he may be worth another try with the new manager.
JET on 21:59 - Nov 28 with 2492 viewsCamberleyR

JET on 21:56 - Nov 28 by francisbowles

I watched a few of the pre season games and he was the one who caught the eye, good in the air, strong on the ball, good shot. What he doesn't have is the ability to defend from the front. It could be laziness, lack of awareness, lack of mobility or, what I think it is, lack of stamina/engine. He a big unit and he seems to have to conserve energy.

I'm not sure if you have a break clause in a season long loan, but he may be worth another try with the new manager.

You can recall a season long loan now but can't do it until the transfer window.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

JET on 22:21 - Nov 28 with 2443 viewsbosh67

I can see him recalling Furlong and Doughty. Definitely Doughty. Not sure about JET. Like him personally and may be best deployed down the left but we'll see.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

JET on 22:44 - Nov 28 with 2392 viewsLadbrokeR

I am employing a element of caution here as Holloway as only had two games and the forwards are getting used to his ways. That said I just don't think that polter is mobile enough.
JET on 23:15 - Nov 28 with 2349 viewsPunteR

On his day he's a good player. He's never settled down here for some reason but I guess Ollie could get the best out of him.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

JET on 10:16 - Nov 29 with 2103 viewssimmo

He's at his level, and I don't mean ability wise cos he could be a good championship player if he wanted, but he's at the level where he can play at the 60-70% he wants to play at and still be a top player.

As much as he's scoring here and there and popping up to influence games, he's also hanging out with rappers, arranging club nights and enjoying the footballer lifestyle too much. He won't make sacrifices or commit to being the best player he can be so he will play in league 1 and score 15-20 goals, take the plaudits, arrange a night out in a big hat.

Good luck to him but I can't see him ever doing enough to be the team player we need.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

JET on 10:19 - Nov 29 with 2097 viewsNorthernr

Colossal waste of talent. Too busy being "swazzy" to make the most of his obvious ability.
Maybe he will come back and Holloway will get him right and he'll be a success in the Championship. But half a dozen different managers at half a dozen different clubs thought that before and have all found the same thing - starts with a bang, behaves like a twt, generally can't be arsd.

JFH bombed him out immediately after his 'birthday party' around this time last year. One of those lads pay to get in, girls get in free sort of affairs. All fine, until you invite half the fcking youth team.

We're best off rid. If he's happy scoring the odd swazzy worldie for Gillingham that's fine. Waste of space.
JET on 10:34 - Nov 29 with 2071 viewstraininvain

JET on 22:44 - Nov 28 by LadbrokeR

I am employing a element of caution here as Holloway as only had two games and the forwards are getting used to his ways. That said I just don't think that polter is mobile enough.

Polter looked mobile enough taking his goal against Norwich.

But ultimately that's not really what's expected from his game, it's a bonus.

It's a bit like asking whether Furlong was mobile enough.
JET on 11:02 - Nov 29 with 2033 viewsthairanger

I would recall him without a shadow of an doubt
JET on 11:06 - Nov 29 with 2025 viewsisawqpratwcity

I remember him being the bloke who looked good enough to stand in for Austin, and then the bloke who couldn't be arsed for the next two months.

No thanks.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

JET on 11:17 - Nov 29 with 2003 viewsTacticalR

I haven't got time for this.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024