Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... 16:58 - Dec 7 with 6208 viewsHooped_Pullie

Now on the Offish that our tie against Blackburn will be a traditional 3pm Saturday kick-off on FA Cup 3rd round weekend, £10 for ST holders, £15 for the rest.

So far so good - and the Saturday 3pm K.o. is certainly welcome - but it is also announced that all of Ellerslie and half the School End will be closed for the game. When we played Sheffield United of the third tier just two years ago, I recall the whole place was open (I remember it well, as it gave me a very rare opportunity to return nostalgically to my old ST seat).

Should we even bother competing ? Have the club given up on the 'magic of the FA Cup' ? I can understand closing parts of the ground for a friendly, or midweek early-round league cup stuff against lower league opposition. But Saturday 3pm against a team from our own division ? Are we properly on our way out, or what ?
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 17:11 - Dec 7 with 3960 viewsPlanetHonneywood

£10 - I'll need more than that to motivate me to go!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 17:12 - Dec 7 with 3952 viewsDWQPR

Given that the FA have just another £billion of rights for the FA Cup it would have been nice for them to recognise that many clubs struggle to attract a crowd for the third round, especially given that there are three league games between Christmas and the third round weekend, people are struggling with finances and a gesture of say giving each club say, £100,000 each, which in Rangers case I dare say could have brought the cost of tickets down to £1 and free for kids, then seeing a packed out ground, would help re-energise the competition. For me third round day was a big event as a kid, and if Rangers were at home that day, then the crowd wouldn't differ from the crowds they got for league games. But hey ho, wishful thinking

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 17:33 - Dec 7 with 3903 viewsdaveB

Seems a sensible decision, we'll struggle to get 6,000 for that game.
Was the same for the league cup earlier this season
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 17:52 - Dec 7 with 3873 viewsenfieldargh

T'was a time an fa cup tie was one of the bigger draws of a football season.

Where did it all go wrong?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 18:32 - Dec 7 with 3777 viewsRangersw12

Expensive prices as usual

Wish the club would use their brains for once when deciding prices for these cup games

£5 pay on the day Adults
£1 for kids
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 19:23 - Dec 7 with 3698 viewsGloryHunter

Football is nearly finished now. After 50 years, I'm thinking of calling it a day.
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 19:26 - Dec 7 with 3691 viewsBrightonhoop

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 18:32 - Dec 7 by Rangersw12

Wish the club would use their brains for once when deciding prices for these cup games

£5 pay on the day Adults
£1 for kids

Exactly, not worth more than a fiver, and the Club know it, which is why the Ellerslie will be reportedly closed.
Not the Clubs fault though, there's a pricing tipping point with police costs, and a devalued domestic Cup devalued over a generation. FACup used to be such a big deal when we were kids right through the 80's, but 25 years on I'd have to dig deep even for a fiver. Used to queue down SAR for hours to get the next round priority bookings. What a terrible sorry mess football is.
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 19:49 - Dec 7 with 3646 viewspaulparker

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 18:32 - Dec 7 by Rangersw12

£5 pay on the day Adults
£1 for kids

Spot on £15 plus booking fee for this garbage its an insult and a p1ss take from the club
Football is fcuked in this country

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 21:20 - Dec 7 with 3519 viewsactonman

£5 or £10 pay on the door, kids for a quid , it's not hard ?

Alternatively shut off the top tiers as opposed to 1 complete side of the ground as that's just fking weird unless your playing an under 15 friendly at 1 o'clock on a Thursday afternoon !!
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 21:39 - Dec 7 with 3486 viewsHollowayRanger

do blackburn get a say in the price?

gave up on cup matches about same time that QPR gave up on them

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 22:00 - Dec 7 with 3448 viewsTrellick

March 1974 FA Cup home to Leicester (Glover is god)
crowd was 34,078
How times change.
Well not everything because we got knocked out
[Post edited 7 Dec 2016 22:01]
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 22:12 - Dec 7 with 3419 viewsTrellick

I also wonder with these prices if the club have remembered we are at home 5 days before this match
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 22:23 - Dec 7 with 3387 viewsHendonHoop

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 19:23 - Dec 7 by GloryHunter

Football is nearly finished now. After 50 years, I'm thinking of calling it a day.

Yeah, me too. The magic went for me many years ago. There are so many more things to do these days. I sure can live without it.
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 22:30 - Dec 7 with 3370 viewsMatch82

Let me preface this by saying I don't go to the games these days for geographical reasons.

But... did I miss something with the prices? Ten quid is significantly cheaper than a "normal" game. I know this is QPR and we will get knocked out after a poor cup performance as usual, but we can't start pricing on that basis!

When I left the UK the fa cup was still something to look forward to (unless you were a QPR fan)
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 22:33 - Dec 7 with 3366 viewsShotKneesHoop

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 22:00 - Dec 7 by Trellick

March 1974 FA Cup home to Leicester (Glover is god)
crowd was 34,078
How times change.
Well not everything because we got knocked out
[Post edited 7 Dec 2016 22:01]

"Oh yes for the youngster," - John Motson shown on Match of the Day preview every year till 2000
- "Two Goal Joe" did us that day and was never head of again.

Gypsies curse.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 22:33 - Dec 7 with 3365 viewsLadbrokeR

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 22:12 - Dec 7 by Trellick

I also wonder with these prices if the club have remembered we are at home 5 days before this match

I remember that game also seeing that banner. I remember going into school and the RE teacher using it as a subject of conversation. In fact I probably went to the game with you.
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 23:27 - Dec 7 with 3299 viewsBrightonhoop

A tipping point is being reached. Wanna go to the game>? Nah.

We'll pay you a fiver, make it £15 and booking fee, plus travel and food. Blackburn? fark that even in the UK i would be going home.

Tw4ts. Only tw4ats could alienate core supporters to show great support on tv. Even Madrid is empty, cameras never pan 15 degrees above pitch level because nobody goes.

Not exactly the beautiful game anymore, more a cockroaches sewer of choice.
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 10:42 - Dec 8 with 3117 viewsthemodfather

2 things put many off this cup game.
1) £15 for non st holders
2) £15 for ferking blackburn!

why haven't sky picked this little gem? great for a thursday noon ko.
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 10:50 - Dec 8 with 3104 viewsToast_R

I think it has to be agreed with Blackburn re prices as they split the revenues.
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 10:57 - Dec 8 with 3089 viewsAntti_Heinola

Think the prices are absolutely fine and a good gesture. Can't believe they're getting grief for it. Well, I can. They get grief for absolutely everything. Pretty sure it's Hoos's fault that the trains are so sh!t these days. £10 for ST holders is decent. But it could be free and I still won't be going. Going to be a turgid match against turgid opposition. Got better things to do, sadly.

Bare bones.

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 11:02 - Dec 8 with 3084 viewspaulparker

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 10:57 - Dec 8 by Antti_Heinola

Think the prices are absolutely fine and a good gesture. Can't believe they're getting grief for it. Well, I can. They get grief for absolutely everything. Pretty sure it's Hoos's fault that the trains are so sh!t these days. £10 for ST holders is decent. But it could be free and I still won't be going. Going to be a turgid match against turgid opposition. Got better things to do, sadly.

Why not make it a fiver for everyone and kids for a quid ?
£15 plus booking fee is not value for money or a good gesture by the club

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 11:08 - Dec 8 with 3071 viewsAntti_Heinola

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 11:02 - Dec 8 by paulparker

Why not make it a fiver for everyone and kids for a quid ?
£15 plus booking fee is not value for money or a good gesture by the club

Because they'd make a huge loss? And it probably wouldn't increase the crowd by anywhere near enough to make it worthwhile?
Think it's both ok value and a good gesture. If you're not an ST holder you're not a proper fan anyway.*

*I AM JOKING!

Bare bones.

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 11:23 - Dec 8 with 3042 viewspaulparker

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 11:08 - Dec 8 by Antti_Heinola

Because they'd make a huge loss? And it probably wouldn't increase the crowd by anywhere near enough to make it worthwhile?
Think it's both ok value and a good gesture. If you're not an ST holder you're not a proper fan anyway.*

*I AM JOKING!

Did the club make a huge loss when we played Sunderland in September ?
if anything it doubled the gate more than we would have got, this means more pie/burger/chips sales, more beers being consumed, more merchandise being bought , more programmes being purchased
if you advertise it and market it well then you know in advance how many people we will get and what to budget for
this game will barely get 5k at the prices we have been given , if we sold tickets for a fiver we would get probably 12k, maybe 13k , have a sale at the club shop on the day, have tony or Les do a Q&A in the Bok before , do something to make it worthwhile and profitable

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 11:23 - Dec 8 with 3040 viewsLythamR

They have to get Permission and agreement from Blackburn and the FA for ticket orice reductions so it has to be at a level that all parties are going to accept
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 11:41 - Dec 8 with 3001 viewsAntti_Heinola

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 11:23 - Dec 8 by paulparker

Did the club make a huge loss when we played Sunderland in September ?
if anything it doubled the gate more than we would have got, this means more pie/burger/chips sales, more beers being consumed, more merchandise being bought , more programmes being purchased
if you advertise it and market it well then you know in advance how many people we will get and what to budget for
this game will barely get 5k at the prices we have been given , if we sold tickets for a fiver we would get probably 12k, maybe 13k , have a sale at the club shop on the day, have tony or Les do a Q&A in the Bok before , do something to make it worthwhile and profitable

they may well have made a loss. Blackburn also have to agree with it. There was also the hope that we might beat a Premier League team, that was a pull which isn't here this time, so it's not really a comparable situation.

Write to the club and suggest your Q&A idea. Sounds brilliant!

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024