Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... 16:58 - Dec 7 with 6290 viewsHooped_Pullie

Now on the Offish that our tie against Blackburn will be a traditional 3pm Saturday kick-off on FA Cup 3rd round weekend, £10 for ST holders, £15 for the rest.

So far so good - and the Saturday 3pm K.o. is certainly welcome - but it is also announced that all of Ellerslie and half the School End will be closed for the game. When we played Sheffield United of the third tier just two years ago, I recall the whole place was open (I remember it well, as it gave me a very rare opportunity to return nostalgically to my old ST seat).

Should we even bother competing ? Have the club given up on the 'magic of the FA Cup' ? I can understand closing parts of the ground for a friendly, or midweek early-round league cup stuff against lower league opposition. But Saturday 3pm against a team from our own division ? Are we properly on our way out, or what ?
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 11:44 - Dec 8 with 1529 viewshoof_hearted

Well I'm always up for the cup and delighted to get a cheap ticket for it so feck you lot of miserable old g1ts
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 11:55 - Dec 8 with 1523 viewsrobith

Initial Post - Is the club devaluing the cup?

Rest of thread - I'll only come if it costs less than a pint

Maybe I'm the metropolitan elite here....but £10/£15 is pretty cheap? I paid £8 to go see Waltham Forest a couple of months ago
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 11:58 - Dec 8 with 1518 viewsrobith

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 11:44 - Dec 8 by hoof_hearted

Well I'm always up for the cup and delighted to get a cheap ticket for it so feck you lot of miserable old g1ts

Agreed, was fully prepared to have a weekend doing literally anything else, but hard to argue with a tenner
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 12:34 - Dec 8 with 1497 viewsPinnerPaul

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 18:32 - Dec 7 by Rangersw12

Expensive prices as usual

Wish the club would use their brains for once when deciding prices for these cup games

£5 pay on the day Adults
£1 for kids

But surely it all comes back to Hoos' interview earlier in the season.

Gate money doesn't even cover cost of running the club EXC the players, so unless you feel QPR should subsidise the FA Cup games, reducing to £10/£15 seems best they can do to me.

Agree with earlier post about FA helping clubs out - but won't happen of course.
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 12:40 - Dec 8 with 1492 viewsstowmarketrange

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 11:23 - Dec 8 by paulparker

Did the club make a huge loss when we played Sunderland in September ?
if anything it doubled the gate more than we would have got, this means more pie/burger/chips sales, more beers being consumed, more merchandise being bought , more programmes being purchased
if you advertise it and market it well then you know in advance how many people we will get and what to budget for
this game will barely get 5k at the prices we have been given , if we sold tickets for a fiver we would get probably 12k, maybe 13k , have a sale at the club shop on the day, have tony or Les do a Q&A in the Bok before , do something to make it worthwhile and profitable

Maybe they are saving that lot for the 4th round,or the quarter final?
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 13:30 - Dec 8 with 1450 viewsheadhoops

great opportunity for our players to say they will play for nothing so that kids come in free with an adult paying £5. Put on some entertainment, show some passion and play all out attack, attack, attack. Put the families in the Ellerslie/SAR and the louder ones behind the goal in the loft. Get the non squad players and reserves meeting and greeting the kids along with some of the ex players. Build the whole event into something that brings back a bit of excitement.

Get Pete Doherty/Cure to do 3-4 numbers, halftime funnies from Beckitt/Bailey.

Be bold, be brave, go big or don't.....

We can't change the fact that we are playing the mad chicken farmers but we could have a go at changing our attitude. Won't happen, stadium will be nearly empty, the players wont respond and we will go out 2-0 in a reply after a 1-1 draw.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 13:51 - Dec 8 with 1424 viewsTGRRRSSS

So many reasons why but I feel a tipping point is reached.
Can see why they're doing away with Ellerslie as it's TV camera Gantry side it should in theory fill up the bits you see more of.

AS for Blackburn can see then numbering fewer than a 100 odd easily
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 14:11 - Dec 8 with 1414 viewsstowmarketrange

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 13:30 - Dec 8 by headhoops

great opportunity for our players to say they will play for nothing so that kids come in free with an adult paying £5. Put on some entertainment, show some passion and play all out attack, attack, attack. Put the families in the Ellerslie/SAR and the louder ones behind the goal in the loft. Get the non squad players and reserves meeting and greeting the kids along with some of the ex players. Build the whole event into something that brings back a bit of excitement.

Get Pete Doherty/Cure to do 3-4 numbers, halftime funnies from Beckitt/Bailey.

Be bold, be brave, go big or don't.....

We can't change the fact that we are playing the mad chicken farmers but we could have a go at changing our attitude. Won't happen, stadium will be nearly empty, the players wont respond and we will go out 2-0 in a reply after a 1-1 draw.

Blackburn have to agree the prices with us.Why would they allow us to sell tickets at £5 and £1 to sell the ground out with 90% home fans?Their best chance of winning is by us having a half empty ground with fans moaning about the price,the weather and whether we made the right choice in bothering to go at all.

We might benefit from extra catering profits and sales from the club shop,but Blackburn won't see any gain from it.And whether Blackburn fans pay £5 or £10 won't make much of a difference to their fan's costs for a day out.

We are all quick to blame our club for not lowering prices,but it takes two to tango and would we honestly say that we'd allow Blackburn the advantage of having a full ground if they'd been drawn at home instead by charging the lowest price?And would it have increased our away support by much if they had done it?
[Post edited 8 Dec 2016 14:23]
Login to get fewer ads

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 14:20 - Dec 8 with 1406 viewsBrixtonR

H v Blackburn FFS sums it up.....

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 15:16 - Dec 8 with 1376 viewsToast_R

I actually quite like the FA Cup so will go to this, and realistically - it is the most prestigious trophy a club like QPR can win, and a doorway to European football.

I think everyone needs to get a grip and stop moaning. £15 is ok and it's a Saturday 3pm so what's not to like?

I just hope Holloway don't see this as a bonus game because QPR are going to achieve f*ckall else this season so why not give the fans something to get excited about such as being in the hat for the fourth round?
[Post edited 8 Dec 2016 15:18]
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 15:49 - Dec 8 with 1349 viewsheadhoops

in which case why have they agreed on £10 and £15?

Why not just say to us it has to be £30 - £40 so we get even less support.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 15:55 - Dec 8 with 1342 viewsstowmarketrange

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 15:49 - Dec 8 by headhoops

in which case why have they agreed on £10 and £15?

Why not just say to us it has to be £30 - £40 so we get even less support.

They have to be a bit reasonable too.What would be the point of selling 1000 tickets at £30-40?
We suggest a realistic price and they agree or haggle.
I'd like to only pay £5 too,but £10 isn't unreasonable for 90 minutes of cup football.I just hope Ollie puts out our strongest team and shows that it still means something to him.
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 16:19 - Dec 8 with 1322 viewspaulparker

im sorry I don't buy this theory that Blackburn have put the kibosh on us selling tickets at £5.00 a go , it doesn't matter to them if they play in a stadium of 500 or 50000
why didn't Sunderland do the same earlier in the year ??
QPR is one of the most expensive places to go and watch football , its a disgrace
lee hoos talks about the kids and next generation of fans coming through , so why not go around the schools and give tickets for a quid ? offer the chance to have a kickabout with some of players who are not playing , do something different , entice people in
he talks a good game on podcasts and fans forums, well now is his chance to do something and get people interested in the club who wouldn't normally
sorry but £15 plus booking fee is a rip off

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 16:25 - Dec 8 with 1315 viewsqprxtc

£10 or £15 is absolutely fine. If you think it's too much, don't go and spend those hours fretting over whether you should have gone because all you're doing is finding out what the score is.

I'll be going and popping into The Pavilion before and after with a detour to the Blue and White bar at some point, thereby blowing any money I saved.

It all makes sense to me.
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 16:36 - Dec 8 with 1289 viewsstowmarketrange

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 16:19 - Dec 8 by paulparker

im sorry I don't buy this theory that Blackburn have put the kibosh on us selling tickets at £5.00 a go , it doesn't matter to them if they play in a stadium of 500 or 50000
QPR is one of the most expensive places to go and watch football , its a disgrace
lee hoos talks about the kids and next generation of fans coming through , so why not go around the schools and give tickets for a quid ? offer the chance to have a kickabout with some of players who are not playing , do something different , entice people in
he talks a good game on podcasts and fans forums, well now is his chance to do something and get people interested in the club who wouldn't normally

So answer my previous question.Would you be happy if Blackburn charged a fiver a seat at their place,got a full house of happy fans singing for 90 mins and possibly knocked us out because of the incredible atmosphere they could generate?
They might see it as their best chance of getting through to the next round and a cup tie against one of the big teams,and that could produce a bumper payday for a struggling club like them.
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 16:47 - Dec 8 with 1184 viewsAntti_Heinola

1. Buy it or don't. But find out for sure if it bothers you that much.
2. Sunderland are in the PL. They have more money. They are a bigger club. They will have brought many more fans regardless.
3. It is expensive, it's not really a disgrace.
4. They do do kids for a quid as far as I know. Kickabout where? QPR in the Community does tons and tons of stuff with local kids, as do many of the players. This reminds me of that other time you complained about something like this only for Clive to show you the club were already doing it.

We have, what, 8000 ST holders who can get in for a tenner. £15 for the rest seems perfectly fine to me. You can argue the toss over a few quid, but this doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

As I said, if you feel this strongly, write a letter to Mr Hoos. I'm sure he'd be delighted to hear your input.

Bare bones.

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 17:00 - Dec 8 with 1171 viewsstowmarketrange

You also don't have to pay the £3.50 if you go to one of the 3 home games before the 3rd round match.
I am a season ticket holder who Thanks to Sky will miss 3 homes games on the trot,or about £80-90 for our 3 tickets,but that's the price you pay for buying 1 in the first place.So if that gives me the chance to save £5 on Probably our only home fa cup tie this season,it seems ok with me.
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 17:11 - Dec 8 with 1162 viewsrobith

It does matter to them as they get 45% of the gate receipts (and second class travelling expenses). As did Sunderland, but where as they are basically break even due to Short covering their regular £20m losses, Blackburn are £100m in debt.
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 10:56 - Dec 9 with 1055 viewspaulparker

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 16:47 - Dec 8 by Antti_Heinola

1. Buy it or don't. But find out for sure if it bothers you that much.
2. Sunderland are in the PL. They have more money. They are a bigger club. They will have brought many more fans regardless.
3. It is expensive, it's not really a disgrace.
4. They do do kids for a quid as far as I know. Kickabout where? QPR in the Community does tons and tons of stuff with local kids, as do many of the players. This reminds me of that other time you complained about something like this only for Clive to show you the club were already doing it.

We have, what, 8000 ST holders who can get in for a tenner. £15 for the rest seems perfectly fine to me. You can argue the toss over a few quid, but this doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

As I said, if you feel this strongly, write a letter to Mr Hoos. I'm sure he'd be delighted to hear your input.

if you sell 5000 tickets at £15 a pop or sell 12-13k tickets at a £5 a pop there isn't really to much of a difference in gate receipts,
lee hoos has been on many fans forums and podcasts talking about the next generation and making QPR a club that kids want to go back to , the club have 4 weeks to promote this game and maybe go to kids football clubs and schools and offer discounted tickets
why not hire the AstroTurf pitches on the SA road and get kids having a kickabout or a tournament before the game , have Mackie or whoever isn't playing to come down with them, when they are done have a sale at the club shop , have Les host it ,
why not think outside the box for once its the perfect game to do that , maybe those kids might want to comeback which means more revenue in the future
west ham are only charging £20 to see man city we are paying a fiver less for Blackburn

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 11:01 - Dec 9 with 1047 viewsAntti_Heinola

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 10:56 - Dec 9 by paulparker

if you sell 5000 tickets at £15 a pop or sell 12-13k tickets at a £5 a pop there isn't really to much of a difference in gate receipts,
lee hoos has been on many fans forums and podcasts talking about the next generation and making QPR a club that kids want to go back to , the club have 4 weeks to promote this game and maybe go to kids football clubs and schools and offer discounted tickets
why not hire the AstroTurf pitches on the SA road and get kids having a kickabout or a tournament before the game , have Mackie or whoever isn't playing to come down with them, when they are done have a sale at the club shop , have Les host it ,
why not think outside the box for once its the perfect game to do that , maybe those kids might want to comeback which means more revenue in the future
west ham are only charging £20 to see man city we are paying a fiver less for Blackburn

£20 to sit in a soulless 'stadium' to watch two reserve sides? Disgrace!

Bare bones.

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 11:31 - Dec 9 with 1027 viewsstowmarketrange

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 11:01 - Dec 9 by Antti_Heinola

And with £120 million+ in tv money and very little rent to pay on a brand new stadium with 60,000 fans wanting to go.
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 12:02 - Dec 9 with 1005 viewspaulparker

£15 plus booking fee to watch QPR reserves vs Blackburn reserves in an empty stadium
Bargain !!!!!!!!!!

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 12:26 - Dec 9 with 983 viewsAntti_Heinola

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 12:02 - Dec 9 by paulparker

£15 plus booking fee to watch QPR reserves vs Blackburn reserves in an empty stadium
Bargain !!!!!!!!!!

Whoosh.

Bare bones.

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 12:32 - Dec 9 with 975 viewsstowmarketrange

FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 12:02 - Dec 9 by paulparker

Bargain !!!!!!!!!!

You have 3 more chances to avoid paying the booking fee.They are the Derby,Villa and ipswich home games.
FA Cup - Sign Of The Times... on 12:39 - Dec 9 with 966 viewshoopdog

Yeah right like these cants need resting !!
Mind you the 1st teamers are as big a lot of crap as the reserves so that farks that argument
[Post edited 9 Dec 2016 12:41]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024