Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parking changes near the ground 10:41 - Dec 12 with 3013 viewsJames_W12

Not the most thrilling topic I know but if you're someone who drives to games please be aware that as of last Thursday a whole load of streets in the Bush now require you to pay and display 9am-9pm Monday to Sunday.

As a local resident, I've fought hard to stop this but a change of council has finally seen these draconian hours brought in.

Ironically we were told that one of the main reasons for doing it was because of QPR fans clogging up the streets with their cars and yet Loftus Road, Ellerslie Road, Bloemfontein Road and Bloemfontein Avenue which all border the stadium will remain free to park in.

Here's the map - avoid Zone JJ in green:

https://www.lbhf.gov.uk/sites/default/files/section_attachments/jj_sub_zone_to_b
Parking changes near the ground on 10:57 - Dec 12 with 2989 viewsLongsufferingR

Cheers for the info - very useful.
Parking changes near the ground on 11:14 - Dec 12 with 2953 viewsPinnerPaul

Bloemfontain Rd has never been free to park in - its currently restricted Mon - Sat and they close Ellerslie Rd on matchdays in any case.
Parking changes near the ground on 11:54 - Dec 12 with 2910 viewsDWQPR

Parking changes near the ground on 10:57 - Dec 12 by LongsufferingR

Cheers for the info - very useful.

Surprised that the roads off Sawley Road and Dunraven Road remain unaffected. The stupidity of such schemes is that this means that these areas will be even more effected whilst the roads in the JJ zone will be empty. Looks a very odd selection of roads in my view. Still some dumbfcuk has earned his £15 per hour researching and preparing it.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Parking changes near the ground on 14:51 - Dec 12 with 2752 viewsBoston

Parking changes near the ground on 11:54 - Dec 12 by DWQPR

Surprised that the roads off Sawley Road and Dunraven Road remain unaffected. The stupidity of such schemes is that this means that these areas will be even more effected whilst the roads in the JJ zone will be empty. Looks a very odd selection of roads in my view. Still some dumbfcuk has earned his £15 per hour researching and preparing it.

It would not be the first time if a correlation was found between traffic bylaws and who lives on a particular street / area.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Parking changes near the ground on 15:29 - Dec 12 with 2698 viewskensalriser

Residents have to vote for the changes, but it's a hard won fight to get any amendments to what the council wants to introduce because they're on the front foot and setting the agenda. And there's no limit to the amount of sneakiness and manipulation they'll employ if necessary.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Parking changes near the ground on 16:29 - Dec 12 with 2627 viewswombat

Parking changes near the ground on 15:29 - Dec 12 by kensalriser

Residents have to vote for the changes, but it's a hard won fight to get any amendments to what the council wants to introduce because they're on the front foot and setting the agenda. And there's no limit to the amount of sneakiness and manipulation they'll employ if necessary.

cant access the map at work but is loftus road and the roads behind the police station in that new revised parking scheme ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Parking changes near the ground on 02:51 - Dec 13 with 2352 viewsstowmarketrange

Is it also because of the Westfield centre shoppers as well.They must have added to some already pretty congested streets.
Parking changes near the ground on 09:26 - Dec 13 with 2274 viewsSomersetHoops

I usually park in Godolphin or Hetley Road (my son lived there for a time) How much are the charges and is it possible to pay for 3 hours, so you could still park, watch a game and have a swift half in the Adelaide after? Or have they made that impossible?

Who's Next?

Login to get fewer ads

Parking changes near the ground on 12:44 - Dec 13 with 2200 viewsPinnerPaul

As Clive has pointed out we don't have many games where we kickoff when parking isn't allowed, ie Saturday 3pm, so not really much of an issue!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024