Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faurlin 11:40 - Dec 24 with 2449 viewsDraytonR

Can someone please remind me why we did'nt need Ale Faurlin ?
Faurlin on 12:19 - Dec 24 with 2418 viewsDWQPR

All this talk about getting Clint back, given that Alé has only signed a one year contract with Getafe I would get him back in January like a shot. That man knew how to control a game of football and get the team moving forward. 30 games he played for us last year and without him we looked much the poorer.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Faurlin on 12:35 - Dec 24 with 2392 viewsTacticalR

Something to do with legs and counter-attacking football wasn't it?

Air hostess clique

Faurlin on 12:39 - Dec 24 with 2387 viewsdaveB

Hasslebaink wanted team to play a high tempo game so didn't think Faurlin could do that every week, he was offered to stay as back up but quite rightly he didn't want that. The fact we never played at a high tempo made the decision look a little bit stupid
Faurlin on 13:27 - Dec 24 with 2329 viewsparker64

Nice chap, great servant to the club. Don't think he'd have made any difference this season.
Faurlin on 13:38 - Dec 24 with 2313 viewsPunteR

Technically one of the best midfielders we've had. Its a miracle he's still playing at all after his injuries but there he is ,still playing.
Should still be here, as players like him are few and far between at our club. One of JFH biggest mistake's Imo, and the beginning of the end for him.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2016 21:24]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Faurlin on 13:46 - Dec 24 with 2300 viewsdanehoop

Faurlin on 13:27 - Dec 24 by parker64

Nice chap, great servant to the club. Don't think he'd have made any difference this season.

Kinda agree with this.

Great servant for the club, but he wasn't going to want to be anyone's bit part player and the move to Getafe is obviously one that suits him. Small 2nd tier team in the Capital with similar capacity to our own. With 5 other Argentinian players at the club and club doing well, difficult to see what his motivation might be to return

But maybe now, who knows? We will play a different type of game under Ollie (whenever he settles on what his best team/formation) and clear that he is looking to change personnel and style. But would he be looking for a (relatively) aging play maker who was slowing down and with always a real concern over his knees. I'd have him back like a shot for the everything else that he brings to the team, but not sure that sentiment will work this time. Adios Ale - one of best players and nicest guys to play for us in past 20 years.

Never knowingly understood

Faurlin on 14:27 - Dec 24 with 2246 viewspaulparker

For those who say we don't need ale have you seen our last few games ?
We are playing a central defender for gawds sake " in the ball playing" midfielder role
Compare faurlin to,luango, Henry , cousins , hall it's a no brainer
What does my head in today's football is every midfielder has to be box to box athlete or every striker a number 10 , well ale faurlin could look up and pass a ball, something we are lacking at the moment

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Faurlin on 17:16 - Dec 24 with 2122 viewseghamranger

I should think 99.9% of people on here were very worried when we kept Henry and got rid of Clint and Ale.

They both didn't wanted to go and that was the start of JFHs downfall
Login to get fewer ads

Faurlin on 19:17 - Dec 24 with 2000 viewsdanehoop

Faurlin on 14:27 - Dec 24 by paulparker

For those who say we don't need ale have you seen our last few games ?
We are playing a central defender for gawds sake " in the ball playing" midfielder role
Compare faurlin to,luango, Henry , cousins , hall it's a no brainer
What does my head in today's football is every midfielder has to be box to box athlete or every striker a number 10 , well ale faurlin could look up and pass a ball, something we are lacking at the moment

Apologies. Was trying to up arrow and stupid iPad meant I down arrowed by accident.

Never knowingly understood

Faurlin on 20:36 - Dec 24 with 1934 viewsBurnleyhoop

Cousins and Borysuik were supposed to be the new driving force from the deep lying midfield positions. Still waiting for that bus to turn up!
Faurlin on 21:13 - Dec 24 with 1888 viewsbosh67

Faurlin on 17:16 - Dec 24 by eghamranger

I should think 99.9% of people on here were very worried when we kept Henry and got rid of Clint and Ale.

They both didn't wanted to go and that was the start of JFHs downfall

To be fair, both Ale and Clint were offered contracts by JFH. But not on playing terms they wanted, I don't think it had anything to do with money or stuff like that. He wanted them to remain as squad players, fringe players, and they wanted to play week in week out.

Are we missing Ale? He was pretty slow, he did get caught sometimes when he got tired, he found it hard to track back. But... Christ do we miss him, because the guy had a huge footballing brain. Like Sheringham, much of the time he had that extra yard because he took up positions others didn't. He had played and linked up a set of passes before he'd even set himself. Our movement through our spine at times was seamless, not for what you saw him do, but for what you didn't notice. That cushioned pass on and off from one player to another in the blink of an eye. The ability to get the ball out to the wings. The ability to drift in 30 yards out and find a pattern of passes to unlock defences and move them out of position. That is what we are missing, big time.

I like Luongo. He is a very energetic player, but he doesn't have the footballing brain (yet) that Ale has. And that is why we miss this guy so much.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Faurlin on 21:46 - Dec 24 with 1852 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Faurlin on 21:13 - Dec 24 by bosh67

To be fair, both Ale and Clint were offered contracts by JFH. But not on playing terms they wanted, I don't think it had anything to do with money or stuff like that. He wanted them to remain as squad players, fringe players, and they wanted to play week in week out.

Are we missing Ale? He was pretty slow, he did get caught sometimes when he got tired, he found it hard to track back. But... Christ do we miss him, because the guy had a huge footballing brain. Like Sheringham, much of the time he had that extra yard because he took up positions others didn't. He had played and linked up a set of passes before he'd even set himself. Our movement through our spine at times was seamless, not for what you saw him do, but for what you didn't notice. That cushioned pass on and off from one player to another in the blink of an eye. The ability to get the ball out to the wings. The ability to drift in 30 yards out and find a pattern of passes to unlock defences and move them out of position. That is what we are missing, big time.

I like Luongo. He is a very energetic player, but he doesn't have the footballing brain (yet) that Ale has. And that is why we miss this guy so much.

His legs were and are always going to be an issue, and so if you take a step back, then yes you could see why JFH couldn't guarantee Ale regular football.

However, the fact the high-tempo, high-pressing nirvana turned out to be very-ponderous, very-depressing was a disappointment, because Ale would have coped easily with the eventual tempo our highly paid oafs could muster, and he would have better linked our play.

Even in JFH's HiT-HiP vision, a fit Ale could have maybe been the master puppeteer pulling the strings, which has clearly been missing.

Hindsight, utter bell-end innit!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Faurlin on 00:33 - Dec 25 with 1762 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Faurlin on 19:17 - Dec 24 by danehoop

Apologies. Was trying to up arrow and stupid iPad meant I down arrowed by accident.

Whoops... and I haven't event got an iPad!

Merry Christmas!

A Danish baker I had occasion to drink with used to sing.. "We are red, we are white, we are Danish dynamite!"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024