Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£100 Half Season Tickets 11:13 - Dec 29 with 9424 viewsColDale

Available up to 7pm on Friday evening before the Shrews game (available up to end of Jan as well!)

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/half-season-tickets-still-on-s
£100 Half Season Tickets on 16:02 - Jan 17 with 2941 views100notout

£100 Half Season Tickets on 11:18 - Jan 17 by DaleiLama

It does indeed and makes an absolute mockery of the Chairman's message and the posters asking the town to become the team. But only before Saturday at noon.

I'm actually saddened by the whole experience.

I also have it on pretty good authority that evidence suggests that the 1/2 ST pays for itself in terms of increased sales at concessions and the shop. Which makes it even sadder.

Dalei

I note from th'official site that they are selling tickets for the FA Cup game right up to kick off on Saturday so I see absolutely no reason why you cannot turn up and buy a half season ticket

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

£100 Half Season Tickets on 16:20 - Jan 17 with 2890 viewsdeeplishblue

In my experience it takes 1 minute to buy a match ticket but 5/10 minutes to buy a season ticket - so that has to be taken into consideration when deciding when and where S/T's can be purchased.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

£100 Half Season Tickets on 16:25 - Jan 17 with 2871 views100notout

But FA cup tickets can be sold after the game if necessary.

#priorities

£100 Half Season Tickets on 16:37 - Jan 17 with 2835 viewsDaleiLama

£100 Half Season Tickets on 16:02 - Jan 17 by 100notout

Dalei

I note from th'official site that they are selling tickets for the FA Cup game right up to kick off on Saturday so I see absolutely no reason why you cannot turn up and buy a half season ticket

Thanks 100.

I was involved in a Twitter discussion prior to my phone call to the box office and they both categorically said the same thing (as if it was somehow meritorious). Here is the copy/paste.

"Hi there. Before the Oxford game? If so, up until midday #RAFC"

The only thing they missed off was #closedfornewbusinesswhenmostfanswanttobuy

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

£100 Half Season Tickets on 16:42 - Jan 17 with 2811 viewsSuggers

It strikes me that the club are making some sensible and pragmatic approaches so that the limited resources (where are they supposed to get extra staff from to put in the office who are trained and experienced?) can de deployed in the most practical way. Season tickets take 5/10 mins to process so in the lead up to the game you have to be sensible otherwise I suspect a similar thread would be on hear about the queue!

Over the years I have come to realise that you cannot please everyone all of the time.

PS the booking fee should go as should the credit card charge.
£100 Half Season Tickets on 16:52 - Jan 17 with 2787 views100notout

£100 Half Season Tickets on 16:42 - Jan 17 by Suggers

It strikes me that the club are making some sensible and pragmatic approaches so that the limited resources (where are they supposed to get extra staff from to put in the office who are trained and experienced?) can de deployed in the most practical way. Season tickets take 5/10 mins to process so in the lead up to the game you have to be sensible otherwise I suspect a similar thread would be on hear about the queue!

Over the years I have come to realise that you cannot please everyone all of the time.

Its about allocating resources effectively - if absolutely necessary (and I don't believe it would be given the likely volumes) FA cup tickets could be sold up to say 1 o'clock on the day and also after the Oxford game.

£100 Half Season Tickets on 17:22 - Jan 17 with 2709 viewsD_Alien

£100 Half Season Tickets on 16:42 - Jan 17 by Suggers

Over the years, I've come to realise that given a bit of willingness, there's not much that can't be achieved, especially when it comes to taking money off people who want to spend it

It's been noted time and time again that spare staff (experienced) are often free to serve people in the ticket office on matchdays but can't do so simply because there's only one outlet available - when the club have options for dual outlets which they've utilised effectively in the past

btw, my half st took less than 2 minutes to process

I've been in touch with the club via email to suggest they compromise (a slightly ridiculous concept in itself when we're talking about sales) and allow half st's to be sold until 2pm. I'm not holding my breath

[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 17:29]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

£100 Half Season Tickets on 17:28 - Jan 17 with 2680 viewsSuggers

To be fair the club do have a second outlet in the portakabin. Not luxury but I believe a pick up point for tickets bought in advance.
Login to get fewer ads

£100 Half Season Tickets on 17:34 - Jan 17 with 2650 viewsDaleiLama

£100 Half Season Tickets on 12:57 - Jan 17 by D_Alien

Your approach to this, and conclusion are exemplary

There's an additional factor - the sale of FA Cup tickets - which might impact upon the decision by the club (RG on the club's behalf) but it would surely not be beyond the wit of those in charge to provide a dual ticket outlet on this occasion

All that prevents it happening, as I've said before, is the willingness to do so

For god's sake Dale, change your bloody-mindedness and show some common sense, adaptablility, and go and read the chairman's recent message again - as if you actually subscribe to it!

I was loathe to reply to your post before I received a reply from Russ or until 72 hours had elapsed after my original e-mail since I felt it would be too premature, and boy was I right.

I won't post the whole of Russ's reply to me either, as it was sent privately and I think that that would be unethical. I will post 3 quotes from it, however.

"it is feedback such as this that we can act on to improve things for next season"

"We are trying to make it easy to purchase tickets and not put obstacles in the way"

"as for your query the club ticket office will offer fans the chance to purchase half season tickets up to kick off on match days from this weekend"

Absolutely fantastic response. Pure quality from start to finish. Making an "emotional" purchase like this isn't like buying a new washing machine on-line cos the old one's fooked, it's a pledge of support as well, and I felt my business and support (as a lot of others have felt) wasn't important. Now I feel exactly the opposite. Criticism has been heard, acted on and improvements have been made.

Tip of the cap to Russ Green, our new action man!

£100 Half Season Tickets on 17:40 - Jan 17 with 2622 viewsDaleiLama

£100 Half Season Tickets on 17:22 - Jan 17 by D_Alien

Over the years, I've come to realise that given a bit of willingness, there's not much that can't be achieved, especially when it comes to taking money off people who want to spend it

It's been noted time and time again that spare staff (experienced) are often free to serve people in the ticket office on matchdays but can't do so simply because there's only one outlet available - when the club have options for dual outlets which they've utilised effectively in the past

btw, my half st took less than 2 minutes to process

I've been in touch with the club via email to suggest they compromise (a slightly ridiculous concept in itself when we're talking about sales) and allow half st's to be sold until 2pm. I'm not holding my breath

[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 17:29]

Had you been holding your breath, it would now have been ok to exhale. Thanks for the support!

£100 Half Season Tickets on 18:14 - Jan 17 with 2497 views442Dale

£100 Half Season Tickets on 17:34 - Jan 17 by DaleiLama

I was loathe to reply to your post before I received a reply from Russ or until 72 hours had elapsed after my original e-mail since I felt it would be too premature, and boy was I right.

I won't post the whole of Russ's reply to me either, as it was sent privately and I think that that would be unethical. I will post 3 quotes from it, however.

"it is feedback such as this that we can act on to improve things for next season"

"We are trying to make it easy to purchase tickets and not put obstacles in the way"

"as for your query the club ticket office will offer fans the chance to purchase half season tickets up to kick off on match days from this weekend"

Absolutely fantastic response. Pure quality from start to finish. Making an "emotional" purchase like this isn't like buying a new washing machine on-line cos the old one's fooked, it's a pledge of support as well, and I felt my business and support (as a lot of others have felt) wasn't important. Now I feel exactly the opposite. Criticism has been heard, acted on and improvements have been made.

Tip of the cap to Russ Green, our new action man!

That's great to hear. The shift in focus towards listening to supporters is all too obvious, full credit goes to those involved.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

£100 Half Season Tickets on 19:28 - Jan 17 with 2329 viewsTVOS1907

£100 Half Season Tickets on 18:14 - Jan 17 by 442Dale

That's great to hear. The shift in focus towards listening to supporters is all too obvious, full credit goes to those involved.

Absolutely and it doesn't surprise me one bit.

It also shows that feedback and comments will be acted upon and not just 'welcome' if delivered in the right way.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

£100 Half Season Tickets on 19:30 - Jan 17 with 2325 views100notout

well done Dalei and well done to RG.

It took a while but we got there in the end and hopefully another lesson learnt for the benefit of all.

£100 Half Season Tickets on 19:39 - Jan 17 with 2297 viewsDaleiLama

£100 Half Season Tickets on 19:30 - Jan 17 by 100notout

well done Dalei and well done to RG.

It took a while but we got there in the end and hopefully another lesson learnt for the benefit of all.

Thanks 100 - just wish I'd suggested it sooner so more could have benefitted from it, but RG is the real star. He made it happen. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are lots more improvements in the future.

£100 Half Season Tickets on 19:52 - Jan 17 with 2258 viewsShun

Love Russ Green. I haven't ever spoken to him myself but the way things are improving off-field lately are great to see. Keep it up, Dale.
£100 Half Season Tickets on 15:07 - Jan 18 with 2741 views442Dale

Info re. pre-ordering half ST ahead of Saturday.

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/half-season-tickets-still-o

No admin fee.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

£100 Half Season Tickets on 15:19 - Jan 18 with 2709 viewsBendy

£100 Half Season Tickets on 15:07 - Jan 18 by 442Dale

Info re. pre-ordering half ST ahead of Saturday.

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/half-season-tickets-still-o

No admin fee.

It's a good compromise position. Reading between the lines it would seem that they will not be selling the Half ST on Saturday after midday as before but they will allow collection of pre-ordered ones. And by waiving the admin charge it removes one of the barriers as well.

So it helps the fans who only get to Spotland for games to get hold of a ticket without potentially overwhelming the ticket office in non matchday ticket sales.
£100 Half Season Tickets on 17:59 - Jan 18 with 2556 viewsDaleiLama

£100 Half Season Tickets on 15:19 - Jan 18 by Bendy

It's a good compromise position. Reading between the lines it would seem that they will not be selling the Half ST on Saturday after midday as before but they will allow collection of pre-ordered ones. And by waiving the admin charge it removes one of the barriers as well.

So it helps the fans who only get to Spotland for games to get hold of a ticket without potentially overwhelming the ticket office in non matchday ticket sales.

Fair enough. Just hope they are able to give information on where the seats are as they couldn't last time I rang. Anyway, will try in the morning.

£100 Half Season Tickets on 18:10 - Jan 18 with 2531 viewsdingdangblue

£100 Half Season Tickets on 15:19 - Jan 18 by Bendy

Charging for ringing the ticket office and booking over the phone is scandalous anyway! I understand the extra charge when it's an online booking as that service will come with extra overheads - but surely taking telephone orders from a ticket office is part of the job?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

£100 Half Season Tickets on 08:41 - Jan 19 with 2358 viewsmikehunt

And another grumble I heard from an acquaintance. They went to buy some cup tickets after work this week. Got to the office at about ten past five but the office was already shut. Surely, if we are trying to sell something, we could keep the offices (and club shop?) open until six.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

£100 Half Season Tickets on 09:41 - Jan 19 with 2302 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

£100 Half Season Tickets on 08:41 - Jan 19 by mikehunt

And another grumble I heard from an acquaintance. They went to buy some cup tickets after work this week. Got to the office at about ten past five but the office was already shut. Surely, if we are trying to sell something, we could keep the offices (and club shop?) open until six.

TBF that's just moaning for moaning sake.

If the office hours are 9-5 why would you expect to get a ticket at ten past?

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

£100 Half Season Tickets on 10:14 - Jan 19 with 2266 viewsdeeplishblue

£100 Half Season Tickets on 09:41 - Jan 19 by SteTsGoldenBoot

TBF that's just moaning for moaning sake.

If the office hours are 9-5 why would you expect to get a ticket at ten past?

Moaning for moaning sake? on this MB? NEVER !!

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

£100 Half Season Tickets on 10:44 - Jan 19 with 2222 viewsjudd

Talking about the Half Season Tickets in the pub and one guy spent an age looking at me before asking "why the fook would anyone just go to half of a game?"

Poll: What is it to be then?

£100 Half Season Tickets on 10:45 - Jan 19 with 2220 views1907

£100 Half Season Tickets on 08:41 - Jan 19 by mikehunt

What a load of rubbish seriously. Reread that absolute garbage that you have posted and please tell me how stupid you feel. That's like turning up at Spotland at 5 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon complaining the match wasn't 120 minutes. Opening hours are what they are, when you're open!
£100 Half Season Tickets on 10:54 - Jan 19 with 2199 viewsTVOS1907

£100 Half Season Tickets on 10:45 - Jan 19 by 1907

What a load of rubbish seriously. Reread that absolute garbage that you have posted and please tell me how stupid you feel. That's like turning up at Spotland at 5 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon complaining the match wasn't 120 minutes. Opening hours are what they are, when you're open!

Your premise is right, but is there any need to be so personal and aggressive about it?

SteT made the point perfectly well enough.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024