Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team For Tonight 14:51 - Dec 30 with 12724 viewsDannyG_RAFC

What team would you Play ?

Personally I'd Go The Same as Monday and Then for the Walsall Game Look at Resting
Keano, Bunney, Rathbone, Lund, Davies and Maybe Logan or Someone Else

Would be Nice to see Thompson and NML etc on the bench tonight.
Team For Tonight on 00:13 - Dec 31 with 2648 viewsScunnydale

Team For Tonight on 00:04 - Dec 31 by KenBoon

I assumed our second was given because the ref thought their keeper knocked it backwards... which I don't think he did. I was astonished he gave it.

I thought we got away with one tonight. Once Davies went off Shrewsbury were more in the game. Our marking was pretty poor at times, but they didn't make the most of their chances. Very good three points. 81 points in the calendar year of 2016. To think there's some nerds claiming 2016 is the #WorstYearEver too!

Yep, that's the only reason I can see for our second being given. There's very little chance their keeper threw the ball over his shoulder without being impeded though.

Tough on the Shrews but we'll take it.
Team For Tonight on 00:15 - Dec 31 with 2636 viewsrochdaleriddler

Team For Tonight on 23:15 - Dec 30 by Huddersdale1

Those Norwegian fans in the main stand have attended before

Yeah, Boxing Day

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Team For Tonight on 00:56 - Dec 31 with 2513 viewsSandyman

Team For Tonight on 23:09 - Dec 30 by 442Dale

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/107

No way our second should have stood. Debate around whether it was kicked out of keeper's hands, but Davies is offside.

Some classic Lancashire for the first. Useless get.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 23:11]

FCUM had a goal allowed for worse.
Hurst's Coleman-esque non-league charge at 'em tactics did help them in the second half after they clearly couldn't beat us at football in the first, but Dale are made of stronger stuff these days - even with a ref that gave them much advantage for most of the game and definitely favoured them in the free kick count, for the most bewildering reasons. Two seasons in a row at Spotland where a ref has been the Shrews MOTM in defeat.
Oli R was magnificent for us and fully deserved MOTM IMHO.
HNY.
<abbreviations/>
Team For Tonight on 01:03 - Dec 31 with 2499 viewsDaley_Lama

Rathbone for me was outstanding v Chesterfield and MOM went elsewhere to Hendo.

Lund was my shining light tonight defensively rather than Rathbone offensively against as all have said, decent Shrews team.

Poll: DF in or out

Team For Tonight on 01:23 - Dec 31 with 2458 viewsdingdangblue

Team For Tonight on 18:10 - Dec 30 by fitzochris

No affection for Shrewsbury from me. I still have nightmares about the 7-1 battering they gave us when Parkin was manager. And that last-minute Luke Rodgers goal at their place. And Grant Holt playing for them.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 18:11]

That 7-1 back in 2001 was the last 3 points Shrewsbury have claimed at Dale.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Team For Tonight on 01:27 - Dec 31 with 2448 viewsfitzochris

Team For Tonight on 01:23 - Dec 31 by dingdangblue

That 7-1 back in 2001 was the last 3 points Shrewsbury have claimed at Dale.

And? Doesn't make it any less nightmarish.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Team For Tonight on 02:19 - Dec 31 with 2383 viewsdownunder

Team For Tonight on 22:30 - Dec 30 by Aucklandjeff

Hey Downunder

Im just coming to the end of a 4 week holiday (if you can call it that!) in Rochdale. Its been great to get to to the COA and see a very impressive confident team....Got my dale fill now and back to Auckland next week :)

Sun is shining.
Considering a trip this year if I can get other commitments to fall into place
Team For Tonight on 07:49 - Dec 31 with 2260 viewsRodingdale

On the highlights, for their final chance when the they shoot wide - notice the Dale defender, couldn't make out who, wrestling with their player in the area.

I've seen em given!

Great run as I guess the more we practice, the luckier we get!

UTD
Login to get fewer ads

Team For Tonight on 09:29 - Dec 31 with 2129 viewsColDale

Team For Tonight on 00:04 - Dec 31 by KenBoon

I assumed our second was given because the ref thought their keeper knocked it backwards... which I don't think he did. I was astonished he gave it.

I thought we got away with one tonight. Once Davies went off Shrewsbury were more in the game. Our marking was pretty poor at times, but they didn't make the most of their chances. Very good three points. 81 points in the calendar year of 2016. To think there's some nerds claiming 2016 is the #WorstYearEver too!

I think Hilly was spot on when he said that the officials were all worked up as to whether it was kicked out of the keeper's hands that they just forgot about the offside.
Team For Tonight on 10:00 - Dec 31 with 2043 viewsdingdangblue

Team For Tonight on 09:29 - Dec 31 by ColDale

I think Hilly was spot on when he said that the officials were all worked up as to whether it was kicked out of the keeper's hands that they just forgot about the offside.

I think also they possibly thought that the keeper had just juggled the ball and it just fell to Davies - I think everyone was surprised the flag stayed down though. Who's to say we wouldn't have got another in the 2nd half anyway - it would have been a totally different 2nd half at 1-0. Another massive win for us - they were very tricky opponents never mind their league position. Keane really struggled with Toney who won virtually every ball contested - we did very well to come out on top.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Team For Tonight on 10:51 - Dec 31 with 1938 viewsLaveritty

Not the best performance tonight which made the win even more satisfying. As Keith admits Shrewsbury possibly could have got something out of that game and we probably dodged a bullet by coming away with three points. Still can't believe that our second goal was allowed to stand. It's one of those where if you are the aggrieved party it feels like the worst decision ever! Remember that Notts Cheaty game a couple of years ago when we were all outraged at their equaliser not being chalk(y)ed off - that was how the Shrews were feeling last night!

Also - never mind 'goal of the season' awards - how about a 'tackle of the seaon' award? Following on from Lund's spectacular goal saving effort a few weeks ago special mentions for Keano and Bunney's magnificent examples in the first half and Rathbone's determination to tackle anything within 40 yards of him!

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Team For Tonight on 11:05 - Dec 31 with 1908 viewsColDale

Their keeper seemed to make Hendo's goal very easy. Based on this replays, it looks like he got his positioning horribly wrong, leaving acres of space on one side. I know some keepers will intentionally offer up a side but certainly looks more like he messed up.
Team For Tonight on 11:11 - Dec 31 with 1892 viewsSaxonDale

Team For Tonight on 11:05 - Dec 31 by ColDale

Their keeper seemed to make Hendo's goal very easy. Based on this replays, it looks like he got his positioning horribly wrong, leaving acres of space on one side. I know some keepers will intentionally offer up a side but certainly looks more like he messed up.

The performances of the Chesterfield and Shrewsbury keepers have highlighted how lucky we are to have 2 very good keepers for this division.
Team For Tonight on 11:26 - Dec 31 with 1845 viewsSuddenLad

Many of us considered we were 'done' by the goal in the FCUM cup tie, whe the ball was 'taken' from Josh and a goal was given.

No doubt the Shrews fans feel equally aggrieved today. I know I'd be a tad 'pi55ed off' if it had been awarded against us.

Swings and roundabouts and all that........

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Team For Tonight on 11:27 - Dec 31 with 1835 viewsD_Alien

Team For Tonight on 11:11 - Dec 31 by SaxonDale

The performances of the Chesterfield and Shrewsbury keepers have highlighted how lucky we are to have 2 very good keepers for this division.

And lets not forget that Logan's rapid and astute positioning when forwards are breaking through into the box helped keep us afloat last night - and in previous games

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Team For Tonight on 12:10 - Dec 31 with 1756 viewsSaxonDale

Team For Tonight on 11:27 - Dec 31 by D_Alien

And lets not forget that Logan's rapid and astute positioning when forwards are breaking through into the box helped keep us afloat last night - and in previous games

Logan float? No chance!
Team For Tonight on 12:26 - Dec 31 with 1722 viewsTVOS1907

Team For Tonight on 11:26 - Dec 31 by SuddenLad

Many of us considered we were 'done' by the goal in the FCUM cup tie, whe the ball was 'taken' from Josh and a goal was given.

No doubt the Shrews fans feel equally aggrieved today. I know I'd be a tad 'pi55ed off' if it had been awarded against us.

I hope it's not forgotten when something goes against us, which it will.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Team For Tonight on 14:26 - Dec 31 with 1623 viewsKenBoon

Team For Tonight on 11:26 - Dec 31 by SuddenLad

You missed the part where the FC United lad pushed the defender into the keeper too. That goal still hurts.
Team For Tonight on 17:01 - Dec 31 with 1525 viewsRosun

Team For Tonight on 11:05 - Dec 31 by ColDale

He was pulling off 'worldies' in the pre-match warm up. Speaking off which, check out the difference in the half time warm ups with the substitutes between the two teams. Dale had a focused routine, Shrewsbury looked like a pub team.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024