Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Furlong 22:04 - Jan 12 with 5006 viewsbaz_qpr

Those loans have done him some real good. Was outstanding on the night and only pipped for MOTM by Pavel. Great partnership potential there. Thought whole team was excellent. Best performance of the season maybe
Furlong on 09:00 - Jan 13 with 1142 viewsSuffolkHoop

Furlong on 01:05 - Jan 13 by Northernr

Right side of our team took them apart tonight, big reason we won - Furlong and Pawel the Pole.

Its "Sho-lek" apparently.
Furlong on 09:24 - Jan 13 with 1064 viewsNeil_SI

I think we've managed his situation brilliantly.

He was a bit of a late bloomer that came onto the scene out of nowhere when Chris Ramsey first picked him. He's 21 now and you could argue that he was mismanaged prior to then because he hadn't had any first-team exposure elsewhere until that point.

I think we did the right thing by sending him out on loan because he needed it. He's now got some very decent experience under his belt that we can benefit from now. He's played 50 odd matches across League One and League Two, which is crucial for him given his path till now. He'll understand much better the levels required across all four divisions as he's had a taste of them all.

Yesterday it looked to me that he's come on physically a little bit, which is important, and is where he still needs time to adapt.
Furlong on 10:56 - Jan 13 with 974 viewsCFW

Furlong on 00:53 - Jan 13 by simmo

Positionally naive on a few rare occasions and we have to accept he will still have the odd faulter, but hes an actual bona-fide modern full back and if you get a winger supporting him defensively he will do his overlapping duties better than anyone else at the club. Credit to those that gave him the experience he needed and let's hope he keeps his place for next week and the very long term.

Also, as a side point, it's fúckin lovely to see the son of a former hero like Furlong playing for QPR - adds that little bit more of what rangers is all about.

Totally agree with your post - already mentioned that earlier on this thread. Having done the right thing with the lad so far - loan, giving him a chance etc we need to ensure our coaching staff work with him to improve the things that are still not quite right. A lot of those will be experience but I do feel the coaches need to do their bit as well. Also agree about the dad bit - great for the club and him.
Furlong on 11:13 - Jan 13 with 929 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Furlong on 23:54 - Jan 12 by baz_qpr

True, but IMHO looked every bit the real deal and as I said in the OP those loans have done the World of good. Loaned out a boy, returned a man

Bit like when Rooney's chums brought him to some old trollop to pop his cherry. Didn't do him any harm in the end.

Those games against Arsenal and Palace were indefensible from Ramsey. And so called senior pros like SWP allowing a young pup starting out getting a run around like that, was equally indefensible. Some of our senior pros of the time ought to have manned up.

Good to read the lad has gone out and got himself back on track. Let's hope he continues to develop.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Furlong on 11:16 - Jan 13 with 917 viewspaulparker

I thought his overlapping in the 1st half gave us something we haven't really seen all season and made us more of a threat on the counter
great to see him play without fear and also get stuck in when he needed to and the way he made a meal of the elbow by the reading winger to win a freekick when they were threatening was very canny
still needs to beef up a little more but we really do have an exciting prospect on our hands here

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024