Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium Rumour 11:00 - Jan 12 with 6423 viewsJogo

Just passing on a bit of news I heard from someone involved. Seems QPR are looking into building a stadium on the Linford Christie stadium site in Du Cane Road. OOC is a definite non starter always has been.
Stadium Rumour on 11:06 - Jan 12 with 5186 viewspeejaybee

That come as a bit of a surprise.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Stadium Rumour on 11:07 - Jan 12 with 5171 viewsqprxtc

Blimey, The Pav would mob a lob a ding dong every game.
Stadium Rumour on 11:08 - Jan 12 with 5156 viewsToast_R

Christ, no running track you'd hope...
Stadium Rumour on 11:10 - Jan 12 with 5127 viewsTacticalR

I have a feeling we are running round in circles.

Air hostess clique

Stadium Rumour on 11:13 - Jan 12 with 5088 viewsPinnerPaul

I'm all out of pitchforks and flaming torches, so ambivalent to this one!
Stadium Rumour on 11:13 - Jan 12 with 5077 viewsToast_R

I'm sure there will be plenty of hurdles...
Stadium Rumour on 11:15 - Jan 12 with 5055 viewsAntti_Heinola

If Tony gets this wrong he'll be for the high jump.

Bare bones.

Stadium Rumour on 11:17 - Jan 12 with 5036 viewsGloucs_R

Running track in the ground would surely equal a Lynch mob flying to Malaysia...

Could see us building a small track next to the main stadium though

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Stadium Rumour on 11:18 - Jan 12 with 5028 viewssmegma

Jack Robinsn will be relieved as he'll be nearer the hospital
Stadium Rumour on 11:20 - Jan 12 with 4995 viewsEastR

we haven't got a great track record to date over this whole stadium move

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Stadium Rumour on 11:20 - Jan 12 with 4990 viewsPinnerPaul

Stadium Rumour on 11:18 - Jan 12 by smegma

and makes me even more of a local fan as it was where I was born - the hospital, not the running track!
Stadium Rumour on 11:27 - Jan 12 with 4946 viewsCamberleyR

I think this plan should be discus-sed quite vigourously.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Stadium Rumour on 11:27 - Jan 12 with 4938 viewsRBlock

Stadium Rumour on 11:18 - Jan 12 by smegma

Good for Ravel Morrison because we're near the prison.
Stadium Rumour on 11:41 - Jan 12 with 4860 viewsMytch_QPR

Stadium Rumour on 11:27 - Jan 12 by CamberleyR

I think this plan should be discus-sed quite vigourously.

I doubt it will cross the finish line, but referring to the original post why would Tony and the board spend so much time and energy on the OOC of it was never going to happen? - a massive PR exercise, or has it dawned on them that we don't generally require 40,000 seats?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Stadium Rumour on 11:48 - Jan 12 with 4808 viewsJogo

Stadium Rumour on 11:41 - Jan 12 by Mytch_QPR

I doubt it will cross the finish line, but referring to the original post why would Tony and the board spend so much time and energy on the OOC of it was never going to happen? - a massive PR exercise, or has it dawned on them that we don't generally require 40,000 seats?

The person who disclosed is heavily involved in the ooc development as his company has land there. It said that a stadium in the regenerated ooc development was never going to happen but clearly the club thought otherwise. Appears now that the club accept it won't happen and are reluctantly looking at the west london/Linford Christie stadium as an alternative.
Stadium Rumour on 12:03 - Jan 12 with 4727 viewsMytch_QPR

Stadium Rumour on 11:48 - Jan 12 by Jogo

The person who disclosed is heavily involved in the ooc development as his company has land there. It said that a stadium in the regenerated ooc development was never going to happen but clearly the club thought otherwise. Appears now that the club accept it won't happen and are reluctantly looking at the west london/Linford Christie stadium as an alternative.

Looking at aerial views of the LCS there's nothing like the space required unless a big chunk of the scrubs comes with it - as far as I can see.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Stadium Rumour on 12:06 - Jan 12 with 4704 viewsPinnerPaul

Stadium Rumour on 11:48 - Jan 12 by Jogo

Thats just another repeat of Car Giant saying "over my dead body" - nothing new there.
Stadium Rumour on 12:21 - Jan 12 with 4605 viewsDWQPR

I had many years ago on good authority that Flavio when he came in was looking at an alternative stadium site and LCS was one that was looked at. A feasibility study confirmed that it was not suitable due both size and access. If OOC is not going to happen then the only other site that I reckon could be available would be the old gas works off Harrow Road. I know that Chel*** were looking at that site as an option a few years back. My gut feeling now is that TF and Co will try and make as much money out of the land acquisitions that they have made at OOC whilst keeping the club close to break even and then sell up and clear off. Or maybe JH's thread a couple of months past about the Butler's warehouse site in Greenford has more to it.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Stadium Rumour on 12:35 - Jan 12 with 4505 viewswombat

Stadium Rumour on 12:21 - Jan 12 by DWQPR

I had many years ago on good authority that Flavio when he came in was looking at an alternative stadium site and LCS was one that was looked at. A feasibility study confirmed that it was not suitable due both size and access. If OOC is not going to happen then the only other site that I reckon could be available would be the old gas works off Harrow Road. I know that Chel*** were looking at that site as an option a few years back. My gut feeling now is that TF and Co will try and make as much money out of the land acquisitions that they have made at OOC whilst keeping the club close to break even and then sell up and clear off. Or maybe JH's thread a couple of months past about the Butler's warehouse site in Greenford has more to it.

wont happen due location of the hospital is my guess , not enough access by road as it is , add 40k fans each week roads will be a nightmare around the area , there isnt an A+E dept there now which does make a difference to the scheme though.

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Stadium Rumour on 12:40 - Jan 12 with 4438 viewsMytch_QPR

Stadium Rumour on 12:35 - Jan 12 by wombat

wont happen due location of the hospital is my guess , not enough access by road as it is , add 40k fans each week roads will be a nightmare around the area , there isnt an A+E dept there now which does make a difference to the scheme though.

'add 40k fans'!!!!!!!!!!!!! (???????????????????)

Stadium Rumour on 12:40 - Jan 12 with 4430 viewsdaveB

The hospital is going in the next few years
Stadium Rumour on 12:51 - Jan 12 with 4341 viewsheadhoops

The LCS site has to be 4 times the size of the current site so plenty of room. The School is next door so easy for the players to park. Closer to the Pavilion and now that Gladwins gone on loan we shouldn't have to knock on the door of Wormwood Scrubbs to ask for our ball back.

Worth looking at and trying to hammer out a deal.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Stadium Rumour on 12:53 - Jan 12 with 4325 viewsrobith

Sounds like quite the package
Stadium Rumour on 12:58 - Jan 12 with 4285 views2Thomas2Bowles

This, it's already been looked in to and a none starter.

OOC, I was thinking the other day that this is dead after the thread about Millwall and on OOC homes are going to be worth a lot more to developers.

Kempton park is being sold off to build 30K homes, it's where the money is.

I said on another thread that I think the club will be sold in the summer and if OOC is a dead duck, they will be off, they have already handed the club over to Hoo
to sort out the books.

Still LBlock will be happy
[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 13:02]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Stadium Rumour on 13:03 - Jan 12 with 4230 viewsbaz_qpr

Stadium Rumour on 12:58 - Jan 12 by 2Thomas2Bowles

This, it's already been looked in to and a none starter.

OOC, I was thinking the other day that this is dead after the thread about Millwall and on OOC homes are going to be worth a lot more to developers.

Kempton park is being sold off to build 30K homes, it's where the money is.

I said on another thread that I think the club will be sold in the summer and if OOC is a dead duck, they will be off, they have already handed the club over to Hoo
to sort out the books.

Still LBlock will be happy
[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 13:02]

Just on the Kempton Park thing, the proposal is for 3000 homes in 6 years time and it currently has zero chance of getting through planning
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024