Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium Tour 20:39 - Feb 1 with 2151 viewsTelford_QPR

Hi. Anyone been on a pre game stadium tour before? Bringing my son down for his first home game against Rotherham and was looking at tour. What time does it start and what do you get?
Stadium Tour on 21:52 - Feb 1 with 2113 viewsonlyrinmoray

I went last year. I was down for the Steven Wilson concert at the Albert Hall. I had time to kill during the day so booked the tour There were 5 of us, a mum and her son from Oz her sister and her boy and the old guy me
The tour guide was a lovely lady I think she was a volunteer. We got to see everything, the boxes the owners box with its fine wine collection, changing rooms etc plus a chance to go out along the SA stand and the Loft end Plenty of photo opportunities.
Ive been following QPR for 50 years this was the first time I had got to see behind the scenes at Loftus Rd Well worth the 14/15 quid
Stadium Tour on 21:52 - Feb 1 with 2113 viewsted_hendrix

Mine was an evening one against pimpey, good tour done by Birch who was very decent and seemed to love all the questions we all threw at him.
The trophy cabinet aint all that big though.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Stadium Tour on 22:15 - Feb 1 with 2077 viewsDorse

Make sure you get to see the Armand Traore Memorial Treatment Room.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Stadium Tour on 22:55 - Feb 1 with 2034 viewssmegma

And the Adel Taraabt bus stop opposite the 'Club Superstore'
Stadium Tour on 00:56 - Feb 2 with 1986 viewsBoston

When I asked to see the silverware I was told it was club policy not to allow knives into the stadium.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Stadium Tour on 08:31 - Feb 2 with 1896 viewsTelford_QPR

I notice that its on 10-11 on a Saturday match day so wont be down early enough this time but its given me a good excuse to come down the night before!
Stadium Tour on 08:50 - Feb 2 with 1879 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I got really lucky a few years ago and Stan was helping out showing us round. Had a good chat with my idol.
Stadium Tour on 15:06 - Feb 2 with 1758 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Stadium Tour on 21:52 - Feb 1 by ted_hendrix

Mine was an evening one against pimpey, good tour done by Birch who was very decent and seemed to love all the questions we all threw at him.
The trophy cabinet aint all that big though.

Hang on a minute. We HAVE a trophy cabinet?
[Post edited 2 Feb 2017 15:07]
Login to get fewer ads

Stadium Tour on 15:39 - Feb 2 with 1720 viewsDorse

Stadium Tour on 15:06 - Feb 2 by dodge_stoke_r

Hang on a minute. We HAVE a trophy cabinet?
[Post edited 2 Feb 2017 15:07]

It's more of a conceptual piece. The viewer is led through the installation and asked to imagine several moral victories to the tune of gentle whale music whilst seated on a club beanbag.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Stadium Tour on 16:16 - Feb 2 with 1689 viewsStanisgod

Stadium Tour on 15:39 - Feb 2 by Dorse

It's more of a conceptual piece. The viewer is led through the installation and asked to imagine several moral victories to the tune of gentle whale music whilst seated on a club beanbag.

I thought that the 1981 Evening Standard 5-a-side winners trophy looked rather splendid, but slightly belittled by the 1976 South East Counties winners shield.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Stadium Tour on 16:34 - Feb 2 with 1664 viewsWestbourneR

Played a full on 11 a-side game (refs & linos) at Loftus Road for my stag-do last summer.

Hands down the best day of my life. Scored a pen in front of The Loft.

It usually costs an absolute fortune (£10k) but if you get on a shortlist you can be first reserve if they get a cancellation and then play for more like £200 a head.

Well well worth it if you ever get a chance. Epic feeling.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Stadium Tour on 18:02 - Feb 2 with 1622 viewsJuzzie

I went on a guided tour a few years ago and as much as we love Loftus Road, it's apparent it's not suitable for 21st Century football.

It's not just about the seating capacity, leg-room, toilet & catering facilities for the fans but the whole background infrastructure. Offices, corporate functions for both match day and non match day, changing rooms, officials changing rooms, media suites, post-match interview area with players & managers (currently a doorway I think) and yes, a bigger trophy cabinet would be nice but kinda need to fill it first!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024