Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half season tickets - 525 sold 14:51 - Feb 5 with 8258 viewsRAFCBLUE

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/update-half-season-tickets-

Credit to the club for publishing the figure which by my conservative estimate is 50% of season current ticket holders (I'm working on the basis we have 1,000 ST holders before the exercise).

What I can't tell is how many didn't renew in the Summer - but I think it proves affordability is a big consideration for our fan base.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 15:19 - Feb 7 with 1884 viewsD_Alien

I think DaleFan7 makes a very valid point about not pushing the boat out too far with reduced ST pricing, thus creating an unrealistic expectation for future seasons, which could even have an overall negative effect with people who don't follow the club finances that closely

The balance is indeed a fine one, between getting potential fans through the turnstiles to create an appetite for following the Dale without jeopardising goodwill for the future when prices would almost inevitably have to rise again, particularly if we continue on an upward trend in terms of league position and quality of football on offer

RG's experience at Hartlepool - including the downsides - will be invaluable in making this judgment, and from what we've seen so far it wouldn't be unfair to say that if anyone can get it right, he can

What a triumvirate we have at the club: Dunphy, Hilly & Green, in charge of different aspects and all singing from the same (church-heated) hymnsheet!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 16:05 - Feb 7 with 1801 viewsrochdaleriddler

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 12:56 - Feb 7 by LS27Rdale

You are forgetting one HUGE elephant here....

The tools that got shafted by the club by paying for a FULL Season Ticket....

Thats the majority of Season Tickets Holders .....

But Hey Ho, pat yselves on the back for hanging fire.....Quick poll then,

How many bought Full Price ST on here, And how many bought Half ST ???

Nobody was shafted, they bought a product, the price of which subsequently dropped, in an attempt to boost sales mid season.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 16:09 - Feb 7 with 1787 viewsnordenblue

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 13:27 - Feb 7 by KenBoon

I guess Season Tickets will stay at a similar price but full season ticket holders this season will get a big discount.

It's time the sandy was priced the same as the Pearl Street. Many of the folk who go in the Sandy choose to because they'd rather stand. There shouldn't be a discount for that. If the Sandy is cheaper to operate then the extra money raised could go towards much needed improvements.

Yes that's a super idea, that will get them queuing down Spotland road to buy a new season ticket,let's keep them the same price.....???!!!

I'm sure the idea is to increase the fan base, I'd guess we may need to do something a little bit different than the last 100 plus years as it's obviously not worked....

The point about the Sandy doesn't even require a response,jesus wept....
Half season tickets - 525 sold on 17:19 - Feb 7 with 1698 viewsKenBoon

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 16:09 - Feb 7 by nordenblue

Yes that's a super idea, that will get them queuing down Spotland road to buy a new season ticket,let's keep them the same price.....???!!!

I'm sure the idea is to increase the fan base, I'd guess we may need to do something a little bit different than the last 100 plus years as it's obviously not worked....

The point about the Sandy doesn't even require a response,jesus wept....

The club have sold 525 half-season tickets but there's nowhere near 525 extra people attending. To me it feels like the majority of half-season tickets have been bought by folk who'd probably attend most of the matches anyway. If the purpose of this was to see if an amazing deal (on the back of one of the best winning streaks in our history) could attract several hundred new or floating fans, then it's probably been a bit of a let down.

Now the club could slash season ticket prices for next season but if it doesn't raise regular attendances to 4000+ home fans then it could realistically only be a one season deal, and we need ticket pricing for the long term rather than a short term sale.

Next seasons ticket prices is probably one of the biggest decisions the club will have made in recent years. £200 for an adult is a decent price but this is a poor town and it's still too much as a one-off payment to get new folk into the ground. Taking out finance for season tickets also shouldn't be encouraged. Maybe the club should be looking more towards selling blocks of tickets rather than season tickets because unless you're charging £150 you're not going to get many impulse buyers. Whatever the club do they need to really invest in marketing. Proper marketing too.

If you don't understand basics like charging more for a product people want (standing at Football) then you shouldn't even bother thinking up a response.
Half season tickets - 525 sold on 18:02 - Feb 7 with 1629 views442Dale

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 17:19 - Feb 7 by KenBoon

The club have sold 525 half-season tickets but there's nowhere near 525 extra people attending. To me it feels like the majority of half-season tickets have been bought by folk who'd probably attend most of the matches anyway. If the purpose of this was to see if an amazing deal (on the back of one of the best winning streaks in our history) could attract several hundred new or floating fans, then it's probably been a bit of a let down.

Now the club could slash season ticket prices for next season but if it doesn't raise regular attendances to 4000+ home fans then it could realistically only be a one season deal, and we need ticket pricing for the long term rather than a short term sale.

Next seasons ticket prices is probably one of the biggest decisions the club will have made in recent years. £200 for an adult is a decent price but this is a poor town and it's still too much as a one-off payment to get new folk into the ground. Taking out finance for season tickets also shouldn't be encouraged. Maybe the club should be looking more towards selling blocks of tickets rather than season tickets because unless you're charging £150 you're not going to get many impulse buyers. Whatever the club do they need to really invest in marketing. Proper marketing too.

If you don't understand basics like charging more for a product people want (standing at Football) then you shouldn't even bother thinking up a response.

Some figures for home fans 2016/17:

Average 12 games before the half ST offer: 2516
Average for the 3 games since it started: 2846

Interestingly, without the Bury and Oldham games, the average drops to 2342 for the first half of the season. So on non-derby days it's possible to say there are around an extra 500 home fans turning up on average (albeit a small sample so far).

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 19:04 - Feb 7 with 1535 viewsnordenblue

I'd look up the facts before replying with hot air,as 442 points out...the 500 odd half season tickets in fact DO appear to be adding onto our average home attendance....so again hardly a let down,I'd say more of a well marketed positive attempt to increase the home crowd.

It seems im not on my own understanding "basics" if standing was everyone's preference the Sandy would be full every single game and other stands less populated,which it clearly isn't.....it only appeals to certain fans

So because people want a product it means you can keep increasing the cost and the same number will still want that the product??...staggering logic.... many see value at the set price,increase the price and the value for money dilutes and their interest falls......it's not rocket science....
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 19:08]
Half season tickets - 525 sold on 19:35 - Feb 7 with 1495 viewsTVOS1907

I doubt any club in the history of football has charged their own fans the same for standing as they do for sitting, particularly as the Sandy offers a far inferior view than the TDS.

One of the reasons people still stand is because it's cheaper.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 20:06 - Feb 7 with 1454 viewsRosun

Are season ticket sales automatically included in the attendance figures?
Or is the attendance figure that is announced is the actual number of people through the turnstiles?
I like to play guess the attendance before Dave Sweetmore announces it and I'm usually +/- 200 or so either way. Apart from the last few games. Main stand looks fuller than normal so that might be the reason.
Login to get fewer ads

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 20:11 - Feb 7 with 1436 viewsKenBoon

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 18:02 - Feb 7 by 442Dale

Some figures for home fans 2016/17:

Average 12 games before the half ST offer: 2516
Average for the 3 games since it started: 2846

Interestingly, without the Bury and Oldham games, the average drops to 2342 for the first half of the season. So on non-derby days it's possible to say there are around an extra 500 home fans turning up on average (albeit a small sample so far).

I'll be interested to see how it averages out over the rest of the season. For whatever reason (possibly the time of year) our Christmas attendances were well up and even for the Boxing day fixture that wasn't included in the season ticket offer. The home stands were visibly busier and the Main stand looked packed for those two games. I hope your data ends up being accurate but the previous two games haven't felt anywhere near as busy as the Christmas games, but perhaps they masked even quieter games before Christmas. Fingers crossed.

With regard to terracing. I think 10 years ago Standing was still the budget option. Now we play in League One where fans would expect a seat, so standing might be seen as a novelty, especially on an old terrace. It is similar to people who pay through the nose for retro stuff. We could give the Sandy a makeover, maybe sell vegan pies but ONLY in the sandy? and reduce the price of the Pearl Street or increase the Sandy's price. Then both ends of the ground have the same price. Maybe more normal fans would go into the Pearl street and the facilities there could be upgraded or just cleaned a little bit. Happier fans would spend more money on tat, so we could have Mario AND Luigi in the Bar and the stand would have a better atmosphere. Meanwhile over in the Sandy, patrons can talk about it's character and perhaps recall the match when the Sandy rat finally escaped whoever's farting arse it'd been stuck up for 20 years, only to die moments later in the goal mouth.
Half season tickets - 525 sold on 20:22 - Feb 7 with 1413 views49thseason

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 14:10 - Feb 7 by DaleFan7

*Plus a £1 admin fee?

Genius!
Half season tickets - 525 sold on 20:23 - Feb 7 with 1411 viewsboromat

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 20:11 - Feb 7 by KenBoon

I'll be interested to see how it averages out over the rest of the season. For whatever reason (possibly the time of year) our Christmas attendances were well up and even for the Boxing day fixture that wasn't included in the season ticket offer. The home stands were visibly busier and the Main stand looked packed for those two games. I hope your data ends up being accurate but the previous two games haven't felt anywhere near as busy as the Christmas games, but perhaps they masked even quieter games before Christmas. Fingers crossed.

With regard to terracing. I think 10 years ago Standing was still the budget option. Now we play in League One where fans would expect a seat, so standing might be seen as a novelty, especially on an old terrace. It is similar to people who pay through the nose for retro stuff. We could give the Sandy a makeover, maybe sell vegan pies but ONLY in the sandy? and reduce the price of the Pearl Street or increase the Sandy's price. Then both ends of the ground have the same price. Maybe more normal fans would go into the Pearl street and the facilities there could be upgraded or just cleaned a little bit. Happier fans would spend more money on tat, so we could have Mario AND Luigi in the Bar and the stand would have a better atmosphere. Meanwhile over in the Sandy, patrons can talk about it's character and perhaps recall the match when the Sandy rat finally escaped whoever's farting arse it'd been stuck up for 20 years, only to die moments later in the goal mouth.

You really don't like the fans in the Sandy do you? Why aren't they normal? You also have some strange preconceptions, vegan pies?! Haha.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 20:31 - Feb 7 with 1382 viewsKenBoon

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 20:23 - Feb 7 by boromat

You really don't like the fans in the Sandy do you? Why aren't they normal? You also have some strange preconceptions, vegan pies?! Haha.

Some of my best friends are sandy-ites
Half season tickets - 525 sold on 20:39 - Feb 7 with 1371 viewsTVOS1907

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 20:31 - Feb 7 by KenBoon

Some of my best friends are sandy-ites

Are they vegans?

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 20:41 - Feb 7 with 1370 viewsKenBoon

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 20:39 - Feb 7 by TVOS1907

Are they vegans?

Goodness no.
Half season tickets - 525 sold on 20:43 - Feb 7 with 1365 views442Dale

I think we'll all be interested but they aren't my figures, they're the attendance figures that illustrate that the half ST offer has had a positive effect so far. To claim otherwise would be wrong.

I've swapped to the Sandy out of choice this season and have enjoyed it for a variety of reasons. Each to their own. To claim otherwise would be wrong.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 20:46 - Feb 7 with 2418 views49thseason

What on earth are you drinking? I stand because I prefer to, I hate watching live football sitting in a cramped plastic seat with little opportunity to sidle away from the smelly fart individual who decides to sit next to me. I like being able to wander around a little and do some subtle exercises for my back. It's got nothing to do with what league we are in, the view, or the pies. I just prefer standing and if forced to ease my long legs into a seat, I would start to think twice about turning up week in week out.

And anyway where do people who sit balance their drinks and pies if there is no crowd barrier to use as a shelf? And how do you dodge the footballs that RNL hammers at the crowd during the warm up if you sit down? Perhaps there ought to be larger seats for people with big backsides and more legroom for tall people or padded seats for boney people or with big cushions for short arses and cup holders and seat-back trays? In fact, I can see it now... personalised seating at Rochdale with a different price for everyone! A first for football.... Or not.
Half season tickets - 525 sold on 20:51 - Feb 7 with 2415 viewsTVOS1907

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 20:43 - Feb 7 by 442Dale

I think we'll all be interested but they aren't my figures, they're the attendance figures that illustrate that the half ST offer has had a positive effect so far. To claim otherwise would be wrong.

I've swapped to the Sandy out of choice this season and have enjoyed it for a variety of reasons. Each to their own. To claim otherwise would be wrong.

Interestingly, there were 318 more Dale fans at Saturday's game than when we last entertained Bristol Rovers at Christmas time halfway through our promotion season.

The game v Shrewsbury was played at a similar time of year and there were 919 more Dale fans there than v Rovers three years earlier.

I'm not sure what, if any, conclusions can be drawn from that, but it shows how difficult it is to compare attendance figures as there are so many influencing factors.

Anyway, here are the home fans at this season's league games.

Peterborough 2525
MK Dons 1964
AFC Wimbledon 1995
Fleetwood 2200
Bolton 2637
Southend 2378
Bury 3564
Oldham 3209
Swindon 2028
Walsall 1758
Scunthorpe 2664
Chesterfield 3277
Shrewsbury 3192
Oxford 2757
Bristol R 2591
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 20:56]

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 21:57 - Feb 7 with 2343 viewsD_Dale

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 20:43 - Feb 7 by 442Dale

Perhaps it's only me, but I've long thought that a main point in favour of the Sandy was that more often than not (I'd be fascinated to see the figures, if anyone has compiled them) Dale play towards it in the - usually more decisive, with more home goals scored - second half.

But there's a lot of good insights in this thread and I hope whoever decides on ticket prices at the club reads them. It's a useful debate, in part on an evening when Dale were due to play Charlton.

As for tonight's games, you have to feel a bit sorry for the Biffos, losing 1-0 at MKD to a 96th minute goal. And a win for Coventry! (If only in the Checkatrade Trophy)
Half season tickets - 525 sold on 00:18 - Feb 8 with 2237 viewsShun

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 21:57 - Feb 7 by D_Dale

Perhaps it's only me, but I've long thought that a main point in favour of the Sandy was that more often than not (I'd be fascinated to see the figures, if anyone has compiled them) Dale play towards it in the - usually more decisive, with more home goals scored - second half.

But there's a lot of good insights in this thread and I hope whoever decides on ticket prices at the club reads them. It's a useful debate, in part on an evening when Dale were due to play Charlton.

As for tonight's games, you have to feel a bit sorry for the Biffos, losing 1-0 at MKD to a 96th minute goal. And a win for Coventry! (If only in the Checkatrade Trophy)

Your first paragraph is the main reason I go in the Sandy Lane end. If Dale began shooting towards the Sandy Lane in the first half instead then I'd be off to the (in my opinion, far superior) TDS as soon as possible.
Half season tickets - 525 sold on 00:43 - Feb 8 with 2231 viewswindowsbug

Then again...... Charge too much and people say feck you.
Half season tickets - 525 sold on 07:37 - Feb 8 with 2176 viewsrochedale

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 00:18 - Feb 8 by Shun

Your first paragraph is the main reason I go in the Sandy Lane end. If Dale began shooting towards the Sandy Lane in the first half instead then I'd be off to the (in my opinion, far superior) TDS as soon as possible.

That's a really interesting point, and I assumed it was the other way round, that the players choose to play towards the more rowdy home support in the second half, rather than, the fans choose that stand due to Dale choosing to play that way second half. It would an interesting, in my view, to see if there would be a change in numbers in the Pearl St and Sandy if the players chose to start by attacking the Sandy. It would also be interesting to see see if the team started to attack against the Sandy first half if the numbers in there greatly reduced.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 09:30 - Feb 8 with 2088 viewsKenBoon

Does anyone know the breakdown between fans in the Sandy compared to the Main Stand and the Pearl Street?
Half season tickets - 525 sold on 11:07 - Feb 8 with 2022 viewsdalenumber2

Does anyone know if the 'bring a friend' offer for the Port Vale game is just for the half season ticket holders or can full season ticket holders benefit too?
Half season tickets - 525 sold on 12:21 - Feb 8 with 1948 viewsdingdangblue

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 11:07 - Feb 8 by dalenumber2

Does anyone know if the 'bring a friend' offer for the Port Vale game is just for the half season ticket holders or can full season ticket holders benefit too?

It's for anyone who has bring a friend vouchers in their Season ticket book. If you have vouchers you can use them , if you don't - you can't.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 12:57 - Feb 8 with 1894 viewsboromat

My estimates the other day were 50% Main - 30% Pearl - 20% Sandy but with there being a higher percentage of kids in the Pearl.

Think it's pretty unlikely anyone on here will have a proper breakdown.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024