Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goaline technology 09:42 - Feb 6 with 4043 viewsonlyrinmoray

Its affected us twice and I'm sure many other supporters of other non Premier clubs as well. Why cant the football league introduce this to their leagues To bring their clubs into line with the Premiership ?
I see IH said it costs £100 000 to introduce to every ground. If the EFL subsidised it possibly by 50% (leagues 1 and 2) and 25% Championship and brought it in gradually eg. over 5 years to all Championship and Leagues 1&2
We ve got Championship clubs buying players for over 10 million I cant believe £75 000 is going to cause them problems
Also weve got teams coming down from the Premiership ie Norwich Newcastle who have got the technology, paid for it (or given it ) and now cant use it ???
The Club should raise this with the EFL
Goaline technology on 13:11 - Feb 8 with 1036 viewsAntti_Heinola

Goaline technology on 12:59 - Feb 8 by DannyPaddox

Clive Allen's rocket for Palace (v Coventry? early 80s). Screamed into the goal, hit the back stanchion so hard it pinged back out again. Ref never gave it In fact he shouted: "REBOUNDS!" and waved play on. Not directly related to the Rs but made me happy in a 'what the fcuk you doing playing for those muppets Clive!?' sort of way.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 13:02]

Yes, it hit the 'stauncheon', as Jimmy Hill told us.

Bare bones.

Goaline technology on 13:16 - Feb 8 with 1026 viewsDannyPaddox

Goaline technology on 13:11 - Feb 8 by Antti_Heinola

Yes, it hit the 'stauncheon', as Jimmy Hill told us.

Jimmy Hill, just back from a fact-finding mission in Germany, had been experimenting with psycho-active umlauts at the time.
Goaline technology on 13:25 - Feb 8 with 1014 viewsPinnerPaul

Goaline technology on 12:33 - Feb 8 by Pommyhoop

The refs and rules need to be more strict. If the culture of the players need to change then do that too. I dont know what penalty you are talking about that took 4 1/2 mins but if you stop the clock as per RL and go for a video playback I bet it would'nt take that long. If it did there's no bother because the big clock has stopped and will start again when play resumes.

It DID take that long, as ref didn't give it initially, so video ref reviewed, while play was going on.

He told ref to review the incident, ref waited until ball went out of play THEN went over to monitor to review the incident, THEN gave pen.

Yes you can add time on, fine if you want every game to last 2+ hours.
Goaline technology on 13:35 - Feb 8 with 996 viewsPommyhoop

Goaline technology on 13:25 - Feb 8 by PinnerPaul

It DID take that long, as ref didn't give it initially, so video ref reviewed, while play was going on.

He told ref to review the incident, ref waited until ball went out of play THEN went over to monitor to review the incident, THEN gave pen.

Yes you can add time on, fine if you want every game to last 2+ hours.

''so video ref reviewed, while play was going on. ''
Did it take 41/2 mins from the initial offence or 41/2 mins when the ball went out of play?

Whatever it would need fine tuning . I watch Origin games and they do'nt take 2 plus hours.
Like I say strict rules and strict refs (like in League)

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Goaline technology on 13:49 - Feb 8 with 978 viewsLongsufferingR

Goaline technology on 13:35 - Feb 8 by Pommyhoop

Did it take 41/2 mins from the initial offence or 41/2 mins when the ball went out of play?

Whatever it would need fine tuning . I watch Origin games and they do'nt take 2 plus hours.

Do strict refs not make mistakes then?
Goaline technology on 13:52 - Feb 8 with 970 viewsPommyhoop

Goaline technology on 13:49 - Feb 8 by LongsufferingR

Do strict refs not make mistakes then?

Yeah they do thats why I want video like in rugby league..

Goaline technology on 13:59 - Feb 8 with 956 viewsLongsufferingR

Goaline technology on 13:52 - Feb 8 by Pommyhoop

Different game entirely. Is it only used to tell whether it's a try or not? The game stops when the ball is touched down anyway, so there's a natural break in play. Doesn't happen in football.

I hope somebody has the link to the example PP mentioned earlier so you can see just how ridiculous it is.
Goaline technology on 14:06 - Feb 8 with 943 viewsPommyhoop

Goaline technology on 13:59 - Feb 8 by LongsufferingR

Different game entirely. Is it only used to tell whether it's a try or not? The game stops when the ball is touched down anyway, so there's a natural break in play. Doesn't happen in football.

I hope somebody has the link to the example PP mentioned earlier so you can see just how ridiculous it is.

I would'nt have it for everything . Penalties ..Goals.. Red cards .. And the big clock and hooter would do for a start..
I hope there is a link to PP's incident too becaause I do'nt think 4 1/2 mins is that bad.Especially if your whole season rests on that decision..
Saturdays goal was pretty ridiculous tbf
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 14:09]

Login to get fewer ads

Goaline technology on 14:10 - Feb 8 with 933 viewsLongsufferingR

Goaline technology on 14:06 - Feb 8 by Pommyhoop

I would'nt have it for everything . Penalties ..Goals.. Red cards .. And the big clock and hooter would do for a start..
I hope there is a link to PP's incident too becaause I do'nt think 4 1/2 mins is that bad.Especially if your whole season rests on that decision..
Saturdays goal was pretty ridiculous tbf
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 14:09]

Every football game needs a big clock and Hooters!

We already have it for goallines, just needs to be expanded below Prem. However, whether the ball has crossed the line or not is a matter of fact that the technology detects in a fraction of a second. Penalties, red cards etc are not a matter of fact, they are a matter of opinion, so who's to say the end result will be any better? How many times have you watched pundits on TV discussing a certain decision over and over again with replays from all angles, and still not being able to agree on whether it was a foul or not?
Goaline technology on 14:12 - Feb 8 with 929 viewsPommyhoop

Goaline technology on 14:10 - Feb 8 by LongsufferingR

Every football game needs a big clock and Hooters!

We already have it for goallines, just needs to be expanded below Prem. However, whether the ball has crossed the line or not is a matter of fact that the technology detects in a fraction of a second. Penalties, red cards etc are not a matter of fact, they are a matter of opinion, so who's to say the end result will be any better? How many times have you watched pundits on TV discussing a certain decision over and over again with replays from all angles, and still not being able to agree on whether it was a foul or not?

Ive seen far more dead cert mistakes on telly than the odd few where the pundits are HONESTLY undecided..

Goaline technology on 14:20 - Feb 8 with 903 viewsLongsufferingR

Goaline technology on 14:12 - Feb 8 by Pommyhoop

Ive seen far more dead cert mistakes on telly than the odd few where the pundits are HONESTLY undecided..

OK, let's take the example of Derry and Ashley Young which I mentioned on a previous thread. You and I both know it was a dive/severe exaggeration, but I bet you anything you like it wouldn't have been overturned by a video ref. Derry put his hand on Young's shoulder. Touch was light as a feather and no way caused him to fall over, but a video ref wouldn't be able to say with certainty it didn't cause him to fall over, no matter how many times he watched it and how much time it wasted.
Goaline technology on 14:23 - Feb 8 with 897 viewsPommyhoop

I totally disagree with you on that. Obvious dive the video fella would'veover ruled it..
If anything the video fella would save time or at least been on same level..
Young dived..We surrounded ref ( not as much as we should) They took penalty scored
and celebrated..more time .
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 14:26]

Goaline technology on 14:26 - Feb 8 with 893 viewsLongsufferingR

Goaline technology on 14:23 - Feb 8 by Pommyhoop

I totally disagree with you on that. Obvious dive the video fella would'veover ruled it..
If anything the video fella would save time or at least been on same level..
Young dived..We surrounded ref ( not as much as we should) They took penalty scored
and celebrated..more time .
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 14:26]

I must have missed the ban getting overturned on appeal then!
Goaline technology on 14:28 - Feb 8 with 884 viewsPommyhoop

Goaline technology on 14:26 - Feb 8 by LongsufferingR

I must have missed the ban getting overturned on appeal then!

That sort of corruption is another issue.That has to be sorted to
Baby steps Look how long it took to catch up with Sepp Blatter

Goaline technology on 14:47 - Feb 8 with 850 viewsterryb

Goaline technology on 13:52 - Feb 8 by Pommyhoop

As RL only uses video in televised games that wouldn't have helped on Saturday!

That may be different in Australia, but that is how it is applied in Super League.

It has always seemed wrong to me that matches in the same league don't have the same coverage available. Is it also the same as in Cricket & NFL that the referee/umpire has to be clearly wrong for their decision to be overturned?

Not that I think that is wrong, but it does result in wrong decisions being madse due to "insufficient evidence".

I've been brought up on the officials being wrong as a part of the game. Long may be that be the case!
Goaline technology on 15:46 - Feb 8 with 730 viewsPinnerPaul

Goaline technology on 13:35 - Feb 8 by Pommyhoop

4 1/2 mins from original offence.

If you want ref to make final decision, not sure how you "streamline" it?

Football isn't that easy - in fact this incident involved a possible offside as well, but that wasn't reviewed as not part of current experiment.

As AH says above, how do you decide when a phase of play starts and stops, and what to review, not review.

I'll see if I can find clip in question
Goaline technology on 18:03 - Feb 8 with 703 viewsKaos_Agent

Goaline technology on 09:50 - Feb 8 by Pommyhoop

Same..
F'ck it I want the lot ..Everything top class Rugby League has got I want for top class football.
Including a hooter at 90 minns It cant be hard to stop the big clock when the refs whistle goes off and start it again when he blows to start..p
People say there would be too many hold ups..I say bollox how much of a hold up is there when your Chelsea's and your Man UTDs crowd the ref .
Strict reffing like league .. Video play backs ..reversing free kicks if they dont stand back intime
Bring it on I say ..It needs sorting things like Cantona's goal .the blackburn and WBA goals and Lampards world cup goal really piss me off...
It would take a few years but I recon it would be worth it in the end...
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 10:05]

Spot on. I don't know why there is such resistance to taking the game out of the 19th century. If blatant and costly officiating errors were rare then I could understand it, but they not rare.

"Then it has all been in vain. The fellowship has failed." "Not if we hold true to each other."

Goaline technology on 18:47 - Feb 18 with 621 viewsonlyrinmoray

Goaline technology on 18:03 - Feb 8 by Kaos_Agent

Spot on. I don't know why there is such resistance to taking the game out of the 19th century. If blatant and costly officiating errors were rare then I could understand it, but they not rare.

According to bbc the Championship are bringing in goal line tech for the start of next season about time to Obviously this thread convinced them
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024