Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No pitch inspection planned: Game on 09:40 - Mar 4 with 2920 viewsDaley_Lama

Latest tweet from the club
[Post edited 4 Mar 2017 9:40]

Poll: DF in or out

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 09:44 - Mar 4 with 2898 viewsD_Alien

Fantastic

I feared the worst the way it was legging it down for some tine yesterday evening, but maybe the club have got to grips with the new pitch, here's hoping so

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 10:02 - Mar 4 with 2808 views442Dale

The changes in the forecast have again illustrated that it's often better to wait and see, there will be occasions it changes... and times it won't!

The fact that there's a tweet this morning is an illustration that lessons have been learnt from the other day when the lack of info was the main concern around the postponement. Great news, now let's get a win and the whole feeling around the club changes again. Football is weird like that.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 10:40 - Mar 4 with 2685 viewsD_Alien

It'll be interesting to see how many tickets have been sold for the home ends. It's almost certainly going to be reduced due to the circumstances in midweek with many not willing or able to take the risk - unless phone sales are still being accepted?

I'll predict around 2500 Daleys, with the overall gate just shading the previous best against Bolton of 6011

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 11:27 - Mar 4 with 2544 viewsPDIDDY

The bowling green is back 😎

Gissa job

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 12:41 - Mar 4 with 2411 viewsToffeemanc

Been up to the ground this morning and the groundstaff were busy working on the pitch.
The sponge roller was in use along the touchline on the main stand side of the pitch. The grow lamps were also on in the area where the players enter the pitch from the tunnel for the pre match line up. Most worrying for me were clearly visible yellow patches (dead grass ?) which could be seen around the centre of the pitch, and just outside the penalty area at the pearl street end where the opposition players have shooting practice before the game. Seems like the new pitch might have a few issues of it's own, just hope the surface holds together so we can play our normal passing game for the remaining games this season.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 13:25 - Mar 4 with 2307 viewsoff2div1

Wish club would update answer phone for match news next game was December.
No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 13:34 - Mar 4 with 2278 viewsD_Alien

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 12:41 - Mar 4 by Toffeemanc

Been up to the ground this morning and the groundstaff were busy working on the pitch.
The sponge roller was in use along the touchline on the main stand side of the pitch. The grow lamps were also on in the area where the players enter the pitch from the tunnel for the pre match line up. Most worrying for me were clearly visible yellow patches (dead grass ?) which could be seen around the centre of the pitch, and just outside the penalty area at the pearl street end where the opposition players have shooting practice before the game. Seems like the new pitch might have a few issues of it's own, just hope the surface holds together so we can play our normal passing game for the remaining games this season.

It was slightly misleading of the club to say no pitch inspection was planned...

There's going to be 2500+ of us inspecting it shortly!

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 13:59 - Mar 4 with 2219 views442Dale

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 12:41 - Mar 4 by Toffeemanc

There's a video on Sheff U's Twitter and there does appear to be non- green patches in the Pearl St half.

Login to get fewer ads

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 14:46 - Mar 4 with 2163 viewsDaleiLama

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 13:34 - Mar 4 by D_Alien

It was slightly misleading of the club to say no pitch inspection was planned...

There's going to be 2500+ of us inspecting it shortly!

Looks a bit like a beach in some spots?!?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 14:50 - Mar 4 with 2148 viewsisitme

The pitch is a mess and only after two games being played in it.
No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 14:53 - Mar 4 with 2130 views442Dale

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 14:50 - Mar 4 by isitme

The pitch is a mess and only after two games being played in it.

Did someone post about this being ok for 18 months now?!

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 14:56 - Mar 4 with 2111 viewsDaleiLama

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 14:53 - Mar 4 by 442Dale

Did someone post about this being ok for 18 months now?!

You never know it might get some sunshine in the not too distant?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 18:51 - Mar 4 with 1972 views49thseason

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 14:56 - Mar 4 by DaleiLama

You never know it might get some sunshine in the not too distant?

You are just being silly now. This is Rochdale, the wettest place in the UK with more than 50,000 people. we get 800 hours of sunshine a year less than Southampton that's over 3 months at 8 hours a day less sunshine. Our weather must represent the biggest challenge in the Football League to producing a good surface. Probably a good argument for having a G4 surface.
No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 03:27 - Mar 5 with 1733 viewsolimakininoz

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 18:51 - Mar 4 by 49thseason

You are just being silly now. This is Rochdale, the wettest place in the UK with more than 50,000 people. we get 800 hours of sunshine a year less than Southampton that's over 3 months at 8 hours a day less sunshine. Our weather must represent the biggest challenge in the Football League to producing a good surface. Probably a good argument for having a G4 surface.

We have done fine in the past going back 10 years... no problems in the pitch. Actually being nominated for top 3 pitch in the league and finished 4th numerous seasons. I was head groundsman for 4 years and assistant groundsman for 3 years working under great people are this time. Couldn't say why the pitch has been in the last 2 years but something needs addressing.
No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 10:09 - Mar 5 with 1611 viewsisitme

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 03:27 - Mar 5 by olimakininoz

We have done fine in the past going back 10 years... no problems in the pitch. Actually being nominated for top 3 pitch in the league and finished 4th numerous seasons. I was head groundsman for 4 years and assistant groundsman for 3 years working under great people are this time. Couldn't say why the pitch has been in the last 2 years but something needs addressing.

No disrespect to the current staff but the pitch has not been the same since you left. Can we organise a whip round to get you back?
No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 10:29 - Mar 5 with 1580 viewsrochedale

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 10:09 - Mar 5 by isitme

No disrespect to the current staff but the pitch has not been the same since you left. Can we organise a whip round to get you back?

Sorry, meant thumbs up 👍

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 12:04 - Mar 5 with 1499 viewsdingdangblue

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 03:27 - Mar 5 by olimakininoz

What are your thoughts on the 'soil turf' that has been laid? It looks a real mess? Is normal turf suitable for a professional football stadium these days? I know we probably can't afford the 'Desso' type of pitch where you are looking at 600k or more - that the top teams have. The fibresand pitches we had when you were here seemed ok though - but is it all about maintenance?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 13:04 - Mar 5 with 1435 views442Dale

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 12:04 - Mar 5 by dingdangblue

What are your thoughts on the 'soil turf' that has been laid? It looks a real mess? Is normal turf suitable for a professional football stadium these days? I know we probably can't afford the 'Desso' type of pitch where you are looking at 600k or more - that the top teams have. The fibresand pitches we had when you were here seemed ok though - but is it all about maintenance?

God only knows what it looks like today.

Would be very interested to know why there appeared to be some discolouration of the grass. We'd have been as well chucking sand on it and rolling it very flat like last season.

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 13:13 - Mar 5 with 1422 viewsdingdangblue

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 13:04 - Mar 5 by 442Dale

God only knows what it looks like today.

Would be very interested to know why there appeared to be some discolouration of the grass. We'd have been as well chucking sand on it and rolling it very flat like last season.

It does seem like a whole lot of money and effort has been wasted. I know it was all done with really good intentions - and without the Hogan windfall it wouldn't have even been considered. Hornets have only just started the season too.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 13:17 - Mar 5 with 1418 views442Dale

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 13:13 - Mar 5 by dingdangblue

It does seem like a whole lot of money and effort has been wasted. I know it was all done with really good intentions - and without the Hogan windfall it wouldn't have even been considered. Hornets have only just started the season too.

There's no avoiding the issue and pretending things are ok. Wilder's comments say it all. Really not sure what we can do next.

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 13:44 - Mar 5 with 1393 viewsKenBoon

The pitch is horrendous and appeared to play much worse than it looked. The Willbutts Lane part is worse than it was before. Visually it reminds me of Accrington's a few years back after they'd spent some money on it. I think we need to lend the local cannabis grower's equipment and hope for an early Spring.
No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 15:09 - Mar 5 with 1330 viewsNogintheNog

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 13:44 - Mar 5 by KenBoon

The pitch is horrendous and appeared to play much worse than it looked. The Willbutts Lane part is worse than it was before. Visually it reminds me of Accrington's a few years back after they'd spent some money on it. I think we need to lend the local cannabis grower's equipment and hope for an early Spring.

I,m no expert ( you should see the state of my front lawn) but may we not be being a bit harsh on the new pitch. It`s barely a fortnight since it was laid and has had one football and one rugby match on it plus rain of biblical levels. Will it not be better to judge it after our next home game when it`s had a chance to bed in ?
No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 15:48 - Mar 5 with 1256 views442Dale

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 15:09 - Mar 5 by NogintheNog

I,m no expert ( you should see the state of my front lawn) but may we not be being a bit harsh on the new pitch. It`s barely a fortnight since it was laid and has had one football and one rugby match on it plus rain of biblical levels. Will it not be better to judge it after our next home game when it`s had a chance to bed in ?

It was ok after the first game. The problem appears to have developed since then - the Sheff Utd manager's thoughts on it should be a big worry for all concerned.

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 18:27 - Mar 5 with 1134 viewsfrenzied

No pitch inspection planned: Game on on 15:48 - Mar 5 by 442Dale

It was ok after the first game. The problem appears to have developed since then - the Sheff Utd manager's thoughts on it should be a big worry for all concerned.

After seeing the pitch at Newport it makes me wonder how bad its got to be to get called off!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024