Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
STANS GAME 21:31 - Jul 4 with 46903 viewsdigswellhoop

IAM TOTALY DISGUSTED THAT ONLY 3.500 TICKETS HAVE BEEN SOLD WHWRE ARE THE QPR FANS IF ITS NOT A FULL HOUSE WE WILL BE A DISGRACE
STANS GAME on 17:08 - Jul 28 with 5000 viewssmegma

STANS GAME on 16:28 - Jul 28 by Nov77

I recognise that left peg anywhere.

More like a wand.
STANS GAME on 17:27 - Jul 28 with 4953 viewsconnell10

STANS GAME on 16:28 - Jul 28 by Nov77

That was lovely!! Stan the Man still got it!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

STANS GAME on 17:40 - Jul 28 with 4907 viewsbosh67

He may be losing his memory but he's never forgotten that magical touch. Brilliant clip. 68, fighting for his life in many ways and still able to nutmeg his grandson... at will.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

STANS GAME on 18:53 - Jul 28 with 4755 viewshopphoops

Just featured on ITV news - I hope they open the Ellerslie tomorrow, the game's getting a lot of attention.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

STANS GAME on 19:04 - Jul 28 with 4732 viewsJAPRANGERS

STANS GAME on 17:40 - Jul 28 by bosh67

He may be losing his memory but he's never forgotten that magical touch. Brilliant clip. 68, fighting for his life in many ways and still able to nutmeg his grandson... at will.

Stan's still better than anything we 've got now!
STANS GAME on 23:39 - Jul 28 with 4511 viewsRLVS

STANS GAME on 19:04 - Jul 28 by JAPRANGERS

Stan's still better than anything we 've got now!

Given the magnitude of tomorrow's occasion, I wanted to share my own experience of Stan. In late 1997 my brother died suddenly at the age of 27. A friend of a friend knew Brian Rowe, then Marketing Manager, and three months after Andy's death a memorial game had been arranged at Loftus Road for the following May. In the ensuing weeks, Stan attended virtually every meeting as we planned the event and was instrumental in getting various auction items from the likes of Charlie George. He also signed and donated a large number of copies of his autobiography ridiculously suggesting that we sell them for less than the face value despite having his signature (we actually sold a load at four times the price). On the day of the game itself, Stan was clearly the star attraction but needed to be cajoled into a 15 minute cameo at the end, wearing my boots, to the delight of those present. Subsequently, I kept in contact with Stan and he attended a number of functions for my football club, never once asking for a fee. He was always generous with his time happily sharing stories of his career on and off the pitch with those present. A true great on the pitch and in my experience a very decent person off it.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 0:13]
STANS GAME on 00:24 - Jul 29 with 4455 viewssmegma

STANS GAME on 23:39 - Jul 28 by RLVS

Given the magnitude of tomorrow's occasion, I wanted to share my own experience of Stan. In late 1997 my brother died suddenly at the age of 27. A friend of a friend knew Brian Rowe, then Marketing Manager, and three months after Andy's death a memorial game had been arranged at Loftus Road for the following May. In the ensuing weeks, Stan attended virtually every meeting as we planned the event and was instrumental in getting various auction items from the likes of Charlie George. He also signed and donated a large number of copies of his autobiography ridiculously suggesting that we sell them for less than the face value despite having his signature (we actually sold a load at four times the price). On the day of the game itself, Stan was clearly the star attraction but needed to be cajoled into a 15 minute cameo at the end, wearing my boots, to the delight of those present. Subsequently, I kept in contact with Stan and he attended a number of functions for my football club, never once asking for a fee. He was always generous with his time happily sharing stories of his career on and off the pitch with those present. A true great on the pitch and in my experience a very decent person off it.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 0:13]

That's how I'll remember Stan.

I attended a book signing in Hammersmith when his biography came out. This was the 'first edition' not the 'second edition' which was the same book but with a different cover (only Stan could pull that trick!). I went to take a poster from the shop window but got told off by security. As he signed my book I said 'fancy a pint after' and told him where the pub was. About an hour later he strolls in the pub with the aforementioned poster in his hand which he gave to me. He then signed the poster in the pub. He also signed my book 'to the second best QPR player' !!!!!!!!! He scored in my first ever visit to LR in 1973 along with Dave Clement, hence they became my first QPR heroes. He's been on record as saying he was a useless husband and his fatherhood wasn't the greatest. But one thing he told me was 'you never let your fans down'. He's never let me down. That run in the UEFA Cup is the highlight of my 44 years supporting our club.
STANS GAME on 07:29 - Jul 29 with 4331 viewsenfieldargh

ITV news yesterday

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2017-07-28/fundraising-match-to-help-qpr-great-wi

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Login to get fewer ads

STANS GAME on 10:25 - Jul 29 with 4153 viewsconnell10

Just counted up the remaining seats and it comes to 224 so i think the Ellersile road will have to be opened for walk ups!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

STANS GAME on 10:58 - Jul 29 with 4065 viewsonlyrinmoray

Just signed up for the game on player and watched his Superstars appearance.. hilarious then read the extract from his book where he shoots the table in the pistol shooting

Shame I missed a lot of his football as I moved to Scotland and in those days not much English football on the tele and didn't have the funds to travel to games
STANS GAME on 11:01 - Jul 29 with 4054 viewscyprusmel

STANS GAME on 10:25 - Jul 29 by connell10

Just counted up the remaining seats and it comes to 224 so i think the Ellersile road will have to be opened for walk ups!

Connell, I don't think that they have opened the corners of the upper loft yet.
HU, PU, JU, QU.
Still a possibility about Ellerslie though.
STANS GAME on 12:19 - Jul 29 with 3884 viewsHayesender

Weather not looking too clever this afternoon. I hope this doesn't put people off attending

Poll: Shamima Beghum

STANS GAME on 12:42 - Jul 29 with 3819 viewsNov77

STANS GAME on 11:01 - Jul 29 by cyprusmel

Connell, I don't think that they have opened the corners of the upper loft yet.
HU, PU, JU, QU.
Still a possibility about Ellerslie though.

Ian Taylor tweeted today there were well over 1000 left in upper loft.
I hope they have contingency to open Ellerslie, terrible PR if a load of fans can't get in.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

STANS GAME on 13:15 - Jul 29 with 3724 viewsNov77

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

STANS GAME on 13:44 - Jul 29 with 3663 viewsStanisgod

Just saw the great man going in !! Looked quite well considering.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

STANS GAME on 15:21 - Jul 29 with 3277 viewsonlyrinmoray

Ive paid £3 99p for the live video but cant get any signal just a spinning download symbol Any one else having problems Watching on my computer not tablet or phone
STANS GAME on 15:29 - Jul 29 with 3217 viewskropotkin41

How strong a team have Bournemouth put out?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

STANS GAME on 15:36 - Jul 29 with 3126 viewswortonranger

Paid the 40 odd quid for a seasons subscription but can't get the game to work. Have I misunderstood something?
STANS GAME on 15:43 - Jul 29 with 3062 viewskropotkin41

STANS GAME on 15:36 - Jul 29 by wortonranger

Paid the 40 odd quid for a seasons subscription but can't get the game to work. Have I misunderstood something?

The new website doesn't seem to be working so well. I found the game, but more by luck than judgement.

STANS GAME on 16:01 - Jul 29 with 2872 viewsDeepcutHoop

Very dusty in these parts watching Stan lapping up the adulation from the faithful.

So pleased he appears to be having a good day.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 16:02]
STANS GAME on 16:25 - Jul 29 with 2667 viewskropotkin41

Cut out now! Nothing! Hardly encouraging!

STANS GAME on 16:34 - Jul 29 with 2574 viewsJAPRANGERS

So what happened? Did they open Ellersie and roughly how many people turned up for Stan??
STANS GAME on 16:54 - Jul 29 with 2377 viewskropotkin41

It'd be nice if we'd seen someone put in a good cross.

STANS GAME on 17:13 - Jul 29 with 2163 viewsRBlock

Ellerslie wasn't open, but didn't hear anything about anyone being turned away. Re: Worton, the season pass didn't include the pre-season friendlies. Stan came out before and at half time, and thoroughly enjoyed himself as far as I could see. Did a little jig around the pitch. Was fantastic, result notwithstanding.
STANS GAME on 17:16 - Jul 29 with 2129 viewsSnipper

Great assist by Onuoha for their goal.

Absolute peach of a pass.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024