Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi 15:33 - Aug 4 with 81546 viewsDarran

He's off.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gylfi on 18:36 - Aug 8 with 2230 viewsunion_jack

Gylfi on 18:14 - Aug 8 by Big_Phil

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/08/evertons-attempts-sign-swansea-ci

Hello.....dirty rotten Scousers......

Bear in mind that there were no direct quotes there so it could be a little bit of speculation mixed with a modicum of truth so that if it transpires it is the case they can say "see, we reported it here first".

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Gylfi on 18:37 - Aug 8 with 2222 viewsWarwickHunt

Gylfi on 18:30 - Aug 8 by TheFranchise

"Furthermore sources close to the deal have suggested that a fee of around £45million, to be paid up front with no add-ons, was verbally agreed between the two clubs before an attempt has been made by Everton to renegotiate the terms."

Probably wanted a pile of hubcaps, an ounce of gak and a few dozen trackie bottoms to sweeten the deal.

Scallies.
Gylfi on 18:38 - Aug 8 with 2203 viewsTheFranchise

Gylfi on 18:37 - Aug 8 by WarwickHunt

Probably wanted a pile of hubcaps, an ounce of gak and a few dozen trackie bottoms to sweeten the deal.

Scallies.

I'd be happy with the £50m & happy they agreed the £45m. I'm not happy that a fee was agreed (if true) and they're trying to knock it down again.

Tell them to get stuffed and get him playing.
Gylfi on 18:38 - Aug 8 with 2198 viewsN_T_J

When?
Gylfi on 18:39 - Aug 8 with 2175 viewsLandore_Jack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-boss-ronald-ko

But they did enter negotiations with Everton to broker a deal after Sigurdsson indicated he was ready to go — with the Daily Telegraph reporting that a verbal agreement of a £45m straight cash deal was made.

Swansea were prepared to sign off the deal having held firm over the price for Sigurdsson, a player who at one stage was being talked about as a £25m target of the Toffees.

The record transfer would have seen Swansea ready to press ahead with deals for new signings thought to be lined up ahead of Sigurdsson's potential exit.

But it is being claimed that Everton then attempted to re-negotiate the terms — leaving Koeman now fearing that his chances of landing Sigurdsson could be over, despite the Telegraph reporting that there is a discrepancy of less than £5m.

It is thought Swansea were left frustrated by the sudden change of terms having looked to have resolved a situation that has had its impact on preparations for the new campaign.

#backtojack

Gylfi on 18:48 - Aug 8 with 2095 viewsbuilthjack

He's done double training sessions yesterday and today. Wonder if he will start on Saturday.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Gylfi on 18:53 - Aug 8 with 2034 viewsmagicdaps10

Gylfi on 18:48 - Aug 8 by builthjack

He's done double training sessions yesterday and today. Wonder if he will start on Saturday.

If it does collapse then he has a lot of making up to do.

Think it will carry on until the last few days of the the window.....then BOOM.

Mark my words.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Gylfi on 18:54 - Aug 8 with 2011 viewsTheFranchise

Gylfi on 18:53 - Aug 8 by magicdaps10

Mark my words.

How do we know it wasn't us that suggested he didn't play or fly?

We may have been protecting our golden goose.
Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi on 18:55 - Aug 8 with 2000 viewsunion_jack

Gylfi on 18:54 - Aug 8 by TheFranchise

How do we know it wasn't us that suggested he didn't play or fly?

We may have been protecting our golden goose.

I'd bet that was the case tbh.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Gylfi on 18:57 - Aug 8 with 1979 viewsEasternJack

Gylfi on 18:39 - Aug 8 by Landore_Jack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-boss-ronald-ko

But they did enter negotiations with Everton to broker a deal after Sigurdsson indicated he was ready to go — with the Daily Telegraph reporting that a verbal agreement of a £45m straight cash deal was made.

Swansea were prepared to sign off the deal having held firm over the price for Sigurdsson, a player who at one stage was being talked about as a £25m target of the Toffees.

The record transfer would have seen Swansea ready to press ahead with deals for new signings thought to be lined up ahead of Sigurdsson's potential exit.

But it is being claimed that Everton then attempted to re-negotiate the terms — leaving Koeman now fearing that his chances of landing Sigurdsson could be over, despite the Telegraph reporting that there is a discrepancy of less than £5m.

It is thought Swansea were left frustrated by the sudden change of terms having looked to have resolved a situation that has had its impact on preparations for the new campaign.

This sort of bad faith bullshIt will kill the deal.

Time to shut it down and tell Gylfi he's staying here this year. He can put in a transfer request if he doesn't like it - the loyalty bonus saving will likely get the deal done

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Gylfi on 18:59 - Aug 8 with 1949 viewsMo_Wives

Gylfi on 18:53 - Aug 8 by magicdaps10

Mark my words.

Was that 'BOOM' the window slamming shut on our fingers?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Gylfi on 19:00 - Aug 8 with 1949 viewsMattG

I'd be very much tempted to tell Everton to do one.

Between the alleged tapping up and the length of time things have been dragging on, they have already screwed up our pre-season. Now,after all that, they try (as seems to be the case) to re-negotiate the deal to their advantage.

If true, they are extracting the urine, big time and we should walk away.
Gylfi on 19:01 - Aug 8 with 1933 viewsTheResurrection

WOW!!

What a scoop for Wathan.

Regurgitating a Telegraph article.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Gylfi on 19:02 - Aug 8 with 1906 viewsTheResurrection

Gylfi on 19:00 - Aug 8 by MattG

I'd be very much tempted to tell Everton to do one.

Between the alleged tapping up and the length of time things have been dragging on, they have already screwed up our pre-season. Now,after all that, they try (as seems to be the case) to re-negotiate the deal to their advantage.

If true, they are extracting the urine, big time and we should walk away.

No chance, that's a hideous idea.

And don't be naive to tapping up. We do it the same as every other club does and it was embarrassing when we complained about it.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Gylfi on 19:02 - Aug 8 with 1906 viewsFlashberryjack

So it may not be our fault the deal is struggling to get over the line after all.

I expect it won't be the first time a club makes an offer in order to unsettle a player, once the selling club indicate they would be prepared to let that player go, suddenly the buying club moves the goal posts.

Result..... selling club has an unsettled player, and the buying club are in a better negotiating position.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Gylfi on 19:03 - Aug 8 with 1889 viewsMo_Wives

Gylfi on 18:57 - Aug 8 by EasternJack

This sort of bad faith bullshIt will kill the deal.

Time to shut it down and tell Gylfi he's staying here this year. He can put in a transfer request if he doesn't like it - the loyalty bonus saving will likely get the deal done

I like the idea of getting him to panic and put in a transfer request.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Gylfi on 19:03 - Aug 8 with 1885 viewsTheFranchise

Gylfi on 19:02 - Aug 8 by TheResurrection

And don't be naive to tapping up. We do it the same as every other club does and it was embarrassing when we complained about it.

Everyone taps people up.
Gylfi on 19:08 - Aug 8 with 1822 viewsMattG

Gylfi on 19:02 - Aug 8 by TheResurrection

We probably do but I'm not sure we do it as publicly as Koeman has with Gylfi.

It's not my preferred solution either, to be honest, but Everton are taking the pi55 now. And I know the fee is way over the odds for the player but they have known that from the start.
Gylfi on 19:12 - Aug 8 with 1761 viewsjack247

Gylfi on 19:02 - Aug 8 by Flashberryjack

So it may not be our fault the deal is struggling to get over the line after all.

I expect it won't be the first time a club makes an offer in order to unsettle a player, once the selling club indicate they would be prepared to let that player go, suddenly the buying club moves the goal posts.

Result..... selling club has an unsettled player, and the buying club are in a better negotiating position.

It's our fault that Everton have us over a barrel.

Had we said, the price is £45m or £50m or whatever it is, then took him on tour and played him in friendlies, they'd have been twitching and less inclined to try to bend us over late in the window. As far as I see it, it's all just posturing now and a case of who blinks first. They can afford to take this to deadline day, we can't.
Gylfi on 19:23 - Aug 8 with 1650 viewsaberhugh

Easy, if this really is the position:
Everton - P*ss off.

Gylfi - Get on with your job, you are an employee, quite happy to take the post when you did not like the treatment at your last place of work.
Alternatively, put in a transfer request and take a hit financially yourself.

Clem - He is our player, train him hard put him in the team if you wish, apparently he is a 'professional' footballer.

Club - Don't b*gger up a good deal, but do not be bullied. Last year Siggy helped get us out of the sh*t, so no bad thing if he is hear next year on his present very decent wedge.
Gylfi on 19:23 - Aug 8 with 1645 viewslondonlisa2001

Gylfi on 19:12 - Aug 8 by jack247

Had we said, the price is £45m or £50m or whatever it is, then took him on tour and played him in friendlies, they'd have been twitching and less inclined to try to bend us over late in the window. As far as I see it, it's all just posturing now and a case of who blinks first. They can afford to take this to deadline day, we can't.

I agree with this as well.

We have passed them all the aces and are acting surprised when they use them.
Gylfi on 19:23 - Aug 8 with 1634 viewsTheFranchise

Has anyone suggested you may have a stress management problem?
Gylfi on 19:26 - Aug 8 with 1609 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Gylfi on 12:56 - Aug 8 by Headmaster

I predict he'll be gone tomorrow. That makes it 3 days before the season starts, the same time Williams left. Then we'll faff about trying to get a replacement before announcing Enner "Superman" Valencia on a 3 year deal, despite not actually signing him. It's the Swansea way.

In fairness, you've gotta admit that Alfie Mawson has worked out pretty well as Ash's replacement.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Gylfi on 19:26 - Aug 8 with 1605 viewsLandore_Jack

Maybe Everton do not have £45M spare?

#backtojack

Gylfi on 19:29 - Aug 8 with 1577 viewsEasternJack

It would be ducking mental to risk a potential £45-50m deal with that sort of negotiating tactic.

Can you imagine the outrage on here if he got injured and the deal fell through? From a business perspective it would be considered negligent in the extreme to adopt that sort of risk for such a potentially critical cash injection.

Leave it to the professionals

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024