Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi 15:33 - Aug 4 with 81551 viewsDarran

He's off.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gylfi on 19:31 - Aug 8 with 2566 viewsjack247

Gylfi on 19:29 - Aug 8 by EasternJack

It would be ducking mental to risk a potential £45-50m deal with that sort of negotiating tactic.

Can you imagine the outrage on here if he got injured and the deal fell through? From a business perspective it would be considered negligent in the extreme to adopt that sort of risk for such a potentially critical cash injection.

Leave it to the professionals

Yeah, cos they are doing a great job of it
Gylfi on 19:35 - Aug 8 with 2538 viewsjack247

Gylfi on 19:23 - Aug 8 by TheFranchise

Has anyone suggested you may have a stress management problem?

You're the first.
Gylfi on 19:38 - Aug 8 with 2507 viewsEasternJack

Gylfi on 19:31 - Aug 8 by jack247

Yeah, cos they are doing a great job of it

So far, I think so.

They don't want to sell Gylfi. The 50M tag clearly supports that view - it's a stupid number for him that Everton were never meant to really consider.

Great if we get the money

20 goals assured if we don't

Win win

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Gylfi on 19:38 - Aug 8 with 2507 viewslondonlisa2001

Gylfi on 19:29 - Aug 8 by EasternJack

It would be ducking mental to risk a potential £45-50m deal with that sort of negotiating tactic.

Can you imagine the outrage on here if he got injured and the deal fell through? From a business perspective it would be considered negligent in the extreme to adopt that sort of risk for such a potentially critical cash injection.

Leave it to the professionals

What if the deal doesn't happen and his ACL goes in the first match in September? Or he tears his hamstring because he hasn't done a proper pre season?

It's the same thing (and more likely as injuries happen less often in friendlies).

Liverpool haven't sat Coutinho out for pre season, Leicester haven't with Mahrez, etc etc etc.

We are in the farcical situation of our most valuable player neither giving us the money to improve the squad for Saturday, nor being able to play for us.

It's utterly ridiculous.
Gylfi on 19:41 - Aug 8 with 2479 viewslondonlisa2001

Gylfi on 19:38 - Aug 8 by EasternJack

So far, I think so.

They don't want to sell Gylfi. The 50M tag clearly supports that view - it's a stupid number for him that Everton were never meant to really consider.

Win win

Hang on. One minute you're saying that it's business suicide to risk the deal not happening and the next you're saying they don't want to sell him?

Which is it?

If they didn't want to sell him, they wouldn't have kept him out of pre season. But keeping him out, with only one club interested, was stupid anyway.
Gylfi on 19:44 - Aug 8 with 2424 viewspencoedjack

Gylfi on 19:38 - Aug 8 by londonlisa2001

What if the deal doesn't happen and his ACL goes in the first match in September? Or he tears his hamstring because he hasn't done a proper pre season?

It's the same thing (and more likely as injuries happen less often in friendlies).

Liverpool haven't sat Coutinho out for pre season, Leicester haven't with Mahrez, etc etc etc.

We are in the farcical situation of our most valuable player neither giving us the money to improve the squad for Saturday, nor being able to play for us.

It's utterly ridiculous.

If he's fit and the best option he should play Saturday
Gylfi on 19:46 - Aug 8 with 2402 viewsEasternJack

It's utterly ridiculous.

Ah - we're dealing in "what if's"

What if he bangs in 50 goals next season and he subsequently becomes worth £100M?

I genuinely feel that PC and board want to keep Siggy as a matter of pinciple: obviously the money being banded around and the imminent potential of the deal (plus Siggy changing his mind) made this something they had to consider - and therefore protect by benching him.

It looks like a lot of bad faith by Everton that's causing this delay - probably by their board being torn on the value of this deal (it's a terrrible deal for them that makes no sense unles CL is guaranteed - it's not)

The Coutinho/Mahrez situations are slightly different. Neither have been as "imminent" as the Siggy deal, also the 50m is a major deal for us. If Mahrez was potentially subcject to an imminent 70m deal then I'm sure Leicester would pull him from any games

Gylfi on 19:47 - Aug 8 with 2394 viewslondonlisa2001

Gylfi on 19:44 - Aug 8 by pencoedjack

If he's fit and the best option he should play Saturday

Genuinely can't see how he's fit enough.

Possibly on the bench.

But I'd be amazed if he ever gets near pulling on the shirt again to be honest.

I think it's all gone too far. But in the crazy world of the premier league, who knows anymore.

If we've turned down £40m plus for him though, we are utterly, utterly mad.
Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi on 19:48 - Aug 8 with 2375 viewsEasternJack

Gylfi on 19:41 - Aug 8 by londonlisa2001

Hang on. One minute you're saying that it's business suicide to risk the deal not happening and the next you're saying they don't want to sell him?

Which is it?

If they didn't want to sell him, they wouldn't have kept him out of pre season. But keeping him out, with only one club interested, was stupid anyway.

I've explained. I'll simplify:

Board didn't want to sell and made a statement to the same by setting a huge price tag.
Huge price tag is seriously considered by Everton
Player then starts to agitate
Makes sense for the board to try and conclude the deal
[Post edited 8 Aug 2017 19:52]

Gylfi on 19:50 - Aug 8 with 2359 viewsThornburyswan

IF what SSN are reporting is close to the truth - we accepted £45M & then Everton changed their mind & came back @ £40M - & Siggy still holds the respect of PC & the first team squad for me he should be reintegrated & put on the bench on Saturday (with a view, subject to game situation, giving him the last 10/15 minutes).

Putting him with the kids is not a play for me & keeping him out of the squad until the window shuts 'just in case' doesn't help either - the above either starts his reintegration or forces Everton to come back @ £45M+
Gylfi on 19:51 - Aug 8 with 2346 viewsjack247

Gylfi on 19:38 - Aug 8 by EasternJack

So far, I think so.

Win win

Huh?

We either sell him, or we don't. If we don't, we don't wrap him in cotton wool.

It's really not a win win if we spend the whole transfer window butting heads with them and either end up with an unfit, disillusioned player, or £50m and no time to spend it.

If we really wanted to keep him, just say he is not for sale. If we were happy to sell, then a slightly lower amount earlier in the window, which would have allowed us to sign and integrate a replacement would have been better for all parties.
Gylfi on 19:51 - Aug 8 with 2347 viewsbluenile

It's utterly ridiculous.

What if?............What if?............If my Uncle was a dog he'd go woof!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Gylfi on 19:55 - Aug 8 with 2290 viewsTheResurrection

Gylfi on 19:35 - Aug 8 by jack247

You're the first.

I've thought it for a while ;-)

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Gylfi on 19:56 - Aug 8 with 2271 viewsjack247

Gylfi on 19:55 - Aug 8 by TheResurrection

I've thought it for a while ;-)

Fair play, genuine laugh out loud moment 👍🏻
Gylfi on 20:02 - Aug 8 with 2213 viewsTheResurrection

It's utterly ridiculous.

It's far more likely that Siggy's agent is both behind this latest article and him not taking much of a part in pre-season.

Yeah, I think we've been happy to go along with it to a certain degree as it protects what was looking like an extremely valuable asset.

For Siggy's agent, this is one of the final attempts to force Everton's hand, almost publicly shaming them by announcing their moving of the goalpost's. If this doesn't work, then the advice would be to hand in a transfer request.

It's ridiculous, but it's the beginning of the end.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Gylfi on 20:06 - Aug 8 with 2168 viewslondonlisa2001

Gylfi on 19:51 - Aug 8 by bluenile

What if?............What if?............If my Uncle was a dog he'd go woof!

I was responding to the post that said we couldn't play him in case he was injured and we lost our asset.

That's a 'what if' in the first place, which was the point I was making.

It's all what ifs.

If he's ours, we should have played him. This saga has been so badly managed it's untrue.
Gylfi on 20:10 - Aug 8 with 2134 viewslondonlisa2001

Gylfi on 19:46 - Aug 8 by EasternJack

What if he bangs in 50 goals next season and he subsequently becomes worth £100M?

I genuinely feel that PC and board want to keep Siggy as a matter of pinciple: obviously the money being banded around and the imminent potential of the deal (plus Siggy changing his mind) made this something they had to consider - and therefore protect by benching him.

It looks like a lot of bad faith by Everton that's causing this delay - probably by their board being torn on the value of this deal (it's a terrrible deal for them that makes no sense unles CL is guaranteed - it's not)

The Coutinho/Mahrez situations are slightly different. Neither have been as "imminent" as the Siggy deal, also the 50m is a major deal for us. If Mahrez was potentially subcject to an imminent 70m deal then I'm sure Leicester would pull him from any games

No. I'm pointing out that you were doing exactly that. In which case, it never ends.

I don't think for a moment the board want to keep him. They put a price in his head the second the season ended. The only difference is we've upped the price during the summer. I also don't think for a moment that he wanted to stay if any club bigger than us came in for him.

And the Siggy deal hasn't been imminent. Hence why after what seems like a decade or two, he's still not gone.
Gylfi on 20:13 - Aug 8 with 2088 viewsTheResurrection

The Board and PC wanting to keep him point, you make,

Trust me, they don't.

I dont care whether you believe it or not, it's the truth.

Gylfi on 20:18 - Aug 8 with 2033 viewsDarran

Gylfi on 20:13 - Aug 8 by TheResurrection

The Board and PC wanting to keep him point, you make,

Trust me, they don't.

I dont care whether you believe it or not, it's the truth.

That's not completely true. If someone tossed £50million into the transfer kitty tomorrow they'd keep him.

They want money not him gone and they've got a big dimella.

Gylfi on 20:26 - Aug 8 with 1935 viewsNirvana

Completely agree here, Eastern.

Well said.
Gylfi on 20:28 - Aug 8 with 1919 viewslondonlisa2001

Gylfi on 20:18 - Aug 8 by Darran

That's not completely true. If someone tossed £50million into the transfer kitty tomorrow they'd keep him.

That's fair.

But as I said a few weeks ago, we have, in turning down the offer of two weeks ago, effectively paid out £40m plus on one midfielder when we don't have the ability to bring in the players that we needed. And we've done it in order to be bloody clever. And those of us who've been Swans fans for years, could see this coming a mile off.

Teams that are far richer can afford to invest so much in one player. We can't.
Gylfi on 20:30 - Aug 8 with 1891 viewsunion_jack

Gylfi on 20:18 - Aug 8 by Darran

Exactly.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Gylfi on 20:34 - Aug 8 with 1837 viewsDarran

Gylfi on 20:28 - Aug 8 by londonlisa2001

That's fair.

But as I said a few weeks ago, we have, in turning down the offer of two weeks ago, effectively paid out £40m plus on one midfielder when we don't have the ability to bring in the players that we needed. And we've done it in order to be bloody clever. And those of us who've been Swans fans for years, could see this coming a mile off.

Teams that are far richer can afford to invest so much in one player. We can't.

I completely agree as you probably know I said basically the same thing on twitter two weeks ago.

There's playing hardball and there's fuçking up and if this falls through not accepting £40million is fuçking up big time.

Gylfi on 20:34 - Aug 8 with 1837 viewslondonlisa2001

Gylfi on 20:26 - Aug 8 by Nirvana

Completely agree here, Eastern.

Well said.

That's because, as you've admitted on a number of occasions, you don't understand the finances.

It's why you've spent ages talking about (insert name of random European player) joining us for 'only' €10m 'whether we get rid of Gylfi or not'.

Investing £40m on one player for us is madness when there are weaknesses all over the squad.

Why we don't have any money to spend is a different matter, as we bloody well should have if the club is being managed properly. But we don't have the sort of money that selling one player for in excess of £40m would give us.
Gylfi on 20:36 - Aug 8 with 1808 viewsmax936

Gylfi on 20:06 - Aug 8 by londonlisa2001

I was responding to the post that said we couldn't play him in case he was injured and we lost our asset.

That's a 'what if' in the first place, which was the point I was making.

It's all what ifs.

If he's ours, we should have played him. This saga has been so badly managed it's untrue.

Badly managed you say? nah the Yanks said lessons have been learnt mun

Koeman hasn't come out of this with any credit at all either publicly stating that he wants to sign him, I know it happens behind closed doors but this has been as public as it gets that can't be right, just because they are now a club with huge financial backing they think they can do what they Like.

They've fuked up our signings pre-season [yes the yanks have a hand in this as well] and our preparations for the seasons start it stinks

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024