Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi 15:33 - Aug 4 with 81401 viewsDarran

He's off.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gylfi on 19:49 - Aug 7 with 2703 viewsraynor94

Gylfi on 19:37 - Aug 7 by max936

Its looking like that's very much the plan unfortunately, all these threads about us supposedly looking at this player and that player is getting to be laughable, its not gonna happen.

How on earth we turned the £40 million+ down 2 weeks ago is beyond me, we could have had new players in ready for Saturday, instead we are stuck in this farcical stalemate

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Gylfi on 19:54 - Aug 7 with 2665 viewsmax936

Gylfi on 19:49 - Aug 7 by raynor94

How on earth we turned the £40 million+ down 2 weeks ago is beyond me, we could have had new players in ready for Saturday, instead we are stuck in this farcical stalemate

The cynic in me is suggesting that the clubs hierarchy want this and it'll save them spending out, even though its clear they need to, but if you go back to after the end of the season when Jenkins again said that we don't need much maybe one or two and we've got them in Mesa and Abraham.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Gylfi on 20:04 - Aug 7 with 2585 viewsjack247

Gylfi on 17:08 - Aug 7 by TheFranchise

I think you're going to be disappointed.

Yes, you're probably right
Gylfi on 20:08 - Aug 7 with 2557 viewsBorojack

Gylfi on 20:04 - Aug 7 by jack247

Yes, you're probably right

Yes lots of cash sloshing about to pay off the Trust and buy the stadium off the Council.
Surely Clement would walk if this happened though.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Gylfi on 09:39 - Aug 8 with 2225 viewsTheFranchise

Anyone ITK know anything?
Gylfi on 09:41 - Aug 8 with 2207 viewsshandyjack

Gylfi on 09:39 - Aug 8 by TheFranchise

Anyone ITK know anything?

did he train yesterday?

Poll: Expectation for the season

Gylfi on 10:04 - Aug 8 with 2075 viewsjacabertawe

The owners are clearly trying to play the hard-headed-do-a-big-deal businessmen role, rather than that of the realistic and knowledgeable football club owners'.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Gylfi on 10:07 - Aug 8 with 2053 viewspencoedjack

Gylfi on 10:04 - Aug 8 by jacabertawe

The owners are clearly trying to play the hard-headed-do-a-big-deal businessmen role, rather than that of the realistic and knowledgeable football club owners'.

if they caved in people would complain ....

To me the deal will be agreed on or close to deadline day but maybe I'm cynical
Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi on 10:11 - Aug 8 with 2015 viewsjack247

Gylfi on 10:07 - Aug 8 by pencoedjack

if they caved in people would complain ....

To me the deal will be agreed on or close to deadline day but maybe I'm cynical

I don't think many would have complained if we'd sold him for £45m + a few weeks ago. Not that they care if fans complain anyway
Gylfi on 10:14 - Aug 8 with 1994 viewsshandyjack

Gylfi on 10:11 - Aug 8 by jack247

I don't think many would have complained if we'd sold him for £45m + a few weeks ago. Not that they care if fans complain anyway

we haven't had a £45m+ offer though

Poll: Expectation for the season

Gylfi on 10:23 - Aug 8 with 1941 viewsraynor94

Gylfi on 10:14 - Aug 8 by shandyjack

we haven't had a £45m+ offer though

£40m+ and should have taken it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Gylfi on 10:32 - Aug 8 with 1880 viewspencoedjack

Gylfi on 10:11 - Aug 8 by jack247

News to me

If you believe the club we have had only 1 offer which was rejected ( a good offer imo) but not what they want so they are playing hardball

We can't have it both ways seen as a pushover or accept the offer and bring new players in
Gylfi on 10:45 - Aug 8 with 1789 viewsandypitt56

Gylfi on 10:32 - Aug 8 by pencoedjack

News to me

If you believe the club we have had only 1 offer which was rejected ( a good offer imo) but not what they want so they are playing hardball

We can't have it both ways seen as a pushover or accept the offer and bring new players in

I dont understand some people on here, I get the dislike of the owners to a degree. however the club branded as pushovers for selling players in the past, and now the new owners are actually sticking to their guns and they still get slated. IMO just seems like it doesnt matter what our new owners do some people will always find fault because they are foreign owners. My problem is with the sell outs, not the new owners.
Gylfi on 10:46 - Aug 8 with 1776 viewsjack247

Gylfi on 10:32 - Aug 8 by pencoedjack

News to me

Whether you believe the club depends on what you class as an offer. They may have only made one official approach, but they must be negotiating every day. Both sides know what they would accept.

If we were going to play hardball, we should have played proper hardball and treated him like a normal member of the first team squad. They know full well we are just keeping him warm for them.

The way it's going, either one side will cave in at the last minute, or neither will and we will end up with an unfit, disillusioned player and no money to spend.
Gylfi on 10:47 - Aug 8 with 1765 viewsmonmouth

Pah. When I saw this at the top, my hopes were raised.

Different day, same shit.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Gylfi on 10:50 - Aug 8 with 1742 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gylfi on 10:47 - Aug 8 by monmouth

Pah. When I saw this at the top, my hopes were raised.

Different day, same shit.

Innit. If only we had some boiling hot sunny weather to distract us. August sucks.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gylfi on 10:50 - Aug 8 with 1741 viewsjack247

Gylfi on 10:45 - Aug 8 by andypitt56

I dont understand some people on here, I get the dislike of the owners to a degree. however the club branded as pushovers for selling players in the past, and now the new owners are actually sticking to their guns and they still get slated. IMO just seems like it doesnt matter what our new owners do some people will always find fault because they are foreign owners. My problem is with the sell outs, not the new owners.

It's not because they are foreign, it's because they are fcking up this transfer window. They quite rightly got a lot of praise at the start for clearing out unwanted players.
Gylfi on 10:54 - Aug 8 with 1713 viewsmagicdaps10

Gylfi on 10:50 - Aug 8 by jack247

It's not because they are foreign, it's because they are fcking up this transfer window. They quite rightly got a lot of praise at the start for clearing out unwanted players.

The clearing out looked at first a good thing for the squad.

For me, they are clearing the decks for one thing, lowering the wage bill.

The silence is deafening at present.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Gylfi on 10:54 - Aug 8 with 1706 viewsPrivate_Partz

Well for me it is holding out for 3 m on a very good deal v selling good players below their value. One is as bad as the other. Each deal, or non deal, has to be looked at on merit.
Couple this with shocking situation of Siggy not having involvement in the first team during the negoatiations and you have a complete clusterfeck.
Time to tell the Iceman it is all off and to get his ass down the trading ground pronto. Bench him for Southampton.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Gylfi on 10:55 - Aug 8 with 1698 viewsAlgorfajack

Gylfi on 10:50 - Aug 8 by Brynmill_Jack

Innit. If only we had some boiling hot sunny weather to distract us. August sucks.

I can confirm that today it is boiling hot & a very sunny 39c where I am.

Unfortunately this is not helping resolve the Siggy situation

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Gylfi on 11:04 - Aug 8 with 1632 viewspencoedjack

Not sure if that was a dig at me but I agree with your post
Gylfi on 11:04 - Aug 8 with 1627 viewsunion_jack

If he's not gone by tomorrow I'd stick him in for 90 mins in Tatey's testy tomorrow. Get him match fit.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Gylfi on 11:20 - Aug 8 with 1541 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gylfi on 11:04 - Aug 8 by union_jack

If he's not gone by tomorrow I'd stick him in for 90 mins in Tatey's testy tomorrow. Get him match fit.

Like your thinking there. Then bench him for Southampton.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gylfi on 11:25 - Aug 8 with 1513 viewsMo_Wives

Gylfi on 11:20 - Aug 8 by Brynmill_Jack

Like your thinking there. Then bench him for Southampton.

Set him up in stocks out in the Jack zone...Have the kids throw rotten vegetables at him.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Gylfi on 11:31 - Aug 8 with 1472 viewstomdickharry

There must be some very difficult sticking points for the Siggy deal not to be completed,there is always give and take in any negotiations,Mr Cement said it was "imminent" a week last Saturday, so where is the problem?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024