Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi 15:33 - Aug 4 with 81397 viewsDarran

He's off.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gylfi on 14:28 - Aug 7 with 2829 viewslondonlisa2001

Gylfi on 14:18 - Aug 7 by MrSwerve

Is anyone 'worth' what they are going for these days?

No, but people are quoting his stats and forgetting that they've actually sat and watched him play for 3 seasons.

Turning down the last offer and wasting at least two weeks was ridiculous.

Pre season is over. We're now just in the week of a game, same as every other week of the season, and we have brought in 1 player and 1 loan (and obviously the obligatory goalkeeper). We haven't addressed the weaknesses in the team, let alone squad, and three of the players who started the last few games of last season have huge question marks hanging over their heads.

Clement appears to be an excellent manager, and the style he is trying to introduce is great. But we are forcing him to do his job with his hands tied behind his back.
Gylfi on 14:30 - Aug 7 with 2794 viewsMrSwerve

Gylfi on 14:28 - Aug 7 by londonlisa2001

No, but people are quoting his stats and forgetting that they've actually sat and watched him play for 3 seasons.

Pre season is over. We're now just in the week of a game, same as every other week of the season, and we have brought in 1 player and 1 loan (and obviously the obligatory goalkeeper). We haven't addressed the weaknesses in the team, let alone squad, and three of the players who started the last few games of last season have huge question marks hanging over their heads.

Clement appears to be an excellent manager, and the style he is trying to introduce is great. But we are forcing him to do his job with his hands tied behind his back.

I don't disagree with you.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Gylfi on 14:31 - Aug 7 with 2783 viewsPrivate_Partz

History repeating itself. Frankie had exactly the same problem, possibly worse. Jenkins and the Board have taken dithering to a whole new level. The sad thing for me is their egos prevent them learning from their mistakes.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Gylfi on 14:33 - Aug 7 with 2769 viewslondonlisa2001

Gylfi on 14:31 - Aug 7 by Private_Partz

History repeating itself. Frankie had exactly the same problem, possibly worse. Jenkins and the Board have taken dithering to a whole new level. The sad thing for me is their egos prevent them learning from their mistakes.

On just this one issue, I don't believe it's Jenkins' fault.
Gylfi on 14:40 - Aug 7 with 2695 viewssnork44

But with the takeover that was supposed to take us to the next level that we would be able to compete with the Sothampton's, West Broms and even the Everton's of this world. But all it has done is taken us to next level of dividends payable ! We can't even compete with some Championship clubs let alone Premier league teams financially. E20 will come along and explain why we haven't got a pot to piss in.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Gylfi on 14:45 - Aug 7 with 2643 viewsRobert

Gylfi on 14:13 - Aug 7 by jeza739

We've rejected the sale which we're entitled to do. Gylfi should have been made to play or dock his wages. He was happy to sign the improved contract last yr wasn't he ? Only issue that could've been handled better is giving them a deadline of he's not for sale after a certain date which ideally should've been last week.
Re deadline day offer no chance no sale. They've had months to come up with the money and gives us no chance to replace.
If they want him that much they'll pay our valuation

Swansea received an offer and a lot of interest for Gylfi before last season. They told Gylfi that they were not willing to sell him then but wanted to get one more year out of him and sell him before this season. Swansea offered him a new contract with higher wages and in return Swansea would be able to get more transfer fee because he would have a longer contract remaining. Gylfi signed but was not completely happy that the club was aiming to sell him. Gylfi was told that if an offer of over 30 would come in Swansea would accept.

Last January Swansea received an offer from UK and from China. They told Gylfi about it and asked what he thought because it was a lot of money for the club. Gylfi refused to talk about it with the club because he did not want to leave his team in the relegation struggle in January.

The deal between Everton and Swansea is now very close.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2017 14:50]
Gylfi on 14:54 - Aug 7 with 2537 viewsjack247

Gylfi on 14:45 - Aug 7 by Robert

Swansea received an offer and a lot of interest for Gylfi before last season. They told Gylfi that they were not willing to sell him then but wanted to get one more year out of him and sell him before this season. Swansea offered him a new contract with higher wages and in return Swansea would be able to get more transfer fee because he would have a longer contract remaining. Gylfi signed but was not completely happy that the club was aiming to sell him. Gylfi was told that if an offer of over 30 would come in Swansea would accept.

Last January Swansea received an offer from UK and from China. They told Gylfi about it and asked what he thought because it was a lot of money for the club. Gylfi refused to talk about it with the club because he did not want to leave his team in the relegation struggle in January.

I've no inside info or anything, but that's bollocks.
Gylfi on 14:56 - Aug 7 with 2519 viewspencoedjack

I find it hard to believe Gylfi 'refused to leave because the club was in a relegation battle'

Maybe true but that's a bold statement
Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi on 14:57 - Aug 7 with 2501 viewsRobert

Gylfi on 14:56 - Aug 7 by pencoedjack

I find it hard to believe Gylfi 'refused to leave because the club was in a relegation battle'

Maybe true but that's a bold statement

True
Gylfi on 14:58 - Aug 7 with 2494 viewsJackSomething

What none of us know is the structure of the offer/offers we've turned down. I find it hard to believe the club would turn down anything over £40m straight cash in decent instalments.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Gylfi on 15:01 - Aug 7 with 2460 viewsJackSomething

Gylfi on 14:57 - Aug 7 by Robert

True

Bollocks.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Gylfi on 15:04 - Aug 7 with 2421 viewslondonlisa2001

Gylfi on 14:58 - Aug 7 by JackSomething

What none of us know is the structure of the offer/offers we've turned down. I find it hard to believe the club would turn down anything over £40m straight cash in decent instalments.

I think that Kaplan has decided he wants £50m and that's that.

He doesn't understand football, and is used to using steamroller tactics to get what he wants. He didn't understand the impact on the club and will now be trying to save face.

Certainly doesn't show any signs of being willing to take advice. Didn't with Bradley. Didn't take the advice two weeks ago to sell Siggy.

Fairly typical behaviour from an American hedge fund guy.
Gylfi on 15:05 - Aug 7 with 2399 viewsshandyjack

There is no way they told him they wnated to sell him when they offered him a new contract, if they did he wouldn't have signed it as he could have left a lot easier than it's taking now.
Also there is no way he refused to leave in January due to us being in a relegation zone, it was most likley due to the clubs that bid, 1. he didn't want to move to China being the main reason

Poll: Expectation for the season

Gylfi on 15:07 - Aug 7 with 2369 viewslondonlisa2001

Poor Siggy.

It's such a shame they wouldn't let him go to America, play in any friendlies and didn't even let him do what every other player did and wear the full new kit for the children who went to see him train last week.

#prayforSiggy
[Post edited 7 Aug 2017 15:09]
Gylfi on 15:11 - Aug 7 with 2324 viewsMo_Wives

This reminds me of the time when Ryan Giggs tripped and his cock accidentally became lodged in his brothers wife. He tried to shake it loose for a good half hour, the poor dab. Now even though Ryan was a victim, everyone thought he was a villain.

#prayforgylfi

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Gylfi on 15:23 - Aug 7 with 2223 viewsnantywatcher

Gylfi on 14:33 - Aug 7 by londonlisa2001

On just this one issue, I don't believe it's Jenkins' fault.

Totally agree with that. I've very little doubt he would have had this deal done and dusted a fortnight ago. Kaplan's I've got big balls posturing has had one hell of a negative affect on the club. Hopefully he's man enough to climb down.
Gylfi on 15:23 - Aug 7 with 2223 viewssnork44

Gylfi on 15:04 - Aug 7 by londonlisa2001

I think that Kaplan has decided he wants £50m and that's that.

He doesn't understand football, and is used to using steamroller tactics to get what he wants. He didn't understand the impact on the club and will now be trying to save face.

Certainly doesn't show any signs of being willing to take advice. Didn't with Bradley. Didn't take the advice two weeks ago to sell Siggy.

Fairly typical behaviour from an American hedge fund guy.

That doesn't surprise me one iota ! Corporate American businessmen are most unimaginative arseholes you could ever meet, I'm sure their are all cloned,because they look and dress all the same. They are right and everyone else is wrong. If you disagree with them ,you are fired! Either suck up to them or if when their way fails you end up being sacked for their f*ck up !
[Post edited 7 Aug 2017 15:28]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Gylfi on 15:26 - Aug 7 with 2195 viewstomdickharry

Bet Mr Clement is seriously disenchanted with the Siggy situation,wouldn't surprise me in the least if we are pointless after the first three games he will be off.
Gylfi on 15:52 - Aug 7 with 1985 viewsRobert

Gylfi on 15:07 - Aug 7 by londonlisa2001

Poor Siggy.

It's such a shame they wouldn't let him go to America, play in any friendlies and didn't even let him do what every other player did and wear the full new kit for the children who went to see him train last week.

#prayforSiggy
[Post edited 7 Aug 2017 15:09]

If GS would have refused to go to USA and play the friendlies he would have been fined and made to train with the juniors. It was a decision taken by the club. That's why he's training with the senior team and no fine.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2017 16:35]
Gylfi on 15:54 - Aug 7 with 1962 viewsBungle

Hi Guys, I feel like we bonded last time I was here so I thought I'd just pop back and say Hi in case any of you were wondering how I was doing?

Anyhow I hope this is done in the next couple of days so we can all move on, it's become quite the saga hasn't it guys?

How do you think you'll do this season?
Gylfi on 15:57 - Aug 7 with 1934 viewsSwanjaxs

Gylfi on 15:54 - Aug 7 by Bungle

Hi Guys, I feel like we bonded last time I was here so I thought I'd just pop back and say Hi in case any of you were wondering how I was doing?

Anyhow I hope this is done in the next couple of days so we can all move on, it's become quite the saga hasn't it guys?

Top 3 nailed on 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Gylfi on 16:07 - Aug 7 with 1834 viewsjack247

Gylfi on 15:54 - Aug 7 by Bungle

We will do a lot better if we get this transfer done and dusted and bring in a bit of quality.

The structure of a good team was there against (an admittedly poor) Sampdoria. We could do with upgrading on probably Routs from that starting eleven and bringing in one or two who can genuinely compete for first team places. Our squad depth isn't great.

If key players stay fit, we will play better football than last season. Wouldn't be surprised to finish mid table. A couple of big injuries and we will be in another dog fight.
Gylfi on 16:11 - Aug 7 with 1807 viewsMo_Wives

Gylfi on 15:57 - Aug 7 by Swanjaxs

Top 3 nailed on 👍

Great post.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Gylfi on 16:11 - Aug 7 with 1798 viewsandypitt56

Gylfi on 16:07 - Aug 7 by jack247

We will do a lot better if we get this transfer done and dusted and bring in a bit of quality.

The structure of a good team was there against (an admittedly poor) Sampdoria. We could do with upgrading on probably Routs from that starting eleven and bringing in one or two who can genuinely compete for first team places. Our squad depth isn't great.

If key players stay fit, we will play better football than last season. Wouldn't be surprised to finish mid table. A couple of big injuries and we will be in another dog fight.

Its all gone very quiet again....Just be nice to know either way. At least then we can get on and sign other players. Wales online are adamant we want another full back winger and striker.....
Gylfi on 16:12 - Aug 7 with 1779 viewsBungle

Gylfi on 16:07 - Aug 7 by jack247

Who would you consider your key players?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024