Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lua Lua 17:27 - Aug 10 with 10282 viewsdaveB

Coming back on loan

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/transfers-qpr-brighton-and-hove-albion-kazeng
Lua Lua on 14:42 - Aug 11 with 2476 viewsRBlock

Lua Lua on 14:23 - Aug 11 by nadera78

"he can't help being a sick note"

He can help it, but he doesn't want to. He's clearly one of those players who feels a slight twinge and immediately wants to walk off the pitch. He's never going to change, it's who he is. Guaranteed he won't play a dozen games before his loan expires. Absolute waste of everybody's time.

Well that is massively presumptous isn't it? Whilst granted he doesn't strike you as a Gareth Ainsworth, running off a broken leg, there is no evidence that his injuries are mental rather than physical. You have no idea what his conditioning is like at all, or what the medical teams at BHA or QPR have said. Just making sweeping generalisations about the guy's character in the absence of any actual information.
Lua Lua on 15:03 - Aug 11 with 2430 viewsJigsore

Lua Lua on 14:42 - Aug 11 by RBlock

Well that is massively presumptous isn't it? Whilst granted he doesn't strike you as a Gareth Ainsworth, running off a broken leg, there is no evidence that his injuries are mental rather than physical. You have no idea what his conditioning is like at all, or what the medical teams at BHA or QPR have said. Just making sweeping generalisations about the guy's character in the absence of any actual information.

yeah I think it's unfair also, if you look at his legs i'm not surprised at all with his record

look at those bastard quads. they're so highly strung I don't doubt he picks up injuries all the time. Same thing has happened to Gareth Bale since he moved to Real and put on too much muscle

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Lua Lua on 15:43 - Aug 11 with 2369 viewsLythamR

Lua Lua on 09:47 - Aug 11 by RANGERS4EVER

A total amount of £0 spending this season. Manning coming through well, as is Furlon. Eze and Chair both looking promising. One loan signing of a decent player probably not on much and people jump on Hoos straight away for 'spending instead of giving the youth a chance'.

Think the only thing mental here is you

Not jumping on Hoos at all here.

just because we havent spent much in transfer fees it doesnt mean that we have to find other ways to spend money.

the club lost just under 11m in the last accounts . We have a pretty full squad of players including a number of promising younger players, I would like to see them given a chance to develop.

I think i understand why Lua Lua has been brought in, if it works and he gets some goals and assists if will mean the less patient in our fanbase wont have as strong a case for screaming for Holloways' head by the middle of September but from the clubs medium term perspective it doesn't look like a sensible decision to me unless one or more of the current squad are about to be moved on before the window closes and the right replacement hasn't been identified yet

I hope he comes in and proves to be a revelation. I feels its more likely that he will make a few cameos mainly from the bench, score one goal off his arse and get injured whilst doing it.

I am not mental by the way and i have a note from my doctor to prove it but thanks for the concern
Lua Lua on 16:33 - Aug 11 with 2301 viewsW7Ranger

Lua Lua on 09:39 - Aug 11 by francisbowles

Which Reading game?
[Post edited 11 Aug 2017 9:42]

The 1-1 at home early last season.
Lua Lua on 16:40 - Aug 11 with 2279 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

If we can keep them all fit. Pawel, Freeman, Lua Lua across the front should cause problems for most teams in this league. Looks well balanced on paper. Might be shite in reality!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Lua Lua on 17:40 - Aug 11 with 2194 viewsderbyhoop

I'm not sure I understand this signing at all.
On the right we have Pawel, Petrasso, Mackie.
On the left we have Yeni, Manning and, possibly Freeman.
Shodipo can play either side.

So we bring in another player we may not need and that is likely to hold back the development of other, younger players. Maybe the intention is to play him up front, as a back up to Conor.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Lua Lua on 17:51 - Aug 11 with 2174 viewsDejR_vu

This is a six month loan, right? Presumably, if he's great we can extend / buy, if he's crap / injured we can waive him goodbye. Why are people getting their knickers in a twist?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Lua Lua on 17:51 - Aug 11 with 2173 viewsfrancisbowles

Lua Lua on 16:33 - Aug 11 by W7Ranger

The 1-1 at home early last season.

Ok, I am struggling to remember that one, I do remember him being useful away at Fulham.

Having looked up the Reading game, he was subbed after 53 mins and Clive gave him 5 so it's sounds like that may have been a rare positive.

Not wishing to be negative about him but I do feel he needs to learn the game a bit more before he can be a useful and reliable Championship player. I also think he is more useful on the right and we have Wszolek and others for that role whereas I believe Lua Lua is better on the left and we may be short of attacking options down that side.
Login to get fewer ads

Lua Lua on 08:05 - Aug 12 with 1984 viewsLythamR

Lua Lua on 17:51 - Aug 11 by DejR_vu

This is a six month loan, right? Presumably, if he's great we can extend / buy, if he's crap / injured we can waive him goodbye. Why are people getting their knickers in a twist?

yeah . 6 months at say £10k a week is a piffling £240,000

pay the man and damn his impudence eh
Lua Lua on 10:03 - Aug 12 with 1873 viewsDejR_vu

Lua Lua on 08:05 - Aug 12 by LythamR

yeah . 6 months at say £10k a week is a piffling £240,000

pay the man and damn his impudence eh

As opposed to what? A permanent signing on a three year contract on £5k per week (£780k). Surely, a six month loan is about as low risk / minimal financial commitment as you can get in football these days??
[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 10:04]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Lua Lua on 10:05 - Aug 12 with 1868 viewsLunarJetman

Lua Lua on 17:40 - Aug 11 by derbyhoop

I'm not sure I understand this signing at all.
On the right we have Pawel, Petrasso, Mackie.
On the left we have Yeni, Manning and, possibly Freeman.
Shodipo can play either side.

So we bring in another player we may not need and that is likely to hold back the development of other, younger players. Maybe the intention is to play him up front, as a back up to Conor.

Petrasso hasn't exactly set the world on fire, Mackie seems to struggle with injuries, Manning isn't really left midfiled and Shodipo isn't really ready yet.

I can see the logic in signing another winger. Not sure Lua Lua is the answer but in the current predicament he's all that we can afford.
Lua Lua on 11:54 - Aug 12 with 1791 viewsHoopsarrr

Like the lualua signing. Decent option off the bench. Shodipo is still injured and is boribably out for some time hence the loan in. Holloway knows he's a decent player and wouldn't just cast him out without giving him a chance. Shodipo was excellent against Leeds and the ball he played for Wszolek to score against reading last season was class. He'll be back.
Lua Lua on 21:23 - Aug 12 with 1689 viewsLythamR

Lua Lua on 10:03 - Aug 12 by DejR_vu

As opposed to what? A permanent signing on a three year contract on £5k per week (£780k). Surely, a six month loan is about as low risk / minimal financial commitment as you can get in football these days??
[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 10:04]

As oppsed to playing the players that are already at the club under contract and could be given a chance in the slot Lua Lua will now take for the next 6 months

Came on today had it absolutely served up to him on a plate with just the keeper in front of him from 8 yards and screwed it wide when easier to score. I am sure Eze could have done that
Lua Lua on 21:36 - Aug 12 with 1653 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Lua Lua on 21:23 - Aug 12 by LythamR

As oppsed to playing the players that are already at the club under contract and could be given a chance in the slot Lua Lua will now take for the next 6 months

Came on today had it absolutely served up to him on a plate with just the keeper in front of him from 8 yards and screwed it wide when easier to score. I am sure Eze could have done that

Bit of a simplistic view based on one chance isn't it?
Lua Lua on 08:51 - Aug 13 with 1415 viewsLythamR

Lua Lua on 21:36 - Aug 12 by CroydonCaptJack

Which part, the bit about not spending the money or the bit about him missing his chance?

Its done now, I was screaming him on yesterday as hard as anyone and i hope he does well now he is here
Lua Lua on 09:20 - Aug 13 with 1358 viewsRBlock

Lua Lua on 21:36 - Aug 12 by CroydonCaptJack

I think he makes a fair point. Plus his only other two or three touches on the ball weren't great. Not enough to judge him on, and certainly not writing him off, but the overarching point is about having Eze or Chair to play that roll, or potentially Shodipo when he is fit. Instead we've loaned in a player who doesn't improve out starting 11, blocking a pathway for one of our own. As has been said, it is done now and I wish him all the luck here.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2017 9:20]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024