Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lua Lua 17:27 - Aug 10 with 10281 viewsdaveB

Coming back on loan

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/transfers-qpr-brighton-and-hove-albion-kazeng
Lua Lua on 09:54 - Aug 11 with 1935 viewsfrancisbowles

Lua Lua on 19:45 - Aug 10 by DylanP

Yes we are. We didn't used to be, but now we are. Furlong, Ned, Manning, Freeman, Wszolek, Shadipo, Washington, are all either fast or have quick feet. We used to be a team that lumbered along, but we have added speed all over the field over the last two years.

I think Manning is a very good player with a great left foot but quick he isn't, which may partly explain why he couldn't break into the first team as a winger.
Lua Lua on 10:09 - Aug 11 with 1900 viewsfrancisbowles

I think Shodipo is a young lad who shows ability and potential. His few and mainly brief appearances in our first team were mixed with good things and mistakes. Nothing that you wouldn't expect from player trying to break through.

It was felt by the club and I agree, that he is not ready to challenge for a regular place, needs to learn the game at a higher level than u23 and therefore he should have a spell on loan. Unfortunately, it didn't go well due to injury.

We are told he is still injured. So what has changed since January? He needs to recover and hopefully be ready to go on loan again.

Lua Lua, if he can stay fit, will add some much needed experience, pace and ability to the left side or even up front. There are a lot of games between now and January. We need options in every position. He may even add some goals.
Lua Lua on 10:15 - Aug 11 with 1880 viewsRBlock

Lua Lua on 09:47 - Aug 11 by RANGERS4EVER

A total amount of £0 spending this season. Manning coming through well, as is Furlon. Eze and Chair both looking promising. One loan signing of a decent player probably not on much and people jump on Hoos straight away for 'spending instead of giving the youth a chance'.

Think the only thing mental here is you

I mean people aren't really jumping on Hoos are they? Maybe one person mentioned him, in the context of trying to tighten spending rather than blaming him. I imagine Hoos has absolutely nothing to with making a pathway for youth players or bringing in new signings, other than allocating a budget. People can question the logic of a signing without it becoming a witch hunt. Reckon you might have slightly jumped the gun here.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2017 10:16]
Lua Lua on 10:25 - Aug 11 with 1854 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Lua Lua on 10:15 - Aug 11 by RBlock

I mean people aren't really jumping on Hoos are they? Maybe one person mentioned him, in the context of trying to tighten spending rather than blaming him. I imagine Hoos has absolutely nothing to with making a pathway for youth players or bringing in new signings, other than allocating a budget. People can question the logic of a signing without it becoming a witch hunt. Reckon you might have slightly jumped the gun here.

It is still a signing I think is needed. Even with Shodipo, who is apparently injured, with only have Wszolek at RW, No harm done in a loan

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Lua Lua on 10:29 - Aug 11 with 1848 viewsrsonist

Yeah I think LuaLua will be covering Mackie, Washington, Freeman more than just being a pure left wing option (and certainly not a wing-back, obviously).

Nail in the coffin of Yeni you'd imagine. Wouldn't be surprised if we shifted him and Sylla along at cost if we can find buyers before the window closes.
Lua Lua on 10:30 - Aug 11 with 1845 viewsDorse

Lua Lua on 10:15 - Aug 11 by RBlock

I think the club has done some smart business in this window. Scowen looks to be a good fit for the team; Phillips in the U23s seems to have something about him too. Baptiste looks to be a solid option and we've needed one for some time.

I didn't really know what to make of Lua Lua last season but the management obviously feel he has something and, let's face it, we can always send him back. Freeman, Goss and Smith signed at the same time and I think we've come out on top with those three: Freeman is my first pick every time, Goss looks a prospect (surprisingly at CB - who knew?) and Smith is a known quantity who can duff up oppo CBs when needed.

For what it's worth, I think Hoos and the Axis of Evil have come into the season with a game plan and it appears to be working. They've addressed two of the major flaws of previous years: another First Team CB option and the lack of movement in the middle. We'd all like another striker but with Chair and Eze ('Eze good, Eze good, he's Ebere Eze good') coming through, not bringing in another striker might be a gamble worth taking.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Lua Lua on 10:33 - Aug 11 with 1840 viewsichbinnaughty

Lua Lua on 10:29 - Aug 11 by rsonist

Yeah I think LuaLua will be covering Mackie, Washington, Freeman more than just being a pure left wing option (and certainly not a wing-back, obviously).

Nail in the coffin of Yeni you'd imagine. Wouldn't be surprised if we shifted him and Sylla along at cost if we can find buyers before the window closes.

I hope we don't shift those two on.
I feel they could both have a bright season.
And they're "ours".

Not enamoured with the signing of Lua Lua.
We've got plenty of options in midfield; we;ve got some youth that warrant a go; and I'd rather we appropriated the spend (wages) elsewhere = a striker or a centre-half being the obvious areas.
Lua Lua on 10:43 - Aug 11 with 1808 viewsAntti_Heinola

Don't like to be negative, but this signing is as much a waste of time as it was last season. Go on Kazenga do it, step over, go down the outside, put in a cross for no one. Thanks. Great job. One trick pony, usually injured.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Lua Lua on 10:43 - Aug 11 with 1808 viewstoboboly

It's not even like he is very good, even when he played last season he was just a larger version of Yeni.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Lua Lua on 10:44 - Aug 11 with 1801 viewsAntti_Heinola

Don't like to be negative, but this signing is as much a waste of time as it was last season. Go on Kazenga do it, step over, go down the outside, put in a cross for no one. Thanks. Great job. One trick pony, usually injured.
As for jamie, after Kane failed to pull up trees at a lower level, assume he wrote him off too. Genius.

Bare bones.

Lua Lua on 11:47 - Aug 11 with 1721 viewskensalriser

Lua Lua on 10:29 - Aug 11 by rsonist

Olly was singing Yeni's praises after the Stan game, saying that's the type of character I want in this team.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Lua Lua on 11:54 - Aug 11 with 1708 viewsrsonist

Lua Lua on 10:33 - Aug 11 by ichbinnaughty

And they're "ours".

We've got plenty of options in midfield; we;ve got some youth that warrant a go; and I'd rather we appropriated the spend (wages) elsewhere = a striker or a centre-half being the obvious areas.

I agree that they're capable footballers, exactly the sort we should be developing to sell on, but Ollie's set his stall out now and it doesn't seem as though anyone at the club is co-ordinating strategy above him any more. (Even his own trusted scouts don't seem to have much to say so far).

Claw back the £3m we paid for them and maybe Ollie can use the money to print PASHUN or BANTER on the side of a bus or something.
Lua Lua on 11:58 - Aug 11 with 1694 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Let loose, I can see him ripping the other 23 clubs a second a-hole. Nailed on for the Championship Team of the Season, which we'll probably have seven or eight in.

Unless he injures himself of course!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Lua Lua on 12:11 - Aug 11 with 1646 viewsaston_hoop

He's back

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Lua Lua on 12:25 - Aug 11 with 1595 viewsdaveB

Lua Lua on 10:33 - Aug 11 by ichbinnaughty

And they're "ours".

We signed a centre half the other day.

I thought this summer we needed to sign a centre half, holding midfielder, left winger and a forward, 3 out of 4 so far so I'm happy.
Lua Lua on 12:57 - Aug 11 with 1527 viewsDando

Personally really happy about this signing. If hes kept injury free, hes the sort of player who can cause problems for sides and brings some unpredictability
Lua Lua on 12:57 - Aug 11 with 1523 viewssimmo

Lua Lua on 19:04 - Aug 10 by Jamie

Whilst LuaLua is far from an inspiring signing, it's still a million miles above playing Shodipo who had a chance and was shown to be way below the required standard.

When Port Vale plummeting to relegation send you back and still pay your wages rather than play you, it's time to think of a new career.

He's twice the player Petrasso is.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Lua Lua on 13:14 - Aug 11 with 1473 viewsFDC

Lua Lua on 11:47 - Aug 11 by kensalriser

Olly was singing Yeni's praises after the Stan game, saying that's the type of character I want in this team.

Certainly talks a good game, going from his interview on Loftcast
Lua Lua on 13:23 - Aug 11 with 1446 viewsTacticalR

Lua Lua on 13:14 - Aug 11 by FDC

Certainly talks a good game, going from his interview on Loftcast

Yeni? He was so well coached about the importance of the team over the individual that there was an almost North Korean/Trump Whitehouse Press Secretary quality to his answers.

Air hostess clique

Lua Lua on 13:45 - Aug 11 with 1403 viewsichbinnaughty

Lua Lua on 12:11 - Aug 11 by aston_hoop

He's back

To justify his loan, he needs to influence multiple games and contribute goals and assists.
If he does that then fair play to him.
Otherwise, it's money that could have been spent elsewhere.
Centre back wise, I still think Baptiste is merely a back up to cover injuries (which we did need to sign) and I still don't see Caulker being relied upon to (i) stay, (ii) play regularly, and (iii) consistently play to his ability (for us) = so in my mind we need to sign a centre back that has the capabilities and gravitas to do what Caulker would/should.
Lua Lua on 13:46 - Aug 11 with 1394 viewsJamie

Lua Lua on 12:57 - Aug 11 by simmo

He's twice the player Petrasso is.

Quite possibly. Although club management wildly disagree.

Would be amazed if Shodipo manages anything other than emulating mike doughty - numerous lower league loans before a permanent move to that level.
Lua Lua on 14:03 - Aug 11 with 1360 viewseghamranger

Think there are some harsh comments on here about him. I only saw him a few times last season, but when he came on as sub, he caused other teams all sorts of problems and actually looked our biggest goal threat. He can't help being a sick note, yeni and cilla are out for tomorrow's games so hopefully he will play some part
Lua Lua on 14:04 - Aug 11 with 1360 viewsHunterhoop

Lua Lua on 13:23 - Aug 11 by TacticalR

Yeni? He was so well coached about the importance of the team over the individual that there was an almost North Korean/Trump Whitehouse Press Secretary quality to his answers.

Haha. Excellent. Sadly I still don't think anyone has explained what Yeni's specific role in the team actually is. He always plays like he's not sure what he's meant to be doing or where to do it....although I'm sure he cares a lot about doing whatever "it" is.
Lua Lua on 14:23 - Aug 11 with 1320 viewsnadera78

Lua Lua on 14:03 - Aug 11 by eghamranger

Think there are some harsh comments on here about him. I only saw him a few times last season, but when he came on as sub, he caused other teams all sorts of problems and actually looked our biggest goal threat. He can't help being a sick note, yeni and cilla are out for tomorrow's games so hopefully he will play some part

"he can't help being a sick note"

He can help it, but he doesn't want to. He's clearly one of those players who feels a slight twinge and immediately wants to walk off the pitch. He's never going to change, it's who he is. Guaranteed he won't play a dozen games before his loan expires. Absolute waste of everybody's time.
Lua Lua on 14:24 - Aug 11 with 1320 viewsHunterhoop

Lua Lua on 13:46 - Aug 11 by Jamie

Quite possibly. Although club management wildly disagree.

Would be amazed if Shodipo manages anything other than emulating mike doughty - numerous lower league loans before a permanent move to that level.

Is it possible to rate both players? I think both have potential to be good Championship players.

Petrasso has not had a fair crack at the whip in his preferred position for us, but has played well on the international stage and in the reserves.

Shodipo, has already shown he is good enough for the Championship. He was one of the best players on the pitch in the opening 3-0 win vs Leeds. He changed the game in the away win at Fulham. He started quite a few games, which we competed in well and he certainly wasn't being carried in them. If Gladwin is League 1 level, Shodipo must be at least that good if not better now! And he will improve.

Holloway has always had his favourites, and an obsession with working hard, and positional awareness. He's always favoured experience over youth too. It's no surprise Shodipo isn't his bag. But that doesn't mean he's no good or not worth persevering with.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024