Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread & new signing. 18:52 - Sep 12 with 14624 views442Dale

Forward Jordan Slew to feature tonight.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/september/slew-signs/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread & new signing. on 15:12 - Sep 13 with 1768 viewsAtThePeake

Match thread & new signing. on 15:09 - Sep 13 by D_Alien

Agreed, but it seems the role also confers something which enhances his own game

Hendo, when he returns, should be left to just get on with producing up front

Completely agree. Loved McNulty's celebrations for the winner too, running up the length of the Main Stand fist-pumping at the fans to join in!

Tangled up in blue.

Match thread & new signing. on 15:23 - Sep 13 with 1723 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread & new signing. on 14:38 - Sep 13 by D_Dale

Remember that well, with Deary's goal going in off the post. Keith Hill played that day (but can't recall if he was one of those sent off).

In September 1977 Dale were 1-0 up at Grimsby with a couple of minutes to play, gave away a penalty and then a second goal. (That season they ended up with 2 away draws and 21 defeats.) I (almost) feel sorry for last night's Donnie fans and their miserable journey home.

Hill and Mark Leonard were the two sent-off in the first half.

We didn't miss one of them.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread & new signing. on 20:44 - Sep 13 with 1438 views49thseason

Match thread & new signing. on 14:51 - Sep 13 by AtThePeake

Funny how we all see the game differently, I thought he was totally anonymous in the first half and poor in the second and lucky to not be subbed off. Had a few decent little flicks but his end product was awful when it came to beating a man/getting the cross over and the one shot he had at goal was miles wide of the target.

The general consensus around me was that we would have been better off playing Mrs Slocum's pussy!
Match thread & new signing. on 20:55 - Sep 13 with 1412 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread & new signing. on 13:25 - Sep 13 by tony_roch975

Agree - Cannon started to show the energy of a year ago (despite some wayward passing); McGahey has looked class since he arrived (good in the air, power & pace) & positional sense improving (tho his passing range needs work); thought Jim's captaincy was the best I've seen since Gary Jones; was geeing up the rest during the warm-up, organised the defence, got in quick to defend our player whenever the ref called them over; as ever was last off the pitch after acknowledging the fans.

And that bit of skill when Jim almost tripped over the ball and kicked it against his standing foot (Moore luckily managed to boot the ball clear of danger) - you can't teach that!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread & new signing. on 21:04 - Sep 13 with 1390 viewsD_Alien

Match thread & new signing. on 20:55 - Sep 13 by dingdangblue

And that bit of skill when Jim almost tripped over the ball and kicked it against his standing foot (Moore luckily managed to boot the ball clear of danger) - you can't teach that!

Showboating of the highest class

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread & new signing. on 21:11 - Sep 13 with 1364 viewsnordenblue

Match thread & new signing. on 14:51 - Sep 13 by AtThePeake

Funny how we all see the game differently, I thought he was totally anonymous in the first half and poor in the second and lucky to not be subbed off. Had a few decent little flicks but his end product was awful when it came to beating a man/getting the cross over and the one shot he had at goal was miles wide of the target.

Totally agree,I actually said to a mate next to me I genuinely forgot he was playing for long spells
Match thread & new signing. on 22:15 - Sep 13 with 1260 viewstony_roch975

Match thread & new signing. on 20:55 - Sep 13 by dingdangblue

Well done DDB, amazing technical insight and brilliant support - yes players at Rochdale make mistakes (unlike you I'm sure). Our choice as Dale fans - pusillanimous clever-dick sniping to make sure our players know how much we don't respect them or balanced acknowledgement they have weaknesses, consistency is a continual struggle but celebrating when they do well and keeping their heads up is why we won on Tuesday.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Match thread & new signing. on 22:22 - Sep 13 with 1246 viewsaleanddale

Match thread & new signing. on 00:38 - Sep 13 by sweetcorn

How have we won that game? How?

We looked poor, all night, still not convinced we have enough upfront. Done looks a yard slower than his previous spells and davies is carrying extra weight, he was literally a passenger until 90+4 minutes tonight.

Thought a draw would have been fair as donny hardly come away with many plaudits with the way they played.

To win like that always feels special and i'll be going to sleep with a smile on my face tonight

Really?

you must stand in the Sandy.... first 20 we were so dominant and 100% deserved a half time lead.

ok second half was even stevens and we got the rub late doors but boy oh boy who would deny we deserve that 2 minutes of pure magic.....

Up the Dale.
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread & new signing. on 22:35 - Sep 13 with 1211 viewsscarrow

Match thread & new signing. on 22:22 - Sep 13 by aleanddale

Really?

you must stand in the Sandy.... first 20 we were so dominant and 100% deserved a half time lead.

ok second half was even stevens and we got the rub late doors but boy oh boy who would deny we deserve that 2 minutes of pure magic.....

Up the Dale.

Remember whose posting. I notice bazinga hasn't said anything about last night.

Poll: Final position

Match thread & new signing. on 22:38 - Sep 13 with 1200 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread & new signing. on 22:15 - Sep 13 by tony_roch975

Well done DDB, amazing technical insight and brilliant support - yes players at Rochdale make mistakes (unlike you I'm sure). Our choice as Dale fans - pusillanimous clever-dick sniping to make sure our players know how much we don't respect them or balanced acknowledgement they have weaknesses, consistency is a continual struggle but celebrating when they do well and keeping their heads up is why we won on Tuesday.

It was tongue in cheek! Jesus! I'm a bloody Jim fan and stick up for him all the time.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread & new signing. on 22:44 - Sep 13 with 1185 viewsD_Alien

Match thread & new signing. on 22:15 - Sep 13 by tony_roch975

I strongly suspect ddb's intentions were the precise opposite of what you've interpreted, and his post was intended as a chuckle, in the same way that Big Jim's team-mates might've ribbed him about the attempted clearance in the dressing room after the game, all in good humour

But let nothing get in the way of a post that includes 'pusillanimous', not even pusillanimity

Edit: just seen ddb's own response, well said
[Post edited 13 Sep 2017 22:45]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024