Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill and loans 23:56 - Sep 26 with 14624 viewsShun

Following on from the other thread about Hill's loans, if you could make a team made up of purely players who Hill had on loan, who would make the cut? I've made 2 teams, the former excluding any players who were on loan yet at some point played for us permanently. I'm sure I've missed a few obvious ones!

Heaton
Lomax Cansdell-Sherriff O'Connell ?
Whaley Basham Taylor Atkinson
Howe Rhodes

Heaton
Lomax Dawson O'Connell TK
Grant Taylor Atkinson
COG Alfie Murray*

*I'm including Murray as even though Parkin signed him on loan, he was still on loan for a few days after Hill became manager before signing his permanent contract.

Struggled with right-back so I've gone for the almost anonymous Kelvin Lomax. Struggling to find a left-back in the first team too.
Hill and loans on 21:18 - Sep 27 with 1835 viewsShun

Hill and loans on 20:05 - Sep 27 by TVOS1907

Not 100% sure if he was on loan or not, but Stephen Turnbull is surely worth a mention, just for a laugh.

I don't even slightly remember him!

I reckon somebody could come up with an utterly unremarkable anonymous XI of players Hill's signed that we've all forgotten about. Marcus Magna!
Hill and loans on 21:23 - Sep 27 with 1826 viewsTVOS1907

Hill and loans on 21:18 - Sep 27 by Shun

I reckon somebody could come up with an utterly unremarkable anonymous XI of players Hill's signed that we've all forgotten about. Marcus Magna!

It was more to do with what he did on loan elsewhere.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hill and loans on 22:15 - Sep 27 with 1765 viewsmeeee

Another player has just randomly came to mind. Does anyone remember William Mocquet? Was he a hill loan signing? I remember him being fantastic in his loan spell for us
Hill and loans on 22:19 - Sep 27 with 1759 viewsTVOS1907

Hill and loans on 22:15 - Sep 27 by meeee

Another player has just randomly came to mind. Does anyone remember William Mocquet? Was he a hill loan signing? I remember him being fantastic in his loan spell for us

No, Parkin brought him in a month before he was sacked.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 22:20]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hill and loans on 13:32 - Sep 28 with 1624 viewsdingdangblue

Turnbull played the last 10 mins of the Stockport 2 Rochdale 7 game - I guess that's his only noticeable event for Dale.
His most noticeable event for bury was getting them kicked out of the FA Cup 👍🏻.

As for your anonymous X1 loans by Hilly.

Danny Glover?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hill and loans on 17:01 - Sep 28 with 1546 viewsAtThePeake

I remember me and you creating an Anonymous Dale XI on Facebook a few years ago, going to have to scroll back and find it!

Michael Lea anyone?

Tangled up in blue.

Hill and loans on 18:35 - Sep 28 with 1501 viewsShun

Hill and loans on 17:01 - Sep 28 by AtThePeake

I remember me and you creating an Anonymous Dale XI on Facebook a few years ago, going to have to scroll back and find it!

Michael Lea anyone?

Ha!

Also don't remember Michael Lea or Danny Glover.

Helio Andre?
Scott Taylor?
Jerome Watt!
[Post edited 28 Sep 2017 18:39]
Hill and loans on 18:44 - Sep 28 with 1484 viewsAtThePeake

Hill and loans on 18:35 - Sep 28 by Shun

Ha!

Also don't remember Michael Lea or Danny Glover.

Helio Andre?
Scott Taylor?
Jerome Watt!
[Post edited 28 Sep 2017 18:39]

Scott Spencer!

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Hill and loans on 19:31 - Sep 28 with 1447 viewsnordenblue

Hill and loans on 18:44 - Sep 28 by AtThePeake

Scott Spencer!

Danny Reet...
Hill and loans on 20:30 - Sep 28 with 1412 viewsShun

Maybe not anonymous, but certainly barely ever spoken about are Ciaran Toner, Kenny Arthur, Rory Prendergast, Lee Crooks, Nathan D'laryea.
Hill and loans on 11:33 - Sep 29 with 1342 viewsEllDale

Lewis Montrose?
And a very young Louis Dodds.
Hill and loans on 23:11 - Sep 29 with 1238 viewsDale92

David Button how many times did we have him?

This is the One, I've waited for

Hill and loans on 23:27 - Sep 29 with 1223 viewsSaxonDale

WHat about the other way round? Which players do we all remember (for good or bad) but hardly played for us? For example I always remember Kelvin Etuhu's role despite there being many players who have played more games for us on loan since.
Hill and loans on 12:55 - Sep 30 with 1117 viewspioneer

Roger Denton....made his debut on loan at Huddersfield...got hammered 5-0 he was responsible for 6 of them. Never saw a football shirt again and went back to stamp collecting.
Hill and loans on 14:22 - Sep 30 with 1063 viewsDale92

Hill and loans on 23:27 - Sep 29 by SaxonDale

WHat about the other way round? Which players do we all remember (for good or bad) but hardly played for us? For example I always remember Kelvin Etuhu's role despite there being many players who have played more games for us on loan since.

Shun mentioned Prendergast, i was always impressed with him, played a huge part in our first recovery under Hill. Mocquet also had a good spell for us. For bad has to Sako, scared the life out of everyone then they realised he was shitee

This is the One, I've waited for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024